The Onederland Express - Hop on here ! #8

You're on Page 3 of 30
Go to
  • Hi you'all just looking @ books today for my new kindle & I needed to check-in to b accountable for eating so silly celebrating V.Day. I should b outdoors walking my doggies, but instead I let them run outside to play in the snow. I'm feeling lazy & I just want to lay on a warm beach in my swimsuit letting the warm waves flow onto me like every summer . I can't wait for this crazy winter to b gone.

Ok, 'silly' is my behavior, because I did not eat sensibly. I had 2 servings instead of 1 serving & my jeans r my 'tattle-tale' by feeling snug today. We ate out V. Day & instead of getting a 1/2 order, I got a whole order which is 2 1/2 servings & I brought home half boxed-up & I ate that on Friday & we all know that restaraunt food is Not cooked nutritiously (lots of fat/sodium when they cook). Last night after the bar/dancing we went out for a midnight breakfast & I ate a delish southern fried steak w extras & a milkshake It's 3:55pm right now & my belly is still full from our midnight breakfast. No bloat, etc. just not hungry since I'm not used to eating more than 1 serving of anything or eating anthing after 8pm. My hubby ate a late breakfast, no church for us today. He's been grazing on choc.covered peanuts all day & flavored popcorn & I've just drank water/tea & a protein-shake w skim milk & strawberries to stay on-track. It is what it-is & I am in charge of what I eat.... I am responsible for Everything I daily do.

Susie, your weekend w your dad-inlaw is wonderful, U r blessed to have a man like him. It's great when the work company has health competitions. Ron's company has been going since 2005 & they give monthly prizes to employees, he's won gifts many times (good BMI, good cholesterol, etc) & it gives free lab-tests assessments quarterly & I take his monthly health newsletter to my tops club & read it (quizzes, puzzles, etc.) winning some prizes @ work!

Everyone here is doing great, We r doing this together & We r heading to the finish line; when we stumble we don't give up We re-focus & keep going We r all winners....
  • Hi Everyone. I was one of those lucky people who had today off from work. I stayed home the entire day. I finished up laundry and relaxed with a book I'm reading. I also finished up some housework and I did some work too.

My work and development plan has to be done by the end of the month and these documents are very intense. I planned to only work for about 2 hours on it and I did--it's ready for my manager and I to look at this week and then tweak it but I made the mistake of opening my email just to see what tomorrow would look like (while our NA offices were closed today, they rest of our Global offices were not) and that was a mistake. I spent the next 3 hours cleaning up issues that all needed answered tomorrow morning...and my morning tomorrow is already taken up by two meetings...so I answered the issues and rearranged things for my manager and now I"m tired AND I missed my workout!!!

I know I let those things happen and I'm mad at myself. However our new contest at work started today and I have done very well with getting my water in and my fruits and veggies....I'm looging my food in my Lose It App again. Everyday just working to stay on track.

I'm about ready to watch the Biggest Loser and then get to bed for some good sleep.

Dee: Being "silly" can be fun but then there is always those tattle tale jeans! You did great getting back on track. It is so good to hear from you.
  • Morning Ladies –

Not much going on here, struggling a bit this week to stay OP …having some good days and bad …like Dee says I am making some “silly” choices…very silly at times…trying to be stronger today and do a lot better.

Dee – yes, my jeans always tell the first tale too, haha ….good way to gauge things…

Susie – good luck in your weight loss challenge at work …ours is going okay, some of us are steadily losing a little each week so I would say mostly it is a success…your job sounds so stressful to me at times…hope you get paid well , lol

I gotta go home and watch the Bachelor tonight, I am behind again …and the Biggest Loser ….hard to believe the Bachelor is almost over …I read online somewhere that he is currently engaged so I guess one of them did do it for him….we shall see !!!

Hi to everyone else !!!!

Have a great day !!!
  • Morning Girls

I hang my head in shame……I just had 5 Girl Scout cookies for breakfast ( Samoa’s my favorite ) …I got nothing else to say about it ….

I have not had a good food week…

Saturday is my parents 40th anniversary and we are going to all celebrate together …I’m looking forward to it….should be fun…they don’t like huge parties and attention so we are not doing anything like that, just something simple ( and us being together ) that lets them know it’s a big deal. My parents are 57 and 58…they got married when they were BABIES literally …..haha ….

