Old 04-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #181  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Hey ladies

Have been in the Twilite Zone lately I need to come back here to support & get support . Still on nights have gained about 10 lbs. Hope all is well with everyone else

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 04-20-2013 at 05:55 PM.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #182  
Low Carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeriloos View Post
@Lyss- What program are you following to lose weight you are doing fantastic! I tried low carb and had great success but I would always , always eat myself back to the 230's , its really stupid I dont know why . But I'm so lost right now I gained 9 lbs in 2 days when I went off low carb so its very depressing to me I do not know what I'm doing anymore and I almost want to quit but I know I can't .
I SWEAR WE COULD BE SISTERS !
Old 04-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #183  
Low Carb

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyChoice2bfit View Post
Hi Liz, Dee and Victoria and Lee Anne--I hope you find us!

THANKS for not giving up on me
Old 04-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #184  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey guys,i took my new motivation on a bike ride with the family. We went on different trails,and the park,on the last trail we stopped to rest under a gazebo and w wasps came out after i sat down. My husband told the kids to run I picked up my toddler and began to run when my foot hit the sand i got stung and lost balance and rolled my ankle it sounded like a soda can crushing,i couldn't walk I thought it was broken. After we had a minute to regroup I manage to get on my bike and pedal with one foot to the car we went to the ER and I have a badly sprained sank ed bruised and swollen,i still cannot w walk but crawl to the bathroom.Thank God its nit broken but im praying tomorrow i can workout. What a rough couple days,its ok im gona be fine and at least i get some time to soak my feet :-).

Spunky,i think in gonna try eating less carbs again while incorporating some tips from Jillian Michaels and just bust my butt working out
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #185  
Low Carb

I agree with the less carbs I have done well so far today & it's past noon. I can do the rest of the day I'm sure of it good luck to you all. I just have an issue with the movin' my booty part. Sorry about your ankle & take it easy you don't want to make things worse
Old 04-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #186  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniDoodles View Post
Lyss, TY for the kale info, I thought U'd give me the brand instead of your 'bag' I googled it & they r based in CA & FL so I e-mailed them. Their website doesn't say what states/stores they r in, but a hit came-up w WholeFoods & thats 2 hrs from me, they have recipes on their site: http://www.harvestsensations.com/index.php
I figured I'd do it that way in case there was other info on the bag I buy them from the local stores here (Dierbergs and Schnucks). I'm not sure if you have any of those near you?

For tonight's dinner, I took a bag of Mann's brand brussel sprouts (pre-packaged bought in produce section) and sliced them in half, tossed in a pan with onion and some bacon. Yum! We also grilled up a couple of steaks and some pork kabobs.

Yesterday DH and I did our usual weekend walk on the nearby trail, but this time we ran for 1-2 minutes, then walked for 1-2 minutes for a total of 5.65 miles. We also did some sprints instead of light jogging and that really got the ol' heart racing. I impressed myself that I could do it. I was definitely exhausted when we were done.

Off to give the youngest a bath. Have a nice Sunday evening ladies!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #187  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeriloos View Post
Hey guys,i took my new motivation on a bike ride with the family. We went on different trails,and the park,on the last trail we stopped to rest under a gazebo and w wasps came out after i sat down. My husband told the kids to run I picked up my toddler and began to run when my foot hit the sand i got stung and lost balance and rolled my ankle it sounded like a soda can crushing,i couldn't walk I thought it was broken. After we had a minute to regroup I manage to get on my bike and pedal with one foot to the car we went to the ER and I have a badly sprained sank ed bruised and swollen,i still cannot w walk but crawl to the bathroom.Thank God its nit broken but im praying tomorrow i can workout. What a rough couple days,its ok im gona be fine and at least i get some time to soak my feet :-).

