Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #166  
It is what it is...

Morning ladies, sorry I have been MIA, took a few days off from work...the scale has been VERY kind to me...stepped on this morning and it read 214.4...that means I have lost 10 lbs since April 3rd...I'm VERY excited
I have been doing it by dropping my carbs ( that's why I won't try the new McD's wrap Dee, those wraps are SO high in carbs ) and watching my calories....I'm on a roll now.

I have missed too much to do personal replies but I have missed you all.

Have a great day.

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #167  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Carri- That is outstanding! Proud of you!! get it girl !!

Susie-don't worry his foul mood will pass he knows you are only nudging him in the right direction because you love him
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #168  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Grrrrr.....just had this long reply all written out and this site cleared it before I was finished typing, hate when that happens.

Carri - awesome on the loss!

Torri - love your idea! can we all visit down in your neck of the woods

Susie - hoping everything gets better soon. Sending prayers your way.

Dee - that Yonanas machine sounds like something my kiddos would love, I'll have to look into getting one.

I weighed in at 191.0 this morning, hoping to get into that 180's thread soon!

Having salmon and sauteed kale for dinner tonight. Carri you asked about this before, all I do is add some olive oil to a pan and saute till softened. I buy this bag of chopped kale that comes with slivered carrots and red cabbage, love it! Kids are wanting toasted ravioli tonight, so I'll be making that as well. Made sloppy joe stuffed grands biscuits for them last night, they loved them.

Had to go to Target earlier to buy some new tees. All my old ones look like dresses now

Getting hungry so I'm going to make myself a chicken salad for now. Talk to you ladies later!

Lyss
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #169  
~Tori~

@ Susie @ Lyss _ Sounds good to me! today , I went to do my workout and could not find the remote anywhere! I use my playstation as a dvd player and I looked in the couches behind, i even lifted them up, pulled out the recliners, looked in the kids room bathroom kitchen. I thought o my gosh Today will be the first day I miss and I'd be super guilty Istarted thinking of someone to call who had a playstation remote, then I found a wired one! yay! (i normally use the wireless one, but who cares! I did my workout and it was not as hard as the first time. Idk if its my self tanner that I used but I feel like my legs, which are my trouble area are looking good , still jiggly but better.
I took my measurements again and everything is mostly the same , i figure I'll measure again in 2 weeks on may 1st. I went to publix and the scale said 220.5 with clothes on! I'll take it but I know it could be wrong. Its ok I'll check monday morning on my scale then go to publix just to see if its accurate. for peace of mind.

I hope each and everyone of you will feel strong, confident, and motivated to do what you have got to do for yourselves and your families today.

bye

Last edited by cheeriloos; 04-18-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #170  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Anyone having rain again this week The poor horses & animals need hip-boots to go outside to potty
Carri Congrat's on --10 poundddddsssssss I'll b the victim Friday & eat the new McD. wrap & report back w the nutrition info. I didn't go to the post-office to pick up my Yonana today, the rain was nasty, I'll play w it this weekend & post my review

Susie R U still writing the tops-club newsletter? I hope your WI was good today. My dh got his cancer 3 yr prior to my brother's lung cancer (he died after 2 yr his diagnosis) & my brother said he always felt rejuvenated after being w my dh; because they were 'on the same road, together' & 'only they could understand the effect of cancer being in their body'. Maybe your dh could hook-up w a support group w his health condition & see how they cope & he'd bond w somebody getting a new friend. U r doing your best & U r right the rest is up to him...The gloomy weather we've had all winter could b bumming-out your dh also; nobody's had lots of energy w this crazy-bad winter. My dh is 48 & taking chemo RX since he's 43 & that stuff has side-effects & the RX that your dh takes may b giving him probs too & causing his depression Your both in our prayers

Lyss your dinner made me hungry, so yummy. Come back here to chat w us, if U leave to join the 180's thread U mentioned. Hey when your new tee's get big, add some ruching to each side/each sleeve; ruching is cute, easy & instyle; or add a belt, or sew a inside casing for elastic to accent your new skinny waist Or U can cut-off straight across the sleeves & sew that to the bottom hem of a tee that fits & make a color-block summer tee-shirt dress U can play Vera Wang w your bigger clothes as U watch those pounds falling-off your body

Tori, whoa girl U r really in a exercise mode Don't forget to get back to us about your day w Jillian on Friday
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #171  
There I am!

