Old 07-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #16  
Thin Within

Talking Back To Yack

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

I am back again ~ well I tried to open the Windows Defender which came on my new computer so in order to do that I needed to dump the trial version of Norton. So I dumped the trial version and still the Defender wouldn’t open and so the computer is now at the shop being worked on again. They are going to trick it out and make it look more like Windows 7 and open like it does with the “start” button in the tray but it will be the 8 system, Windows 8 has yet to bring back the “start” button like they said they would. I did find a way around that though and it wasn’t my problem. They will find and fix the problem that is that the Windows Defender wouldn’t open which is my main concern. All that took up most of my afternoon. I am sure glad I kept this old thing out and hadn’t trashed it yet.

Have a great evening MAGNOLIAS and I will type at y’all later.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #17  

Maggie, click on the upper right corner of the screen to get the tools and then click on search and type in Windows Defender. It'll be there.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Default Back For A Bit Again

Thanks SUSAN but I did try that and it still wouldn’t open it because the residue that Norton left on my computer was blocking it’s opening. The Tec Junkie guy will once again get into my machine and reload everything for there was something in the residue that was left behind after I dumped Norton that was keeping the Windows Defender from opening. That “something” I could not find so I’ll let my Junkie fix it plus trick out my machine. I spent enough time working on that problem and before I went totally bonkers we took it to the shop.

Have a great evening MAGNOLIAS and I will type at y’all later.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #19  

Early good morning gals. Jack just left for work and I had to get up and go to the bathroom so decided to stay up for a bit and check delivery stuff. It is going to be a hot one here again today and looks like we will be back up into the 90's everyday with only upper 70's cool off overnight. It wouldn't be so bad if it would cool off into the 60's overnight, but it stays too warm to turn off the ac units.

Yahoo, my dresses and such were shipped last night. One thing is she called and said they sold out of the white top with the gold crowns on it but had it in navy blue in next size up. I told her that was way too big since I buy them a bit larger anyway so I can wear them to cover my scars. My scars show through my clothing so I don't wear anything tucked in or short length. Anyway, I got online to pick something else and she said she could alter the shirt to my size so I let her go ahead and do that. I didn't want a dark color, but I will wear it on a ship day sailing day and not an excursion day so I should be ok and keep cool. I bought 3 dresses and 4 tops/tshirts so am excited to see them then get started pairing everything up.

The phones should be here tomorrow. We had to take on another 2 year contract, but that's ok. I just wish this area had better reception. The plant is terrible and half the time I can't even get a text delivered to Jack let alone call him. Here it is a bit better, but the combination when we make calls to each other is awful a lot of the time.

Jean: When we had Butterscotch, he was a talker too. He would sit up in the upstairs window in either the spare room or Jack's office and just click clack away. The birds tweeted back at him, but I don't think they realized he was telling them, "If I can find a way to get this window open, your birdiness is cooked and I am going to have lunch early!" You seem to be tons busier now then when you still taught school!!! I think you need to look up retirement in the dictionary, 'cause you missed the meaning somehow! You are so busy I am surprised you don't just run out of steam. I was thinking about Bob and his fishing expeditions and you getting fish yesterday when I was watching this BBC America program where the chefs were professionals cooking in a competition not amatuers sort of like the american top chef master chef programs. I got the giggles because the chefs all had to do a knowledge test cooking something and it was sea urchin. They had to know how to open it, what to cook from the inside, etc. I don't know why, but I thought of you standing at the sink after Bob brought in sea urchins trying to figure out what to do with them. Jack asked me why I was laughing and I told him because on the show, not one of the chefs had ever cooked the things and a couple of them made a real mess of it.

Maggie: I hope you can get your new one fixed up correctly. I stay in the complex to walk at least for the time being and everyone here knows me and we get along just fine. I have always walked in the neighborhood too and never had problems. The biggest thing is be friendly and don't let them think they have spooked you. We actually had a black man who lived across from us then keeps an eye on us all the time and tells us when he thinks something is hinky. It is kind of funny actually as I guess he thinks we are too old and decrepid to do it ourselves, but we appreciate him caring enough.

Susan: Hope things are going well for you. We have had a couple nice rains, but we could use more for sure. The forecast will call for thunderstorms, but it will cloud up then nothing. That used to happen every night when I lived out in the dessert with Jack's family decades ago. It would get all dark and cloudy like we were going have have a heck of a rain, then nothing.

