Worldly Chicks - MAYbe we'll be good and MAYbe we won't

You're on Page 5 of 19
Go to
  • Good Almost Afternoon/Night....

Took a vacay day yesterday, had to cut the grass and Cs rental. He went first with one mower on high, I followed with the second mower on low, it was a mad mess. Renters (his boss) stopped by to sign the rental agreement and pay the first month's rent. We are officially done with all of the work at the house. Back to getting my Sundays back. With the exception of getting the firewood out of the shed there, all is done.

The chicken and shrimp shish kabobs on the grill were marvelous last night. That is all I fixed so we had a straight protein dinner. Boy was it delish.

LAURA...It is sunny here right now but like you are to have storms coming in later this afternoon/evening. bleh. Mother's day is only 56, now that stinks. I am so ready for this rain to stop, I have had enough. Can't even get my garden out. Coal's picture is just adoreable. He is so sweet.

CEEG...Happy vacation time, enjoy!!! Safe travels.

MELLIE...you can run but you can't hide. Somehow the seniors find you. You didn't miss lil man's surgery for tubes. I just forgot to post it. You would of not known he had anything done. He got up from his nap and went full force.

HAPPY....are you sure the bear didn't eat your phone lines also. I know I wouldn't want to come face to face with him if he is taking the entire bird feeder with him. You are going to have to get a job just to cover the food for all the critters.

Hello to SHADDIE and CHELLE!!

Hugs,
  • Well there is HAPPY typing over my head...hello sister...isn't it too cold to be planting just yet?
  • I'm not paying her. I thnk she came outside this morning to get her pay but I didn't offer to pay either. I reminded her that I was getting b to mow. Also had to tell the girls no for a ride uptown.
    By buy
    I'm spending the night in west plains, mo. At the regency hotel. Will be in branson tomorrow.

• THANK THE LORD IT IS FRIDAY.
    GUESS SHAD ALREADY HAD HERS. SWEET DREAMS SHADDIE.
    NOTHING NEW HERE EXCEPT PANICKY TENANTS.
    I TOLD THEM THEY MUST STOP WATCHING THE NEWS.
    I WILL TELL THEM IF SOMETHING REALLY AWFUL HAPPENS!
    THEY WATCH WAY TOO MUCH CABLE NEWS.
    WE ALL KNOW NOTHING "HAPPY" IS EVER ON THOSE CHANNELS.

GOING DOWNSTAIRS NOW TO GET THE WEEKEND SORTED OUT.
    THEN LEAVING BEFORE THE OFFICE OPENS.
    HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE

CEEJAY....JUST FORGET ABOUT LAWNS FOR NOW AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.
    HAVE A SAFE TRIP AND ENJOY THE SCENERY.
    YOUR NEIGHBOR IS A PITA!!! IGNORE HER.
    SO GLAD YOU ARE GETTING AWAY FOR AWHILE. SMILE!

LAURA...TIGHTER ASSETS...JUST THE WORDS MAKE ME LAUGH.
    I MUST HAVE A SICK SENSE OF HUMOR. ROFLMAO
    I KNOW THAT MUST BE AN INTENSE WORKOUT BUT THE TITLE CRACKS ME UP

HAPPY....HOPE THE PREGNANT DOES DO OK.
    I ALWAYS USED TO WORRY ABOUT ANIMALS.
    YES THE ANTICS OF THE PEOPLE HERE ARE FUNNY.....SOMETIMES.
    BUT WHEN I CLOSE MY DOOR, I PRETEND I AM ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE
    IF I HAD MONEY AND NO CHAIR...I WOULD BE LIVING LIKE YOU & DH.
    I HATE CITY LIFE AND ALWAYS HAVE.
    HOPE YOU GET THE PLANTS!!!

ANNIE....HAPPY TO HEAR ABOUT LITTLE MAN AND ALSO THE RENTERS.
    LET US PRAY THAT BOTH DO WELL IN THE FUTURE!!!
    HOPE YOU FIND BETTER THINGS TO DO ON SUNDAYS NOW!!
  • Had a good nights sleep even though my friend has to have the air to cold for me i did well.
    Headng to bransn today
    Keep us in your thoughts
  • CEEG....have fun in Branson! Safe travels.

MELLIE...I am with you. THank God it is Friday! I am way over this week. Hope your weekend is peaceful!

