3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community
You're on Page 13 of 19
Go to

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldly Chicks - MAYbe we'll be good and MAYbe we won't (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/280781-worldly-chicks-maybe-well-good-maybe-we-wont.html)

Laura705 05-21-2013 06:11 PM

My ww weigh-in went well - lost 3.8 pounds (after that 2.2 gain last week). I'm now at a 15 pound loss on WW, and 30 pounds since the end of last August. :carrot:

diyana 05-21-2013 06:25 PM

Ceejay - I'm glad the guys mowed the lawn last night. I hope you don't get any severe weather near you. Stay safe.

Laura - Congrats on the outstanding weight loss!! :woohoo: :bravo:

annie175 05-21-2013 08:28 PM

Congrats LAURA on the WL....what a great accomplishment.

If Miss Sass a Cakes does not stay out of my garden she will soon be a gonner. I have had to replant my cucumber and summer squash. It is not making me happy and she got a major spanking. I have to get some kind of guard around the garden evidently, before she meets her maker. LIL stinker.

Shad 05-22-2013 02:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Afternoon all,
I don't have a spare key with any of the neighbours. Just don't need the hassle of that, besides which most of them are at work at the time I needed the key. DS2 has a set but he starts work at six am. And he would lose time and possibly money trying to get home for his stupid mother. Anyway, the neighbour and I had a good laugh at each other, he is home from work with a busted leg - fell out of a tree the other week.
And I went to get the results of my biopsy this morning. It's not the good news of dermatitis that I was hoping for. It's a condition called Lichen Sclerosis (I think that is how it is spelt. I haven't read all the blurb about it yet, but it's cause is unknown. It usually affects the genitals and more in women than men. It can become cancerous in 1-5% of the people who get it and there is no known cure. I am to start a course of steroid cream over the next week or so. Hopefully this will halt the creeping movement of the bloody thing at least for a time. Ah well, this has been sent to try me. I hope it will pass but one day at a time eh?

Mel - I have problems with the page from time to time as well. Usually when I am in the middle of a post and it just won't move or I actually type faster than the words appear on a page. I think it is IE since I don't have ads that change while I am on the page.
Glad to hear that Richie is home safe and sound. I hope your tummy troubles settle soon.

Laura - One of the things that really bugged me with my gyms was that the classes I wanted to take were always at the wrong time. I mean who manages to get off work at 5.00pm and be in the local gym at 5.30pm. It takes 45 minutes to get home by train. It's a good idea to have a key around somewhere. I did have a little safe type thing for keys. It opened by a number code. Only trouble is, I put it away somewhere safe and it can no longer be found. Maybe I'll find it when I clean out the shed.
Congratulations on the weightloss. You go girl. You are rocking it.

Michelle - one of the drawbacks of contracting is that you don't get paid for public holidays or when you aren't at work for one reason or other. The beach walks sound nice and I bet Santa will love them.

Ceejay - glad to hear that the kid came and mowed the grass for you. Always looks better after a good mow. Glad to hear that you got the key back from your pesky neighbour.

Annie - Poor old Sassie. Hope she gets the message about the garden. Maybe you need to get her a sandpit shell so she can dig for her own toys and things. They love a well fertilised soil. My big German Shepherd used to love to roll in the freshly dug earth. And one time I had just finished digging in some composted horse poo and cow pats. You ought to have smelt him when he got in. Straight into the shower with the hose on full and the sweet smelling doggy shampoo for him.

Happy must be busy with shooting the bears and fixing the feeders.

Damn cold over here today. I had to turn the heat on for half an hour or so just to warm up the room. Miss Puss is yelling for food and I need to move just to keep from freezing up. It's now raining as well. Altogether an unpleasant day. Gotta finish up that document tonight as well. Can see me hunched over the computer and under the heater/ air con tonight.

Let me find another NZ picture. Try to find something that looks warm. I think this beach is just outside of Auckland and it is sunrise. Have fun on the beach.

MELODY525 05-22-2013 08:18 AM

http://th247.photobucket.com/albums/...5/th_bandb.gif GOOD MORNING IGOR & THE CHICKLETTEShttp://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/musique/choral.gif

MORE RAIN FOR A CHANGE AND I CAN SLEEP IF I WANT:dance:
NOT MUCH NEW HERE.
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY DAY WAS SINGNING A PAPER AS A TRUSTEE ON THE BOARD.
THAT WAS ALL!! VERY QUIET. NO DOOR KNOCKING.
THIS RAINY WEATHER IS COMING IN HANDY.
STILL RESTING MY STOMACH WITH SOFT FOODS.
SEEMS TO BE WORKING. BETTER TODAY.

