Old 06-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Sunster, I guess you can have my wagon, because I haven't been using it. It's stuck in the mud all dusty and dirty! You're too funny!

Sounds like a great ride you have planned!

Hope you had a happy birthday Dawn! You look very happy in the picture!

We're camping this weekend--in the rain again I'm thinking. I should be getting some stuff done for that... packing, food, cooking... bet it will all still be there to be done tomorrow!

Also Fathers Day this weekend... hmmm, DH would probably like a little special treatment. Trying to think up what to do. Ideas?

I've been avoiding the possibility of riding in the rain! Good for you Holly for not letting it slow you down! LOL at the bedraggled rat!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:07 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Thank you everyone. I also found out this week that I am back into my work pants that I had gained too much weight while I was off after my surgery so Yes I am happy I was able to get back down again. Sad thing is I thought I was getting cought up on my Medical bills just for a few new ones to come in this last week too. Plus here is IA your BDay month is when your car tags are due plus this yr my drivers licence also expires so a double wammy. My new Jeep is most of the cost, the newer it is the more tags are. My old Jeep & the bike is less then $100 but not the new Jeep. But I love the new Jeep, we have put on 1000s of miles on it already. Ive been riding my bike on a permit for the last few yrs but since its expires this month I thnk I might go bite the bulet & do the driving test for the bike licence too.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #123  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

Wow...weird virus warning/3FC shut down and all that.
Anyhoo, I'm finding success on The 100 (jorge cruise) diet. Easy for me and so far so good. Think I see a diff....I surely feel diff and energized. Weighing tomorrow.
Sun
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #124  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everyone, yay to sunster for sticking to diet and getting results! i weighed yesterday and am UP four freaking pounds so I am doing horribly food wise. but can't seem to do better. I am doing great with the Fitness Blender workouts but suck at dieting

Riding to work today, yay~ yesterday apparently was International Ride to Work Day and of course it was nonstop rain here. As Ive ridden in the snow, I felt I had nothing to prove and drove to work in the car with the heated seats!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #125  
Yo Yo Me

Hee hee....nothing to prove...i like that! What's it like riding in the snow??

So, I'm back to 178 and ready to finish this at last. Ya know what it''s like when NOTHING can make you go off-course? Like something goes "click in my head and I'm on the wagon again...no more falling off and getting it "stuck in the mud" (LOL 2times2much!).

So, how about some more road stories here? Like that moose i slippeded by in Idaho. Like when I ran over that roadkill skunk and the stink stayed on Frank for days. Like the 16 bee stings I got (in about a 2yr period) and nobody in my group got one! actually, that all stopped when I got a windshield on my 2nd bike....no more stings since.

I'd love to hear about some of that wildness and fun you've encountered out there (that you can share!)...weather, animals, drivers, parties, cool towns/bars/restaurantes. C'mon I know you've got oodles of them!
Sun
Old 06-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Hey Everyone.... been riding a little more than I had been. My DH took my pic while I was on my bike.... it is a good pic.... BUT, not posting it b/c I look like a linebacker for the Arkansas Razorbacks.... hence me being under Colleen and Sunsters wagon. lol.

Sunster, I may look into that diet... LOOK.... lol. JK I am having tummy troubles.... so I need to see how it is.

Colleen, Happy Grandma again.... so are you having a good time camping?

Holly, I feel your pain..... I just keep gaining I used to be so motivated..... the bootcamp days are soooo far in the past. I have to get motivated. I turn 40 in less than a month.... and GAINED instead of losing.

Reda, How is your world?

Ok, sunster.... the funniest story I can think of off the top of my head... is a few months ago my DH and I were on a ride. Let me first start by saying he has an incredible talent of "throwing" snakes up on me since he is the first rider..... or making them really mad. So, we were riding. I saw the snake draw up after he passed it, so I instinctively pulled my legs up when I went by. Well, just a little bit down the road something caught my eye.... it was on my leg and it was long and skinny...... so I start screaming like a little "b" trying to make it to the side of the road without laying the bike over..... as my DH is still going down the road. As I am almost stopped.... I look down and realize it is the shoestring on my shoe that came untied that was flopping.... not a snake.

That is all I have right at this moment........

Hope y'all have a good night.......
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #127  
Biker Chick!

Tammy!! that is a classic

sunster, thanks for the topic suggestion!! very very good idea. Oh and about riding in the snow...didn't mean to imply that there was inches of snow on the ground..it just happened that it was late fall and very cold but dry; but snow started developing and we had to get home, so I take that as snow cred So here are a few from me -

um..last year..I went wild and took my bike into the Bikini Bike Wash tent at a rally fundraiser...okay I had pounded a couple drinks before going in; and when I rode my bike out of the tent, amid the raucous cheers of the crowd, I "tried" to park my bike and tipped over MANY muscle-y guys came running to my rescue, oh my my

Riding along the Kankamagus Scenic Highway in New Hampshire (http://www.kancamagushighway.com/) with a small group, in early spring a couple years ago, a moose appeared in the woods right near the road, he was running along with us in the deep snow; i gunned my engine and my BuBs JugHuggers made so much of a roar, he startled to the side back into the woods and my friends cheered me

We were meeting for a ride and introduced ourselves to some others there. One guy said to others, about me, "I know her. She's the one that yells at everyone who cuts her off in the intersection in town" (I love that one)

I will try to think of more!