Dad was diagnosed with COPD. Advance stages. Plus side is he is not a smoker. Bad that he used to be a heavy smoker-quit in 1976. There is no cure for it but meds to make it easier to breathe. Staying as active as possible also will help. Just trying to get him stronger to be able to move more. He will be in rehab for a while.

Sunday, mother's day, since my kids have NOTHING planned for me, C and I are going to Bunker Hill, IN to visit with his momma and dah. His dad always buys Taco Bell and Dairy Queen for Cs mom, sister, niece and now ME!! hahahahaha. That is the big outing. Too funny.

Happy Mothers Day Ladies...whether human or furry!!

Hugs.
  • Morning everyone,

Went out in the cold rain yesterday but I got my garden plants. Came home and set them outside to get a drink of water and of course it stopped raining! I put them in the garage overnight as it's still dipping below freezing at night. Will get DH to put up the green house today so we can keep them in there and hope the bear does not decide to check out the place. I think he's more of a fruit and nut/seed/corn eater than a plant guy. The deer for sure would chew the plants to the nub if I left them out but they will leave the greenhouse alone.

I got cucumbers, several varieties of tomatoes as well as the minis - cherry/grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas, some nice lettuces, garlic chives - my other chives from last year are already sprouting nicely in the garden bed. I am ditching the bell and hot peppers this year because I have never been able to successfully grow the bells to a decent size and as for the hot peppers - the hotter the weather, the hotter the pepper and it just doesn't get hot enough here for that. My jalapenos last year tasted like green bell peppers - no snap. In there place I am trying some new stuff - blue lake green beans, 1 yellow squash plant that I hope will not take over the bed, 1 set of baby carrots. I guess I will have to do the radishes by seed, no plants for them at the store. I also got some herbs - dill, parsley, cilantro/coriander, lemon balm and mint. Those will go in pots on the deck. I'm going to be better about drying my herbs this year, I wasted a lot last year. I skipped the oregano, thyme, sage, tarragon - just don't do enough to make it worthwhile. I do hope to score some watermelon sage again - it blooms a lovely pink trumpet like flower that the hummingbirds love. I also got 2 long planter pots that set over the deck railings for my flowers. Had to get creative this year with flowers, DH wanted to nix them all but I said no. He doesn't want the pots sitting on the deck because water accumulates and rots the deck wood. That's understandable so I will reduce my flower pots but still have enough to draw the hummingbirds and butterflies I enjoy so much. Was hard not to go crazy in the nursery but I had laid out a garden plan and knew I only had so much space. Will still have to wait about 2 more weeks until I plant the garden outside - the days are warming up but the nights still will be a bit cool for a while. I will probably go out in a bit and help DH with the greenhouse and start to work on cleaning and loosening the beds.

Mel - funny you should say that about the news. I tell my Mom the same thing - she reads the paper every day and admits it's full of just about nothing but advertisements and bad news. Then she turns on the TV. I'm glad I can "filter" my news through the internet. Seems to me even our police blotter page in the local paper is getting bigger each week with people up to mischief. I did not realize that you'd make the jump to a Green Acres life if you could. I always took you for a city slicker Country life IS better. I watch The Apprentice on tv set in New York City and all I can think of it ALL THAT CONCRETE! I think I take for granted - well really I don't take for granted at all - the fresh air and greenery. About the only thing I really miss is a wider food selection at the grocery store!

Ceejay - sending you good vibes for your roadtrip. Have fun and let us know what you did. Hopefully you get to see some fun shows in Branson.

Annie - glad you are done with C's house and can get some precious time back to yourself again. We are about a month behind in everything due to the late snows - lakes are still frozen in spots so fishing is down, hummingbirds are late arriving, and it's still too early to plant although I think it might be ok for cold stuff like beans and radishes. I will have to check - probably the same for you - maybe not so much cold as much as soggy boggy weather. So how did you do the kabobs? I can never get them to come out right. Either the veggies are underdone or the meat is over cooked. I bet they smelled fantastic on the grill. DH made pork chops the other night and I was mesmerized by the smell. Did you a marinade or baste sauce?

Laura - did you get a lot of rain yesterday?

Hello to Shad and Michelle who seem to have run off and hidden together.

