Old 04-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Well I had to go back to work this last week. I worked 2 days (12 hour days) 1st nite I did ok for not having much of a voice. The 2nd nite my back up dispatcher was out sick. Sounds like he had been sick awhile but never called in sick cuz I was off. Another guy was late cuz he has asma real bad & had to get a new inhaler. My voice was much better but I still didnt want to talk on the phone more then I had to or it would go out on me again. By the 2nd nite I was sore. Glad I was done for the week. By Thur. I was sick again. My immune system isnt up to where it should be. My neighbor gave me some ginger tea. Its very different. The smell & the taste is very different. I could only drink a little of it but I do admit it did help my belly. After I drank some tea I decided to take an epson salt hot bath. Oh that felt great. BF says I should do that for the next few nites till I am back in the swing of things again. It is so weird having someone to take care of me (who wants too) But then its the same for him too. We both are used to taking care of ourself cuz no one else would (except for when DS was around then he would do what he could) I feel much better today which I should seeing I went to bed early & didnt get up till 11.

I did do much better watching what I ate this week at work. Took in healthy snacks. When the guys at work ordered dinner I only got a sandwich & not the frys & drink that go with a combo. I also took in juice to drink after I finished my coffee. Drank a gallon of cranberry juice in 2 nites. I hope next week is easier on me.

My medical bills are finally starting to come in. Mercey Hospital came in yesterday. 4 days before my surgery I got a letter from them saying they wanted me to pay them $3200 on day of surgery. Thats what they figured I would owe after my insurance. I said no way & gave them $200. The bill is no where close to what they figured. I also have to ask them if the bill I have includes the $200 I gave them cuz it dont look like it. The bill says I owe less then $1200 which is a huge difference then what they figured. I'll have to be a good girl for awhile till I get these medical bills paid off. Specially since I now have a car payment & the insurance went up with the new car.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #77  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Dawn I'm sorry you had to work while you were still sick and your voice was giving out..and wow about the medical bills, and that different in price! Regarding payment, all I know is that if you contact their billing office and are upfront about a reasonable payment plan, I think they have to let you do that. And that is so nice that your guy shows you how much he cares for you

Reda, ugh!! I am so sorry about your weather! we had about an inch of snow today, then sleet, then ice..all white again out there and cold. But CONGRATS on being down five pounds!!! I hope it stays away

Hi Tammy, we will be positive and happy here But on a serious note I hope things are maybe better with the DH situation you mentioned the other week. Is your weather cooperating that you can be on Ms. Road King? I hope so!

Hi Colleen I think your vacation is coming right up? Hope the new job is going okay.

I am so fed up with my weight, I tell myself I am trying, and work out so much, and I weighed yesterday, and I'm up 4 pounds. And I haven't worked out in 4 days due to the world's worst head cold. And have wanted to eat everything I see. Trying to lose, then gaining four sucks!

But tomorrow is my last day at the yucky winter place for almost 3 weeks, so that will be great!! I will work a couple more days for him the beginning of May, and then the second week of May I'll start at the good summer job, then do just one afternoon a week at the yucky place for spending money

So with today's snow and cold, who knows when my first bike ride of the year will be
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #78  
Biker Chick!

hey everyone! I've been enjoying my days off SO much and hardly done anything productive STILL haven't had a ride yet, am getting so antsy.

Had the worst head cold for about a week, and didn't work out for 6 days in a row, which is awful for me! But I am back in full workout mode, doing those FitnessBlender workouts to challenge myself. Also found Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism on youtube, and OMG that one is hard! I was a stringy-haired, sweat-running-into-eyes-mess afterwards.

Doing fairly well with eating, though the scale isn't showing it. But I am a slow-ish loser, unless I'm doing South Beach strictly, and I just don't want to restrict myself that much. But I know I am eating less calories, if by even a few, and definitely burning more with the workouts.

Reda we haven't heard from you since you started getting snow

I am kinda at my summer job's office manager lady, i emailed her on Monday asking if she could please contact our Dept. of Labor and give them the form that shows I am promised back to their employ as of May 8th, so that I don't have to go on 3 documented job searches a week, so I can get 2 weeks of Unemployment Insurance. I can't beleive it but she hasn't gotten back to me, which is very sucky. I even asked someone else to see if she was out of town but she is not. What gives

we've had about 2 days where its gotten to 60 degrees, more 50 degree days, but today was high 40's and no sun. But the lawn is just starting to green up, that's a start.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls

Haven't been online much lately anywhere.... Been getting up evey morning to go to the gym and by time I get home from work then get supper ready, like this week we were home 1 night this whole week..... Hopeing to be home more this week just so I can get some **** done at home on my bike

Holly hope your summer job lady gets back to ya soon!!!