Sun, I am so glad for you that you are 'in the zone' and I hope you can zap me with some of that juice !
Old 06-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Holly..... I know it is not on motorcycle..... but you gotta tell the classic dumpster dive....

And, Dawn... I forgot to tell you how good you look.... you are sooo super skinny!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Got the bike out today. It was so nice out today. Went for a ride by myself. I realized that I need to ride more cuz I was a bit uneasy again on my turns & corners like I was when I 1st started riding. Due to my work schedule I didnt ride much last yr & I want to ride more this yr even if I still am on nites & sleep during the day.

Weight wise I am doing good. I am back down to what I was at before the surgery. Just a few of my pants are a bit tight but those are the ones I just recently bought before & were a little tight anyway. Sometimes I have my fat moments but when I look at the people at work & listen to them cuz they all talk about how they have gained after starting work there I feel better cuz I am 1 of the very few that have lost since working there. When you have a desk job it is very hard to loose cuz your stuck sitting all day.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi all. Just checkin' in. Funny stories! Love the snake one!

Just learning how to ride on my own several years ago, I took the motorcycle through a ditch, up the bank, back down, and back back through the ditch and on the road again! THEN I learned about downshifting and how to use the foot brake! (quickly!)

The only time I've dumped the bike I was standing still! Foot slipped on pea gravel. We were on a ride with a huge group! Uggg!

DH wrecked his bike a few years ago running into the back of another friend who decided to turn into a place for lunch. I got the blame because he was looking in the rear view to see where I was. (because I was the newest rider and tailing the group) 2 totaled bikes, a broken thumb, sore back...2 of the 6 riders were EMT's and I was the insurance rep!! The other 3 were IN the accident. Happy ending...we are still friends!

We were riding home on a beautiful 4th of July weekend. The clouds started to form so we put jackets on. In another 10 miles we were in flash floods and drenching rain on the cycle. In efforts to "save" my phone I put it "up front", buried in my shirt. Not a good idea. It was just like a funnel somehow. The phone drowned. The water was up to the exhaust. Quite an experience!

We are flooded around our area after having 8" of rain this past weekend. Many homes flooded. Roads closed due to mudslides and others closed to just being washed away! I can still get to work. (darn!)

I ordered some cycle stuff from Jafrum. Good deals, and quick shipping!

When I was "losing" we bought HD cycle jackets. Both Men's, so mine fit a little tight around the hips, little big in the shoulders. Figured I could work with it though. Still brand new, never worn. Got it out the other day. No zipping it NOW! Can't figure out how to "fix" the coat so I'm gonna have to fix ME again! Awesome coats though. The whole body has a zip-off exterior, leaving just the top part of the sleeves, and the rest is mesh. If I wouldn't have ruined it, I'd have taken the scissors to it just to wear it! Hmmph.

The week of the 4th we will have camping at our house. I did manage to get the time off work. DH is off all week too. We have ordered lots of landscaping stuff to do prior to camping. Not sure it will all get done as planned. Lots of rock to haul, patio to lay, and brick to be put around flower beds and patio. THAT is what happens when you find a good deal on flowers...one thing leads to another!!

Hope you all have a good week!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #131  
Biker Chick!

I knew Colleen would tell of some funny stuff! Day-um you have alot planned for your yard, it will look so nice!

I got drowned on the way home today but that was quite okay compared to the progression of the storm once I was safely home! Flashes of lightning with immediate cracks of thunder and raining so hard, cars were going s-l-o-w. By this time I had made a cup of tea, put my boots and gloves on the boot drier
(like this http://www.doversaddlery.com/dry-guy...FVKf4Aodg3kALg ) and hung my jacket in front of the heavy-duty fan (gale force!) to try to dry out.

A 'feel good' biking story - we were riding in either North or South Carolina, and a FAST heavy rainstorm popped up. There were inches of water on the road so quickly! a lady saw us and waved us (four of us on bikes) into her yard, under her carport, to wait it out. Wasn't that nice of her?

Also in South Carolina (we were on our way to Myrtle Beach) we were gassing up and a lady approached us and said, 'would y'all like to see my husband fire up his custom bike? it's just down the road, he just finished it, and y'all can have a cold pop on us". well how could we refuse that she didn't seem like the wife of an axe murderer so we followed her. His shop was called Custom Creations and it was pretty darn kewl to be invited into his shop and see this beautiful chopper up on the lift, plus he showed us the trophies his crew had won, and he admired my relatively cheap Honda and DH's Kawie Vulcan along with admiring that we rode from Vermont when there was still snow on the sides of the road.