I should get my keester outside before DH starts another project and gets busy. Have a good weekend ladies.
  • Annie - sorry to hear about your Dad. That is REALLY SCARY that he quit smoking almost 40 years ago and gets COPD now. Here I was feeling confident that I had passed the hump at almost 10 years quit.

That's cute about the Taco Bell and Dairy Queen Mother's Day Treat. Sounds like something that started out cheesy but turned into a fun tradition. Maybe your kids are planning a big surprise for you

Happy Mother's Day weekend to all of us "mothers"
  • Morning all. TGIF!!!

Ceejay - Enjoy your time away.

Annie - Sorry to hear about your dad's COPD, but I hope the meds help him breathe easier. Taco Bell and DQ - LOL. And for some reason that sounds good to me even though I never eat from either except a dq soft serve cone every once in a while. Way back, I ate the tacos a couple times and they gave me heartburn, so no more of that but I recall liking those chicken border bowls. Don't think they have those anymore... Anyway, yay for getting your Sundays back, and I hope the tenant-landlord (and boss-employee) relationship works out well. Now we just have to have some good planting weather!!! The kabobs sound yummy!!!

Mel - Sorry you've got a bunch of anxious seniors on your hands. I agree, they're watching too much of the news channels! My mother's been retired a while now, but it seems the last 10 years or so she's really taken to watching a lot of the Sunday morning news shows. I barely catch the local tv news once every couple weeks, so she's out of luck having a convo w/ me about that stuff - a lot is political, of course. Bleh. Hopefully my sis can, LOL. Yeh, Tighter Assets is a funny name. Every time the new park district catalog comes out I wonder if they's changed the names of any of the classes...

Happy - Much as I like nature, that radio collar volunteer gig doesn't appeal to me either! Hope your critters are getting along alright in this weather (is the snow gone yet??). With you and dh, I'm sure they'll be fine. When it rains, bf will pick me up if he's around. Yesterday it was not quite sprinkling, so I rode home. As for dog walks, bf is more likely to skip them when it's raining. I'll try to get out, but the last time we went out in real rain, both doggy and I got thoroughly wet and I questioned my sanity. I don't have a real rain slicker or rubber boots, just a lightweight windbreaker that repels rain or other jackets that have hoods but have varying degrees of water resistence. Too awkward bringing an umbrella - dog, leash, picking up - just doesn't work. Wow, you really loaded up on the veg and herb plants!! I'm interested in how the green beans and squash will turn out. I'm on the fence re the peppers - they do alright for us, but we don't use much of our yield. It's a waste, really. Boo on dh for wanting to nix the flowers!! Plenty of solutions to save the deck. The deck rail planters will be very pretty.
    ===
    Went to a circuit class last night. Bf had a friend over to watch the dvd "Jack Reacher". He made popcorn, and did a batch for me which was my dinner. I'd liked to have seen that movie, but they got a late start, and if they'd started watching earlier, I was in my class and then showering afterwards - the timing just didn't work.

Bf's mom is coming over Sunday for a dinner we'll make her. Otherwise no plans except cleaning and errands. I really need a protective case for my new phone - I'm being very careful and hoping I don't drop it!! Have to get online to see what's available.

