Steel Magnolias -- #49

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Simply Sunny Beautiful Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is a beautiful day in the 70º area and just a very slight breeze. Since today is a day without wind Will took advantage of it and did some weed spraying. Can’t do that sort of thing here with the wind blowing for sure. Got to tackle those pretty flowering weed plants that make stickers which are not nice to the dogs, especially Beanie, who does like to frolic in the grass.

Not much happening today except church this day and pot luck after morning services. I made good choices at the pot-luck and had a chicken breast which I took the skin off, a spoonful of the salad I took, some mixed fruit without any thing on it and one meat ball and absolutely no dessert. There are always some delicious pies and cakes and such at those gatherings. AH but I was not going to indulge.

I had a roast cooking in the crock pot with a package of onion soup sprinkled over the top of it while we were gone. Just the roast to use the meat in burritos one day after it is cooled shredded and bagged for the freezer. I’ll let it cool some before shredding it. We have plans to go out to the Golden Corral for dinner after evening services. I will have a good salad out there for sure.

For not being much of a “snacker” I sure have a lot of snack foods. Quite a few breakfast bar type things from WW and others. Will bought me some really good looking ones by Kellogg® Fiber Plus with antioxidants and 35% of daily fiber called ‘Caramel Coconut Fudge’ for 3P+ each and a box of 5 Protein bars from Fiber One® that are ‘Caramel Nut’ chewy bars with a chocolate flavored coating which are 4P+ each and come 5 to a box with 20% of daily fiber. I have quite a few other bar type items from WW that are “good for you” snack bars. I probably should stick them all in the freezer since I don’t often eat them and that would certainly keep them fresher then in a box in my office. Yep, I do believe that will happen this afternoon and all I will have left out will be the belVita® crackers.

JEAN I brought home only a small scraping of that corn salad today. I did also get asked for the recipe so it was a big hit. Thank you once again for it. I had only sprinkled a smattering of the crushed chips on the top and served the others in a bowl beside the salad. One man asked for the recipe that is an excellent cook himself and said both he and his wife liked it a lot.

DONNA FAYE Sounds like you got a great haircut that you totally like. That is great. I can most generally find something good to eat at our pot-lucks. I can always count on great meatballs brought by an elderly lady who knows how to make them delicious and then another couple always brings enough food to feed an army and they are both good cooks. Someone always brings a bowl of fresh fruit cut up without any dressing on it. And who ever brings the green salad also brings a few bottles of dressing that folks can make a choice from. I don't use dressng at those type functions so am pleased it doesn't have any on it. Anyway, we don't have any lousy cooks in this current group. But we have certainly been to places where the pot-luck offerings were suspect.

Hope all are having a lovely day.
  • MEET US AT #50