Weight Loss Buddies XI

You're on Page 16 of 18
Go to
  • Im still up but trying the Jillian Michaels detox. Its 60 oz of distilled water, 2T lemon juice, 1T unsweetened cranberry juice and 1 dandelion root tea bag. Drink 60oz of this everyday for 7 days. Supposed to be able to lose 5 lbs in a week. We'll see.
  • How is that working, burgundy?

I'm still at 162 but am hoping to make more progress soon.

In other news, there is a new guy He's coming to my family's for thxgiving and we're going up to the mountains for the rest of the weekend. I'm hoping this one will work out
  • Its going OK. Lost two lbs in the 7 days instead of 5 lbs. Oh well. The taste gets to you after a while. Dandelion root tea is nasty. We are having our thanksgiving meal at church tomorrow, lots of cooking to do. Turkey is in the fridge and I made skinny broccoli salad. Its a weight watchers recipe I found on pinterest. The soup kitchen is open now so I've been there a few days a week. Put some of my jewelry in a shop in town, looking forward to seeing how that goes.

Congrats on the new guy.

My mom had a very small stroke on Friday. She's doing better, has to see the neurologist on Monday. They told me not to come down right now but if I have to I'll go. I would love to go down but just under different circumstances.
  • Hey Ladies!

I'm BAAAAAAAAAACK! I know, I know, I've been gone FOREVER. So sorry! Life has really exhausted me and the girls...well, the girls are the main reason I am busy. They are 18 mos now and my oldest turns 6 on Thanksgiving. Cannot believe how fast time has flown by. Girls are wonderful, the lights of my life, but now it's time to focus more on me.

I was working out a few months ago and then suffered another road bump - I fractured my lower back. Lots of chiropractic and physical therapy and drugs from my ortho, but I'm ready to hit it again!

So, instead of going "gung ho" by myself, I decided to jump in and do a boot camp, similar to what I was doing back in the good 'ol days. There's a bootcamp less than 15 mins from my house with classes and personal trainers there, so they have a holiday promotion right now that guarantees you will lose 5-8 lbs and a number of inches in 28 days....or your money back. Figured it was worth a try...so I start tomorrow. Nervous and excited, but I think they trainer will keep me from doing too much too fast.

So, to treat myself, I decided to buy some really nice running shoes to help with my workout along with custom inserts to mold to my feet to keep from injury...$300 (yikes) I was out the door. They measured my feet in all sorts of different ways and found my pressure points, etc. If you've never had that sort of thing done, totally recommend, I LOVE the shoes they picked out.

So, eating still my problem, lots of sweets...really got to stop. Eating whatever is quick while watching the girls, taking Madeline to swimming, etc. etc.

Burgundy: So sorry to hear about your mom, glad to hear she's doing better.

Lindy: You look AMAZING! I've seen the pics from FB- your are looking GREAT!

Dancer: So the new guy is meeting the family??? Way to go! Hope it all works out for you.

Goal for Thanksgiving: not eat so damn much! LOL. but seriously, going to pace myself a lot more than usual, small bits of everything, and waiting before that second plateful. I plan to go to the gym the next morning and we actually have to report to him (via some computer program) exactly what we eat and how much. So, don't want to overdo it and have him look at me like I'm a nut.

Plan to be on here a lot more ladies! The bootcamp I'm on is through the holidays (did that on purpose). I don't want to wait until a New Year when I can make the change now.
  • So, after much nervousness...I returned to boot camp, and WOW, did it kick my butt. There were 4 other people in class, working in pairs, so I was with the trainer, which was good, he was able to keep me motivated and worked on my form, etc. It was 4 rounds, 30 seconds on, 15 second break with 8 stations. It kicked my butt! I'm starting to feel sore now, the workout ended 2 hours ago. Made me realize that I am horribly out of shape, but the class seemed really good. Plan to go back Wed morning, if I can still walk.

Food is another issue, need to get working on that now. Of course, I saw the cookies in the pantry, but with me being stiff and sore right now, I didn't take a second glance. Hopefully this will help me. The gym is having a Black Friday workout in the morning to help burn off that Thanksgiving meal, so I will give it a shot.

