Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey girls!

Burgundy - congrats on changing your ticker! How you considered any other volunteer opportunities yet? How are you doing with eating?

Nessa - I laughed out loud with your biscuit story. Are you going to have to go harder this week as a result of it? How many calories does he incourage you to eat?

Dance - I am so glad things are going well for you and the guy. Im sure exclusiveness will happen in time. Are you still eating on plan? When I started dating, thats when I was constantly going off plan, it was awful, lol.

I had a horrible weekend with eating. Seriously, my belly is extremely bloated from how much I ate and I wouldnt be surprised if I packed on 5 pounds. I had a weekend where no matter what I ate, I was still starving. I didnt do much better today either because I am already at 2000 calories. It is awful, I know. I am probably going to do the gym for 1.5 hours, all cardio to offset some of my poor choices and get back on track tomorrow.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Lindy - still eating very much on plan! I'm lucky that this guy eats almost the way I do - skips the rice with asian food, was happy to eat indian food over steamed cauliflower instead of over basmati rice, etc. I let myself have one treat a week if I need it (many weeks I don't) which has ended up being a slice or two of thin crust pizza on the odd date where that has seemed like the right food choice for whatever reason. It doesn't seem to set off cravings so so far I'm lucky. After my day of starvingness (and needing to eat more than usual as a result), I skipped the scale this morning but I've been sticking to 154 - I think the next pound or two may take a while to get here but that's okay I'm pretty happy where I am.

You will get back on track - I know how you are - you can turn this around! Good luck at the gym!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #18  

Hey girls. Having a VERY rough morning and just need a sounding board. Gabriella was suppose to her cavities filled today but the dentist said she was asking too many questions and didnt feel comfortable working on her. She is going to ask questions, she is 11 and scared! Anyway, she was referred to somewhere else. Then my boss was on me for something petty, and overall it has just put me in an incredibly cranky mood. I did good with eating and the gym yesterday and plan on doing the same today.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Lindy- he is a total food ****!!! No mistakes. U eat only to fuel ur body to workout!!! Lol i mean i hired him for this eeason but dang....it was a flipping biscuit! And i added 2 tbsp of almond milk into coffee this weekend and he chewed me out!!!!!! Lol he must be prefect cause he freaks......how many times have i said lean white meat protein andbgreen veggies only??? Dang Vanessa! Lol he hasnt set a calorie limit but here is my typical day: (keep in mind he hates any dairy and carbs- little to no fruit- lean white meat protein and fresh green veggies only!!!) breakfast: protein shake with water and ice only. Or oatmeal. Lunch: salad or veggies (maybe fish or chicken if i have leftovers) s: 4 oz ish depending on how hingry i am and salad and/or green veggies. I cant help it but sometimes i have to have red meat....he doesnt like it but dang this fat girl needs a steak sometimes!!! Lol dont get me wrongbim not perfect and sometimes i mess up. Like my lovely hubby managed to bring whoppers into the house...grrrrr.... So me and the dog split like 10. So i make mistakes.

The scales did show a 1 pound gain from my last weigh in. But last week he weighed us on tuesday so he had worked the waterboff of me. He weighed us on monday this week. I weighed tuesday on my own at home and showed i was the same as last week on tuesday. So im thinking it was water weight but idk. He is working us extremely hard this week so far. I dont know if it is because of our eating or the spring weather has a peep in his step or what but i almost passed out on the treadmill yesterday. Literally everything started turning black and he grabbed me to steady me. Im hoping that he was just working us to death and not like my bp bottoming out or something.

Dance- so glad you have finally found a guy you are liking!!? You are also doing so good on eating on plan and sticking to the diet.....such an inspiration!!!!? I need to be more like u!!!!!

Lindy- i hate days like that....here is a story to cheer u up!!!

So i got my tat and everything...so i cant take baths. So im in the shower and im holding my foot out of the water trying to keep the scab from coming off and messing up the color etc. Well im washing my face and my head is under the water....which has a pretty good pressure behind it..... And i feel a tugging at my tattoo! Oh no i think to myself gotta move my arm and body so i dont rip the scab off....... So for whatever reason i decide its a great idea to move my back too.......water rushed up my nose and down into my lungs!!!!! So i am running out of the shower.......onto the bath mat hacking and coughing and snorting water out of my on fire nose and lungs......my dog who has now rushed in to save my life is just staring at me.....once i finally catch my breath and realize hey im not gonna die......... I swear my dog realized it too...... The little @#//%'""?°?':!!;%;%,,! Cocks his head to the side and smiles and starts panting....looks just like he is laughing at me!!!!!! Yes my dog smiles....its the oddest thing hes almost human! But yes.......only Vanessa can almost drown in the shower all by herself....i think i need to wear floaties! Lol

Hope yall have a good day!!!!
Nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #20  

Nessa - oh my gosh, I was actually laughing out loud like a loon while reading your story. That totally cheered me up, Im not just saying that either, it really put me in a better mood, haha - thanks! I'm sure I would appreciate a trainer like that....a little. I mean, talk about accountability on a whole other level. Since starting with him, have you shrunk any sizes in clothing?
Old 04-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #21  

Nessa - lol at your story! Glad you survived

Lindy - that dentist story is crazy weird - can't believe they didn't want to work on a kid because of her questions. sorry it's a tough day!