LAURA....FUNNY YOU SHOULD SAY THAT ABOUT POSTING WITH SOMEONE.
BECAUSE WHEN I POST HERE WITH SOMEONE....I DO GET THE BOOT. :lol3:
HOPE THE KNEE FEELS BETTER. :hug:
IF THESE exercise CLASSES DON'T KILL YOU I GUESS THEY CURE YOU!
HOW WAS THE MOVIE....THE TITLE SOUNDED FAMILIAR.
BUT I WATCH MORE MOVIES THAN REGULAR TV.
LESS COMMERCIALS! SO I MISS A LOT OF PREVIEWS.

CEEJAY....MAYBE MY INSIDES FELT SORRY FOR YOURS.
DIDN'T WANT THEM TO BE LONELY :rofl:
NOT SURE WHAT I HAD BUT IT'S ALMOST OVER.
STAY SAFE DOWN THERE IN YOUR AREA. :hug:
LOTS OF UGLY WEATHER ALL OVER YOUR PIECE OF THE MAP.

MICHELLE...GOOD LUCK WITH THE BIG PROGRAM!!
HOPE ALL THE MEETINGS WENT OK AND THE WEEK GOES SMOOTHLY.

ceejay52 05-22-2013 08:55 AM

Morning
We had a major storm last night, but nothing like Oklahoma. No wind damage but heavy rain that caused some street flooding. It got as black as night around four o'clock. It was spooky. Part of our county was under a tornado warning but not our area. The rest of the week sunshine!!!!!!!
This morning I have a huge headache. Praying it's not a migraine, but going to take some otc Bayer Migraine just in case.

---------------
Annie
You may have to get miss sassy a sand pile to dig around in.

Laura
Congrats, As Annie would say you rock. That determination is paying off big time. Makes me want to do better.

Mel
I'm putting another do not disturb sign on the door in the morning so I can rest and relax. That does my spirit a lot of good.

Michelle
Wow, good luck the new project.

Shad
Don't think I've ever heard that kind of a diagnosis before. Hope you have success in treating it.

diyana 05-22-2013 10:59 AM

Happy Hump Day ladies -

Had a nice dinner with a long-time friend last night. I can't call her an "old" friend because she's younger than me! :rofl: Then I picked Santa up and he and I watched "The Voice". My step-mom was at a get together with a bunch of friends.

I'm hoping I can do the beach walks with Santa this weekend. I tried walking to a restaurant with my friend last night. It was about a mile (or maybe less) from her house. My back started giving me fits halfway there and halfway back. :( And the beach walks are roughly 2 miles in length. I suppose I could turn back early, or rest, and let the other doggies and their owners go ahead without us.

Annie - Back when I lived in my house and had a veggie garden, I had to put fencing up to keep the pooches out.

Shad - Sorry to hear about the biopsy results. I hope the steroid cream can halt the spread or even better clear it up entirely. You said there is no known cure, but is it something that can clear up/go away but still lies dormant? I have the opposite problem with gym classes right now...they are all too late, and I have to pick up Santa. And since I don't want to burden my step-mom with him all the time, and it's getting too hot to leave him in the car for a 1/2 hour or an hour, I'm trying to find another solution. When I have my own place, I won't mind leaving Santa alone from time to time.

Mel - I'm glad you had a quiet day yesterday and that you're feeling a little better. I hope the inclement weather keeps the seniors and other tenants quiet.

Ceejay - I'm glad the storm wasn't as bad as those in Oklahoma. Maybe your headaches are caused by a change in weather. Mine used to be caused by dramatic changes in barometric pressure, which happens so frequently in the midwest. Sunny to rainy back to sunny.

:wave: to Laura and Happy.

I'll check in later.

Much love and many hugs,

Laura705 05-22-2013 11:03 AM

Morning all. I changed my user options for viewing the thread and got myself all confused because I chose to display newest posts first instead of last and also chose to see 40 posts per page. I've now changed them back...

Michelle - My knees are better today. For some reason when I have pain I feel right on the top of my kneecap, I know it's something that'll fade very quickly. It's my dang hamstrings that are a chronic problem. Sigh. I hadn't planned on taking any additional days over Memorial Day weekend, but I might take the following week's Friday or Monday off work. I've had some crunching to do at work this week, but next week should be better. LOL re the neighbor recognizing Shad's heinie from her gardening activities!! :lol3:

Ceejay - Glad the lawn finally got mowed. BF put it off a wee bit too long and now we've got rain and I'm sure it'll grow by leaps and bounds and he'll have to bag the cuttings instead of mulching them into the lawn - more work for him. I was just thinking yesterday that most people have a neighbor they would feel reasonably comfortable leaving a key with, but when I thought about your neighbors...nope!! :D Glad the storm wasn't very damaging. We had more t-storms last night and it's still a bit rainy this morning. Not sure when it's supposed to clear out.

