3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldlies Marking March as a Month of Movement and Mirth (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/276728-worldlies-marking-march-month-movement-mirth.html)

Shad 03-05-2013 11:37 PM

I can't see these pictures of Annies wee man. Maybe they were on facebook?? and I missed them there as well

happy2bme 03-06-2013 02:19 AM

Yes Shad, Annie's pictures were posted on FB.

MELODY525 03-06-2013 07:32 AM

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.

NO PERSONALS TODAY. MAYBE LATER ON.
WE'RE HAVING A SNOW MEETING AT 8 & I AM NOT DRESSED.
PROBLEMS STILL WITH THE ALARM SYSTEM.
IT'S STILL WORKING ON MY END BUT NOT LETTING A TEST CALL THRU.
WHAT A MESS EVERYTHING IS IN. IT'S CALLED PROCRASTINATION.
IGOING TO BRING THIS TOPIC UP AT THE MEETING.
I AM THE EMERGENCY NUMBER THE COMPANY CALLS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT:faint:

OK.....ENOUGH WHINING FOR THE DAY. SORRY. LATER GATORS.

diyana 03-06-2013 09:18 AM

quick check in -

Annie - I hope you get a snow day! Stay safe, sista.

Mel - I hope the snow meeting goes well. Don't work too hard or stress out. Make sure there are other people available to help out.

As for me...I'm ready for the weekend...and it's only frassin' Wednesday. :faint:

Gotta go. I hope you're all doing well.

Love and hugs to all,

ceejay52 03-06-2013 09:27 AM

Laura
I forgot to congratulate you on those 4 pounds lost. That's great.

Mel
You can vent here any time.
-------

The guys left another mess in the bathroom but my what a difference it makes. They grouted the tile and sprayed in another pop corn ceiling. Pop corn ceilings bothers some people but it doesn't me. I feel like I've gotten a brand new bath room. I didn't exercise last night due to this but told myself that's okay also.

annie175 03-06-2013 09:29 AM

No snow day for me. Was at work on time. Roads were clear for the most part. On and off ramps were bad. LAURA got hit pretty hard. Sassy is not liking it one bit. We got right at 5". When she stands out in the snow, half of her body is covered. Too funny and I am sure very cold.

I will be back later, gotta get busy...

diyana 03-06-2013 10:01 AM

Laura - Congrats on the phenomenol weight loss!! :bravo: Are you still digging out from all the snow? Did you get the day off today to dig out? Where I live, we got about an inch - finally my area got LESS than other areas! But in areas to the south of Milwaukee, they got between 6" and 12". Stay safe.

Ceejay - So happy for you that you got a new bathroom!

Annie - Bummer you didn't get a snow day...but I'm envious of your 50+ degree temps this weekend. I'm sure Sassy will enjoy the 50+ temps better than the 5+ inches of snow. :)

Laura705 03-06-2013 10:53 AM

Morning all.

Michelle - Nope, no snow day for me. I didn't have any trouble getting to work. When people have enough time to clear their property the night before, the walks are nice and clear and easy to navigate the next morning. Glad you didn't get hit with this!

Annie - Didn't catch the facebook photos of the li'l guy, but I'm sure he's growing like a weed. No, Coal doesn't like the deep snow in the yard either. But milder temps are forecast and hopefully the snow will melt quickly. Glad you're liking Downton Abbey. I liked the Hart of Dixie the couple times I've seen it, but I can't recall when it airs or what channel. I'll have to use my TV Guide app on my iphone to find it and get it set to dvr.

Ceejay - I guess you have to take the mess to get through to the finished product - a new bathroom sure sounds nice! :) We have to re-caulk our tub, but it's a PITA because we can't use it while it dries. Guess we could use our gym's showers. This is when another full bathroom would come in handy.

Mel - No need to apologize for venting here - go right ahead. Hope you're the big squeaky wheel at this meeting - those alarms sounds like a real PITA.

Happy - Glad the med/dental expense totals weren't too hard to recreate. Usually meatloaf doesn't appeal to me, but I must be craving some comfort food like that right now - it sounds yummy! Of course going out to eat also appeals. I think I've got some feelings of deprivation going on in my head at the moment... Yes, if I have to go to jury duty, it's at the 26th and California courthouse. Never been there, but I here it's in a horsesh*t neighborhood. I guess I better check into transportation and be prepared in the event I have to show up there.

Hi Shad!!
+++
Thanks for all the congrats on my weight loss. I'm still getting used to the points system and I have to say that I'm feeling a bit resistant at the moment. No, I did not bring up in yesterday's ww meeting that I was shocked about one packet of horseradish sauce being 4 points. Not after someone said they were taken by surprise when a restaurant salad they ate part of had 38 points! Really in the mood for something junky. Maybe one of these days I will use all my points on a giant bag of Doritos, LOL. The kicker is that I imagine "all my points" for a day would be nowhere near enough to eat the quantity that I would want to eat. :lol: Guess I will have to save up those weekly points for that...

Okay, I really have nothing much to say so I guess I will get this posted and get ready for my 10 am meeting. TTFN!

happy2bme 03-06-2013 11:51 AM

Hello ladies,

Bright sunny day out there. The temps are slowly moving a couple of degrees past freezing for a high so maybe some of this snow will melt. DH went out back the other day to check on his trail and he said he got stuck in the snow - didn't realize it was so deep back there. I was watching the turkeys navigate out back and they looked like they were having a hard time in the deep snow even with those ski pole bird legs of theirs. I suppose balancing on one leg with those giant feather ball bodies is rather awkward. I can only imagine how difficult it would be for poor Sassy.