Well girls, want to finish a book I started. Have a good one. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #20  

Good Morning! It is misting here this morning; the weatherman said fog but I don't see any of that. I am home for the day and plan to get lots done! The washer is running and I've written checks to pay bills plus a couple of sympathy cards. Now I'm hunting for a recipe using hamburger, cheese, and Bisquick. I used to make it, by memory, when the kids were little -- the memory has disappeared!

Maggie -- I know you will find your program focus again and the pounds will disappear. It's hard to stay op when the weight loss trail seems so long. I haven't been doing well and have missed several weigh-ins. I'm really tempted to quit for awhile and rejoin when my head and heart are working together again. Good luck with getting your computer fixed. I think my pc is heading for the shop; I keep getting annoying pop up ads and so much spam junk. My laptop doesn't have the same problems, but I don't like typing on it; it has my gift shop figures and that's about it. At least that junk goes into a spam folder and I can dump it daily. It's also slower than usual so don't know if that's the computer or the isp. It isn't all that old and I sure don't want to replace it.

"Gma" -- I hope all the new clothes will be just the right size and things you will enjoy wearing. Will the new phones be much different than what you are used to now? I hope they never do away with "dumb" phones or I will be in big trouble. Bob fixes the fish in an iron fry pan on the grill. They turn out great and my house doesn't stink afterwards. I wouldn't have a clue how to clean any type of water creature, and have no urge to learn.

Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday and remember to smile no matter what you are doing!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #21  

Good afternoon, ladies. 83 degrees today so very nice but overcast. We never did get rain yesterday. It went all around us.

Faye, your new clothes sound lovely. You'll surely be stylin' on that cruise.

Jean, Casper can't hear but he sure talks a lot. Must be some inborn thing. Of course, he has one volume level and I have to say it is a pretty annoying one being very loud and squeeky. You may have picked up one of the Trojans from here. That usually results in slower and slower computer speed.

Maggie, I hope they get your computer straight. The changes to Windows 8 aren't due to be released until October. I've gotten used to it and like it better than 7.

Have a great day...I need to get back to work.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #22  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Pleasant Tuesday

It is currently 79ºs here in the ♥-Land and not expected to climb into the 100º area this day. Will is at the place to have the new shocks installed on the Jeep and all the animals are outside.

Last night we got a bit of a startle for a large bird went whizzing by our heads. Cecil had caught a dove and brought it inside and let it go. Will caught it in the dining room and let it go outside. That Cecil is quite the hunter for he is so quick. He doesn’t hunt because he is hungry but just is his instinct to catch them. The food chain thing.

It is hard to believe where the time gone this month for it is almost over. It slipped away from me quickly. I am going to shake up my exercise routine and do some different things. I must continue my walking though for I need that for it does help my knees and back to function better.

Not much else on my ticket this day except the regular picking up and cleaning that goes on around here.

JEAN Isn’t it nice to have a day where you can stay home and get done what you want to do. I did ended up writing what I ate and stayed inside the lines yesterday. I plan to do the same this day for it will help me keep my head in it and my FOCUS. I am determined to go back to what worked for me and that was to write it down before I ate it. No surprises there. Sometimes I just get so tired of it all but I do know what I do need to do. I do so want it to be easy but it just won’t be ~ but it is necessary. I have to quit sabotaging myself.

DONNA FAYE Your new duds sound like you will be well prepared for any occasion on the cruise. You are such a good list maker and trip organizer you will have everything you need to take all together. I wouldn't have a clue on how to cook those urchins either unless they could be cooked on the Barbie. I certainly would have to do some research before cooking them. I cook most of the sea food outside to avoid smelling up the house. Watching those knowledgeable chefs must have been a hoot. Cecil isn't much of a talker but he is an excellent stalker. When we were out in CA in the mountains we had to drive a few miles to a spot where we could get reception to make a call. Here we are in the flatlands and don't have that problem. It is hard to believe we have been here almost 6 years.

SUSAN Got a call from the techie that is working on my new computer ~ he informed me that when I purchased it it came with 40 viruses installed. Even Norton didn’t detect them but it made my computer not act like it should with the 8. I am sure I will like 8 when I get it like it should be but it was a nightmare the way it was. He is gutting my computer to rid it of all those viruses and re-installing everything. I was pulling my hair for what I couldn’t fix on the computer for I didn’t have a clue that it had all those viruses since Norton didn’t alert me to them. If I ever buy another computer I am taking it right to my techie guy and have it gutted then what I want re-installed.