Annie - I've been putting a little fence around my veg garden for several years now to keep the rabbits out and to keep Coal from stampeding through it. A wise thing for you to do. I just have a roll of plastic mesh-type stuff that plastic stakes fit through the openings and support it. No biggie.

Shad - Sorry the biopsy didn't come out as well as hoped. :hug: But definitely good to know what's going on now and be able to take action. Yeh, for my punchcard, there are a number of classes that start between 5 and 6 pm and I don't usually walk in the door until around 6:10. During the workweek, there's a grand total of 6 classes that really fit my schedule - and three of those fall on Thursday! Oh well, I could and generally do make it work... All the NZ photos...I see a trip there in your future. :)

Mel - Hope your gut feels better soon! Glad it's nice and quiet in the building. Yes, the knees are both feeling much better today, thanks. We dvr most tv shows at home, so we don't watch a lot of commercials and the only time I really see movie ads/trailers is at the theater itself.

Happy - Where are you these days - out in the garden? :flow1:
===

Thanks to all of you for your congrats re my weight loss. I appreciate the support! :yes:

The movie "Mud" I saw last night was very enjoyable. I was right, it was a coming of age movie in the same vein as "Stand by Me". Good story, great cast, especially Tye Sheridan, who plays a 14-year old who lives in a houseboat on a river in Arkansas. He did a really great acting job and I think he's gonna be someone to watch. He's also a real cutie and he'll probably be quite a looker when he grows up. ;)

It's still raining today after t-storms we had last night. Good thing, I have a little piece of sod I dug out of the garden border and re-planted in the bare spot we have from removing our maple tree out back. All this rain will be good for it and I haven't had to water it yesterday or today. Hopefully the rain will end and by the time the weekend comes along it won't be too wet to do some more weeding and (finally) planting.

It was only a light sprinkle this morning so I still took my bike to the train. Hope it clears up for my ride home.

Planning to take the 4G class tonight.

That's about it. The admin called in sick today, so it'll be really quiet today. TTFN!

happy2bme 05-22-2013 11:25 AM

Good morning all,

Sorry I've been missing. I come on to check in the morning and then DH calls me or I get carried away (not by DH :rofl: or even Calgon ;) ) I seem to have a serious case of flitter-it is lately. Get distracted so easily. Yesterday I went into town to get some much needed groceries. Stopped at a local store to return a pair of earrings I bought as an impulse and then decided I really didn't like them. Then I decided to pop in across the street at the Humane Society Thrift store. Picked up 2 large clay pots which will be great for growing my carrots (which probably won't turn out to be that good anyway). I had a nice chat with the volunteer there - talked to her about what they are looking for donations and the all important helping out at the shop donation. She said she could see I had something special and she hoped I'd volunteer because I had "what they needed". I smiled and said you're not just flattering me because you need volunteers are you ;) she shook her head no in surprise and then we both laughed a lot. The nice thing about the shop / Humane society is that they don't want to take advantage of the volunteers so the most they want you to work is a couple of hours once or twice a week. They know people live here to do other stuff and they don't want to lose precious volunteers because they expect too much of them. And that's a good thing. I figure working in the shop might be a bit easier on my allergies than working with the kitties on a regular basis. After that I went to the grocery store and they set up their tent nursery in the parking lot about 2 weeks earlier than usual. I went in there and boy did they have the good stuff - flowers and vegetable - as if I don't already have enough stuff! But I had carefully planned out what I had already so I knew I had room for a little more. Besides while I was out, DH was actually expanding my garden beds. ;) :lol: It was AS IF by design he was helping me get a little more in :rofl: I bought a few more herbs - smaller plants of the coriander and parsley since that bolts quickly and you need to have a couple of plants to work through the season. I also got 3 more sugar snap pea plants which had 2 foot leads on them - a very good start as those will be quick sprouters. We are going to be up to our eyeballs in snap peas and tomatoes. Good thing I like them. But mostly I bought flowers as I was taking stock of planters and hardly had anything to fill the planters. I found a rash of butterfly and hummingbird attracting flowers and I'm so excited because I will have a beautiful potted garden with all kinds of lovely colors. The next few days are supposed to touch down near freezing at night - I may move my stock into the man cave and turn the heater on just to be safe but after that we will stabilize enough to plant safely I think. Need to get some more dirt for the flowers and to fill in the extended beds too.