If I don't get back here all weekend, everyone have a great weekend.
  • Morning all,
    Sorry to have been away so long but have had a few things happening here.
    My friend Chris wanted some help with learning excel (.xls) and I have been giving her a few lessons. She's very basic on it. Next we start on formulas and stuff and then maybe charts or pivot tables, but she is not a fast learner. When it gets in the head it stays there but getting it in is not an easy matter. She had a job interview on Friday which will need excel. I told her a few things to say which do not include embellishing the truth and she seems to have gotten through it reasonably well. Whether it is well enough to go for a second round interview I don't know. She has sent off further resumes to other places. Looks like the local job market is picking up a bit round here.
    Then I had a text from a friend I worked with in Indonesia and who is a bit like another son to me. His eldest son was killed in a freak motor cycle accident last weekend. G is a big mess - as you would be if it was one of yours. The funeral is on Monday about 3 hours out of Melbourne. I would have gone but that's the date I have the teeth extracted so can't make it. I have been talking to him via text messages, phone calls and facebook trying to help him through the darkest days of his life. He adored those kids.
    Add to that, I have been to the bone scan, ears, eyes, picked up the new contacts - did you know they now have bi-focal contact lenses?!!!! I thought I was doing good with the monocular ones - one for long distance and one for reading and close work. Anyway I may have to look into the bi-focals next time round since we can't change the monocular ones much more and still have good long distance. Then there was the pap smear test which I told you about and the skin one - where a skin tag growth got frozen off, not because it was cancerous but because it was in a place right below my bra band and everytime I went to put a bra on, it made the tag bleed, which made it grow some more and bleed more. So it is now a hard scab and will fall off one day soon. Yeehaa
    The biggie is Monday when I get the teeth removed and the implant screw piece put in. That will be painful I suspect but when given the choice, I'd rather have all the pain over and done with in one day and let healing begin than have the pain from the extraction heal and then the pain from the insertion again. That's me - a glutton for punishment. And of course on Friday, I have the biopsy. That is the end thank the lord and praise the heavens.
    The kitchen sparkles - I have scrubbed, cleaned, organised, reorganised and thrown out stuff like it never existed. Lightening the load for others to clean out after I shuffle off this mortal coil - not that I am planning to go anytime soon you understand and I still have room to put clutter into later if I wish.
    Add to all the above woes and work, I also have my niece who is wanting to get into her own place carrying on on my shoulder as well. If she would just get rid of the parasitic b/f I would try to help her out, however since he doesn't seem to want to work any harder or try to get a permanent job or sell his boat to house his partner and daughters I am not going to make things any easier for him. Surprisingly enough, I spoke to the DB2 yesterday and he has similar feelings. He and his ex have saved up enough money to buy the niece out of her share of their house but they won't give it to her until he stumps up with an equivalent amount of dosh.
    Enough of the family problems. I am going over to NZ at the end of June to my sisters 60th. I will also take enough time to be there for Chris (ex-Japan) 65th birthday on the 21st, and the time in between will be for looking up the family tree and picking up my great, great grandfathers naturalisation certificate copy. Then I can get on with a bit more of the family archives and probably write them onto the canvas frame I bought for the purpose.

Mel - troubles with the seniors again????? Too much news for them. Maybe the building will have to limit the channels they are able to see! To much bad stuff and they might rebel and mutineer or do something completely stupid.

Happy - nice to know that I am not the only one planting for the season. I've put in some French Beans, potatoes, the tomatoes were already there and some lettuce. next comes the corn, some rocket (arugula). I'm not sure about the peppers this time. I have birds eye chili growing wild but the capsicum didn't do too well last time and the bugs got more than I did so maybe something else. Sounds like the wildlife know where there are easy pickings.

Laura - Our exercise queen. Although I have been doing some power walking (like every morning before the sun gets up) since I have been home, there hasn't been a lot of other type of exercise. It's all too much effort trying to fit classes in right now. Too much else going on. I'm sort of hoping to get back into it shortly.

Ceejay - happy travels. Enjoy the break. Watch out for the brown road signs and once in a while just follow one. That's what I do when I am travelling and I have seen some marvellous sights that I would never have done when travelling the freeways and highways.

Annie - poor little man. So sad to hear of his operation but as long as it helps to get over those ear infections, it has to be a good thing. Nice to know that you won't have to do any further maintenance on C's house. Might give you an extra few precious moments in the weekends. My house is so small that you would go through it like a dose of salts in a matter of minutes - so when you come over I'll have to think of other things for you to do - maybe following those brown signs like I just told Ceejay

Michelle - back on home soil at last. Hope the job is living up to expectations. Santa will be loving his doggy day care.

Okay, well today is dining room day. I only have a couple of cupboards to do. Then take out that danged heavy mat which I hate and clean the floor and then figure out what to do with all these magazines I seem to have collected. Maybe take some of them to the doctor next Friday since the surgery had some pretty awful selections to read last time I was there. Some will get chucked and I'll see if any friends want the others. I only buy two magazines a month, Super Food Ideas and Better Homes and Gardens. Got sick of the crap printed by the 'womens' magazines. I don't actually care who in Hollywood is having it off with whom or whether the Royal Family has had another argument, or whether Michelle Obama looks better with or with the bangs. Not interested.

So I had better get going and get on with the day. Tomorrow is Mother's Day or Mothering Sunday if you are British and the kids (DS2 and G/F) are coming over to give me a couple of hours to do some heavy work in the garden - hedges, weeding etc. We will have breakfast together - probably a bbq - so I had better go get some vittles' in and feed the pair of them.
  • Shad - did your rocket come back on it's own or did you have to replant?
  • I let a couple of plants go to seed. They have come back bigger and brighter than ever.