Yesterday was a pretty quiet day. Nothing special except I got a few more hugs than usual. :hug: The meatloaf came out pretty good. We might go out to dinner tonight. Might go pick up more storage shelving too. We should get the new UTV by the end of the week - hope so because DH is antsy to get it. Even with a 3 car garage and 2 storage buildings we are running out of room to put stuff. The ATV, plow, trackter mower, 2 cars and large utility carts that attach to the ATV for hauling brush sure do take up alot of room. Not to mention the big trailer that sits on the open cement pad next to the garage. When looking for a house up this way you have to keep in mind that storage is important so having out buildings or flat land to build space is really important. I never thought we'd run out of room. This is really messing up the commune plans :lol:

Glad you guys didn't get pounded with the snow. At least it made for a reasonable commute.

Laura - bummer on the jury duty. There's public transportation out that way but it's going to take you 3 hours each way and there's no way I'd ever stand out there waiting for the bus and el. Better plan on driving if you have to. As for the WW points - I felt the same way you did. I'd have stuff I thought was healthy and reasonable and man it was pointy. Now if you're having ice cream and pasta and cakes I could understand... Don't know how people who get to goal and only have 18 or 20 points a day do it. On the other hand, with a packet of sauce being 4 points I guess it shows how easy the calories add up in sneaky ways and even if we think we are not eating much, we could easily be taking in enough calories not to loose. I have yet to stop resisting the resentment of it all ;) I guess the other option is to ramp up the exercise to cover the calories of the extra Doritos :lol: Baked Doritos. ;)

Mel - hope you don't get alot of snow and it's not too chaotic by you.

Can't spend alot of time on personals now - sorry - DH is making some oatmeal and as soon as he's done he's going to be bugging me about going out so I'd better find something quick to eat before I have to go all day with nothing in my tummy.

Later chicks...

MELODY525 03-07-2013 07:52 AM

Sorry I Never Got Back Here.
The Day Got Away From Me.
I'll Try And Catch Up Later On.
Have A Great Day.

ceejay52 03-07-2013 09:29 AM

Disappointed in my weigh in this morning. I have not been doing the mrc diet sheet and it showed, up to 201 again. ugh.
But there is one thing I'm very proud of. I set myself a goal of 10 miles last night. That amount was almost 45 minutes so I ended up riding 10.5 miles to get 46 minutes. Then completed my 20 minute dvd work out.

Time to get on with my day. I'll be back later for personals.

diyana 03-07-2013 09:40 AM

quick post....at work....

Ceejay - don't be too hard on yourself, with all the exercise you could be building muscle. And :bravo: on all the exercise! You're doing great!!! I need to get back on that bandwagon. So...this week, get back to doing your MRC diet sheet, and hopefully the results will show on the scale next time. :)

I'll try and do more personals this evening. As for what's new with me, my friend is moving in tonight...she doesn't have much that she's bringing with her tonight, just what she can fit in her car. She may bring more over this weekend. So when I get home, I'll inflate the queen-size mattress and put the bed linens on it, and place a set of towels in her room.

I hope you're all doing well.

Much love and many hugs,

Laura705 03-07-2013 10:45 AM

Morning all.

Michelle - Another big change for you - a roommate. I don't know how you do it!!! But it'll be good - for both of you - to have the company.

Ceejay - Excellent job on the exercise!! :whoo: Don't worry, you'll get back on track with the eating - your success with your exercise goals has got to be motivating for you. :)

Hi Mel!!! Just noticed your new avatar - how cute!! :)

Happy - As long as you have more flat land to build on, the commune will be okay. :D All those buildings make me think of the show "American Pickers" - all the buildings on these rural properties they visit are filled to the gills with years and years of "collecting" by the owners or their parents, grandparents, etc. Some of it must be hoarding because what enjoyment do they get out of all these objects when they're buried and can't be seen? As for my ww "points resentment" - they're isn't enough exercise I could do to work off all the Doritos I could eat, LOL. I guess I might have to spend some time on the 3fc and ww forums for some tasty low point food finds. Everyone knows the eating is 80% and exercise is 20%...unless you live a "Biggest Loser" lifestyle. ;)

Hi Annie, Shad, Patty!! :wave:
===
Okay, another slow-moving week finally getting to the end. I'm taking a half-day of vacation next Friday - looking forward to that.

The loose ends of our office furniture purchase will hopefully be tied up today. Bf's been playing phone tag with the guy at the furn. place for some time now, and finally got in touch with him the other day. Instead of making an arrangement for the guy to meet out by us (he actually used to live on our block, and still lives in the area), bf will just go to the furn. place and pick up the odds and ends they promised us to make up for the botched delivery - a nice adjustable keyboard tray, pencil tray, the missing rail for one of the lateral file drawers, etc. Since bf has a friend who works right around the corner, he'll take advantage of the trip to meet him for lunch.

That's about it for me. Time to get back to it.

annie175 03-07-2013 12:04 PM

MELLIE...is it your birthday or do I have it wrong again? If it is...well then happy birthday, if not then happy early birthday!!!

Laura705 03-07-2013 12:13 PM

Annie - Yes it is Mel's birthday today!! I have a cheat sheet but what I really need is a bonk on the head to remind me!! :frypan:

Happy Birthday Mel!!!

:celebrate: :bday2you:

...and many more!!