In the 12 years I've been riding, I've only met ONE real a-hole biker, he would dis my bike by saying with a smirk "when are you gonna get a REAL bike" however this piece of crap was a convicted felon, convicted petty thief, and a rotten personality so that's that (he was the husband of a co-worker, he was not anyone I'd ever associate with because of his creepiness!)

doing great with my FitnessBlender workouts, doing horribly with eating. What can I say. nothing!
Old 06-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #132  
Yo Yo Me

OMG...I'm having so much fun reading your stories...smiling and LOL, too...thanks so much! I've been racking my brain for a good one, to keep up with your stories and finally thought of one.

It was July 4th in Cody, Wyoming. The motel I was staying at was on an intersection right next to the parade route. There was a short down slope parking zone in front of the rooms with a teeny tiny drainage ditch at the bottom where it met the road. I had stayed there a week and done this maneuver many times. But! There was a cop car parked right behind me. I looked and figured I could do it and make the cut to avoid the cop car...so....i backed out like always...but the slope+ditch+cut+cop car combo brought me down and Frank's front end landed UNDER the cops back end! Luckily no cops were around (they were setting up cones etc) and the motel maid and some guy in his skivvies (!) came over and (you know the drill) "on the count of three..." except Frank wouldn't budge. On the third try, I saw I was standiing on the fringe hanging from Frank's left grip. Then we easily picked him up......sheesh! The only damage was a tweeked left mirror and some missing fringe.

Love, just LOVE your stories.....this is way fun for me! I'm totally OP w/ The 100. Been afraid to weigh because I get pissed off when the damn scale doesn't cooperate after all the hard work. Getting weighed @ drs appt today (crossed fingers). But whatever...I have to stay OP. Doing Zumba 2x today.

Thanks again...you're my heros!!
Sun
Old 06-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #133  
Yo Yo Me

ok...2lbs less! I'm on the road on the 5th and need to be looking good on the 11th. So that's 6 days on the road. Think i can lose some weight while on the road? I have to eat right instead of coffee and a gas station sandwich and then munch out at night. I never eat in restaurantes alone. So it's gotta be subway or something. Ideas?
Sun
Old 06-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #134  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster2 View Post
Oh...and what about the dumpster story?
As Tammy said it wasn't motorcycle related but it surely impressed her I was helping a girlfriend move, and she needed more boxes. Her apartment was next to a small convenience store, and the owner said we could fish out whatever boxes we could from his recycling dumpster. Well, I could climb up the sides of the dumpster (there were slots to put my feet in) and I could hang over the top edge, hinging at my waist, but if I were to pick up a box or two, there wasn't anything on the inside of the dumpster to brace my hands against. So I reached down (having friends hold my legs so I wouldn't topple INTO it) and grabbed handfuls of boxes and brought myself up with the strength of my abs ( have always been lucky to have relatively strong abs) and got as many as we needed I did feel pretty fierce because I was the oldest of the group at the time and the only one able to do something that physical

Your story is great Sun , lol @ standing on Frank's fringe and how I hate sloped parking lots!!

Here's a not-fun story - that involved sloped parking - DH, myself, and 2 friends visiting from CT (husband/wife riding their own) parked on a street in front of a tavern; really steep street but we parked in gear, pointing uphill, with front wheel turned correctly...however, when the male friend went out to get something from his bike, his bumped into DH's bike; knocked that downhill into my bike; my bike fell also and the windshield snapped in half

I can't describe what his expression was (terrible!) when he came back into the tavern with half my windshield in his hands. I did my best to NOT make him feel bad...because he and his wife both worked for a large pharmaceutical company that had laid them off about 6 months earlier, and neither had been able to get a similar high-paying job since; and I knew they were both on unemployment so I thought they were hurting for money. I did not accept a cent from him and I did not put in a claim to my insurance company...

However!! a few months' later they invited us and another couple to their house for the weekend (in CT) and when we arrived, I see this .. LARGE house, nice grounds, and inside beautifully decorated, a bar, fantastic kitchen, living room, 'fun' room, formal dining room, and upstairs master bedroom, many bathrooms, guest rooms, husband and wife each had their separate 'craft' rooms, I could go on and on..I never asked for reimbursement for my windshield because I thought they were on dire straights and couldn't afford it..by the way our house is barely 1600 square feet, one bathroom, you get the picture

MOral for that story do not EVER park on a steep street, lol.

Oh this is funny, I pissed off a guy with a Corvette - I was gassing up, and some late-life Romeo was gassing up his 'vette on the opposite pump. He says, "if you give me a ride on your bike, I'll give you a ride in my 'vette" and without hesitation I said "no thanks, I'd be getting the short end of the stick of that deal". boy was he pissed Now that probably wasn't very nice of me was it
Old 06-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #135  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster2 View Post
ok...2lbs less! I'm on the road on the 5th and need to be looking good on the 11th. So that's 6 days on the road. Think i can lose some weight while on the road? I have to eat right instead of coffee and a gas station sandwich and then munch out at night. I never eat in restaurantes alone. So it's gotta be subway or something. Ideas?
Sun
congrats on being down 2!!

Hm I have to say I usually do lose on the road, because I know what eating heavily/ or heavy on carbs make me sleepy and I can not afford feeling sleepy on the bike. Subway is a good choice I would say! What are your travel plans?