Dh and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary this November, and we also got married as babies …we marry young in my family, lol …

Well I caught up on The Bachelor last night and I so didn’t see that coming …who he sent home…************SPOILER ALERT for anyone who hasn’t seen ********************* I really thought he liked Des, but I do think she can thank her brother for that one…he seemed like a real jerk. I thought that prank she pulled on him at first was funny, she really got him…is this coming Monday the finale? I’m just thinking he is going to pick Lindsay for some reason …who do you guys think ?

Have a good day ….here’s to a better food day for me…
  • Hello,

Carri Congrat's for eating ONLY 5 Samoa’s. If U were out of control U would'a ate the whole box Sooo 5 is a good 'stopping place' If U ate protein w it, I'd call it semi-healthy.
    You had a non-thinking-silly moment thats over. Maybe get a notebook; because 'every page is a new day' to start logging your: 'morning-scale naked-weight; all Foods U ate (U don't have to log the # of fat/cals/carbs) just write the 'food' w a 'h'-healthy or 'j'-junk etc beside the food to easily read & see if U r helping your body or damaging-it; plus any activity or exercise U did that day. Logging in your journal is fun, I also have a calendar to record my daily weight before I get dressed, to stay accountable for my daily food so my clothes fit nice.

Did everyone see the Batchelor on Tuesday; Sean was pissed after watching Tierra on TV. I read she's engaged to her rich LasVegas ex-boyfriend now, all the posts r giving him 'condolence congrats'. I also read Sean sees his new fiance' every 2 weeks @ the mansion. I feel the same as Carri wrote about 'Des' & her jerk-off brother, I really liked Des. My 2 fav final girls r: Catherine & AshLee. Spoiler alert, I read he proposes to 1 of my favs. I'm happy for them if that blog is correct, gossip is often wrong. I'll b watching the next 2 Mondays to see who leaves & then who he'll marry, the diamond ring he picks often gives it away by her style. I watched the Taste last night, I wish it was a 2 hour show. Tonight is Survivor so I'm snuggling in bed w my hot cocoa & peppermint sticks, it's been cold & windy all week long

Tuesday=
    Breakfast: chocolate Protein shake & a banana.
    Lunch: 2 chicken egg rolls & 1 slice pizza from the grocery deli.
    Supper: Lasagna & blueberry pie.
    snacks: Hot cocoa & marshmallows.

Susie, Vicki, Alyssa, LeeAnne, Mel & Liz
  • I have been doing well with food until today--I had everything in place for my Director's visit next week and then the big important meeting she was coming for is cancelled and now she isn't coming but she wants to have the meetings that she was planning on having via VCS--sort of like Skype but in these special rooms we have--so I'm back to the drawing board..got to see if the rooms are available and also we need to have the meeting before 1 our time as the UK is 5 hrs ahead. The only good thing is that what I had to squish into 6 hours can now be spread over the week.

So, I soothed myself with about 6 pieces of dark chocolate--3 would have been enough. This happens right? I usually allow myself some sort of sweet at dinner but tonight I will tell myself that I have already had it.

I am pretty much caught up on the Batchelor but I didn't see the "tell all" show with Sean. I will get to it this weekend. I was disappointed that he let Des go. I thought he would let Catherine go. She seems ok and fun but I don't think she is really ready to settle down for marriage yet. I felt so sad for Des because he kept saying he didn't want it to be this way and she kept saying "then don't let me go" but he wouldn't say anything to that.

I like Ashley and Lindsay and can see him with eithier one.

Carri--you did good with only 5 cookies...Girl Scout cookies are eveil! lol
    You are right that my job is stressful but I sort of thrive on it..it's about taking care of people and I take care of a Director, a AD and in a lot of ways our entire Organization. I do like the pay too! I hope to support a VP one day and I hear that pay is pretty good to..and it should be! Also, I love my company and what we can provide to our consumers, especially when I get to see our products in other regions and see how they really improve peoples live where they don't have all the things that we American's have.