Spunky,i think in gonna try eating less carbs again while incorporating some tips from Jillian Michaels and just bust my butt working out

Tori - Sorry to hear all that happened, hope your ankle feels better soon. I know that exact sound you're talking about, did that about two years ago falling off our back patio. Glad everyone is okay, hope kids didn't get stung. Take care of yourself and feel better girl!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #188  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies …hope you all had a good weekend …I had my first “cheat” meal in over three weeks on Saturday night , I really do think you need one of those once in a while, a high calorie day…they say our metabolism needs it, after it gets used to me eating 1500 cals a day, I needed to throw it a curveball, haha..I did hear though that on the BL ranch they have one day where it’s really high calorie per Bob…we had my favorite pizza and then doughnuts later on for something sweet …it tasted so good going down but boy did I pay for it …it was all the sugar from the doughnuts I think …I really cut down my sugar for the last three weeks so all that sugar really threw by body for a loop I guess….and I was SO full ….I know they say you shouldn’t really look at it as a “cheat” thing since that is part of disorder, but that is they way I’ve always said it so ……..anyhoo ….

Got a Dr’s appt today to check my blood pressure and make sure the meds are working out well …I hate going just for that…I’m there like 15 mins and pay her 130.00 …SO not worth it to me …

Somebody here at work is wearing some kind of new perfume, lotion, or some candle that is making me sneeze and my nose go crazy...so inconsiderate when they know a lot of us have allergies and issue with that stuff, but I find that as a whole people really don’t care around here as long as it’s not bothering them personally.

Sorry, been a bad morning already …traffic was horrible coming in and now I’m a bit grumpy …

Dee – As for my thoughts during my time off, I find that every once in a while I just need to be alone and not talk …helps me re-center myself I guess…dh was on a fishing trip for a few days so it was “me” time…and while I enjoyed ( and needed ) it for the first two days, by the third I was missing him terribly and ready for him to be home.
I like Ali Vincent too …I need to watch her little show. Good luck with the challenge, I know you will do great.

Lyss – thanks for sharing the bag picture, I think I have seen that brand at Whole Foods…Gonna check there this week, especially since Dee said she saw online that they have it

Susie – Hi, hope you had a good weekend.

Tori – I’m glad to hear that you loved the show and that you took some helpful things away from it. I also compare myself to others weights and weight losses…so that is a good reminder …need to think of it as my own personal journey , each of us are different and gonna lose at our own pace. And I will say that I think the only reason I have lost 10 lbs so quickly is from dropping my carbs way down...go back and try it again…sorry to hear about your ankle, that sucks…hope it’s better soon.

LeeAnne – so good to hear from you again. Keep in touch !!

Food April 21
B = none
L = low carb pasta, tossed with little butter and parm – 450 cals
S = green tea – 65, popcorn – 175
D = Steak tacos ( mmmmmm ) …4 corn tortillas – 160, s cream – 120, pico de gallo – 25, skirt steak – 300
Total for day – 1295
*** way under my 1600 goal cals per day, but the night before was the pizza and doughnut night so was trying to eat lighter

Have a great day all !!!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #189  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. This thread is busy. So nice to read the posts.

I had a full, but fun weekend. While it was fun, I need to stop cramming my life so full so that I have a little down time. I'm like Carri, I need time where I can just be quiet and home.

Today at lunch I listend to the 3rd week series of a TOPS self-help program. It was all on motivation and said a lot of things we already know but it said then when we are looking for motivation you should focus on what is making us uncomfortable.

To think about the challenges that we face now at the weight we currently are such as lack of energy, lack of stamina, issues with clothing, poor self-estem. If you try to remember that you want these things to go away, then you will motivate yourself to work your food plan, move your body, journal..etc to reach your goal for weight-loss.

It made me really think and hit a "spot" with me. Just thought I would share.

LeeAnne: So good to see you back! Stick with us and we will help you get moving and on plan!

Lyss: So proud of you and that 5 mile workout. Doesn't it feel great to do something you thought your couldn't? It is very motivating.

Carri: I hope your day in the office turns goes better...at least tomorrow! How was your blood pressure?

Dee: Thanks for asking about DH. Things are great with his heart. He is still in rhythm so no AFIB which was the problem. They addressed his depression and weight-gain in the office. DH didn't like it, but he has in place a plan for counseling which he starts tonight. He is meeting with our Pastor first and then perhaps move on to the consuling sessions that we get free with our insurance. We get 10 of them. We found faith based counselors and he is happy with that because our faith is a big part of who we are and we want it inclued in the sessions.

