3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldy Chicks - August's Attitude of Gratitude (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/285637-worldy-chicks-augusts-attitude-gratitude.html)

Laura705 08-06-2013 06:02 PM

Okay, so I again forgot to state something for which I'm grateful. There's so much! Today the boss was kind of short with me about something, but I'm still grateful to have a job with good pay & benefits!

WW update:

I had a gain of 0.6 pounds. Based on my scale reading at home this morning I was expecting much more, so I suppose this is a relief. But...it's still a gain, and I need to get back on track. For exercise, I'm going to try to get to 3 Jazzercise classes per week for the month of August. For eating, I'm going to prepare more home-cooked meals.

Have a good evening/morning all! :wave:

MELODY525 08-07-2013 06:46 AM

Good Morning Ladies Of The World.
Sorry This Is Short. We Have Another Leak.
Plumber Is Not Far Away Now And Called To Get Me Going.
Hope You Gals Have A Great Day.
Will Try And Catch Up Later.

annie175 08-07-2013 07:36 AM

HOLY BAT CRAP, BATMAN!!

SOOOoooo we start this morning off with the wooden leaf to my kitchen table taking a fall right on my little toe on the bad foot/ankle. It is swollen up the size of my big toe and a real pretty purple is setting in. You can bet I had some very nice choice words like momma trucker...could barely limp into work this morning. That is how my day has started.

On a grateful note for today...traffice was light and I was into work in record time, not speeding either.

MELLIE...thank God your leak is not in St. Louis. They are flooding as they had 10" of rain in a very short period and it is still raining. If these hit and miss T-storms do not hit my garden, I will have to water tonight. Hope things smooth out for you.

LAURA...the gain was not too awful bad, but better get a hand it now before it get to be 6.0 rather than .6 Buffy you are my hero, I don't think I could do 2 squats much less 230. WOWSER.

HELLO to the rest of you chicklets have a humping Wednesday.

Hugs

Shad 08-07-2013 08:03 AM

Evening all,
Just on my way to bed. Can't say it has been a great day. I missed out on both the jobs - didn't even get to the interview. Seems that they found someone by other means in both cases. Not to worry. I do have some casual training coming up in Sept/ Oct. It will make me think again.
One of the recruiters said he had some government work coming up, but I told him that I was a less than civil, civil servant and that I didn't think I was up for another stint of less than sensible projects. I left him laughing about the fact that I said I had only just begun sleeping through the night again and had no wish to change that situation.

Mel - more leaks. Geez, there needs to be a better maintenance plan for this building. Take care

Happy - hope the kitten 'obliged' and is now safely home. Did she chuck up the food at the vets?

Laura - how long did it take to do 230 squats and anyway how did you arrive at that number?

Annie - hope the rain hits soon. And a big OUCH on that toe. Do we have to put you in a plaster cast to prevent this type of thing happening???

Surprisingly my back is not sore at all. But then I rarely have a problem with that. It aches on the odd occasion but nowhere near as bad as Michelle has it. My shoulders seem to have born the brunt of the exercise, but they aren't too bad - not even uncomfortable now. Knees ache somewhat, but hey a few aches and pains that I can live with at my age. Today was a quiet day garden wise. I planted up the Kurume azaleas and put in some hippeastrum bulbs that I dug up from around the back and bought some punnets of pansies, petunias and viola for pots of colour. The basic shades in the azalea garden will be pink and white (kurumes only seem to come in pink and white and maybe a light red) and they are not easy to get around here. I just looked them up and there are white, a couple of pinks, an orange yellow and a red (just for Mel it is called Christmas Cheer). I'd better see if I can get some online since there are some that I never see in my local store. I've also got some purple/blue viola to put around the edges of the garden and a couple of bulbs of Asiatic pink lilies to fill in some holes.
The house is tidy and the laundry is done. I've taken the last of granddaughters left overs down to my niece for her little one. Picked up a multi photo frame to put up for 'Sophia's Wall'. Things are moving along slowly. And so am I now, so it is bedtime for me. Countdown to the weekend I guess. Looking forward to that. No exercise and a let up from the house jobs list.

ceejay52 08-07-2013 10:16 AM

Don't no why but I'm not in the mood to be at work or much of anything else. Must be all the gloomy weather we're having. I'll be back later.