How is everyone else doing?
  • maddiesmom - how fun to see you here again! So sorry to hear about your back troubles - that has got to have been rough! Way to go on getting back into boot camp - looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Burgundy - it must be hard to be far away from your momma when she's dealing with something like this. Hang in there and congrats on the losses!

I'm down another 2 so I'm fitting back into my skinny clothes again which is nice. Another 3-4 and I'll be in my sweet spot - can't wait!

So nice to have company here - really appreciate you guys!
  • Hey everyone! I am looking to make some new friends along this journey I'm going through - and you are, too. I am assuming anyone can join this here? :] How does this thread work??
  • Save: Yes, please join in - we have been together on and off for years, so it's nice to get a new person to the group! Just post whenever you can!

Dance: It's nice to be back! You are doing so well! From the pics on FB, you are looking fabulous!

Burgundy: So happy to hear your mom is doing better! Must be a relief!

I didn't go to bootcamp - was so super sore on Wednesday...was going to go on Saturday, but had Madeline's birthday party with 40 of our closest family/friends, so I didn't want to be sore for that.

Monday started my "cold turkey." I gave up: Caffeine, soda, refined sugar, and bread (well, all unhealthy carbs) and I had a huge migraine by the afternoon, so again, didn't go to bootcamp, but then again, the migraine would have made it beyond impossible to do, so I focused on my diet. I had approx 1300 calories yesterday and am onboard for about that today. Still eating, not starving myself, just being more careful of what I put into my mouth (including staying away from the incredibly delicious caramels that are literally 3 feet from my desk right now). I know it's going to take another day or so to get used to the withdrawls, but I'm determined to do it.

Tonight is swimming lessons with Madeline, then bootcamp tomorrow and Saturday, with workouts at home in between. I purchased Insanity, so may give that a try. Plus, I'm now going for a CEBS certification, so will be taking classes on top of that, plus Madeline has Sunday school and Christmas pageant practice and school work - so busy, but if I'm so busy, I can't eat junk, right??

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I limited myself to one plateful and then had dessert. I have full, but not stuffed (like I have stuffed my face in the past).

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • So, I am now on day 4 without: Coffee, refined sugar, bread, sweets, soda, etc. and I doing well! I can't believe I've done it! Very minor cravings, but not too bad (though, I could go for a Dr. Pepper right about now).

Went to bootcamp last night and lucked out that my heart rate monitor decided to work. I burned..............1068 calories in an hour! Couldn't believe it. I also stayed at about 1200 calories, so I'm proud of myself. Not too sore today, but I am sure I will feel it more tomorrow. Going again on Saturday morning, so that will be good. Then off to do Christmas shopping, as I haven't even started yet.

How is everyone else doing?
  • Hi everyone - I figured I'd join in, even though it seems kind of dead here - I could really use some weight loss buddies. :\ I am hoping to find one here !

I'm Danielle - I have always been chubby, or as I'd rather call it "pleasantly" plump. My weight has always held me back - I am always so down on myself, but I want to change that, and that is why I've been here for so long, but I haven't ever really made any serious progress ever. This time WILL be different. I promise that to myself.

I am a wicked animal lover - anyone else out there love animals? I have 6 cats and 2 dogs, and a hamster. I also foster for rescues and I have 3 foster cats and a foster dog currently, too.

Anyways - really look forward to hearing from everyone else <3
  • SaveMy - I, too have been the chubby one, was always feeling like the outcast or the "fat girl" in my group of friends, even though it was not their intention to make me feel that way. I am an animal love, although I don't have any myself (used to live on a farm as a kid, then had cats/dogs, now just kids!) I have 3 girls - a 6 year old and then 18 mos old twin girls. They keep me pretty busy.

