Old 07-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #16  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I'm still around TAM -- nice of you to start the summer thread. I have had so much on my plate with going through chemo and dealing with DH and his Alzheimers. We're back at home now but he has had a lot of problems and we've had to get him new/more meds to address them. He was in the hospital for a week, but we were there so much to help him eat and do personal care, I was exhausted by running back & forth.

My flowers and plants look lovely; I trimmed them up myself. Put the peony plants and flowers in there metal cages. Had to hire a guy to cut the lawn; it was so high (up to about the knees they say). He had to use a weedwacker at first, then a cut with the mower. It took him 5 hours. He just did it again and it took about an hour. Hasn't been easy to find someone though; they are rare these days.

The weather has been cooler and wetter this summer; with one week of really hot/humid days so far. The odd day of heat but not all the time, thank goodness. The is really helping my plants and they are doing great becuz of that and the compost we put in the beds last year.

Just went to the doctors and my blood pressure is too high; so have to try to address that anyway we can. Been under a lot of stress with DH and his condition; hopefully it isn't a physical cause. I gained back some weight from those steroids they gave me to handle the chemo; they worked well, but now I am having to work twice as hard to lose some of it again. My goal is about 30 lbs over the next year.

Hope you've all been having a great summer so far; do have a great month of AUGUST starting tomorrow ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #17  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Hi Rosebud! Nice to see you too! It does sound like you have an awful lot on your plate. I don't know you very well at all but I am thinking about you and sending you some good thoughts.
Your flowers sound fantastic! We have started out on a bare sand dune. All my neighbours are tucked into trees and seem to have these beautiful gardens. *jealous* Not so much us. We don't have deer fence yet so it's really just a potato patch and flowers on the deck so far. And prairie grass.

Today will be day two of C25K. Looking forward to it, but the last time I took my dogs, I took them on a leash and they nearly pulled me into the ditch. They aren't so good on the leash. It was a little bit iffy with me trying to carry my fancy schmancy new smart phone and not drop it and try to navigate some songs to play. I'll get my play list in order before I go. Genius. (For me. Obvious to anyone else.)

Now into the world of reading and writing. I bought a 1.00 bulletin board at the ReCycle store yesterday to organize my paper using recipe cards and I'm super excited to get that going today. (nerd) More coffee!!
Have a great August 1 Canadian Chicks! <3
Tam
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #18  
tamIam

Good Wednesday! Beautiful misty morning in SK. I've got to go to the city today. Boo! I hate running around and doing errands. Too much traffic! And the gas! Too expensive. I'm going to have to be positive about this:
1. I get to visit with a friend!
2. I can buy some art supplies!
3. I will have accomplished some stuff.

Wow. That took a lot of digging to come up with some positives. Still.
Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well. Anyone have any end of summer plans? How are peoples' plans anyways? I think I need more of a plan. Maybe I will buy a little journal today to see just how much I am eating.
Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Tam
Old 08-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #19  
tamIam

Anyone catch the meteor shower? We watched it a day early, and man was it great! We happened to be looking out over the river and caught some fireworks from our deck just beforehand. It was a night of lightshows! Very cool. Starting to wrap my mind around the upcoming schoolyear. I've got a tonne of prepping do to. But I do like the cool mornings and evenings! Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #20  
Rosebud

HI TAM -- No, didn't see that here as we had a lot of clouds today; only intermittent this am and early in the aft but full clouds rolled in by dinnertime and stayed. I went for my walk after dinner and was just glad that it didn't rain on me, but I had a great time.

It's been wet and colder here lately than is the norm for August but maybe we'll get some nice days in September and October instead. I don't have much end of summer plans but I do have to take a trip in October to see my oncologist; it should be lovely down south with the fall colors.

Been doing some yard work early around here and enjoying that too. My flowers and vines look great this year so that's a bonus as well. We have been tossing any junk left here from former inhabitants; and we hope to have the basement totally sorted out and organized by next week as well.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of summer as much as possible. I know I plan to ...
Old 09-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #21  
Rosebud

Are we into fall yet? I don't know when it officially starts -- September 21st maybe? It is cooler here now; esp at night and in the AM, but it warmed up nicely by this afternoon. DH & I sat outside with a neighbour and visited for awhile to enjoy the today. It was too hot to walk so we went on our front porch which is a lot cooler. We have already started cleaning up our gardens for the fall; taking out whatever we can each week. I hope to have most of it done before I go south in early October.