Steel Magnolias #37

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Good morning gals. Going to be a nice day here today even if it isn't particularly warm today. I am going to do some cleaning and work on this darn hat.

I couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble then when I looked stuff up found out you can't do intarsia in the round and the stitching is too spread out to do fair isle so will just have to make the hat and do duplicate stitch over the top for the logo and such. it doesn't look as nice, but nothing I can do about it I guess.

I think this morning is a nice 2 eggs, mushrooms and a bit of bacon bits kind of morning with a serving of fruit. The program is going a-ok for me and that's all I care about.

Jack finished the living room rug yesterday morning and not 5 minutes after he put the machine away, Fortune jumped down from the couch and puked on it in 3 places. {{{SIGH}}} So, I just spot cleaned it really well for now as we didn't want to haul the machine out again. Fortune licks on stuff and I stop him when I catch him, but I don't always and fuzz and hair from couches, pillows, blankets gets in his throat and he throws up.

Jack filed the taxes yesterday but the IRS has pushed the first acceptance date up to January 30th. It was the 20th before and would have been the 22 with the 20th on Sunday and a federal holiday yesterday. Ahh well, Royal Caribbean will just have to wait for the last payment to pay off the cruise for an extra two weeks I guess. At least they are done and we don't have to fool with them.

We are having lasagna for dinner tonight. It is higher in pts of course, but I cut way down on the cheese and sauce and such and only make two portions so no leftovers to dig into. Jack won't eat ricotta cheese so I use cheddar and mozzerella and I use heart smart prego sauce as it is really low in pts and ground sirloin. If Jack wants garlic bread, I will make him a piece and use spray butter and a bit of garlic on it.

Jean: Did you guys get a bunch of snow? I know Indiana got hit with snow yesterday and the schools are all closed today and such. You sure hit rock bottom with temps. I have seen the website for the stickers. Our groomer is from Florida originally and said you could buy guest passes but I couldn't find that it said they did that anymore so we will just have a bunch of one's ready to give to the toll booth guy I guess. You can but the same things in Indiana for the toll road and in the Chicago area for all their toll booths. We don't have tolls here anywhere. Years and years ago, Va Beach used to have a toll to drive down the main drag and if you didn't it took you forever to go from one place to another, but I guess after the road was all paid for, they didn't keep tolling as we went there several years later for my brother's wedding and the toll booths were gone. I haven't ever heard of that before. I did get the other skein of yarn for his hat, but have been going back and forth with it trying to get this logo thing solved.

Maggie: Powdered peanut butter? Now that is a new one to me. I have pb sandwiches for lunch sometimes, but I buy the reduced fat. It is a bit dryer than the full fat stuff though so you have to be careful about spreading it on bread. Since I "desugared" myself again, I don't crave it too much. I did have a taste of the cheesecake, but one bite is all I had. You ask me about the cheesecake. Well, it isn't cheesecake in the normal sense of the word. I am posting the recipe so you can see what it is about and maybe sometime you would want to cut the calories and such and make it as you can buy reduced fat crescent rolls.

SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE

16 OZ CREAM CHEESE
    2 CANS CRESCENT ROLLS
    1 CUP SUGAR
    1 TSP VANILLA
    ½ CUP MELTED BUTTER (USE BUTTER IT TASTES BETTER!)
    ½ CUP CINNAMON SUGAR (I just shook cinnamon in sugar and mixed until I got the consistency I wanted)
    GREASE PAN WITH PAM
    IN A 9 X 13 PAN, UNROLL ONE CAN OF ROLLS, PINCH SEAMS TOGETHER AND LINE BOTTOM OF PAN. MIX CREAM CHEESE AND SUGAR AND VANILLA. SPREAD OVER DOUGH IN BOTTOM OF PAN THEN UNROLL SECOND CAN AND COVER CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE WITH OTHER ROLLS. POUR THE BUTTER OVER THE TOP OF THE ROLLS THEN COVER COMPLETELY WITH THE CINNAMON SUGAR. BAKE 350 FOR 30 MINUTES

Well gals, I need to get to work. You all have a great day today and try and stay warm and dry. Faye
  • Closing

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

This thread is ofically closed for postings. Please goto #38