Made it to 189.8 this morning! Barely have a foot in the 180's but I'll take it

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.....I have also been posting in the "decade" threads and it's always a mini-goal to reach a new one

I don't know how I dropped over 1lb yesterday seeing how I ate a ton of "trashed" hot wings yesterday for lunch, weird. The only reason I did was because DH had an MRI yesterday and we were in the area of this place that has the best hot wings. I did work it into my calories though.

It is cold and windy here today. It rained all day yesterday and lots of creeks flooded and roads were closed. This weather has been crazy lately. 85 degrees two days ago and I swear I just saw some flurries driving down the road.

Off to get make myself breakfast, happy Friday ladies!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #172  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies, thanks for all the congrats and encouragement ...it really helps me along.

Lyss – Sorry !!!! Brain fart on the asking about sautéed kale again, haha ….wish I could find a mixed bag like that…my store doesn’t have much, maybe need to go to a bigger organic store…I go to Whole Foods sometimes, will look there …

Tori – you are doing really well girl !!! I can’t wait to hear about how you liked Jillian …isn’t that this weekend? I checked on tickets but they were so expensive here…I know you are going to learn a lot and have a great time…excited for you.

Dee – yes we have had nasty rain all week here too …I like it for a little while then it depresses me ….last night on the Clean Eating page I am in on fb they were all talking about how much they LOVED their Yonanas, so I’m sure you will love it too …but can’t wait to hear about it

Susie – sorry to hear about dh, I know we all go thru those periods and my dh does too …I hope it gets better for you both soon, I know it effects you so much too. Hugs.
I wasn’t really on vacation , just took a few days off work to decompress and get my thoughts together …

I hope you all have a great weekend !!!!

Food 4/19/13
B = egg mcmuffin – 300
L = 12 pizza rolls – 420, green tea – 65
S = frozen blueberry yogurt – 100
D = made pizza on low carb wrap with grated string cheese as mozzarella and pepperoni – 430
S = pork rinds – 160
Total for day - 1475
Old 04-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #173  
There I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satine View Post
Lyss – Sorry !!!! Brain fart on the asking about sautéed kale again, haha ….wish I could find a mixed bag like that…my store doesn’t have much, maybe need to go to a bigger organic store…I go to Whole Foods sometimes, will look there …

No, no, no.....I meant you asked about it before but I hadn't replied till now
Sorry, didn't mean to be confusing

Last edited by thnknthin1; 04-19-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #174  
~Tori~

@Lyss- What program are you following to lose weight you are doing fantastic!

@ Carri- Thank You! Its tonight, it was expensive for us both to go so I am going alone, its our 3 month wedding anniver , Im sad to go alone but I have got to do something for me once in a while.

@ Dee-Yeah I am completely throwing myself into this workout plan because I do not know what to do anymore .

I contacted a therapist to see if I could get help with overeating, but then I figured I couldnt afford it so I backed out. I tried low carb and had great success but I would always , always eat myself back to the 230's , its really stupid I dont know why . I am so upset right now. I am having such a hard time, I am working out really hard. I am eating my calories right and I just really hate this and I'm losing momentum I think because I'm not seeing results as quick as I did on low carb . But I'm so lost right now I gained 9 lbs in 2 days when I went off low carb so its very depressing to me I do not know what I'm doing anymore and I almost want to quit but I know I can't .

I weighed in again today and I'm still not out of the 220's I want to scream and punch and cry and eat because whats the point you know?
Old 04-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #175  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies,

Thank you so much for always supporting me. I truly feel blessed to be on this thread with all of you (and Mel and Liz who don't post often but come back to check on us from time to time).

I stayed the same at TOPS last night and I am good with that as last week I was trying to get my head back in this game.

