3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldlies Marking March as a Month of Movement and Mirth (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/276728-worldlies-marking-march-month-movement-mirth.html)

diyana 03-11-2013 11:33 AM

Annie - You are NOT fat. You will look gorgeous on your wedding day! I'm with you on eating proteins...they make me feel much fuller and for longer. I need to do better on limiting sweets...or replacing sweets with fruit, but I'll get there. BTW, my roommate's dog is a 12 year old Golden Retriever. He's a sweetie. I'm not used to being around such a big dog...he frequently picks spots to lay down in that block hallways and doorways. But he's so easy going, he doesn't mind being stepped around or over...and he'll move too.

Laura - I think Oz is definitely a movie to wait for Netflix or cable, and I'm not usually that tough of a critic. I'm just glad that my friend and I saw the matinee, so it was cheaper. It wasn't awful. The visual effects were stunning. But I give it about 2 stars for the plot and about 1 star for the acting.

annie175 03-11-2013 12:51 PM

Yeah go ME!!!! I did 1.5 miles on the elipical at the fitness center during lunch. We did 30 miutes and burned 256 calories. Ate a little less total calories than that for lunch. You know how they say a battle of any sort is just one day at a time, well my battle is 1 hour at a time. Maybe my endorphins will keep me "high" for a while. My bra is all sweaty and not liking that much but I will make it till this evening when I get home.

I too am an Oz and Wicked fan. Sam and I saw the play when it was here in Indy. It was very good, I even had read the book some years ago. However upon suggestion by you lovely ladies I will wait and rent it.

Gotta get busy.

annie175 03-11-2013 12:54 PM

eliptical

ceejay52 03-11-2013 01:06 PM

Michelle
Is the "Oz" movie the one with James Franco? I love the Golden Retriever dogs. They are beautiful but big for my liking. Sorry the pain hit you again.

Annie
You are definitely not fat. I wish I had some of your height.

Miss Mel
What are you doing today? Relaxing!!!!!!

Happy
It's good that your appointments are across the parking lot from each other.

Laura
How are you liking the ww websight for tracking points?

-------
Not much to report. I've been in a depressed mood this past week end and today. I decided to take the Xanax last night and boy did I sleep well. I'm going to take it early enough tonight that I will not be groggy in the morning. So far the bosses are behaving themselves.
Forgot to mention that I had so much frustration last night that I rode the bike for 50 minutes.

Annie
does the word eliptical mean that you've done your exercise on it? Curious minds?

ceejay52 03-11-2013 01:16 PM

Okay Annie
I reread your post. And a job well done.

diyana 03-11-2013 03:09 PM

Annie - :bravo: on the exercising!!

Happy - I love the new ATV! Looks like tons of fun! How are your feet doing? I hope the doctor appointments went well today.

Ceejay - Sorry that you're feeling blue. I hope the blues pass quickly for you. Yes, James Franco is in the "Oz" movie. I was not impressed by his acting, but I haven't seen him in anything else...maybe this was just a "low" point in his acting. Not sure. :dunno:

annie175 03-11-2013 05:25 PM

Check out my facebook, my DDIL tagged me in wedding photos....see the little fat man that looks like a gnome? That is my xdh and the ugly girl next to him is what he settled for, cause he told me he settled....You lose faggit.

MELODY525 03-11-2013 05:26 PM

http://www.adonecu.org/images/ad_present.jpg I had a wonderful BD party.
Jen made a gorgeous cake and on top was small cupcakes making a blue caterpiller and Pink Peeps.
It was so adorable. Everyone loved it. Maybe she should be a cake caterer!!
I got new Spring tops and giftcards.
I'll be all decked out for when the warmer weather arrives.
My friend Frank wasn't there though.
I missed him in a way but there is office drama with him and the girls. SIGH!
Tomorrow I need to work a bit and get some laundry done so ergo tonite's post.
Hope you all have a Happy Tuesday/Wednesday:scooter:

Annie....my poopy sister.....I got the card.
I was cracking up over the dogs!!! Too frasasing funny. Thank you.
Praying for your skinniness:yoga:
(Please God hear my prayers or we'll never hear the end
of how the dress didn't fit....and what she did to it with a pair of scissors!!!:yikes:) :rofl: :rofl:
All kidding aside....you are sure to lose something in 6 weeks.
Keeping my fingers crossed:crossed:
Better be careful with the GBabe's Dada....you'll lose visitatation rights!!:rofl:

Michelle....I am very happy to hear you made some ground rules with the friend.
Good for you sister. Very sorry to hear about the pain though.
Hope you will be feeling better soon.
Just do whatever it takes to get well. :hug:

Laura....I need the BF to install a wallmount here too! LOL
But first I need to get a skinny TV Richie said.
This old one could be used for weight training!!
Those golden Oreos can get addictive and I am a choc-o-holic too!
Get thee behind me Satan!!!:devil:

Ceejay.....yes I was relaxing and eating cake!!
Not sure what the calories were.
But Jen told everyone BD cake doesn't have any calories!!! :lol3: :lol3:
I am glad you took a pill and had a good night's sleep.
The depression can come from sinus drugs too...don't forget.
I wish my Dr would give me some DRUGS!!!!
I could use a day without anxiety!!!!!
Hope you feel better tomorrow too. :hug:

Happy....Jen took the cards and hung them on the wall.
She said I should find the map Shad sent me and use it as wallpaper!
Hope you & DH both got good reports.
I think of your hubby often.

annie175 03-11-2013 05:52 PM

Pix

3 Attachment(s)
Don't know the order of the pix....but one is of Sassy sleeping on the back on the love seat that faces the kitchen while I am fixing dinner...She has to be where I am. The other one is of Sassy, I wuv my momma and daddy's bed. And of Course the best for last...lil man after an exhauting day at Nanna's house, getting ready to go home, slept right through it. Jesus my heart swells with love for that little boy.

ceejay52 03-11-2013 06:32 PM

Mel
So glad you were celebrating your bd. My sis always tells me that bd cakes do not have calories. I didn't know that about the sinus meds.

happy2bme 03-12-2013 02:37 AM

Hi all,

Annie - I would have NEVER pictured you with someone like the ex. You tower over him. In fact, I thought it was kind of cute, you look so tall in the first few pictures and then when you are just with the kids, it's like you dropped the high heels or something and look a little shorter. :lol: You look sooooo pretty in your dress. That's a really hard color to pull off and you look fabulous. Actually the whole family looks great - such lovely pictures of you all. I love Sissy's hairband and dress. And your dress is a very flattering cut as well as DDIL's wedding gown. Love the flowers too. P.S. that's no "girl" (I thought you meant 20 year old) with the ex ;) I wish I could see your other pictures you posted here but there are too small for my old eyes. :(

Also Anne - I have a suggestion if you are game. I know you want to look your very, very best in the next 6 weeks so instead of fretting over everything and feeling pressure - which only makes the weight loss harder - instead why don't you post something positive each day that you are doing in support of your desire? I have seen so far that you are choosing lower calorie selections at lunch, drinking water instead of other beverages, moving around alot (cardio) and possibly some gym sessions - like today :carrot: . I think if you posted one thing each day you'd see that you are making good progress. And for every day you miss, I will eat a big bowl of Blue Bunny Homemade Vanilla ice cream in retaliation. Now you wouldn't want that on your head, would you? :shrug: :no: :nono:

Mel - how great that you had a nice birthday celebration. That's unfortunate that Frank felt it was better to stay away. The cake sounds absolutely adorable. I'll bet she had so much fun doing that. Cake decorating would be fun but the seniors would never pay her what it's worth. I had a friend at work who took it up and she said people were barely willing to cover her expenses much less make any money on the labor and I tell you - her cakes were delicious! I guess it's quite an investment at first in cake pans, decorator stuff, and then the real killers - dyes and flavors.

Ceejay - sorry you are feeling down. Sounds like you haven't been getting a good rest lately. I think that has a big effect too. Glad you got a good sleep - hope you are doing better.

Michelle - thank you for the movie review. I was interested in seeing that too and probably would have had to go by myself. I guess I will wait for the DVD too. I'm glad you had a talk with the roomie. Can't say I blame anyone for tying one on after a shocker like that - just as long as it's not a habitual thing. Sometimes well intentioned friends don't always make the best choices either when trying to be supportive - here have a drink. :^:

Laura - thank goodness you were nowhere near the falling ice chunk. I used to work in the "ivory tower" on Michigan and Randolph and ice would constantly slide down that big diamond window face. It was darn scary there! Worse than the headwinds and tow ropes at the IBM building. :lol: So what are golden Oreos? I've seen them in the store. Kettle bell class sounds like fun. Have you done that before? Hope your weigh in goes well today :crossed: Stressful, those weigh ins.