Laura705 08-07-2013 10:58 AM

Morning all.

Mel - Yikes, that building of yours has the makings of a real poseidon adventure! The plumber could be a permanent staff member. Hope it all gets resolved quickly.

Annie - OUCH!!! for the poor toe, on top of your continuing foot/ankle problem. :( You really should give steel-toed shoes some serious thought!!! :yes: Wow, bad news for St. Louis. Hope the rain stops/moves on. Yeh, we've had rainy patches, but nothing significant here. I'll have to water the garden tonight too.

Shad - Sorry neither of the jobs came through, but maybe you need more time off work - you still sound busy as all get-out, even when you say things are slowing down around the house! I'm now experiencing the cursor issues you've mentioned, grrr. I'm glad your back isn't sore, but with all the gardening you do, I guess you're conditioned for that type of movement. Your new garden sounds lovely - azaleas are so pretty. Too bad I'm not in the right zone for those... Re the squats, they really don't take very long, but then again I'm doing several sets at different intervals, mostly during the evening. If you were a die-hard and could do all 230 at once, it would likely take 5 minutes or less, and that's going at a normal pace. I will time myself on a set of 25 or 50 and report back. I learned about the squat challenge from a blogger. Here's a fb page link for the 30-day schedule. https://www.facebook.com/pages/30-Da...09536482550422

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!

==
Nothing much to report. I used my new iron this morning and it's nice. This one has a stainless steel sole plate and it seems to glide easier than my old one, which had some sort of non-stick finish. Which confirms what Consumer Reports said in their reviews of irons.

It's day 29 of the squat challenge, 240 squats. So far I have 35 done.

I have a volunteer day tomorrow so I will be out of the office most of the day - I probably won't post tomorrow until late afternoon, if at all. Tomorrow night is Jazzercise class. And day 30 of the challenge!!

Friday I have a doctor appointment, so I decided to take the day off work. Whoo!!!

Okay, back to it. The boss is in an all-day training session, so my contact with her is going to be practically nil the rest of the week and I'm not unhappy about that.

Today I'm grateful for my bf - he's funny, kind, loving, and smart. I'm lucky to have him in my life. And I'm not just saying that because he fixed the pedal on my bike yesterday! :D

Laura705 08-07-2013 11:01 AM

Ceejay - Sounds like you're ready for the weekend and some down time. And by down time, I mean this: :beach: NOT this: :(

diyana 08-07-2013 01:16 PM

Happy Hump Day ladies -

Today after work, I have a consult with a chiropractor about my back, which is getting progressively worse. It feels like my spine, hips, pelvis and legs are all out of alignment and not working properly, making walking and standing, and now even sitting very painful. I've been to chiropractors years ago for other issues with mixed results...but I figure it's the only thing I haven't tried yet and maybe it will help since everything feels out of alignment and like all my other muscles and joints are being used in ways they weren't intended to be to do simple things like walk and stand. After my chiropractor appointment, I may go to Water Aerobics class if the chiro says it's ok.

Tomorrow, I'm having lunch with a friend from high school who I don't see often enough. She works near where I do, and since I won't be working here much longer, we figured we'd better do lunch. After work, I'm going to my new contract agency to fill out paperwork.

My niece, her husband and the baby will be coming for a visit tomorrow afternoon, and staying until around noon on Friday...then they'll be going to see other relatives in the area. On Friday, my step-mom's brother and his wife will be arriving. I think they're staying a week or so, but my step-mom is taking them up to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite for a few days during that time.

Hmmm, what am I grateful for today: great friends and a wonderful family!
=====================

Happy - I hope little Nina is doing better.

