3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   It's a Worldy Chicks Winter Wonderland (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/270840-its-worldy-chicks-winter-wonderland.html)

MELODY525 12-01-2012 10:12 AM

It's a Worldy Chicks Winter Wonderland

http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumb...gthumbnail.jpg

A Winter Wonderlad where all things are possible in December!
Wishing all of you the very best of the Holiday season:ginger:

I am having a great Satuurday already.
The building is quiet.
I moved all the Christmas presents into one corner.
My bedroom is clutter free now.
Might be why I wasn't sleeping so good.
It was bothering me.
NOW IT'S TIME FOR MORE FO THE HALLMARK CHANNEL!!!!!:hohoho: :hohoho:

AND SOME CHRISTMAS CHEER FOR SHADDIE...............
http://www.trasferirsiaustralia.com/...humbs300/1.jpg

MELODY525 12-01-2012 10:15 AM

CEEJAY SAID:

"Mel
You are up early this morning. Glad your day was quiet yesterday. Mine was too. Getting ready to go to my uncles.

Happy
I'm going to put out a few decorations on Monday.

Laura
Think I'm going to the gym next week.
------
Ugh I saw a mouse last night. I dislike those creatures.

Made an appointment yesterday to get my eyes checked on December 13."

happy2bme 12-01-2012 10:20 AM

Morning Mel - thanks for setting up the new thread. I like it.

Happy travels Ceejay - enjoy your vacation.

I will be back to post after I catch up on reading...

Oh and Mel - we have popcorn gift tins with that exact scene on it - called "Winter Wonderland" ;)

MELODY525 12-01-2012 10:29 AM

:wave: WAVING FRANTICALLY AT HAPPY!! AND CRACKING UP ABOUT THE TINS!! ROFLMAO

MY SATURDAY POST:

http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...dt2ipsrvx9.gif

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE.

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE.

I HAD A LOVELY FRIDAY.
EVERYTHING WAS QUIET FOR THE MOST PART.
SPENT TIME WITH JEN.
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO REPORT. BORING DAY :rofl: :rofl:
HAVE A GREAT DAY.:moped:

CEEJAY~ GOOD FOR YOU HAVING THE "NO" ANSWER READY.
IT'S YOUR VACATION....HOLD ON TO IT!!
GLAD TO HEAR THE WATER TANK GOT AN APPROVAL!! GOOD JOB.
SAFE TRAVELS TO THE UNCLES.
HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME.:hug:

HAPPY~ GOOD IDEA NOT SITTING HERE WASTING TIME.
SO DID THE TREE GET UP & DECORATE ITSELF :tree:
DID DH GO SEARCHING FOR HIS PRESENTS???
I WATCHED A MAN ON TV WALKING AROUND WITH TURKEYS HE RAISED.
MADE ME THINK OF YOU & DH!!

LAURA...CRACKED UP ABOUT THE NEIGHBORS.
I WISH I COULD BE ANONYMOUS TOO. WE THINK ALIKE. LOL
I SEE TYHE SEARCH FOR GOOD TEAS GOES ON.
I MUST HAVE TRIED A TON OF TEA & GAVE THEM AWAY.
FOR SOME REASON THEY'RE ALL BITTER TO ME.
HAPPY HUNTING & HOPE YOU'RE NOT SORE TODAY!

happy2bme 12-01-2012 11:34 AM

Ok ladies, I am back.

Going to be a crummy work day today. I am on the 1pm to 8pm shift. And that's not counting clean up so it probably will be later than that. My tummy has been giving me troubles lately so I generally have a yogurt in the morning and sip ginger tea at work and then eat when I get home after 5. I hate this shift because noon is too early for me to eat and I don't want to tempt the tummy to act up. 9pm is far too late to eat when I get home. I did pick up some deli meat at the store yesterday - maybe I can take a half sandwich and some grapes or something light to snack on. I hope business is slow so we don't have to stay open that late this month anymore ;)

Didn't do too much yesterday - some laundry and grocery shopping. They had a rebate on chicken so I bought the required $25 worth and wrapped it in butcher / freezer paper and stowed it away. Then I read the rebate slip and I need the BAR code from the package as proof of purchase. :rolleyes: Was going to put up the tree and then I realized that while I have the tree in a box and all the lights and decorations neatly in plastic tubs, one of the most important things is the darn tree stand which was big so I had it just sitting on the decorations in the attic in TN. Now it's packed heaven knows where in a box. Problem is my tree stand is white because my tree is white (with ornaments of a champagne color, light pink and maroon). You can't find white tree stands - only the basic red and green which would look horrid - even covered with a tree skirt. So I have to rethink this a bit... trouble is it's already December so I need to get a move on with decorating. Will find out when I go in today just how bad my work schedule is going to be. Honestly I'm kinda done with this job. It was fun for a while but I don't make enough money to really make it worth while. And it's interfering with other stuff I want to do. I just feel bad about quitting. The owner's DH is working another job so she kind of depends on us for the help. And it's the busy season this month so it would leave her in a lurch if I walked out. Not sure what to do...