Dee: We have had a lot of rain too and it's COLD today and tomorrow. Yesterday it was 82 and today it's only going to get to 52!

Lyss: You are doing great! I hope you have fun buying those new t-shirts.

Carri: 10 lbs! YEAH for you! I am a little jealous that you can take a few days off work to decompress. If I miss a day, when I go back it seems like my work is out of control! I will say I'm looking forward to being off for a few days in June.

Tori: I can't wait to hear what you have to say about seeing Jillian.

See you all tomorrow
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #176  
It is what it is...

Stick with it Tori - you know you can do this, and I think maybe after tonights show with Jillian you might be more inspired to stick with it, and maybe learn some great new things too. Hang in there ....

Also I don't know how "low" carb you were doing, but I do a "lower" carb plan...like 60-80 carbs a day...and that helps me lose pretty good and its not as drastic as the low carb plans like Atkins

Lyss - oh okay I see ...makes sense now, lol
Old 04-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #177  
There I am!

Tori - Thanks! I've been working hard at it. I mainly do low carb, and when I say low carb I'm talking about 30-50 net grams. I've done lower than that, but seem to do just as well at these amounts.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #178  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, All the major channels r still reporting on finding the 2nd Boston bomber; I tuned in LiveWell & the 1st girl winner from the Biggest Loser 'Ali Vincent' has a show, here is a link to her 30 Day Challenge:
http://livewellnetwork.com/Live-Big-...llenge/8940711
I'm starting it Monday after dh goes to work. Ali is sweet, funny & motivating on her show, her 30 Day Challenge will help get me back on track Check her tv show, I like that she makes a fat meal into a healthy meal & motivates working-off our meal cals w people. I ate too many holiday food/calories & I didn't burn them off, I got 'lazy' because of the gloomy winter-mess. I'm below my goal today, I weigh 138 pounds, I'm 5'4", but I 'feel fat' because my legs r 'not tight/toned' being lazy all winter. Sooo Ali is my 30 day coach sorry for venting to you'all, but my dh won't b honest, he says I look hot & men always say that to get their nookie 2x wkly, so I can't believe him.

Lyss I hope your dh's MRI has 'great results'. Hot wings U r a brave girl... I tried the small wrap @ McD today because the new wrap was so biggg & they put bbq sauce on it & my mouth was on Fire for 2 miles, it tasted like 'hot sauce' not bbq. I can handle 'mild' wings but never 'hot'. I eat kale & like to make kale chips to snack-on. What's the brand nameof the bag U buy 'kale w slivered carrots and red cabbage' that would b handy to have ready, I looked @ my groocery store & didn't have it... I'll google the name & see if my local stores carry it.

Susie, I hope life has been good to U & that your dh got a good report from his dr. Hope we hear from U this weekend w good news.

Carri, your food logs r making me hungry Hey, what 'thoughts did U get together' on your time off

Tori, I'm sorry that U hit a wall w your losses, how's your fitbit working for U? Have U seen your doc about your weight prob in case its a medical thing, or could U b pg.... Your Determination IS inspiring sooo Keep on going, it'll get better & easier too
Have a fun weekend everyone
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #179  
There I am!

Dee, I took a pic of the bag I have....kind of wrinkled from the rubber band I use to close it

Old 04-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #180  
~Tori~

Hey Everyone First thing, Thank you all for your support yesterday I just felt so lost , failure etc , you know the feelings. I went to the show last night , It was perfect. I swear she was talking just to me about what happened yesterday. She gave some very simple tips and formulas to help you figure out how much to be eating and overall just made me have the will to keep going.

To stop comparing yourself to your friends weight loss, or how much someone else weighs , stop trying to be better than others but be better than you were. Also to redefine your self image by making small victories. Very simple things but things we don't always realize that we do. Also stop negating your own knowledge and power. To sometimes turn on your BS meter about foods and their claims etc. I'm going to get a heart rate monitor, make sure I'm burning enough calories daily to make sure I lose at least 2lbs a week and I will use it to work at 85% of my maximum heart rate she said thats important.

I know it really sounds like things we already know and have heard but just being there was awesome for me.