Shad - laughed at the sun stuff mantra. Love the colorful way you put things. I think there will always be half naked people on the beach no matter what. I can only imagine what the older Brazillians look like - even with the darker skin tones - they have to be dry and wrinkly after all that sun worshipping. I am happy to get my 15 minutes a day to boost the vitamin D and that's enough exposure for me. Sounds like you had a nice weekend in spite of the rain. The new vehicle is definitely for soft dirt or sand, not automobile roads. Apparently due to it's power one has to be quite careful driving it. Guess DH will do most of the driving and we won't be giving Mum a lesson after all :lol: Is your garden winding down now that you are headed towards autumn or is this time to get another planting in before the winter rains? Are you even home enough to plant anything? Did DS2 buy dinner after leaving the house open? :lol:

Went to the doctors today. DH's blood levels are just where they need to be. I got another shot in the foot. Was painful but not the excruiating agony that the first one was. This should take care of the last of the residual burning and pain. Then in 2 to 3 weeks I hope to start my walking program with DH. That is as long as the roads stay clean. We also stopped at the cell phone shop and picked up a new phone for a trial. Got it home and sure enough, we got no better signal than we did on the no contract phone from Walmart. DH is totally against shelling out a couple of hundred dollars for a cell phone booster - he thinks the vendor should provide one. I said they are not responsible for topography. They put in a cell phone tower less than 4 miles from here so the signal should be good - we apparently like to chose homes that sit in the low point of the road and the strong signal goes right over our roof. He's ready to chuck it all, I'm not so sure and I have 2 more days to decide - if we return the phone in 72 hours or less, everything is 100 percent refundable. We only got 1 or 2 bars when we got home. I was able to chat with the cousin (local), Mum and Sis. I could hear fine on my side and no dropped calls but my Mum complained loudly that I was breaking up and Sis said the voice mail I left her was almost indistinguishable. So that's not good. DH said we either have a land line or a cell phone but cannot afford both so I have some hard thinking to do. I do want to try the booster just so I can say if it doesn't work that we have done everything possible to try. We then went out for a late lunch / early supper to the Chinese restaurant in town and both had a good meal. Came home and I finally watched Slum Dog Millionaire that I recorded back last December. It was a really good movie. And now it's past my bedtime so I'd better get off the computer.

Good night all...

annie175 03-12-2013 08:13 AM

Good Morning....

HAPPY....lmbo at your comments on xh. He was 34 and I was 19 when we met. He looked like Chuck Norris/Kenny Rogers cross between and taller. He is now 67, shrunk and looks like Santa Clause. ba haha. No his "old lady" is probably near or at 60 herself. Look how far she stands from family. She hates everyone except my DS. What a b*tch.

I accept your challenge of posting a positive every day. Would hate to be responsible for Cs company going down to Blue Bunny and you weighing 500 lbs. So today my positive is two...1) I dreamed I was thin and had a flat belly with no scars from tummy tuck, so that has made me think that I will picture in my mind myself thin instead of frumpy. 2) I heard a couple of songs on the radio that put me in a great frame of mind. Especially the Good Morning song by Mandesa that I have mentioned before. So stay positive and smile. Cell phones are a pain, seems like if you are not in a fairly decent city, reception just sucks. When I used to live out in the stix while married, I had Verizon and could barely get reception unless I went out on the back patio. The only carrier that had reception out there was Singular. Glad to hear DHs blood work came back within reason. That should be a bit of a relief. Hope the foot does better with this shot, owie on the pain...you are brave. Thank you for the challenge!

MELLIE...the cake sounded adorable. Jen sounds creative. I believe CEEG is correct on BD cakes have no calories and I have heard no fat either. lol Too sad that Frank could not make the party.

LAURA...I made your taco soup recipe last night only tweaked it just a bit. Added green chilies, beans and cayenne pepper. YES, it is a little (lot) on the warm side. C didn't even want to try it so I made him something different for dinner. Thanks for the recipe....I brought the soup to work to share, if anyone dares...lol.

Nothing much else going here. C is actually taking his Wednesday off this week, instead of work it. He is going fishing with his brother, I told them they were nuts as the high tomorrow is only 36. Burr...not me.

Chat at you chickies later...loves and hugs

diyana 03-12-2013 08:14 AM

Super quick post...

Annie - those pictures of Sassy and Lil Man are adorable! thanks for sharing! Haven't looked at the wedding photos. I'll do that when I get home.

Mel - I'm so glad you had a nice b'day!

Happy - Yay for your DH's good test results and for your shot not hurting as bad. I hope you can start a walking regimen in a couple weeks. Not sure if that comment about well intentioned friends not making the best choices was directed at me. Things are going well with my roommie. She is going to a basketball game tonight, hopefully she's quiet when she comes in...though the dogs will wake me up regardless. That's okay though, I plan to go to bed early.