Annie - I really think we need to wrap you in bubble wrap. Your poor toe!! I hope your day goes better than your morning.

Laura - Too funny about ironing your dad's hankies. I used to do that too. I don't iron anymore now. Thanks for the kind words about how far I've come. I can hardly believe it myself! I'm so impressed by 230 squats, and then 240 two days later!! :faint: Jazzercise and home cooked meals should help with the numbers on the scale.

Mel - So sorry to hear you have another leak. I hope it gets resolved soon so you can relax a bit.

Shad: Bummer that you didn't get to the interview phase for either job. But at least you have some training coming up in the next couple months. You had me laughing at being a less than civil, civil servant. I'm glad your back isn't sore after the lifting, bummer about your shoulders hurting...but you did work hard. Your plants for the garden sound lovely!

Ceejay - Isn't it interesting how gloomy weather can affect our moods. Sending you some sunshine and smiles. :beach: :D

Gotta sign off for now!

Much love and many hugs,

annie175 08-07-2013 02:59 PM

Downton Abbey Update:
'Downton Abbey' star: Lady Mary 'needs to find a husband'

Drusilla MoorhouseTODAY contributor
  • FacebookShare on Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Reddit
  • Pinterest
  • Email
5 hours ago
http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/streams...ktop_small.jpg PBS
Michelle Dockery as Lady Mary.

When "Downton Abbey's" fourth season begins, six months after the tragic death of Matthew Crawley, the household isolated by grief is just starting to rejoin society again.
But almost as soon as the Crawleys reopen their doors to visitors, potential suitors for Lady Mary come rushing in.
"She has more than one love interest," Michelle Dockery confirmed at the Television Critics Association press tour Tuesday.
Some of the first to cross the threshold are Charles Blake (Julian Ovenden) and Lord Anthony Gillingham, played by Welsh actor Tom Cullen.
"He is an old family friend (Mary's) known since the girls were children," Dockery said of the latter.
She'll also be wooed by another familiar face: Evelyn Napier (Brendan Patricks), who memorably introduced Mary to her doomed first lover, Turkish diplomat Mr. Pamuk, in season one.
"Mary's suitors are really brave — I'm pretty sure Richard Carlisle (Iain Glenn) is somewhere dead and we don't know," Dockery joked about the heiress's doomed beaus.
"They're like praying mantises," added producer Gareth Neame. "They get to do it once and then she kills them!"
But it's Mary herself the family — and their faithful servants — are trying to resuscitate in "Downton's" fourth-season premiere.
"She is broken and bruised, and it is our job to wrap her up and keep her safe from the world," her father says in a brand-new preview screened for critics.
"No, Robert — it is our job to bring her back into the world," argues his wife, Cora.
And that includes socializing with eligible bachelors.
Understandably, Dockery told TODAY.com, "it's difficult for her to move on and even see men in that way. She adored Matthew, and she was completely in love with him, and she really thought that was it. So to then have to play that game again of meeting someone — it's difficult for her certainly.
"And I feel it should be, because the audience have invested so much in that relationship between Mary and Matthew — and of course Matthew is a character everyone adored. Everyone loved (actor) Dan Stevens, and I don't think it would be appropriate for her to move on quickly."
But even though the birth of their son, George, means the family has a male heir, Mary "still needs to find a husband," Dockery told TODAY.com. "At that time, and within the aristocracy and the world she lives in, it's important for her to meet someone else. It's very frowned upon to be a woman without a husband."
"Eventually that will have to come," she hinted. "She has been so many ups and downs — just when I thought she was happy and she had it all, everything was shattered at the end of (season) three. (This season), it's almost like a new chapter for her."
And that includes partnering with Branson — at the unlikely suggestion of the Dowager Countess — to run the Downton estate.
"She steps up, and she becomes part of that process with Branson and Robert," Dockery told TODAY.com. "There's still a kind of slight battle between her father and her. He kind of doesn't really want her to get involved, but actually she does want to get stuck in — and actually do what Matthew would've been very proud of her doing."
But don't count her sister's widower among Mary's ardent admirers.
"We're aware there are suspicions about Tom and Mary's relationship, but they are very much friends — he is her brother-in-law," Dockery insisted. In addition to managing the estate together, "They become close because of what they've both been through. Romantically, I don't think it's going anywhere. I hope not."
"Downton Abbey" isn't going anywhere either: "As far as we know, we're all doing (season) five next year," Dockery said, and Naeme confirmed that they are already plotting the next season — and beyond.
"I think the show has a lot further to go," he said, adding that as long as the fan fervor continues, "we want to keep making it."