I did bootcamp on Saturday, with the owner, who totally kicked my butt. He seems like a great guy who generally cares for his clients and has set up a coaching call to talk about my goals and what I want out of all of this. The question is - what do I want? I said to be healthier, but he said that's only going to get me so far. I need a set goal to help keep me motivated. So, now I have to give some thought to it. I talked with him for a good 20 mins after class ended and I had an "ah ha" moment. He allows one cheat day a week, where you can eat what you want : chocolate cake, pizza, you name it, it's on the table. I told him that I felt guilty in doing that. He said to take the emotion out of it, and make it a scientific decision. Based on scientific research, that one cheat day actually boosts the leptin in your body, which will help you lose weight. So, no more guilt, this is how to do it. Take the emotion out of it - interesting way to think of it....something I never thought about before.

The class was GREAT! Very tough, but the women in the group were wonderful and so supportive of each other, it really helped to keep me going. I burned over 1300 calories in under an hour. I also decided to work out Sunday morning (Dustin says...earn your cheat by doing a super good workout, then burn your cheat by working out the next day). I did some Insanity workout, but back was too stiff, so I went out in the 7 degree weather to jog. Yep, out in the freezing cold, but during my run, as much as I wanted to stop, I kept saying, "Why not me? Why can't I be the one to do this? What's keeping me from reaching my goal?" That really helped me to keep going (my iPod died, so it was only my inner monologue that I got to listen to. Just trying to keep positive.

Clothes are starting to feel looser. Was able to button a pair of pants that I wasn't able to less than 2 weeks ago. I am going for more bootcamp tonight...have to schedule it, our home is so busy with everything, that I need to put it all on there. Today, Thursday and Saturdays...those are my days.

How is everyone else?? SaveMykisses...what are you doing to help in your weight loss?
  • Hey ladies, just a quick check in. Have some friends on their way over. We made an emergency trip to Alabama last Tuesday. My mom had the mini stroke the Friday before. We didnt think we would have to go down cos she was feeling good. Monday night my sister called and said she had to have surgery so we headed out. Got somewhere in Ohio and my mom called and said she didnt need surgery after all. Huge relief. We went down anyways and spent Thanksgiving with them. My niece was so excited. Then the day before we left I got sick. We've been home since Thursday and I havent been on the scale. Im feeling better now so maybe tomorrow I'll check out the damage. I need to get my zumba videos out and start doing that again.

Im looking into getting a juicer or a nutribullet of magic bullet. Not sure what I want yet. I know I want to start eating more fruits and veggies and a juicer might help with that. Does anyone have one??

Save-welcome!! We all check in when we can, join right in.

Maddiesmom-Sounds like you are doing really well. I need to cut out sugar. I did good back when we were all really active here. I just allowed myself a small square of dark chocolate after dinner each night. I need to try that again.

Dance-how are things with t new guy??
  • Thank you everyone for the welcome - you're awesome! I am really just trying to find my place here on this forum and hoping to find some friends that I fit in with and can receive support and just give support back. I want to make friendships and just get to know one another. You guys seem to know one another already so I am hoping I can fit in, too. :\

Vicky - Gosh do I understand the issue with the food. Although mine is food & exercise. I have a hard time in general. I just want to eat yummy deliciousness all the time and I am trying to reprogram my body into thinking the healthy foods are the yummy things, not the burger & fries loaded with ketchup that I always thought were so delicious.
    Your bootcamp class sounds like everything I would die to do. I just can't stand going alone, I can't let go of the whole awkwardness of being alone and not having the support of a friend or anything. So major kudos to you. I also know there are some bootcamps around here but it's hard for me to fit it into the schedule - for example they're either too early or too late. I can't wake up and be at a place to do a workout at 5am.. and I hate the idea of getting out of work for 5pm and not having my class til 7pm... :\

Right now what I am trying to do is Dolvett Quince's 3121 diet... he is the trainer on The Biggest Loser, and this is his new book out. It kind of has a similar idea to what your trainer told you Vicki, he has it based on you eating clean for 3 days and then have 1 cheat day, then eat clean for two days and another cheat day. It's so hard for me though.... I just started it yesterday and already today I kind of went off plan, but not horribly. I meal prepped all weekend for this week so that it was all planned and I had zero excuses, but the hospital threw a holiday meal for everyone, and granted I didn't eat horrible I didn't eat my meal that I had prepped for this clean eating day. Instead I had a small piece of turkey, some small potatoes with green beans and turnips and carrots. and a side of a salad. I am proud to say that I skipped the cookies! :] & even when a co-worker offered me a piece of the cookie - I passed! That's saying a lot for me.