==========
My massage yesterday was literally THE BEST EVER! I'm so glad I didn't cancel! She worked out literally every single knot! :dancer: I still have muscle spasms occasionally in my back and legs, but not nearly as bad. And today, I'm walking without a cane. I can't say all the pain is gone...but there is improvement. :) I'm hoping to be able to start walking regularly or getting to the gym later this week.

Tonight is a counseling appointment, followed by a quiet evening at home with the doggies (Santa and roomie's dog Rusty). :cloud9:

Gotta go for now!

Much love and many hugs to all,

Laura705 03-12-2013 11:03 AM

Morning all. Cold and blustery today. Ick. I never really expect mild weather until April, but I do hope things get better in March...but no. So today we had a coating of snow when I woke up. :shrug:

Michelle - Glad the massage helped! Did you have one over the weekend too, or am I mistaken? I'm jealous regardless - I could use a massage about now, especially with being sore after my workout on Sunday. The admin didn't like the Oz movie at all, didn't like James Franco or Mila Kunis. That's a rental, or more likely, I'll just get it from the library someday. What's interesting is that both a film critic and the admin said they liked "Return to Oz", which I've never seen. That might be worth watching someday too.

Annie - Okay, for some reason I couldn't see the wedding photos on fb on my iphone, but I can see them on fb on my work computer (shhh, don't tell!). Anyway, wow, like Happy said, you really do tower over your ex! And the body language - it looked like he was actually facing away from everyone else in one of the photos, and not really smiling in any of them. Oh well, like you said, his loss. Everyone else looks fabulous - I love that dress, and you've got the legs to show it off girl!! I love Happy's challenge and that you accepted it. Way to go on the exercise! Whoo!! :cp: Re the "taco soup" recipe, wow, I had to look back at it to see if it really had a lot of spice...yep, 1 tablespoon each of chili powder and hot sauce. Forgot about that...and you amped it up more with chilies and cayenne. Good luck to your officemates, LOL. Bf and I are spice lovers and probably have a higher tolerance level than a lot of people out there.

Mel - Glad you had a wonderful bday celebration. :) Your cake sounded adorable! I was watching a dvr'd episode of the Worst Cooks in America last night and their big challenge was making a cake - boy did they do some crazy stuff, and much of it wasn't good at all, both with the cake baking and the cake decorating!! Sorry Frank wasn't at your party. :( Yeh, the old tv's are so giant and bulky and HEAVY compared to these skinny ones. Bf called a couple friends to see if they wanted the old tv from our bedroom and nope, he can't even give it away. It'll have to go to a recycling event. Reminds me, one's coming up in our area - I'll have to tell bf about it.

Ceejay - Sorry you've got the blues, and it doesn't sound like work is thrilling at the moment either. But good for you working off some of that frustration - I always feel better after exercise. Get those endorphins going!!! Re the ww etools point tracker - yes, it's pretty easy to use. And it has some good features that the sparkpeople tracker doesn't have.

Happy - I'm glad dh's blood work came out good. And what a relief the shot you got wasn't as painful as the previous one! Hope it blasts away the last of the pain and you can get out and walk when the weather improves. Wow, what a problem with the cell phone reception. Is it also equally bad when you're away from home? I should think you'd want to have a cell phone at least when you're on the road, just in case, but I do get the cost factor. A golden Oreo is just vanilla, but I do like them. When we bought that package, it seems that there's all sorts of Oreo varieties now - variations on the filling flavor and I think you can even get them with one half chocolate cookie, one half Golden.
===
Did I mention the spa getaway four of us have booked? It'll be one night overnight on 5/4 at a resort in the Lake Geneva area of WI (south WI just north of the IL-WI border). I booked my deep tissue massage appointment yesterday, not sure if i'll book anything else in the way of spa services. I'm not a huge fan of facials, but a body scrub sounds kind of nice...we'll see. Looking forward to it. :carrot:

Okay, haven't eaten anything yet - it's weigh in day. Didn't even have time to finish a warm mug of lemon water before I left the house. I'm drinking an herbal lemon tea here at the office - time for another, in fact. Only 2.5 hours now, groan. I don't expect much of a loss, if any, this week, since I've struggled the past two days. It would help if we'd gone grocery shopping over the weekend. I'm skipping the movies tonight so we can get over to Walmart tonight.

Okay, enough babble, time to get back to work!! Have a great day everyone!!

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

happy2bme 03-12-2013 12:47 PM

Morning all,

Ok, no ice cream for me today - thanks Annie ;) good for both of us :high: in fact I may join you in the challenge - just the idea of it is making me think better choices right off the bat. Been eating too much sugar lately and considering that I quit the blood sugar meds almost 2 months ago - I should be paying attention to that more. I quit the meds on my own - they are expensive and not sure I need them. I made an appointment to see my regular doctor on Thursday - will get my A1C (long term blood sugar) checked and if it's still on the low side then maybe I can kiss these pills goodbye for good. If not I will work hard on doing what I need to change my diet and exercise so I don't have to take the meds - I will not play Russian Roulette with diabetes potential.