ceejay52 08-07-2013 04:44 PM

Laura
You are absolutely right I need some R&R. I think I've burned myself out on going so much. I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning and come to work. But today I've honestly "babysat" the plant. I've been downstairs approximately 4 times and they may not like the way I filled out my sheet so be it.

Michelle
You may need some R&R too. Hope the chiropractor can help.

Shad
I agree that this may be a good sign that you still need some time off. You have been doing a bunch of stuff. You must be in good shape to have moved all that soil and still not complaining about being so sore you can't move

Annie
Ouch on the foot. You may need to have an x-ray especially if it turns black.

Mel
Did you and the plumber get the leak resolved? How are the 96 year old's doing?

Happy
Think I'm going to do some more purging tomorrow. I've got things out in the shed that need going through. And I'm tackling mom's stuff.

Called street and sanitation this morning about picking up the old lawn mower in the morning. I told him we had some mischievous kids in the neighborhood and would like for someone to come and pick it up. He told me to call him in the morning.
Question Do I keep my baby dress that is in mom's stuff or dump it. No one else will want it and I have seen it in years. Can I make a picture of it and keep it that way?

happy2bme 08-07-2013 08:11 PM

Hi all,

Started to post today but had to run off with DH and take care of some errands at the last minute. Forgot I was in the middle of something until I came back.

Among other things we picked up Nina from the vet today. It's going on day 3 and she still hasn't "produced". We were starting to get worried about her. I think the problem is that Nina is a VERY good, very clean kitty. Her litter box per se is a small plastic tray that has about 1/4 cup of plastic beads in it. They do this so they can capture the output. However this looks nothing like litter at all and I am afraid that being as clean as she is, she will not go potty if she doesn't think there is a potty available. Case in point, as soon as we brought her home she went downstairs and did number 1 right where she was supposed to. Unfortunately we need a sample of the other stuff. DH is sitting downstairs watching tv and monitoring her. I don't think they wanted to let her go but we were insistent and Doc said it didn't matter if we did the collection or they did. She is home now, crawling all over everything, trying to steal her sister's food - life is back to it's usual ways. Outside of the few errands we ran, didn't get much else done. I did notice as we were driving along several small but nonetheless still there patches of autumn color in the leaves. We got a good soaking rain the other night - just what we needed. I won't go so far as to fall into the cliché of a bad winter, but I think it will be an early autumn for us. At least half the nights this week will see upper 40's for a low overnight temperature.

Michelle - I feel for you with the back issue. I have about had it with mine and can totally relate to your sense of putting out a lot of energy to compensate for what feels out of whack. I hope the chiropractor gives you some relief although for me, it made me far worse. The thing was, people told me I would have some pain at first as they aligned things so I didn't pay much attention to the warning signs that the pain was getting worse and worse. I didn't know what to expect so I could not tell that something was very wrong. I know some people swear by them for relief - I hope they do something for you however I have heard they cannot help if the problem is one of degeneration in the spine. Sounds like you certainly have a very busy household over the next few days. Hope you get to spend some time with your niece and see the new baby. Let me know how you like the 3FC book - I will have to keep an eye out for a copy around this way.

