Old 03-19-2014, 11:38 AM   #346  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi chicks,

Reda I am glad you are liking the job, especially when you have alot to do around payroll, is that your specialty area? I remember you speaking of the Flood Run and that is only one month from now? I hope your weather is great for that. And maybe you and me can lose 10 pound soon!!

Tammy, just so many congrats from me on the surgery and you are doing so well adapting!! Oh you have NAILED it on recreational eating, how can I try to make myself embrace that and remember it.

Hi Dawn your avatar pic is nice

I am struggling with not only MY lack of self control, but I am being a jerk and also silently blaming my DH; I will be white-knuckling through a snack-free evening and then when I see him have a huge bowl of ice cream with syrup, it makes me feel like 'why bother' Or at work, my anger issues with my jerk boss, when they all leave and I am alone to deal with his stupid customers, I know I eat out of revenge.

I have been struggling with apathy, on my days off I do the absolute minimum (dishes, vacuum, pick up a bit) then go back to bed. Spring just seems impossible. You know how I love the riding weather, and my summer job, but this snow/cold/crappy winter job is flattening my will completely. Ugh I'm a mess, lol.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Holly Thx you. That is from my marriage ceremony in Las Vegas. DH pic is very nice too. It was great but I cant wait for our wedding in the Falls. We finaly got a hotel reserved. Its about 20 miles from the falls but must be close to the air port due to the name. Were going to arrive on Saturday night, have Sunday to do whatever we want. Get married on Monday Then stay till Wednesday. We are driving so we want to have a few days that we can recoop from the drive.

I know what you mean about the winter weather. We are finaly at the point that we can see the ground again but it cant make up its mind if it wants to rain or snow. We are also at that sweet spot for freezing temps. At night we need to remember to leave an upstairs faucet drip.

I am loving my new adventure (It Works) Im not working much at Dunkin Donuts. They usually only schedule me on Fridays but this week they didnt schedule me at all. So I have been taking my time this week to dress in my IBM work clothes (the ones that still fit) & going out to the different salons & the Tanning place here in town to see if they would like to be a distributor & sell out of their salons. I have a few that is a maybe & some that have said not at this time. I do have 1 that will be selling it. I had to order more business cards already cuz of all the places I have stopped at.

I love being able to tell people that I have been taking the greens & the Relief. The longer I am on it the better I feel & I dont hurt as much as I used to I have not taken any Tylonal or Ibprophin in more then a week now & even stoped taking 1 dose of my Dr meds. I am still popping more pills then I like but am working on cutting them back.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #348  
Biker Chick!

Dawn that is great that you are feeling such relief from your regimen!

OK I am still having such a hard time with this computer, I can't even figure out how to cut and paste..I described my horrible day in the Depression section, "Ups and Downs Support Group" and I can't even figure out how to copy the link but if you want to read about how a customer groped me today, it's there
Old 03-22-2014, 12:09 AM   #349  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

50 degree day! But I had to work! DH got to go for a nice ride without me though. I was jealous! I am sooo happy that "Spring" is here...as the the high temps for tomorrow is still below freezing...it's my favorite time of year. I really excited to see GREEN on the trees or grass! Soon, very soon.

I made month 2 goal of 10 pounds. Went out for supper tonight. I thought I was a genius bringing my own low cal dressing! I still eat and drink what I want on weekends, but really watch the eating during the week. That isn't a plan for everyone, but it seems to work for me.

We signed up for "Freedom Run" for the summer on the cycles. It's a local fundraiser.

Hope the rest of you will be getting in some good riding time soon!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Colleen,
WTG!!!!! I say do what works for you.

Well, I lost another couple pounds..... but I have a setback. I busted that incision that is the slow healing one. I am back on antibiotics and I have to go to wound care tomorrow. IT is very minor..... but nonetheless a bit bothersome. It is right where my "fat" bends under my bellybutton..... so it is just having a hard time. I guess spring cleaning should have waited....

I get "soft" foods Friday (eggs, mashed potatoes). I ate some soupy grits this AM. My tummy is NOT happy with that.