Thank you for the suggestions on watering the plants when we are away. I like the water globe idea Michelle but I do have a lot of pots. Maybe I can figure out something similar to that. Also the pan of water will work for some plants but not all have enough drain holes to accommodate it. However you've given me so great ideas I can work with and keep in mind as I go about planting.

happy2bme 05-22-2013 11:50 AM

Going to split my post since I've babbled so much...

Shad - I am very sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I do hope that they can find a treatment to at least slow or stall the progress. Not the kind of news you want to hear. :hug: Find out as much as you can about it and then decide how you want to approach it because one isn't always given options and at least you can decide for yourself. I had a good laugh at the idea of Shad getting all nice and "scented" in the garden compost and then you go and stuff it up by putting him in the shower and stinking him up with doggie shampoo :rofl: At least that's how I imagine he saw it. Bummer that you had to bust a window to break into your own house. You are just having a bad run with windows lately, aren't you? I am anal about being home alone and getting locked out. So much so that I check the doors like I have OCD and have a springy stretchy band I keep on my wrist with a key if DH has gone for the day.

Michelle - thanks again for the water globe suggestion. It's nice that you are getting together with "old" friends again. Phone calls are nice but it's better to see them in person. I am soooooooo envious of you having walks on the beach. One of my favorite things. Perhaps if you work up slowly and "train" in a sense, you might not have difficulties. Poor back - but you know enough to keep yourself from being all messed up. Hopefully the better weather out there will have you feeling a bit more loose than here.

Laura - :congrat: on the awesome weight loss! Fantastic job - you are almost at goal and just in time for summer. That has to feel great! Thank you for your watering suggestion too. I think I can use that for some of the pots. Thanks for the movie review - I'm glad you see a lot of them so I can get an informed opinion before I spend money :lol: I wish some of your warmer weather would float up this way - could not believe how much warmer it was by you compared to us.

Ceejay - hope your headache eased up - I'm sure the weather had a bit to do with it also. The tornadoes sure are scary and I think they are actually more of a threat out your way than up by us.

Mel - Igor and Chicklettes :rofl: you're too funny! We need a bunch of us to drown out the people like me who are off key but enthusiastic none the less. Here's to another quiet day for you :cheers: toasting with a tiny glass of Milanta tummy meds. I guess Ritchie won't be doing any cooking for you soon or is he down with the kids right now? When are you expecting your new chair? I need to know how soon to order the leopard print chair cover :lol:

:wave: Hi Java!

Annie - oh oh on Sassy being such a stinkerooni. What is it about dogs loving to roll in stuff? Although I think DH said cats will sometimes do it too. Seems like we planted a lot of the same stuff in the garden. I see a lot of good salad making in the future for both of us. Yum!

Ok, I better get my act in gear. I need to run into town and hit Walmart too. Found some iced tea in cartons that we both like - half the calories of Coca Cola too. It's cheap and would be cheaper if I made it myself BUT I think factoring in the cost of adding lemons to the homemade stuff just might break it even in price. Anyway - on with the day. Be good girls!

happy2bme 05-23-2013 07:50 AM

Last out, first in this morning. :D We've got some things to do this morning so I'll have to wait to post until later. Had to move all my plants from the greenhouse to the heated man cave yesterday as a precautionary move. Supposed to dip below freezing tonight again and then I hope WE ARE DONE with this night chill. The days are good, it's the nights that are so cold. Heck guys, we don't live in the desert here, what gives :shrug:

Anyway have a good day, talk to you later.

MELODY525 05-23-2013 08:52 AM

http://dakiniland.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=257&h=300

GOOD MORNING BUT I AM NOT AWAKE YET.
LOTS OF SINUS MEDS, CALLS AND LIFE IN GENERAL.
I'LL BE MORE CHEERFUL AND FULLY AWAKE TOMORROW!:rain:
I PROMISE.....

CEEJAY....THE BAROMETER READINGS ARE KILLING EVERYONE'S HEAD.
HANG IN THERE TILL THE SUNSHINE COMES:hug:
THANK GOD THE TORNADOES WERE NOT BY YOU.
HIGH WINDS & FLOOD WATERS ARE BAD ENOUGH.
AND NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT...
I AM GOING RIGHT NOW TO PUT THE SIGN ON THE DOOR!! :D
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER TODAY.

MICHELLE....HOPE THE BACK FEELS OK TODAY.
BEACH WALKING IN THE SAND??
MAKES FOR TOUGH WALKING. JUST BE CAREFUL.
WE DON'T WANT YOU MISSING ANY WORK.