I just can't believe how fast this year has flown by. I guess I am also feeling guilty that I haven't achieved as much as I wanted to when the year started and I had a fresh palatte in front of me.

Annie - hope you have great weather (I hear it's warmer south of me so I hope it extends out your way). A lovely day for the wedding and a good time to be had by all. Dance your socks off, make merry and post us a picture or two when you can.

Laura - hope you have a lively discussion at bookclub tonight. Certainly an interesting book to discuss. I know what you mean about having too many foils in your head if you get a couple of colors blended into the hair. I always hoped a big lightening storm did not swing by while I was sitting in the chair - talk about being a lightning rod :yikes: :lol:

Shad - hope you are on your own in the peace and quiet, exploring some nice market. I was talking with my sister yesterday. She is an admitted honey snob. Told her I'd have to get my hands on some Kiwi honey again and she said "don't you DARE get me hooked on the really good stuff" :rofl: I guess she has a good palatte like yours for the various tastes of the honeys.

Mel - I asked DH what kind of presents he wanted - he is thinking of maybe investing in ice fishing equipment this winter. I said sure, I know just what to buy for that kind of stuff :?: :shrug: I said I'd give it a try for about 2 hours or before I got too cold or had to go to the potty. I guess you buy a tent and get a propane heater but you still have to drill holes in the ice to drop your line and it gets wet and not very comfortable in there. We'll send him fishing and we'll just sit in the warm house and chat and just cook up the stuff once he brings home the cleaned fillets, right? It's nice that you had a quiet night to spend with Jen. The thing with the bitter tea is - you brew it too long - especially green tea. This is a problem because green teas are lighter in taste and if you are used to black teas, one tends to leave the green teas steep too long and they get bitter. If you only let the bag steep for the minute or two they recommend, the taste is so light it's barely above plain water. Takes a long time to get used to it. I also find that alot of the commercial herbal teas are just not that good - taste more like sugar water and no other flavor. I am trying to get used to tea with no sweetner but that's a difficult one. I guess we just have to stick with our holiday peppermint cappachino's eh lady? :coffee2:

Ceejay - hope you have a very nice time on your vacation and enjoy your visits with the family.

Michelle - have a good weekend too. Hope you get some time to play with Santa and have some relaxation time.

:wave: to the rest of the Worldlies. I should try and get a thing or two done before I head off to the store.

Happy December chicks. :xcheer::wreath:

Hotcupojava 12-01-2012 12:20 PM

Clomp.... drag.... clomp.... drag....

Turtle slugging through the snow and following all you wonderful worldly ladies. Okay, there's not really any snow here. In fact, today looks very sunny and warm. It's our last football AND home game of the year, (we're playing Kansas) so I'm getting ready for a busy day at work.:cheer3:

I just wanted to answer role call (or is it roll call? I always get confused by that) and let you know I'm still lurking, reading and caring VERY much about you all. Merry Christmas, Happy New and Happy Holidays to all and to all a good day.

:clause:

Shad 12-01-2012 05:13 PM

Morning all,
Went shopping and marketing yesterday and probably spent more than I should have. But I have enough to keep me going for the next couple of weeks and there is only about 3 weeks of this contract to go. Whether or not they will extend is still up for debate. Whether or not I will extend is still up for debate as well. Nothing much else going on in the world of training so I need to think fairly carefully about this.

Well my beloved All Blacks lost last night for the first time in 20 games in a row. It had to happen sometime and it was the last game in a very long season for them. Today Mr McCawesome starts his sabbatical.
Happy - funny you should talk about honey. At the markets 2 weeks ago, I found some Top End honey flavoured with the local flora. There was Bloodwood Honey (sort of red) Blackbutt honey ( I think) and Waterlily honey which is a very pale clear honey with a very delicate flavour. Would be lovely over a good vanilla icecream or some of Maggie Beers Vanilla Bean and Elderflower icecream. I bought some for my friend Chris who is looking after my garden. The lady I bought it from tells me that they don't know for sure that it is from waterlilies but that they are the only flower for miles around where the beehives that give that particular honey are situated. Seems like I need to stockpile honey for when I come over next. I'll look out for some good stuff. We should get her hooked :crazy: just because she is your sister. :lol3:

Ceejay - enjoy your vacation.

Michelle - hope you are getting a relaxing weekend in.

Be back with more personals shortly. Meantime I have a couple of other type of personal things to do so will be back after that. I'm going to post so I don't lose the post so far.