Oh well.

I hope you all are digging out from Winter. It is pretty here.

Will gab more later.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #351  
Biker Chick!

Colleen that is kewl that your husband at least got a ride!

Tammy - ouch! sorry you busted open your incision I hope it heals quickly! and that you can enjoy some eggs on Friday!

I confronted the 'hand-sy' customer who groped me yesterday, then i was so angry that Rat B@stard boss still said nothing, so I dropped the eff bomb on HIM..lol..a tense day at work. Boss did follow Gropey Guy outside, but he did not tell me that he addressed teh situation; so I have a preliminary investigative questionnaire for the State's Attorney Office almost filled out and will just need to complete and hit 'send' .

Ladies, may we all be able to deal with neanderthals who think they can feel/squeeze us up!! and try to punish those who think it's no big deal.

Last edited by VermontMom; 03-24-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:43 PM   #352  

Holly, That isn't right that the boss didn't stand up for you! Glad you had the guts to tell the guy off!

Tammy, I was wondering how you have been doing. Hoping for the best for you! Soft foods will be a lovely treat! Hope they go over better than the grits did.

It was 15 degrees today!! Good news is that on Sunday it could be up to 60...and time for me to take a ride!!

Tomorrow grandson turns 2. Working from home for part of the day and then a dentist appt. (broke a tooth eating an EGG--not saying much for my cooking is it!?) After that, birthday celebrations! Everything is a Mickey Mouse theme.

Hope everyone is feeling better for riding season!
Old 03-27-2014, 08:24 AM   #353  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

just now, I had to step on that scale 3x to believe my eyes. Finally got to 162. I've been coming on just to read your posts....thank you all. Heading out to AZ bike week and plan to post while I'm on the road. I appreciate this group more than you know
sun
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #354  

Yay Sunster!!!!!! Stay in the 160s.... I will be there in a few months. Lol.

Holly, how is work going? I cannot believe the RB did not do anything to the customer.

Colleen, wow, I cannot believe the grandbaby is 2..... life zooms by....

Reda, How are you?

So, I did get to eat..... I actually ate a fried egg last night at our normal place on Thursdays (little Bar and Grill)...... they fixed it for me special..... I got a little of the white down and yolk, and 3/4 of ONE French fry.
Today I was not so lucky with the egg. I got sick and had to come home b/c I did not want to throw up in the hospitals toilets (we lease a space in the hospital). I just got down about 2 ounces of unbreaded fish.... I am trying really hard to keep my protein where it needs to be.... and stay hydrated. I am having a VERY hard time of it.... but I think it is normal.
My incision is healing really well now. It is "closed" some.... just a little more to go.
I went to my doctor yesterday...... Good news.... I have lost 29.2 pounds (today is my month since surgery-- I hate the word surgiversary)...... but I am dehydrated It is so hard trying to make yourself drink by just sipping..... but hey, that is what I signed up for.

Thanks for listening to my troubles.... I know it is going to turn around.

I am going to get off here.... it is starting to storm.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #355  

I have to share my results! I did my 3rd wrap yesterday. The 1st 2 I had bloated & didnt really see much of a difference but after I put the pictures side by side I am loving it! We did our best to stand at same place same distance for all the pictures. 4 applications is the suggested amount to use to get optimal results (can continue if with more if want) But I am feeling great! I can also move again! Havent taken any Ibprophin, Tylonal or aleve in a couple weeks.

I have quite a few people interested in the products but they are all skeptical of trying/buying. I understand I was too but I really hope I can get this to take off soon. Dunkin has now changed my schedule to every other Friday. I am looking at trying to host an my 1st online party. The 1st one will be more informative untill I feel more confertable then will have it as a online wrap party. I like my job at Dunkin so I dont want to quit but I might cuz if I only work 4-6 hours it doesnt really make sence.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:37 PM   #356  

I have a virtual party set up if anyone is interested for next Monday at 7pm Central time https://www.facebook.com/events/1403310163274214/ Its open to everyone so feel free to drop in.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #357  

Hi to everyone.