We had Karly all day today it was nice only get to see her on weekends if we are home- and once the weather starts getting nice we won't be home near as much- snow again tonight but come Friday Saturday and Sunday 70's so we have plans to go out riding this weekend

Off to bed if I am going to get up at 530 to go to the gym even though my eating has really sucked majorly
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #80  
Biker Chick!

Reda huge kudos to you for getting up so early to go to the gym!

The office lady never got back to me. So I went ahead and applied at 3 places for work...'yeah, Im looking for a job, but I'm promised to work somewhere else in 3 weeks'

today it was finally partly sunny and got up to about 55, first I did about 2 hours yard work...then...

HEY - I GOT MY BIKE OUT OF THE GARAGE TODAY!!

and promptly backed it into the ONE mud hole in our driveway

I swear to Godd I was trying SO hard as I was backing out of the garage to tell myself 'stay CLEAR of that friggin hole' and there I go right into it (rear tire) .

I tried with all my might to rock it out..then tried to go ahead a few inches, by this time the front was churned down to mud and I was fishtailing the rear

So I tried to put my sidestand down...AND I CAN'T because I am so low into that friggin hole that physics had me almost topple to the right with the sidestand down

SO...I sat on my bike for half an hour until our son came home and helped

by this time it was a little chilly to ride so I gave her a bath and wax instead..so she's ready for me tomorrow!! I know there is still a ton of sand and gravel at intersections and in town, so I'll be extra careful.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #81  

Hi Girls

Well we had to have one last ice/snow storm yesteday and on my to way to work I go through the ditch, barbwire fence and wooden post- so I called DH to come get me and take me back home- today everything is clear and this weekend we are forecasting upper 60's already have a bike ride set up for Saturday and Sunday

Holly to bad you didn't get to ride but hey I bet your bike is looking good and ready to go!!!! Did you get to ride today?

Well I have a sore throat setting in which sucks because I don't want anything to be keeping me home this weekend-
with that I am off to bed - it is only 8:30 but so tired
Have a Great Hump Day tomorrow
Old 04-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #82  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

wow...i never expected to find road sistahs here!! I know you'll understand that my biggest concern is about looking good on my bike....and ok, the health reasons blahblahblah.

I ride local w/ a group here (nor cal) and ride solo on long trips. Latest was to Sturgis last year. Been cross country and into Canada. Just got new hard bags for my bike and can't wait to get them on. My bike's name is Frank (03 HD deuce).

Anyhow....greetings! Now, i'm going to go read all your posts =D
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #83  
Biker Chick!

Hey Sunster!! HI and welcome!!!

Oh definitely the #1 reason is for us to look good on our bikes

as you read you might see that every chick here rides her own!! I think that's awesome though of course we would welcome passenger-only chicks also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperChick355 View Post
Hi Girls

Well we had to have one last ice/snow storm yesteday and on my to way to work I go through the ditch, barbwire fence and wooden post- so I called DH to come get me and take me back home-
that sucked!

I came here tonight to dance that I finally got out on my bike today!! Just to Stowe and back, about 35 miles, but it was great

I am doing so mediocre on weight loss!! I work out so well, have varied my workouts and increased intensity in the past 4 weeks, yet I am up one pound from almost 3 months ago. and I measured and I am not smaller in inches. Very discouraging, and I know all fault is mine, I start out the day so well and then because of other factors that I'm using as excuses, fail in the evenings.

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-24-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #84  

Sunster2- Kudos to you for taking on long solo rides DH
wouldn't like it to well if I took off on my own for along ride- I do go on short rides but usually not much over 60 miles one way
Tammy one of rider friends on here just sold her Duece and got a Roadking, if I remember right she was wanting hard bags as well- boy are they nicer and more room

Holly whoop whoop on riding - I also got to get my bike out friday for a bit - that would be SD weather ice sleet snow on Tuesday then 70 on Friday- which today we are now forcast upper 70's and just waiting for 1 person to get off work at noon and we are off so ready for some wind therapy!!!

Hi Tammy, Dawn and Aaron- hope all is well

Going out to get my bike all shined up and ready to go - maybe today I will finally get a few good pictures of the work I have done on the bike
Old 04-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #85  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the vibrant welcome!
Yesterday I weighed w/ clothes and BOOTS on (what a nut!?). thought I'd be in the 190's but it showed up 187. And now this am...180...i'm a happy gurl... =D ...and plan to weigh again next sat.

Rode Frank on errands yesterday and took some pics in a patch of poppies. Posting a photo here from shutterfly isn't working...think i have to go thru flickr or photobucket, right?

Sun
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

WELCOME SUNSTER!!!!! And, I love the name of your bike! Lol. Great job on weighing with your boots on and still weighing less!! That is awesome!!