Have a great day MAGNOLIAS and I will type at y’all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 07-30-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:48 AM   #23  

Good morning ladies. It is very muggy out and very dark so expecting some big time thunderstorms this morning. Nothing yet, but it is so still outside at the moment, not one leaf is moving and that is always scary. I live in the part of the country called tornado alley and there is a reason for the name for sure.

I have started knitting again and I hope I can get this sleeveless tank finished before the cruise. I bought some gray dress slacks to wear with it so am keeping my fingers crossed. This picture is of the back of the sweater and I am almost up to the decrease rows for the armholes. I just coldn't knit and be worrying about Fortune all the time so I quit. For me, I have to concentrate when I knit anything with a pattern or I screw up.

Jean: Glad you got the recipe. I found it pretty easily on the Betty Crocker website. It was the only one out of about 200 recipes that was bisquick, hamb and cheese so figured it had to be it! I think summer and holidays are the worst for losing weight. You have all these picnics and pot lucks and such and there are always tempting things to eat. I got a hankering for olives the other evening and ate 5 of the big ones. Not good for my feet because of the sodium but they were so good at the time.

Maggie: I think I would have made them just replace the laptop instead of fooling with it. Seems to me they shouldn't have sold you one with viruses and when you complained should have just given you another one. You have to cut sea urchins with scissors and then take out the orange part that is pretty slimy looking to me. You eat them raw from what I understand. EUWWWW! Sounds like something that weirdo guy on tv that eats all those creepy things would willingly eat. The chefs did everything from fry them to putting them through a sieve. One guy strained them then put them and what he had strained all on the plate so there was a lot of grit. UGH! I am going to bypass sea urchin I think.

Susan: Hope you got your needed rain. We surely haven't had enough here. We did get a lot of late spring rain though so the crops don't look too bad, but we do need more rain.

I need to get going. Have to sweep and mop floors today. Have a great middle of the week. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wipsweater.jpg (76.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #24  

Good Morning! It's a beautiful morning in my corner of the world -- sunny, cool, and NO wind. The weatherman says a chance of thunderstorms every day this week but so far nothing. I need to make a grocery list for tomorrow; the local grocery store has a coupon for $.75 off 20 gallons of gas for spending $100 tomorrow only. I doubt I would even come close so won't try. I wonder how many people over buy just to get the gas price. I know a lot of people are upset because they can't take the 20 gallons in one shot, and then lose the extra gallons the next time around. We are going to Sioux City this afternoon to meet some of Bob's classmates for a 50th get together. It's at a restaurant from 2 until 6; he says it won't take 4 hours to say what he has to contribute.

Susan -- I've been running extra scans after visiting here and FB. Supposedly FB had a huge virus going out but nothing ever showed up on my computer. How do you tell if there is a Trojan lurking?

Maggie -- I had to at Cecil bring you a bird! Many years ago we had a cat who would go outside on a rope. She had a collar with a bell and still caught birds. She also brought one in the house but kept her paw on it. Bob happened to be home and caught it to get it back outside. I, too, get tired of thinking about what to eat and not eat all the time. I get tired/bored with "easy" menu choices; since I don't like to cook it is an every day challenge for sure.

"Gma" -- I'm glad you are back to knitting again! Thanks for sharing the picture -- very pretty! Will had asked for an afghan while I was working on Beth's so think I will start shopping for yarn for his. My problem is Sonnybub because he thinks he need to help! Bob found olives with jalapeños stuffed inside at Sam's. I dig the jalapeño out and enjoy the olive!

I need to figure out what I'm wearing this afternoon and get something done around here this morning as in vacuum the flying fur! Have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #25  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Rainey Wednesday

I woke up to rolling thunder and rain. Sounds like what the ancient Greeks & Romans thought during a thunder storm ~ that their gods were rolling large rocks. It rolls along then bang. This just may break the humidity which has been high lately.

Will has gone shopping at Wal*Mart to get some meat for the freezer. We have been using some of what we had frozen and now need to replenish. They put “yesterdays” cuts out on sale each day and it is a great mark down so we get more bang for the buck. The cat is asleep on the bed and the dogs are out in the patio watching the rain and barking at the thunder.