A few too many birthday treats has been hard on me this past week! One coworker purposely sabotages my dieting efforts! It's really hard not to eat the food delivered right to my desk at work!! I'm still on track--back at it!

Tammy, 29.2 pounds in a MONTH! Wow! What a huge drop! Wishing you the best!

Dawn thanks for sharing the info on the wraps. I too, was skeptical. Glad it's working well for you.

We went out for a cycle ride last weekend--not long but still great to get out on my own bike again! Looking forward to maybe doing it again Sunday.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #358  

Colleen, Wow, your ticker is moving!!!!! Yay. Congrats to you.

Reda, I am sorry you are dealing with the food sabotaging co worker. I have a lot of them that range from my cheering squad to "come on, one XXX won't hurt"......

Holly, how many weeks at the dreaded winter job? It seems like it should be getting close to the summer job.

Sunster.... so tell me your stats (jean size) etc. I will be joining you in a few months. You have done soooo well on this program! Btw, I think I speak for all of us..... we enjoy having you here. Most of us found this site on "accident"..... but glad we have a friendship here.

Dawn, The wraps look like they are doing good on you.

I finally have my belly healed... BUT, I spent last Sunday in the ER (first time in my adult life to go to the ER)...... but I thought I was dying I had such horrible pain. I had no clue what was wrong.... but I had a kidney stone. Well, I still have it.... but I am trying to get rid of it by drinking a lot of water.... which is hard. But, other than that I am ok.
I am still on soft foods..... but will get a full diet this coming Friday. You know, all in all, I have NOOOOO desire to eat candy and junk. I do have a few foods I would like to have.... but those are not part of my "want" list. And, I had a NSV..... I fit into JUNIOR size pants today!!!! I was an 18/20w when I started (mostly tight 20s) but now I am in a junior jean..... albeit a big size junior 17..... but still a jean. Also I went to LR this week for business and my dress clothing is too big!!! So, it is a process.
I am down 32 pounds now.

Well, I will gab more later.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #359  

Ugggh, Tammy, kidney stones!? Along with your surgery ordeal...that doesn't sound like a fun time at all! Hope they go away without having to have more surgery. 32 pounds in such a short time...Wow! Just Wow!

Thought I was starving when I got home tonight. I ended up having 3 pieces of fish and green beans. I normally am not a big fish eater, but it wasn't too bad. What I wanted was chicken strips from the deli at the W-Mart. Weekends I still eat whatever DH is having. Lots of times we go for supper/pizza. I am sure I would do better if I behaved on weekends too. I have quit buying bread, but still manage to have rolls (I make them when we have company--and I don't want to throw them away) and my DD made homemade whole grain bread!

We took a spin on the cycles Sunday. DH offered to let me try his '14 Ultra Classic Limited...I chickened out. If I scratched it he would cry! I want to take it for a test drive before vacation though. Soon...only 9 more weeks!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #360  
Biker Chick!

Hey chicks Tammy I am so sorry to hear of the kidney stone, ugh sounds awful! But WOW on being down 32 pounds!!!

Dawn you have such a nice midriff!

Colleen, I'm glad you can behave during the week, that's something!

Hi to Reda

I am so discouraged, this is early spring when usually I am digging into the weight loss routine, but I have been actually bingeing which is an unusual thing for me, I am blaming it on the Rat ******* boss deal, he never owned responsibility for the issue with teh groping customer, and getting no satisfaction from the Civil Rights Unit. I wrote a succinct resignation letter but did not send it. This job, for the most part, suits my needs for the winter but I do need to step up and actively look for something else.

BUT only 3 more days and then I have almost 3 weeks off then the nice summer job. Got alot of cleaning out projects for that time off. Maybe my mind will be off food then.

We still have thick ice in front of our garage, where the bikes are, and our driveway is a mud pit so we need to be patient for a bit.

I have found that being President of United Motorcyclists of Vermont mostly involved being on top of phone calls and emails, not too bad yet It is so easy to be a follower, takes a little more energy to be a leader, not sure if I like that, LOL.