Dee: You are such a inspiration. I love what you said "get a notebook; because 'every page is a new day' to start logging your: 'morning-scale naked-weight; all Foods U ate (U don't have to log the # of fat/cals/carbs) just write the 'food' w a 'h'-healthy or 'j'-junk etc beside the food to easily read & see if U r helping your body or damaging-it; plus any activity or exercise U did that day. Logging in your journal is fun, I also have a calendar to record my daily weight before I get dressed, to stay accountable for my daily food so my clothes fit nice.". That is going in MY journal.

It is so nice to chat with Dee and Carri....but we miss the rest of you...hope to hear from you soon.

Ok..got to go pay some bills...now THAT is stressful!
  • Susie said>[So, I soothed myself with about 6 pieces of dark chocolate] B happy w yourself!!! U added More 'anti-oxidants' to b healthier instead of eating a bag of chips w dip. Soo U did Great! I invision U accomplishing ALL your career & personal goals U do, your lifestyle is a typeA U r in the presence of fabulous women; Oprah said recently, she's a size 18 & happy wearing the teens & if she wanted to she could change the labels to read size 8; but she is not defined by her size.

I also have a note on my notebook; it's a reminder to daily eat a protein w every meal & veggies & fruits & 2 liters of water daily. Junk food is a optional snack for me.

Carri, I know you'll enjoy your parents 40th anniversary family celebration But cal's/carbs do show-up on the scale sooo b good to your body & I remember U said U r diabetic try to stay OP because nobody wants U ill from lots of celebration desserts.

Tomorrow is Friday.... b Good to Yourself this weekend everyone!
  • Morning Ladies, looking forward to celebrating my parents 40th anniversary tomorrow, doing last minute things today to get ready for it …

My eating has been no good all week …trying to turn that around ….got my blood work back from my dr and most were pretty good …my A1C and my fasting glucose numbers were a little high but not horrible…my carbon dioxide number was too low …don’t even know what that means but will ask my dr next time I have an appt …told dh I have got to start eating right and staying away from simple carbs and sugar for my diabetes …don’t want to end up missing a foot or on dialysis when I am in my 40’s or 50’s….I told him my problem is that I eat like I “don’t” have a problem ….like I don’t have diabetes ….need to start being more smart and turning things around…

I want to be able to be healthy for my 40th anniversary ( I will be 60 then, seems far away and crazy haha ) in the future.

Dee – yes I need to watch the sweets but I ordered my parents ( and mine ) favorite carrot cake for dessert tomorrow, a huge one …I’ll have a sliver I guess.

Susie – I agree with Dee, you could’ve soothed yourself with something much much worse…I would normally go for chips and dip …I always want that kind of food ( chewy, salty, bready ) instead of sweets when I’m upset or stressed …

I didn’t watch the Sean tell all show either …I think I would be okay with either Lindsay or Ashlee …I like Catherine but from what her sisters said, and how her mom acted, I’m not sure that she is truly ready for marriage and all that …could be wrong …but excited to see how it all ends…I think that the next bachelorette should be Sara ( I think that was her name, she was born missing part of her arm ) …I thought Sean really liked her at first, was surprised when he sent her home so early …anyhoo ….

Hope you all have a great weekend !!! I’m missing all our other girls that used to post a lot with us …come back !!!! We miss you !!!!!

See ya !!!
  • Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been on in a while.....been seriously discouraged about my weight. I have still been staying OP though. I've been really stressing over my current weight loss stall. I've been hovering around 204 now for 16 days. I've tried increasing my calories, decreasing my calories, upping workout time, decreasing workout time and so far nothing is working. I've had these stalls before but this is the longest.

I wrote in another thread about something I found yesterday while googling on weight loss stalls. It is a theory about metabolic setpoints. Supposedly they theorize that your body has a memory of sorts and when you reach a weight that you previously maintained your body will stall at that weight in an effort to maintain it again. I have to believe there is some truth to this because my previous stalls have all been at prior weights I held for a period of time.

As frustrating as it is, I'll just keep doing what I've been doing all along and eventually my body will realize that hey we need to lose some more and it will drop the weight off. I am already anticipating my next stall at 175 because I was that weight for a while also. But, maybe it will make it easier next time knowing why it may be happening and know it's only temporary. But in the meantime, come on already body, where's the whoosh!!