I ride a 2010 RK, I caller her Road Queen. Lol. I wanted the tag to say Rd Queen but my DH was afraid he would have to ride her. Instead, she has diamond ice everywhere. I want men to know they have been passed by a girl.

Sorry for being MIA for awhile... I went to FL again... took the drug test for the job that they re offered.... but I bombed on the house.... so I guess we are going to stay in AR..... for a few more years. We are going to do the Dave Ramsey program and pay everything off.

I LOOOOOVEED drinking my coffee on the beach. But, all good things must come to an end.

Holly, Reda, I am so glad you are getting your bikes out. I might start riding mine to work tomorrow..... I want to get back into that, like I used to.

My weight is crawling up..... but I am going to nip it in the bud... I WONT be at goal by my 40th bday.... but I will be a work in progress. I guess it is just life?

Hi Dawn, Colleen, and Aaron.

Holly, I am sorry to laugh at your mishaps..... but the bike in the mud was pretty funny... but I know if anyone can overcome it you can.
Have you started the summer job yet or are you still getting the shaft by the manager? I hope it works out.... cause you deserve that job that you like.
Maybe you should start an internet baking business?? You are sooo good at it and you have EXCELLENT customer service! You would rock it.

Reda, how is Carly? I bet she is getting soooo big.

Well, I have things to do since I have been in FL for the past few days.

Will gab more later.

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Hi all.

Welcome Sunster! I'm from Wisconsin. Been on this forum, hit and miss for a couple of years. While doing good (as in behaving/dieting), I'm on a lot. So...that is my explanation of why I haven't checked in much!

I was thinking of you gals this weekend though. We got out to ride Friday night, Saturday morning, and most of the day today. I'm feeling comfortable riding on my own bike again. Today I had a turkey fly in front of me--everyone survived!

I have not been enjoying my new work/job. Training is sparse and inconsistent. I really like cut and dried answers to questions. This job is NOT like that! It is not black and white... more like dingy grey!

Vacation is over. It was wonderful! (the scale said I ate too good) So happy there was no cruise ship incidents! Worst thing that happened was someone stealing my new HD backpack with my sunscreen and swimsuit cover-up. I checked 3 times at lost and found... I had my eye out for anyone with my orange backpack!

I too got a kick out of you Holly...waiting it out in the driveway on your bike for help! That sucked, but you sure tell a funny story! Hope your headcold is gone by now.

Reda, I'd love to see pictures of your bike! I'm not sure I'm going to ride to work just yet. Kind of chilly in the mornings. Been in the 30's for temps.

Tammy, glad you enjoyed your trip to FL. Good luck with the finance plans! Easier said than done!

Dawn, hope things get back t normal for you! Feeling okay now?

Sunster, that is awesome for you to have gone on those long rides alone. Yes, it would be nice to look a little better on the bikes! Sounds like you are doing great!

Aaron, you out there? Busy?

Take care to all. Ride safe!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #88  
Biker Chick!

Hi Colleen! welcome back from vacay and YAY that it was not a floating horror show. Sorry to hear you are not liking the new job

Sun, congrats on being less than you thought!

Have been out on the bike almost each day, soooo great. I borrowed a tin of "Never Dull" stuff from my son, my bike had a few winter-grown rust spots which came right off, then I saw how insanely sparkly those areas were after buffing. I used that stuff on my footpegs, WOW they have not been so brilliant since new! I have Kury Zombie pegs http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/550/zombie-pegs which have all these crazy tiny spaces but I used a thin cloth between them like I was "flossing" the spaces, all the dirt came out and they look so great. I used that stuff also on my poor cheap aluminum wheels and they look so much better too.

Tammy sorry to hear about the house thing...stuff will work out for the best for you! because you deserve it oh, morning coffee on the beach sounds so nice!

I am doing so terrible with my eating, I swear I am even worse when I am trying to be better!! up another pound crap! lol
Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

LOL at the floating horror show!!! Holly, that never dull stuff sounds wonderful!

Bad weather again this week...snow, hail, storms. It's almost MAY for cripe sake!

I behaved for breakfast eating, and it progressively got worse with Taco Bell for lunch, bagels, and then chips... Oh boy!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #90  

Hi girls

Well my eating not so great

Colleen glad to hear vacay was good- we have been checking into planning our January trip we are thinking Domincan or Jamaica- who knows
Weather well we got 6" of that crazy white stuff today, what the heck!!!
30's are our highs for this week and into the weekend

Holly seems you have been enjoying your time off from work, even though you will be going to the job you love

Oh almost forgot you know racing season has now started officially Sunday night and DS went out there and kicked some butt and got 1st- whooop whoop

Hi Sunster, Dawn and Tammy