• MORNING CHICKS.

QUIET NIGHT. QUIET MORNING.
    CANNOT ASK FOR MORE AFTER A RASH OF ALARMS.
    DARK AND RAINY OUTSIDE. WINDS AND ROLLING THUNDER.
    GOOD DAY FOR EVERYONE TO JUST SLEEP.
    RICHIE IS NOT FEELING WELL. STOMACH & A SLIGHT FEVER.
    I THINK WE WILL CELEBRATE MOTHER'S DAY NEXT WEEKEND.
    I DON'T CARE WHEN WE DO IT
    I JUST WANT PEACE THIS WEEKEND
    NOTHING ELSE IS NEW HERE.
    HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

SHAD....YOU REALLY HAVE BEEN THRU THE GINDER WITH DRS .
    HOPE THE SCAB HEALS AND THE DENTIST APPT GOES WELL.
    I DO NOT ENVY YOU AT ALL!!!!
    FOR THE DINING ROOM...WHY NOT PAINT ONE WALL RED???
    MAYBE WE COULD GET WHAT'S HIS NAME FROM HOME & GARDEN TV TO HELP!
    CAN YOU BELIEVE I FORGOT HIS NAME????
    GOOD LUCK TO CHRIS AND HOPE SHE FINDS SOMETHING.
    I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT G'S SON.
    I CANNOT IMAGINE ANYTHING WORSE.
    MY HEART GOES OUT TO HIM AND HIS FAMILY
    ENJOY YOUR MOTHERING SUNDAY WITH THE KIDS.

LAURA.... I ALREADY BOUNCED MY PHONE OFF THE FLOOR ONCE.
    THEN JEN DID IT THE NEXT DAY
    THE LIVE WALLPAPER WAS ONE OF THE CHOICES THIS PHONE ALREADY HAD.
    WHEN I SHOW PEOPLE THEY CRACK UP. I STILL DO TOO.
    HAVE A NJICE DINNER WITH THE DMIL. ENJOY MOTHER'S DAY.
    I THOUGHT I SMELLED POPCORN LAST NIGHT!!!

HAPPY....I HOPE WE GET PICS WHEN YOU PUT UP THE GREENHOUSE.
    THE WATERMELON SAGE SOUNDS BEAUTIFUL.
    THE PLANTS WILL NEED A HEATER IF SPRING DOESN'T WARM UP MORE!
    HOPE MR. BEAR LEAVES THE HOUSE ALONE TOO.
    LOVED THE CARD. GOT IT YESTERDAY. I LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!!
    WISH I HAD SOME MORPHINE RIGHT NOW!!! ROFLMAOFF!!!!

ANNIE.....I'M VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT DAD.
    HOPE HE STAYS STRONG AND KEEPS MOVING.
    I GOT THE SAME ADVICE LAST YEAR.
    SENDING BOTH OF YOU GOOD THOUGHTS
    I LAUGHED AT THE MOTHER'S DAY TRADITION!!!
    CAN I GO WITH YOU??? I LOVE TACO BELL & DQ!!!

CEEJAY.... SAFE TRAVELS TO THE SIS'S HOUSE!!
    I LOVE IT COLD AND USE A COMFORTER!!
    KEEPS THE SINUSES HAPPIER.
    ENJOY YOUR VISIT
  • Morning Ladies!!

This is going to be a busy day....gotta post quick and get my arse in gear.

Bank
    Menards hardware
    Dust
    Vacuum
    Mop
    Laundry
    Scour baths
    Cut grass
    Til garden?
    give Sass a bath
    blah blah blah

SHADDIE...hugs for all your sorrows, whoas and life. You sound so busy in your bit of time home.

MELLIE...glad the alarms were silent.

LAURA...take tomorrow off to be momma to Coal on momma's day.

HAPPY...you have a LOT of critters to be momma to, just be careful with the bear.

CEEG..hope your vacay is going well.

CHELLE...breath it is all good and you are strong and will be fine...love on Santa!

HAPPY MOMMA'S DAY TO ALL!!!! Hugs
  • Went to the BaldKnobbers show last night. Really needed that laugh. It was an excellent show
    More later