Oh, also we are going out of town (because of DH work) and I'll be without a scale for 5-6 days, which is probably a blessing because I've been obsessing and getting discouraged over that same ol' weight on there everyday. Maybe I'll come back to a nice surprise. One can only hope! Have a great day everybody!

Alyssa
  • Good morning. I have a packed weekend. Hair appointment at 10 today and then babysitting my newphews tonight from 3-11.

Tomorrow there is church and a baby shower for my cousin. I won't be getting much done around the house this weekend. You all know how crazy I am with cleaning. I'll figure out some way to get it all done.

I have a.50 lb loss at TOPS. I want a 3 lb loss this week and so I'm going to have to stay very diligent about being on track. I can do this...I CAN do this.

Dee: You are correct that I am a Type A personality. It feels like a curse sometimes! I have to work at relaxing because I feel I should always be DOING something.

Did you find any good books for your Kindle?

Carri: You are so correct with thinking about your diabities and what you need to do. I want you to keep your feet too!
    Have fun at your parents anniversay dinner and enjoy a sliver of that cake...and drink a lot of water!

LeeAnn: I think there is some truth in the set-point on your weight. I have seen this happen to people and it takes a bit of time to convience their body to get beyond it. Usually when they relax a bit about it, it will help. Lack of sleep and stress can play a big part in our bodies not letting go of weight.

While you won't have a scale for 5-6 days, you can still have your journal and you can still be active so do those things and relax and have fun...and having fun isn't about over eating.

Victoria: Where have you been?

Liz: How are you doing?

Mel: Very nice to see you in that old BIG prom dress on FB. You are a inspiration to us all.
  • Hi girls, I just came inside from shoveling snow off our back deck. It snowed 3 days this week

Susie, Yes, Yes, U WILL lose more than 1 pound this week I understand your work ethics, I am your twin; except my hubby says I am a 'southern typeA' which means I must have some 'me-time daily, to chill-out & relax/play' otherwise I can't work successfully, I get stressed-out. (doing 110% work makes me happy) Jesus gets me back on track when I have a terrible day & my doggies r daily comforting/calming. Baby showers r the best fun I hope John went babysitting w U to play w the boys. Oh, I loaded several Kindle books & games for the kids to enjoy when they r car-riding w us.

Carri, I Luv your positive attitude about your health U r Intelligent & U r a powerful person in charge of your body sooo rev up your engine & win your Indy race w your health Share w us this week about your parents anniversary party. And I hope U share your concerns w your family so they can help U through your health ups & downs.

Girls watch the Batchelor, Survivor, Biggest Loser & Taste this week so we can chat I sooo Luv that Carri's parents r still together for their 40th anniversary & her grandparents can share it too as they gave her mom & dad to marry each other. So many marriages just don't make it that long anymore, because of death/divorce happening

I'll b back here on Wednesday, I have several of fashion/sewing client appointments this week.

Have a great week girls
  • Oh my Gosh Girls, I finally got my actual computer hooked up! no more using the tablet to post, i actually started to hate using that thing! We went to walmart and got an internet thing so I can use the internet on my real computer!

Update: I did weigh in on tuesday at 218 wahh. I ate like I wanted to since a week before the wedding, we have a new puppy as of thursday she's a shepard mix, 3 months old her name is daisy. Scooter my 6 year old Jack Russsel Mix is not liking this.

I bought fruits and veggies and decided to weigh in every 3 weeks. my next weigh in Is March 13th. I hope to lose a decent yet reasonable amount of weight. I have also started cleaning my house a little everyday rather than none most days then going through **** to get it back to normal all in two grueling days. I have barely worked out and havent had one healthy meal in ages! I have missed chatting to you ladies so much and I am so happy to be back consistently.

My family is doing great , the wedding went well, it was beautiful, I love my house and my husband and the kids , my oldest has the flu and we're treating it with tamiflu. The baby is starting to get it I think I hope we'll all be ok. I was taking a video of myself and my face is ooking so fat. I have got to do this for my health I am going to be having a bday in 2 months and dont want to look back on that day like wow what a chunk . same for my wedding but ok, the girls are screaming! I'll talk to you all soon. Bye
  • Hi Chickes!

