Steel Magnolias #51

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Maggie -- Your gravy story reminded me to share the fish story. The "keeper" fish managed to avoid being caught the first three days we were there; they were either too big, too little, or the wrong kind of fish. I didn't realize that serious fishermen used specific hooks, bobbers, leaders, bottom bouncers, etc., for different kinds of fish. Bob finally caught a nice walleye on Wednesday, a keeper for sure. He put it in the live well then kept giving it fresh water throughout the day. It was the only fish to be kept that day. As Bob was carrying it to the cleaning table, by putting his fingers in through the gills, the fish did a flip and right out of his grip, back into the water! Needless to say, the whole thing was observed by the people in the next cabin, and Bob's fishing partner. Bob was pretty sheepish when he came into the cabin without his fish, saying there was a new rule that all fish leaving the boat would be in a net! It's much funnier being told in person than reading it, I'm sure.

Susan -- I haven't gotten any warnings about this site. I wonder if that is because I'm on my iPad. I did get a warning when I tried to visit my local Hallmark store that it was a fisching (?) site. Congrat on finding another water bottle. My neighbor walks the WM aisles in bad weather. I do too, because I can never find what I'm looking for! The best fish is right out of the water and into the pan!
  • This thread is closed. Please go to Steel Magnolias #52.