DONNA FAYE I didn’t take the computer back for it was the only one of it’s kind that they had and weren’t going to get anymore for a long while. Since it was brand new I thought it should work correctly. Not using an 8 before I didn’t really know what to expect from it and didn’t know it wasn’t supposed to do some of the things it was doing for I had heard from several that the 8 was so different. Where it is being gutted now is a trustworthy outfit and they will only load back what I want and not a lot of the other stuff that came with it. It is a pavilion and has some things on it that other machines don’t have. In the long run it is cheaper to buy a computer on sale then take it to our teckie to be gutted and reloaded. They are making my machine look like a 7 and have some of its features but be an 8 while they have it down there. It didn’t have a “start” button in the tray and they are installing one. They are making it user friendly for me personally. It will be so much better than one I could buy. It is an Entertainment Pavilion and has great speakers for when a movie or CD is played.

JEAN Cats were made to be huners and catch birds. I know you will have a nice gab fest at that reunion and have a great time. I love those olives stuffed with jalapenios. I can make one last a long time ~ savoring it.
But I am a "mo hotta ~ mo betta" type gal.

Have a great day MAGNOLIAS and I will type at y’all later.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #26  

Good morning girls. I haven't put my nose out the door this morning, but the house is cool so I imagine it cooled off last night. It is lovely and sunny today.

I ordered two swimsuits and a pair of charcoal dress pants last night. The pants are for this sweater, if I get it done on time. Part of it is my hands and shoulder both have some arthritis in them so they will start aching. I take Osteo Biflex but I am not sure how much good it really does for me. I just hope the swimsuits fit. I really need at least one more. One is a swimdress type and the other is a two piece tankini thing. Fingers crossed.

We are going out after Jack gets home this afternoon and get new underwear and socks for Jack for the cruise. He drives me nuts about this. I guess it is a man thing, but he will wear his plain white tshirts, his undies and his socks until they completely fall apart. I told him we can afford to replace them before they get monstrous holes in them but he says no one can see them. I am forcing to get all new for the cruise. He even lets his work tshirts get that way. I told him it is a reflection on how I take care of him when I can no longer get his white tshirt work shirts clean anymore. He says they are only work shirts. I told him this fall he is getting new navy long sleeved ones and next spring all new white ones. He has button down shirts that come with his pants, but they can buy tshirts long and short, white or navy that have the city logo on the pocket and wear those, which he prefers. I once tried my mother's warning of what if you got run over in nasty undies, but he said "They only will care about my body not my underwear, besides it probably would get torn in the accident anyway." I can't win.

This weekend is commissary and some packing weekend. I am going to start initial packing like all my dresses, my shoes and some of my other stuff. I should have all my new stuff except for the swimsuits and that pair of slacks so will wash it all on Saturday and start pairing it up with already existing clothing. We have to pack a separate bag with several changes of clothing for our hotel stays as we don't want to be dragging all those big bags in to a hotel everyday. I have bermuda shorts to travel in with tanks and tshirts so they should pack fairly easily. I am taking a plastic garbage bag to put all the dirty clothing in each day when we change clothes. Jack told me this morning that it was 10 weeks and we would be leaving for Florida. He is really excited and even getting his new phone and playing with it didn't tamp it down much.

Jean: We have had the same thing with the thunderstorms. It even clouds up here but then just goes away. Did Bob have a large or small graduating class? Since I grew up in Mayberry revisited, my graduating class was 72 kids. I know them all. Some have died, at least 5 that I know of, some still live in Liberty but a lot of them beat feet when they graduated. One of the guys that went to school with my sister has been posting pictures of the town on facebook. Lots of us have reconnected that way talking about things when we were growing up. It was a neat experience to grow up in a very small town, actually. When I think that back then you could get an ice cream cone for a nickel or a coke for a nickel. You used to be able to get a ham salad sandwich, chips and a coke at the drugstore for 25 cents! It was yummy ham salad even though it was made with bologna! I remember collecting Beatles cards and going to the drugstore, the one place they sold them to get another pack to see if I could get new cards. I wonder what happened to those things because I think I had about 200 of them and they would be worth a bundle I would imagine.

Maggie: Your a better woman than I am as I would have given the people that sold you that laptop a huge piece of my mind. I can't believe they would let it leave with viruses in it.