As for the cell phone, DH and I had a discussion today. He's not against the cell phone but thinks the Verizon 2 year contract is alot to pay with only getting 1 or 2 bars in the house. There's a bit of me that feels like I'm missing out on something because I don't have a smart phone because that's the way things are going - kind of like people who don't use a computer and the smartphones and iPads are replacing computers in the same way that laptops replaced desktops. So I did some research on smartphone features - email (I will check this at home - always found the phone too tiny a screen for that), Facebook Updates (will do at home also), GPS app - we have 2 Garmins, Camera - I have my nice digital camera, Apps in general - I have an iTouch that I can load apps to - I just don't have the on the go digital internet connection when I'm on the road. So ... the thing comes down to if I want to pay an additional $70 a month for things that are nice to have and a combination all in one unit of things I already have??? In the end I convinced myself not. We will probably go with a cheap use it as you need it Tracfone to give us the security of having a cell phone when we are out and about. It uses the Verizon towers out here so there's no benefit to Verizon's phones or Tracfones. The Verizon store phone guy fibbed a bit - he said Verizon offered phones with stronger signals than you could get at Walmart with the no contract Verizon phones and we proved that is totally NOT the case. So there went the argument for Tracfone having cheaper quality phones. Ahhhh - such first world problems, eh???? Also part of the problem of living in a rural area with lots of hills and slopes that interfer with the radio signals. I think DH is happy that I'm not fighting him on the cell phone thing... neither of us were pig headed about it, we were just trying to justify what was the best option for the money.

Laura - I think you sealed the deal on a rental with the Oz movie - renting from the library for free sounds even better ;) thanks for your input. I saw that episode of Worst Cooks too - I saved it because I'm interested in trying their technique of stir fried rice and lo mein but the second part of the show with the cakes - I agree. Would surely lose my interest in cake (not that I'm a big fan anyway) with their techniques and flavor choices. Oooh a girls weekend in Lake Geneva sounds wonderful. We always liked that town for a get away weekend. Sounds like you'll have a great time. Hope you do well on the weigh in today.

Michelle - oh oh - let me clarify. :o My comment about well intentioned friend was certainly not directed at you. What I meant was that your roomie went out with a friend who probably was trying to be supportive (no doubt roomie was unloading feelings) and well meaning friend was like - ok, let's have a few drinks. Sadness can cause one to consume an awful lot of wine / drinks/ food. Next thing you know, you've gotten your friend toasted and drop her off at the door of her apartment where the new roomate wonders geez what is this???? So I was trying to say and it came out awkward that she probably had good intentions to take her out and get her to let her hair down and then things went a bit overboard. Ooops. I'm really glad that Santa is getting along well with Rusty. I'm sure in his own doggie way he is glad for the company and that has to be a bit of a relief for you now that things are not so inviting at the ex's house. How nice that the massage was able to help you! Well worth the money I'd say and probably something you should treat yourself to once a month - make a can for it and drop in spare change and bills when you can.

Annie - ex and his new "squeeze" certainly do not look like a fun loving couple. So you're saying that you were once married to Bad Santa's brother? :rofl: :lol3: oh that just amused me to no end - hahahahahahahah I'm surprised he produced such happy looking kids like yours - although that probably means they take after you, right? :lol: I'm glad you decided to accept the challenge. Sounds like you are off to a great start and remember that Spanx hides alot of sins. Everyone on TV - even people I thought were thin and didn't need them - seems to wear Spanx. Seriously - there's so much fake on TV - fake hair, nails, extension, push up bras, spanx, photoshopping pictures - sets such an impossibly high standard for the rest of us that we can never achieve. :( So I try not to look in mirrors too much and avoid cameras. ;) You keep eating that speecy spicy food girl as long as it doesn't cause you tummy issues. Will help boost that metabolism. Can you sweet talk the coworker into another smoked chicken? *bats eyelashes and smiles pretty pretty *

Mel - good luck with the laundry - I may see your load and raise you two ;)
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...ndrysmilie.gif

The sun finally came out. DH has to go out and pick up some feed for the animals - I will tell him to return the cell phone before I change my mind. My foot is a little sore today - the cortesone irritates the surrounding tissue for a day or two but that will pass. So I'll stay home today and do some things around the house. I have so much to do - need to make a list, complete a task instead of flitting around as I do.

Have a good day chicks.