Ceejay - you pose a wise question about the baby dress -what can you possibly do with it? If you can't repurpose it to someone else, perhaps it is best to give it away. If there were a small bonnet or such that was tiny enough to store, that might make more sense to keep. Have to start thinking of what you will take with you when you downsize to retirement. I like Fly Lady's suggestion of only keeping what you absolutely love.

Mel - thanks for the preview of Downton Abbey, season 4. They mention Lady Mary attracting the suitors but what of her poor red haired sister jilted at the altar??? I can't even imagine trying to replace Matthew - he will be sorely missed. My eyes will miss him too ;) ;) ;) :lol: I'm glad I had purchased the last 2 episodes of season 3 through iTunes. I'm going to need to review them before the new season starts as I have completely forgotten what was going on and I'm sure there will be a run on copies to borrow from the library as everyone gets up to speed again. Perhaps PBS will marathon Season 3 before the new season starts. Did all the leaks get stopped in your building?

Laura - your comment of the hankies brought back a warm fuzzy for me. My Dad used hankies also. I too learned how to iron doing pillowcases and Dad's hankies. I agree with you on the stainless steel plate working far better on the iron. I had the same experience with a non-stick (which was not so much a non stick finish). I hate ironing period but slacks just about the worst - suit jackets taking the number one spot in my book! Glad you aren't letting the slight weight gain get you down and sounds like you have a good plan in place to deal with it. Very proud of you on that squat challenge. Geez I have enough trouble doing 2 (one up and one down) to get to the floor to peek under the bed to check on the cat when she feels like hiding under the bed skirt. My knees would creak like a sonic boom if I tried to do 240 of them. You definitely are BUFFY the squat-erator!!!! :lol3:

Shad - I'm sorry your job leads fell through. Just means you have more time to handle things around the house. Good for you for passing on the idea of another government contract - better to tighten the belt a few notches than introduce that kind of torment into your life. I have to admit, I didn't think of azaleas in your yard but it makes perfect sense. Will they bloom for a good part of the year? Ours came in gorgeous colors also but they were generally pastels (although never a yellow) but there were some intense reds and deep pinks too now that I think of it. Lovely bushes those are.

Oh man - poor Annie!!!! :hug: Sounds like you broke your poor toe. And on your sore foot on top of it. Why, why, why? I hope this won't be too hard on your leg and that you have some sandals or soft slippers to get by at work. I feel for you sister - will pass you a bottle of my local wine (hope you like whites) to help dull the pain. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I guess I will go call my Mom before my Master Chef show comes on. I think I'll make a nice cup of tea to watch tv to also. My challenge this week is to not eat after 8pm. I got in a bad habit of a late night snack and that's one of the hardest to break. I realize it's also not a good idea to watch food based television shows late at night. Another good reason to start reading again instead of TV. Have a good night all.

happy2bme 08-07-2013 08:13 PM

Oh and Mel I love your new summer avatar! :D

I am grateful for you ladies - you make me smile both intentionally (still smiling over Shad's comments about the lumberjacks not quite strapping as much as missing hair, teeth and the occasional limb :lol3: ) and unintentional smiling too - like trying to do 2 squats and wondering just how Laura is managing it as well as a tender, sweet smile about my Dad and his hankies :hug:

MELODY525 08-08-2013 07:04 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--Y_zt76_tx...1600/ygtry.jpg

GOOD MORNING CHICKS

WOKE EARLY BUT NOT FEELING UP TO PAR JUST YET.
SO I AM POSTING THIS GOOD MORNING FIRST.
THEN I'LL READ YOUR POSTS & HOPE MY TUMMY SETTLES DOWN.
BE BACK IN A BIT.:scooter:

MELODY525 08-08-2013 07:42 AM

HAPPY.....I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR AVATAR.
IT WAS THE FIRST THING I SAW THIS MORNING. VERY CUTE.
I USE THE LIBRARY ALL THE TIME NOW.
A FRIEND TOLD ME THAT'S WHY BORDER BOOKS WENT OUT OF BUSINESS NEAR ME:rofl:
John is the supervisor that retired.
I see him about once every 2 months.
He and his wife stop by every time they go into NYC.
Then they bought a gorgeous condo in Florida.
They brought me pictures and spend about 2-3 hrs here.
It was a lovely visit. She has Celiac's disease now. So sad.
I THINK THE KITTIES ARE GOOD FOR DH TOO. GOOD THINKING.
THEY CAN'T BE ANY MORE EXPENSIVE THAN JEN & RICHIE....
AND I STILL KEEP THEM AROUND:rofl: :rofl:
HOPE THE KITTEN WILL BE OK AND POOPS!!
REMINDED ME A BIT OF SOME OF THE OLD GALS HERE. ROFLMAO
PS....IT WAS ANNIE GAVE THE DA PREVIEW:rofl: :rofl:

ANNIE.....JAKE MUST BE ADORABLE GROWING UP.
TREASURE THOSE MOMENTS TOGETHER:hug:
I MEANT TO SAY LAST WEEK.....THANKS AGAIN.
WE HAD A GOOD TIME AT TRADER JOES. EVEN THO I WAS TIRED. LOL
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FOOT. OMG!!!:yikes:
I HOPE IT FEELS MUCH BETTER VERY SOON:hjug:

CEEJAY....I AM BEGINNING TO THINK WE'RE DROWNING OVER HERE.
MUST BE ALL THE RAIN COMING UP FROM THE SOUTH!! LOL
I THINK I HAVE SYMPATHY STOMACH PAINS FOR YOU.
HOPE YOURS ARE GONE:hug:
I'M NOT IN THE MOOD FOR ANYTHING THIS WHOLE WEEK!!:rofl:
RIGHT NOW I THINK THE OLD MEN HERE ARE DOING BETTER THAN I AM:lol3:
AS FOR THE DRESS....DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT.
A PHOTO IS A GREAT IDEA. THAT'S A TOUGH CALL THOUGH.

LAURA....I SOMETIMES THINK THEY MAKE THOSE MOVIES SO THE PARENTS WILL TAKE THE KIDS!!
I AM SURE IT BOOSTS TICKET SALES.
I LOVED THAT BEACH PHOTO THAT I POSTED TOO.
WISH WE WERE ALL THERE SIPPING ADULT BEVERAGES:cheers:
GLAD THE WW MEETING WASN'T BAD AT ALL.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE RUN IN WITH THE BOSS.
I HATE UNSETTLING THINGS. BUT A JOB IS A GODSEND!!:angel:
I HAD A GOOD LAUGH AT THE BF & BEING GRATEFUL.
GUESS IF HE CAN FIX BIKES HE'S A REAL KEEPER:love:

SHAD....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE 2 JOBS.
I ALMOST FELL OUT OF THE CHAIR THINKING OF ANOTHER GOVT JOB:lol3:
THE IRONY OF THAT IS TOO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT.
MAKES MY BRAIN HURT ALREADY!!
PRAYING THAT SOMETHING ELSE WILL COME UP.
I LOVE THE IDEA OF SOHPIA'S WALL. GREAT IDEA!!!
THE GARDEN SOUNDS LIKE IT WILL BE A RIOT OF GORGEOUS COLORS.
LOVE THE CHRISTMAS CHEER!!!:hohoho:
I FOUND THE CHRISTMAS CHEER.....LOL
http://www.warners.com.au/images/D813115547.jpg

MICHELLE....LOTS TO BE GRATEFUL FOR THIS THANKSGIVING.
IT WAS NICE TO SEE YOUR LIFE TURN AROUND RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES.
HOPE THE YEAR CONTINUES ON THIS GOOD NOTE.
ALSO HOPE THE CHIRO CAN HELP YOU :crossed:

annie175 08-08-2013 07:48 AM

A sad day in OZ ladies....the gal that play the flower pot munchkin passed away.