I better get going. I want to get more of that sweater done and I have to do morning chores. Have a great day all. Faye
Old 08-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #27  

Good afternoon, ladies! Every day it clouds up and threatens and storms are in the forecast but still no rain. At least its staying in the middle 80s so we aren't baking.

One more story about cat's gifts - my Bertha brought a snake into the house. I didn't know it until she came into the family room with it dangling out of her mouth. I am terrified of snakes because we have copperheads and cane brake rattlesnakes here. I didn't wait to see what it was just grabbed the broom and cried and yelled while I beat it and swept it out the door. When Stan came home from work I told him it was laying on the patio and he came back laughing - apparently I didn't kill the snake for it was gone.

Tonight is First Thursday Bee and then nothing quilting related for over a week. Yesterday, my 2 friends and I went to Surfrider for lunch. I had my usual - 1/2 pound of peeled shrimp and broccoli. The actually give you 2 whole heads of broccoli. I get a box and take half of everything home and I had it for lunch today.

Faye, love the sweater! Do you have new outfits for everyday of the cruise? I'm very self conscious of how I look in a bathing suit because of excess skin on my arms and legs. I get aquatards that come down several inches on my legs and they just have to put up with my arms. Stan was like Jack with his underclothes. If I didn't buy him new ones, he wore rags.

Jean, if your antivirus detects a Trojan, it would quarantine it and it would show up. Trouble is they are very sneaky and can be set to go off at a later time than when the download so sometimes get past security software. I'm a pretty plain cook because I'm not good at it but I keep variety by changing marinades (bought in a bottle) and spices.

Maggie, it sounds to me like you got a used computer, no matter what they said. It could have been returned to the factory and they reboxed it and shipped it to where you got it without the store knowing it. It'll be so much better when things work correctly. Right now I'm wrestling with trying to install Electric Quilt 7 on this computer. I haven't needed it until now and it's refusing to accept the password. Fortunately EQ support is prompt and efficient and they verified what I put in was correct and gave me somethings to try.

Have a marvelous evening.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #28  
Thin Within

Talking Thoughtful Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is just noon thirty and in the mid 80ºs and a beautiful blue sky scattered with white fluffy clouds. I put a roast in the crock pot with a package of onion soup mix sprinkled over the top which we will have for dinner this day with the usual veggies. I can make some yummy burritos with the leftover meat. I think in a while I will make some sugar free lime Jell-O with a can of fruit in it that I can serve later in the evening with ff cool whip over the top for a yummy low point dessert.

I got my computer back last evening and it is working like it should now. The teckie put all my things back and I don't have to re-download items such as my Incredimail program & Weight commander. I love having a start button once again for it makes it so much easier to navigate and open programs. I can have access to all my aps without opening the ap screen for there is a list in the start button now. I had learned to navigate without these improvements but it is sure nice to have them so handy. I do have the most visited programs such as "word" down in my tray and my most visited web sites in a "list" pop up thingie in the tray.

The internet folks must be working on the system for I am hearing off and on phone conversations that sound like technicians of that sort. It is weird to all of a sudden hear folks talking on my computer. I don't have any programs open besides this word program that I am typing this on. Strange to all of a sudden be hearing folks talking when it is so quiet in here.

SUSANCats do love to give us presents. Thank goodness all Cecil has brought in so far has been crickets and birds ~ oh and one frog. The Surfrider restaurant sounds like a place I would love to visit for shrimp and broccoli are two of my favorites. Yes, I am thinking someone previously had this computer since it did come in a factory sealed container. I like it a lot not that it has been fixed to work properly. Plus I am very pleased with the way the teckie tricked it out for me personally. Hopefully you can get your EQ program installed and ready to use.

DONNA FAYE The store wasn't aware they were selling a defective product and no use yelling at them for the box came sealed. It happened way before they put it on their shelf. I gather up the clothes and get them ready to be carried downstairs for Will to wash them. When he brings them back and I fold them if I find any of his unders that show too much wear I toss them in the trash. When he runs low he purchases more. Works for this household.

I love my new computer! Type at y'all later. Have a great day

Last edited by Maggie; 08-01-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #29  

Good Afternoon! It's another nice day in my corner of the world. Sunny, 82 degrees, and a slight breeze blowing in the open windows. Thunderstorms are possible but I will believe it when I see it. Bob is home today working on digging a ditch big enough to hold a rain pipe the length of the garage. He's rerouting water from the patio to the street in case of a heavy rain like we had this spring. I've just been putzing with laundry and piles of paper that seem to multiply when I'm not looking. My goal is to get the island cleaned off today!