I have date #4 with B tonight - curious to see if we still are clicking after a week of phone calls. Will keep you guys posted...
Old 04-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #22  

Lindy- that is what is amazing......i can fjt into a 7/8 now but feel less self concious in 8/9's. So he has def. Taken me down in sizes......but weight....drat it...its staying the same!! And believe me....my life is never boring....any time u need cheering up...let me know. That kind of stuff always happens to me!!!! Lol

Dance- thanks...it was a close call for a while if i was gonna make it! lol

So far so good today on food...... Oatmeal with protein mixed in and fish with green beans! Now if i can just hold out the rest of the day!!!! Lol
Old 04-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #23  

Hey girls....

I've been doing well with eating but found a new love that I cant shake. Iced Caramel coffee! I am counting it in my daily calories and it gives me th epick me up I need for my workouts on some days but I wish I didnt like it so much, lol. Today I had a McDonalds Oatmeal and one of those for breakfast. I am going out for lunch with a co-worker today and plan on having a veggie burger with bbq beans. My plan is to get a to go box as soon as they serve, split it in half and have the other half for dinner. Finger's crossed this works. I will be skipping the gym today but plan on doing P90x tomorrow evening, so that will cover my 4 workouts for the week.

I know I Have asked this but I cannot retain the information. How many times a week do each of you workout? I am at 2 days for 30 minutes and 2 days at an hour. That is as much time as I can squeeze in right now.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #24  

Iced caramel coffee sounds dangerous but yummy! I seem to do better not having sweets at all as once I start, I find it hard to stop (and I know exactly where that gets me!).

I run for 30-40 min or walk for an hour 4-5x/week unless work gets extra crazy or I have an event to go to.

So, date #4 went great and I'm looking forward to seeing him again tomorrow night It's so nice to be having fun with a new guy and to be completely over my ex!!

Working from home today (yay!) and planning on a run in the sunshine at lunch....
Old 04-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #25  

That's awesome Dance...and the fact that you knew him before makes it that much better. :-) Very happy for you because dating can be sooooo stressful at times. I remember there were days where I was like "I love being single" and others where I was SO over being single.

Thanks for the exercise info. I am trying to find my "sweet spot". I am also anxious to hop on the scale but am trying to stay true to not doing that. I would like to see where just using my clothes as a weight measuring tool takes me.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #26  

Dance- i completely understand......once i start on sweets......its over.....i cant stop and i crave it.more and more!!! If i have a bad day (like super bad) ill end up eating something sweet.....i wish j could learn to run instead! Lol

Lindy- i train with jason (super hard core) 3 times a week and i really try to do cardio the other 2 days. But forsure 1 day of cardio.

Well it has been a really long day.....i thibk im going to bed early!!!! Talk to yall tomorrow!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #27  

Hey gals!
Went out with four of my best girlfriends (besides you guys!) for dinner last night and had a blast. Had a yummy caesar salad (no croutons) with chicken and didn't feel deprived at all. Still at 154 today - no progress in the last week but I'm okay with that - I'm calling it a maintenance break

Date #5 with B tonight - I'm fighting a little bit of a cold so that's a bummer but looking forward to hanging out with him.

What's everyone else got on for the weekend?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #28  

Morning ladies! Finally down two pounds to 152 and it looks like I have a new boyfriend Life could be worse

Last edited by dancerindenver; 04-13-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Omg, just posted a long post and lost it, gonna try again.

Dance-so happy for you, have fun. You are almost to 150, that has to be exciting.

Lindy-i can't believe that dentist did that, of course a child is going to have questions. I love mocha frappucinos. I had to stop getting the ones from burger king, the calories were outrageous. Sometimes I drink the bottled Starbucks vanilla light frapps(100 cals or I have vanilla iced coffee for my keurig. I like the nonfat iced latte with sugar free vanilla syrup(60 cals) at mcdonalds. I've been trying to workout everyday. I walk, do wii fit plus, or your shape on Xbox. I ran a little on my walk in the snow today.

Neesa-your story made me lol. Your trainer sounds tough. I need more discipline like that, sometimes

I've been doing good with eating and exercise. I'm trying to burn 500 calories a day but can only go by what the Xbox or wii says. I need to invest in a good heart rate monitor.

Thursday was the last day of the soup kitchen. A few of us are going in on Monday to clean the kitchen from top to bottom and have a little party afterwards. I'm gonna have to find something different to do during the summer. I've been thinking about going to school to become a certified nursing assistant.

My sister in law and her kids stayed with us last night and gonna stay here tonight. We had an ice storm a few days ago and a lot of people around here lost power. Luckily we didn't. Gonna go workout, instead of waiting til 9 or 10 at night. I walked/ran a mile today and did a little on wii fit plus. Around 300 calories to go.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #30  

Burgundy - love your burn 500 cal/day plan - that sounds great!

Struggling with a cold today - Ugh! Don't think I'll make it out to exercise - too busy sniffling and trying to finish taxes.

All good with B, the new guy - we've got so much in common, it's almost spooky. It's so nice to be feeling better about my body - I don't think I would have had the self-confidence to date at all without having lost this weight.

I'm thinking I need to start doing some weights to get toned - I know I keep saying it and not doing it but I'm thinking I'm ready - at least I will be once I'm over this cold. So impressed with all the crosstraining you girls do!