I'm going to check out the link that you sent. I haven't heard of Ali and her show before. Thanks for sharing about it.

Tory: I am glad you enjoyed Jillian! It was fun to text with you while you where there. I'm so happy that you went and faced the fear of going.

I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle! It's going to affect your cardio exercise for a bit, so be sure to cut back your calories and eat healthy. Also, you might think about doing some chair exercises where you have your arms above your heart...it will get your heart rate up and help burn calories.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #190  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. It's going to be a beautiful day here in Ohio today. I have heard we might get some rain later on. I hope it holds off so that my walking partner and I can walk outside tonight.

Last night was a busy night for me. DH went to his counseling, which he was in a good mood when he got home and he said it was helpful and is looking forward to the next one. It is funnly, he was telling me all these things that the Pastor had said to him..and they were all things that I had said to him at one time or another. I guess sometimes we can be to close to help? That's ok..I will support him as he goes through this counseling and that is what I think he needs. I am know just listening and affirming.

I did my exercise at work yesterday, walked 3.5 miles, as I knew I wouldn't get a chance last night to work out because I was cooking dinner.
I am not a cook...I don't like to do it but I made pork chops, macc and cheese steamed broccoli and sweet potatoes. DH said it was very good.

I was within my calories yesterday..so yeah..one day donw and on-plan!

Have a great day everyone and I look forward to reading the posts.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #191  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies !!!! Woke up to TOM this morning and cramps …so gonna be a fun one, lol !!!

Susie – my dr appt didn’t go well, my bp was way up for some reason ( 130/100 ) …top number not really the issue but the bottom number was too high, and normally my bp isn’t that high, I was wondering if it wasn’t the PMS and anxiety I was having yesterday, but she went ahead and up’d my meds …hopefully with me continuing to lose weight I can lower them back down soon.
Thanks for sharing the TOPS message, that is SO true …when I think about clothes shopping that is the worst for me…will be glad when it is no longer a issue. This will keep me on track.
I’m glad that dh’s counseling went well for him, I hope it continues to keep him in a good mood and raise him up.
Great job for staying within your calories and exercising !!!
I think we are supposed to get that rain too …I thought I heard more towards the evening though

Hi everyone !!!! Have a great day.

Food 4/22
B = blueberry breakfast biscuit – 230
L = 3 Arbys Jr roast beefs, only eating one bun – 360
S = Lunchable, only ¾’s of the crackers, meat and cheese – 200
D = 1 ½ pces of Gortons fish filet – 180, half cup of whole wheat couscous – 120
S = rotisserie chicken bites ( picking as I made chicken salad haha ) – 80, celery with peanut butter – 160
Total for day – 1330
*** When I went to bed I was starving, my stomach was growling, I knew at that point that I had eaten not enough calories…gonna do better today in keeping up towards as least 1500…who would have ever thought my issue would be not eating enough calories and not too many, haha !!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #192  
It is what it is...

I'm really paying for eating too low of cals yesterday , I'm STARVING today....guess I'll pop in a pce of gum so I don't start mindlessly eating.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #193  
Sandee

Fireee my mouth was on fire from the 'spicy turkey sauceage patty' I put in my jumbo salad w 4 veggies, lo cals/carbs but way tooo much food... I'm cooling my mouth w fat-free whip.topping mixed w fat-free choc. pudding-cup & finishing my Late lunch w U. Confession is a good memory lesson/'no more turkey sauceage patty in my salads'.... That huge spinach salad stuffed me, I'm telling dh to bring a pizza home for his supper tonight... I don't want to b w food tonight.
Tori, LeeAnn & Lyss, how r U doing this week
Susie, so nice to hear dh is enjoying counseling. U said dh needs to lose some lbs, casually open-up a few tops bks on pages of men that lost weight for dh to view. My dh looks @ my monthly bks if I have them open. About cooking for your dh, I'd use the tops-plate guidelines for men's weight & have him read that on the tops site & also http://www.choosemyplate.gov/ for his meals & bookmark. What's the church U & dh attend? A Christian radio station we often listen to is http://www.myflr.org/ FamilyLifeRadio, w locally broadcast station 1 hr from me. I think its very wonderful that U r involving your faith. 1 healthy-tasty thing I do w my dressing is to pour it around the inside of my bowl rim @ the salad edge & for the salad's I serve so the salad is never over-coated/soggy & the guest can remove as much as desired. Eating out I ask for dressing on the side & pour it around the bowl rim, so I don't look odd dipping my fork into the tiny cup @ restaraunts like 'diet tips suggest' to control the dressing. When your dh eats healthier meals w portion control his moods Will Improve along w activities. Try doing some relaxing couples sports to. WoW walking 3.5 miles, I am so Happy for U. Ali Vincent, bio: 5'5" 234 lbs & lost -112 lbs is the 1st female Biggest Loser winner from Season 5, after being voted-off the show, she came back & won. http://livewellnetwork.com/Live-Big-...nt/bio/8311150