Maggie -- Bob's class was small, only 27 I think. There were 11 there yesterday and a few spouses. After eating, a few of the "locals who meet once a month" left and those remaining broke into men and women groups. I enjoyed the visiting and a couple hours was long enough. Glad you have your computer back!

"Gma" -- The "undies" must be a man thing! I pitch Bob's when I notice they are getting ratty looking. He doesn't do holes, but they don't stay as white as when they were 100% cotton and I could bleach them every once in awhile. After school, I used to stop at a neighborhood ice cream/antique shop run by an old lady everyone called Grandma. She had a huge display of penny candy and it was so fun to decide what to spend my nickel or dime for. My class was around 182 which was large 50 years ago. Even though I don't go to the reunions I am curious as to what some of my classmates are doing. One couple has great-grandchildren now; they had their first child during our senior year.

Susan -- Your snake story just gives me the shivers! You were much braver than I to take a broom after it. Bob has clobbered a few possums, thinking they were dead and they would be gone the next morning. The Electric Quilt 7 sounds interesting. Have fun at the Bee tonight!

I have a box ready for the SOS store so need to get it downstairs and out in the garage for Bob to deliver. Have a nice rest of the day and enjoy!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #30  

Good morning to you all. We have beautiful sun out today and I turned off the ac for awhile, but I need to turn it back on soon.

My dresses and tshirts will come today so I can launder them and get them upstairs and start matching the new and old stuff. I am going to take the three new dresses and two from last year then wear slacks the other two nights. During the day it is capris or shorts. I have a feeling it is going to be hot and humid like last year so want to be as cool as possible.

We went out to dinner last night, but I didn't eat that much. Just as we were pulling into the restaurant, I got a call from my younger sister in California saying they had taken my older sister in an ambulance to the hospital with blue lips and she had pneumonia. I got roped into calling everyone else, one of whom is my brother who I am not speaking to. I sent him a text message, told him if he got it to reply he had and left it at that. He did reply back so I know he got it. The thing is ladies, first off this woman almost died about 8-9 months back from what the doctors called pre emphysema and pneumonia. She was strongly admonished to quit smoking or die. Well she did, but when we were up there in June she reeked of smoke on her clothing and in her car so I know she is smoking again and think it finally got to her again. She posted on FB last weekend she had visited with friends, but was so out of breath and tired she could hardly drive home. She refused to go to the doctor and finally her son and dd said that's it and called her dr who said if she refused to call an ambulance, which is what they did. She is now in ICU. It isn't like she can't afford to go to the doctor, frankly she is just stupid about it and stubborn. I love her, but it makes me very, very angry not only what she is doing to herself, but to all of us who love and worry about her. I was blunt with her in June about her health, but obviously it went in one ear and out the other. Please pray she gets better.

Susan: No, I don't have new outfits for everyday, but as far as what I bought, I have two new capris, two new shorts, 1 pr of seersucker long pants, 1 pair of charcoal dress pants, and 4 new tshirts and tops. I also bought two swimsuits, but don't know if they will fit. I have an expensive tank swimsuit and then bought a swim skirt to wear over it. I decided long ago I could care less what people think about what I look like. I am only wearing the skirt overlay, the swimdress, and the tankini which has a skirt bottom because my surgical scars show through my tank suit and my capris and such too. I wear really long shirts or tops to cover my belly then the swimsuits which cover it We will be gone 9 days total so I needed to fill in on some of my stuff that is getting old and a couple have little holes in the tops. I did buy the three new dresses for evening dinners.

Jean: Jack would have a cow if I just threw stuff out and bought him new. It is one of his "prissy" things about him. I have gone round that block a couple times and he gets mad so I nag him instead when stuff needs to be replaced. Glad you enjoyed the visit with his classmates. How did you meet Bob? You must not have grown up in the same town with the difference in your class size.

Maggie: Hopefully you have your computer ducks all in a row so to speak. I know it is frustrating when it doesn't work right.

Have a wonderful weekend. We have commissary tomorrow so I have to get going on my menu and grocery list. TTFN! Faye