My heart really isn't into exercising like I want it to be, HOW can I get myself into that whole heartedly? Yesterday I did a 30minute dance workout I found on youtube and I felt 100% awkward doing it. I don't think I was getting like ANY of the moves right but I kept telling myself that as long as I'm moving I'm burning. Right..? And tonight I did like 25 minutes on the treadmill.

Dolvett's book includes a 48 minute workout which I did do 2 times last week, I started the diet part this week. This morning I was down a pound from yesterday but I'm not sure if it's the truth or not. I can't stand it, haha. I really want to do this but it's so hard and I know it's not going to be easy but how do you just force yourself to do it? I think once I see results it may be a little easier. :\ but am unsure of how to get myself that far, first. :| GRR. Sorry I think I'm just a little frustrated and really I have no reason to be, aside from the fact that I could really go for something delicious right about now.

I have been thinking about getting the Turbofire work outs.

Vicky - 3 girls huh, and twins? That's crazy! I'm sure you're completely inlove but I am sure you need to work on getting some 'you-time' I am always busy too with my animals I'm not sure how to get some of my me time in, too, but I am not really sure I want too much of it, I love being around my animals and spending lots of time with them. Of course it's different though. My foster dog had a meet & greet this past sunday.... people were strange & I'm unsure if they're going to want him or not, but I wouldn't be too disappointed.

I'm rambling here, now. :| Sorry!!

Sorry to hear about your Mom, burgundyrayne and about you being sick. I have also had a horrible cold since thanksgiving. I am hoping it's finally at the end of it. I hope you're feeling better, or atleast starting to.
    Anyways Hi everyone!! *waves*
  • Hello ladies! I am new here. I'm wondering if there is a thread that is something like "Share what you ate today!" where people post replies of what they ate all day at the end of the day. I am figuring it will be effective in helping us stay away from those midnight snacks and binging, because we would be too embarrassed to share it! LOL.
  • Danielle: I'm trying my best for clean eating - it does get easier with time, I have to say. I was a candy/sugar/sweets ADDICT before doing this work with the trainer. I'm held accountable, so I want to be sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. I do a food log every day (myfitnesspal.com has a free one) and I have to send to my trainer on a weekly basis. I'm actually having the opposite problem now- I know I'm not eating enough calories (only about 900-1000/day which isn't good). I'm just not hungry, and I feel that if I force myself to eat more, it's going to cause a problem in the long run.

Health Nut: I'm sure there are forums like that on here - we do post what we eat and recipes from time to time.

So, I have been battling a cold, so I didn't go and work out on Monday with the hopes of getting some rest - but with 2 under 18 mos, that didn't happen. So, I think I am getting worse, but I don't want to skip boot camp for too long. Hoping I'll be ok tonight, if not I HAVE to go tomorrow. Feeling lazy..always seems to happen, I get into a routine and then I get sick. The twins have been sick all week too with a cold, so it's a germ fest.

Had our annual dept pot luck today. I was good - only a tablespoon or 2 of dips, had some chicken, some vegan items, etc. Overall, I think I consumed 700 calories. Not THAT bad, but it's a salad for dinner tonight, that's for sure! Didn't want this to be my "cheat day" so I will eat super clean the rest of the day. I didn't eat very much and I stayed away from the sweets. Actually sat near the sweets table and didn't even try to get one...didn't really appeal to me, so I guess the cheat days are working for me.

Danielle: as far as feeling awkward, trust me, I feel that too. I'm very overweight in comparison to a lot of the people in the boot camp I go to, but I figured, I dont' know them, they don't know me...so it's not gonna hurt. You are probably worse on yourself that others would be. The women I worked out with last week (and I was SUPER nervous starting out), were so wonderful and supportive, that I soon forgot if I didn't have the best form - at least I was trying and moving.

Ok, so I will make another goal - try and check in daily here. Anyone else up for that???