LAURA....THANKS FOR THE REVIEW.
DID I SAY CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS?? :cheer3: :cheer2:
I CAN'T REMEMBER BUT I THINK IT WAS 3 POINT SOMETHING.
I'VE BEEN IN A FOG WITH MY FRIEND & THIS NUTHOUSE WITHOUT HER HERE.
I'LL TELL THE KIDS ABOUT THE MOVIE. :dance:

HAPPY....wish I had ideas for your watering but not a gasrdener here.
I laughed at the buying of more plants and dh expanding the beds.
too funny and a great excuse to get more!!
loved the carrot pot ideas.
OH POOP,,,,I LOST MY CAPS. CAN'T SEE...
ANYWAY....WHO KNOWS WHEN THE CHAIR WILL ARRIVE.
BUT MY SEATS ARE READY. SPECIAL MADE FOR ME.
SO I AM ALL SET AND ANXIOUS.
ARE YOU THINKING OF VOLUNTEERING AFTER YOU GET BACK??
HOPE THE TRIP HOME AND BACK WILL BE A GOOD VISIT. :hug:
CHILLY NIGHTS SEEM TO BE EVERYWHERE.
THEY SAY THE CHANGES ARE CAUSING THE STORMS TO BE FIERCER :cry:

MELODY525 05-23-2013 09:03 AM

SHAD.....AFTER READING HAPPY'S POST I FIND I MISSED SEVERAL.
SO I WENT IN SEARCH AND FOUND YOURS.....
I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BIOPSY RESULTS.
I MUST GO AND GOOGLE THIS TO UNDERSTAND IT BETTER. WTF!!!!!
SENDING HEALING THOUGHTS YOUR WAY.
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS...BUT THEN NEITHER CAN YOU I'M SURE.:hug:
LET ME KNOW IF OR WHEN YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK.

annie175 05-23-2013 09:06 AM

Happy Thursday! My Friday! Yeah!!

So I took Ainsley to school this morning. It is a 45 minute drive. What a conversation we had. Nanna, how far is it from the earth to the sun. I don't know Ains, but it is a lot of miles. Nanna can your drive there? No, you have to fly like in a space ship. Nanna if I was on the sun, Ains..you would burn up as it is extremely hot. Oh....too funny.

I fixed pizza and breadstix for dinner last night as Cs good daughter came over with her BF. We had a nice evening with good conversation. Tonite I get the babe for two days. This will be interesting. He sleeps through the nite but not so much when he is not in his own bed.

HAPPY....I am with you on this crazy weather, up and down, up and down. Monday it was 86 today's high is 66. Can't we just get to a happy medium? It would be fun to volunteer at the Humane Society, but how could you leave there without wanting to take all of them home? My co-worker volunteers twice a month, 4 hour stints at F.A.C.E. I think that is a cat place. She also helps out at Petco when they have one of those adoption days. Oh and we have a little chimney swift in the birdhouse on the front porch. She sticks her little head out and looks at me when I go by. I should try to get her picture.

LAURA...I will have to look up Tye Sheridan. I am so not familiar with all these up and coming actors. Especially these 20 something actors that are in a lot of the "younger" crowd oriented. I am like who is that? Sam will say oh they are on such and such show. Whateva! I am sick of rain just as I was sick of the snow, next will have a drought.

CHELLE...yep will have to get some sort of fencing to keep Sassy out. THEN I can REplant the cucumbers. She is like a f*rt in the wind running through the garden and digging. Still can't help but love her tho, too cute.

CEEG...sure hope your migraine goes away. I am with CHELLE on the pressure outside determining when it is headache time. Hugs.

MELLIE...so you are a trustee on the board, is this a new position for you or are you just re-upping your position. Vote in some good stuff, like pay raise for yourself :) I will play the air guitar in the band. Looks like fun and I am partial to bands. Glad you had a quiet night....V I C T O R Y!! That is MELLIE's battle cry. Go Fight Win!!

SHADDIE...hope you get some relief with the meds for you nether region. Had to laugh about you bunz in the window. My turn. I now have only 1 good toe on my right foot. 1 Broken toe, 3 severally bruised from dropping the end table on them when I was rearranging my living room. One more toe and I am out. C said I am a hazard to my own health.

Better post this and get busy....9:05 and haven't done a thing.

Hugs

annie175 05-23-2013 09:23 AM

MELLIE was typing over my head...I am excited about your new chair and even more excited that they did a special fit for your arse seat. ba hahaha.