Carri, sorry about your BP Its good to 'get centered' & have a stay-vaca from work. Living here it's so relaxing that I forget about life in the suburbs. I hope your plan to buy a home in the country or near the water happens for U this year. We're 25 minutes from 3 large cities w Universities & my Target, Kroger, Kohls, Macy's, Bed,Bath Beyond, etc that I shop @ weekly & use Amazon, etc. We live 10-15 minutes from 4 lakes/beaches & small towns. If we did have to live in a big city we'd find a peaceful neighborhood & we'd have a big yard for our 'veggie-flower garden, our hot-tub, basketball hoop, horse-shoe pits & our swim. pool; then drive to the lake, woods & bike trails on the weekends & go camping.
Just read your post--Carri--Quickly grab a Big pickle or Almonds or drink a huge glass of Water....

Last edited by miniDoodles; 04-23-2013 at 02:53 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #194  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

I"m almost back to walking normal again. I soo hate this. Gonna start fresh tomorrow , ride my bike and walk and just try to heal up soon .
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #195  
It is what it is...

Hello Ladies !!!!!

Boy is my body changing, and by body I mean stomach area…lol…that is my main problem area…I literally am the exact definition of the old “spare tire”, it looks like I have one around me when I’m at my highest weight…and everytime I have a good loss it starts to deflate, a lot, and I love that…and once I get close to the single digit two’s ( like I am now ) it really makes a big difference…I’m in a good place right now. Now TOM is not making things easy on me this week…I don’t know about you girls but when I am on that I am hungrier and craving sweets ( which is not normal for me , I’m more of a bread type of girl haha ) ….but I am trying to be diligent and eat more protein and fiber during this time to stave off the cravings….this helps me keep my mind on more important things…like the cramps and the headaches, lol !!!!

Yesterday me and a couple of my coworkers walked to the local Subway and got our lunch instead of driving, it definitely was an NSV for me for sure….because as most of you know I am naturally lazy ( haha ) but it was gorgeous outside and felt good to get out and move some.

Dee – you are so lucky to live out where you do, I really do hope we can find something similar this year…I just really want a peaceful place to go to, away from all the city life…now I do want to be close to a city ( like you ), within 15-20 but just outside of it on some land.
I’m already getting kind of stressed though from all you have to go thru with selling a house at same time as buying, I just want to get it done and be where I’m gonna be for good.
Good advice, I did go then and get a bottled water and guzzled it.

Tori – so glad to hear that you are healing up, I know it sucks when something like this sidelines you …but you just have to relax and let the body heal….and p.s. I just noticed in your wedding pic that your new husband is quite the cutie….hubba hubba….LOL !!!!

Food 4/23
B = plain bagel ( hollowed out ) – 210, cream cheese – 60
L = Subway, roasted chicken 6 inch on wheat with light mayo packet – 355
S = 2 mini twizzlers – 30, english muffin – 100, 1 T natural pb with honey – 100
D = homemade chicken salad – 200, sandwich thin – 90, tortilla chips – 190, homemade salsa – 30
S = 1.5 servings of honey nut cheerios – 150, lactose free milk ( ¾ cup ) – 100
Total for day – 1615

Have a great day Ladies !!!