The weekend was way to packed for me. All this working long hours and almost 6 days a week and then packing everything in on the weekend got to me.

I stayed home from work today because last night I had to have DH go to Walmart at 10 p.m. to get me something to help me "go". I won't share TMI but ladies it was miserable..and I kept thinking about LeeAnn and how she just went through this. I NEVER want to have to deal with that again. Relief finally came around 4 am but I am worn out.

Victoria: So glad to see that you have your internet and that you will be here more with us. Your plans look good!

Dee: Yes DH went with me to watch the boys. We all had a very good time.
    I'll look for you after Wed. What are you making for your clients? I love to hear about your projects.

Carri: How was the anniversary celebration?

Alyssa: I think there is something to that set-point. I know a trainer and she talks about it

LeeAnn: How are you doing?
  • Hi. I am feeling better today and am at work. I needed a quick break to clear my head.

I'm looking forward to going home tonight. I won't be going to my workout. I'm still pretty tired. You can bet I had a fiber bar for breakfast and some raw veggies at lunch and I'm making sure to get plenty of water in. I NEVER want to have another time like I did on Sunday night.

I hope everyone is doing well. Will look for/answer posts tomorrow.
  • Morning ladies, sorry I have been MIA for a few days ….my parents anniversary went off without a hitch, had a great time …I think they were very surprised that we went to all that trouble, they LOVED the mantle clock we got them that was engraved with “Happy 40th Anniversary” on it …we took them out for a very nice dinner, they LOVED the food…and then did some shopping, then went back to my house where I had a table set up with the huge cake, a vase of roses for my mother, and their gift …the 40th anniversary is Ruby, so I had everything mainly in red with hints of black….I’m so glad it went well and that they had a good time…I feel like I can finally bring for the first time in a month, haha …trying to plan it all and get money from everyone was stressful …and of course no one could agree on what to do …so I’m just glad it was a great time for everyone and that it’s over ….now I can sit back and relax for 10 years until their 50th, haha…

Dee – I SO agree, no one stays married that long anymore …people ( especially celebrities ) don’t even seem to take it serious anymore …you took vows people, no one said it would be easy, lol …how long have you and your dh been married ?

I did catch up on the Bachelor last night …I’m glad that the one I wanted him to pick is still in the race ( Lindsay ) …I don’t know why though I get the feeling he is going to choose Catherine….I can tell he cares so much about both of these last two so I’m sure it will be hard on him …it was hard to watch Ashlee go, especially how she acted…but not sure how anyone would think she would act, I mean she just had her heart broken…she was gorgeous and I think she would have been good for him too.

I had to dvr The Taste last night so will watch that tonight …and probably catch up on Biggest Loser …I’m all caught up on Survivor though …

Victoria – SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to see you back on here ….you and I are weighing the same right now …but we aren’t so far from Onederland, we can get there ….new puppy huh? I remember those days, and they are hard …house training, whining, etc …but they are so cute …

Susie – “Relief finally came around 4 am but I am worn out.” ….I laughed so hard when I read this, made it sound like you had a baby….well and maybe it felt like you did, lol ….glad you finally got some relief. This sounds crazy but Taco Bell always gives me some tummy troubles if you know what I mean, so if I’m feeling backed up I go have some tacos …in 3 hours, relief !!!

Mel – dare I say it? You actually looked “skinny” in that old pic dress on fb ….gorgeous !!!

Alyssa – so glad to see you back on here, please keep coming back, we like to hear from you. I went thru a month stall last year when I hit 198 and it was so frustrating and miserable for me…no matter what I did , the scale didn’t budge…I finally stopped even getting on it, it did finally start moving again after I stopped exercising for a while ( don’t know if that really had anything to do with it but who knows ) …and it took about six weeks…so hang in there, this too shall pass …have fun with dh out of town, be safe.

I actually have been off work the last two days due to not feeling well …I’m feeling better now and hope to get my diet butt back in gear…I hate to say this but I’m contemplating going back to WW …the one year I was on that I steadily lost 2-3 a week and lost a total of 68lbs …the lowest I had been in years …I mean I know its virtually just counting calories by using points but it worked for me…so I’m thinking about it …

Have a great day everyone !!!