MELODY525 12-02-2012 07:15 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...1b95o1_250.jpg

MORNING CHICKLETTES.
AND A LOVELY FOGGY MORNING IT IS HERE.
CAN BARELY SEE MY NEIGHBORS BEHIND ME. :yikes:
GUESS THAT MEANS THE WARMER AIR IS ON IT'S WAY.
LOOKING ALL OVER FOR MY SHORTS AND TANK TOPS:beach:

NOTHING NEW HERE. I DID LITTLE JOBS ALL DAY.
THEN WATCHED TV IN BETWEEN.
WENT DOWN TO LOOK FOR THE CHRISTMAS TREE AGAIN. NO LUCK.
AND OF COURSE NO ONE IN MAINTENANCE COULD DO IT THE ENTIRE WEEK :faint:
TOMORROW THE WHIPS & CHAINS COME OUT. :rollpin:
TIME TO FEED MY GROWLING BELLY.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY :rudolph:

HAPPY~ DON'T END THE YEAR WITH FEELINGS OF REGRET.
THERE IS A NEW PALLETTE AND IT'S CALLED THE NEW YEAR!!:hug:
LET IT ALL GO. IT IS WHAT IT IS. LOOK AT ALL YOU DID DO THIS YEAR.
IS THE JOB NECESSARY TO THE FINANCES?
IF NOT THEN QUIT AFTER THE HOLIDAYS IF YOU CAN HOLD ON.
I AM ALWAYS ONE FOR BEING CAREFUL NOT TO BURN BRIDGES. lol
HOPE THE WEEKEND HELPS YOU FIND YOUR TREESTAND!!!:tree:

MARY~ I HAD TO LOOK IT UP....AND GLAD YOU ANSWERED THE ROLL CALL!!:lol3: :lol3:
WISHING YOU AND MR POOH BEAR A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON. :hohoho:
GOOD LUCK WITH THE LAST GAME....RO WAS IT YESTERDAY? :cheer: :cheer1: :cheer3:

SHAD~ I GUESS YOU GOT LOST. SENDING OUT THE SEARCHING PARTY!
I WELL UNDERSTAND THE DILEMMA ABOUT "RE-ENLISTING" IN THE GOVT!!:rofl:
BUT WORK SOMETIMES IS WORK I GUESS.
THINGS ARE SLOW HERE TOO.
ONE OF OUR COMP. MEN SAID HE'S LOST A LOT OF JOBS THIS YEAR.
HE'S YOUNG AND HAS A YOUNG FAMILY TOO. GEEZ.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION. WE ARE HERE TO GIVE OUT:hug:

MELODY525 12-02-2012 07:16 AM

Happy......get A Cheap Stand And Spray Paint It White!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Just Got The Idea When I Was Logging Out. Roflmao

happy2bme 12-02-2012 09:33 AM

Good Sunday mornin' kids,

Foggy one here. Last night DH came to pick me up from the store and while it wasn't bad in town, I was amazed at the thick fog once we got to the forested area. Couldn't see more than a couple of feet in front of us on our road. At least it wasn't icy. Still a big foggy this morning. Snow is slowly melting but we need Mr. Sun to finish the job because if this stuff freezes in it's current state, it's going to be miserable.

Yesterday was a LONG workday. 1 to 8:45pm. My feet were complaining loudly. I did a nice foot soak, talked to Mom for a bit, took some Motrin PM and I was in bed 2 hours after I walked in the door. Today is another work day. She's got us both pretty booked up this month. I'm working one day on, 2 days off and working the weekends so 4 days a week. My coworker is doing even more which is fine by her - she really needs as much money as she can get. DH is thinking about getting gear to do ice fishing - the walleye is SO GOOD in the winter. That will cost a bit of money for the auger to drill the hole in the ice, the warming tent you need to sit on the lake, a propane heater and of course the fishing gear. I decided I will work the longer schedule this month and pretty much give him all my pay as a Christmas present to get his fishing gear. Not so sure I will sit with him out there - at least not in the winter - but I said I'd give it a try. I do like to eat the fish tho. :lol:

Mel - I'm starting to think that this year I just do the small fiber optic tree again along with some festive decorations on the mantle, tables and furniture tops ;) But thanks for the painting suggestion. Did you find your shorts and skinny t-shirts? :rofl: Beware of "headlights" --- it's not THAT warm out there but maybe you will get the maintenance guys attention in finding that tree :lol3: Love the picture of the ice skates - memories of long ago. Now I'd be afraid I'd fall down and 1) never be able to get up again and 2) break things beyond all repair :lol: Maybe skates with an aluminum walker to stay upright - I'm sure the thing will slide nicely if we put the half tennis balls on the feet of the walker. Enjoy your movies today.

Shad - I was thinking of some Tasmanian Leatherwood honey. I know that's not Kiwi - hard to find the authentic stuff on this side of the globe. Sister tends to drink it mostly in tea so not sure how well strong floral notes work with that. Laughed at your comment that we should get her hooked on the good stuff :rofl: Hope you come to a good decision on the job front. I can imagine it's like juggling to decide what's best - walk away from the goofiness or just shrug it off and take the paycheck. Never an easy decision.

Hello Mary, thanks for checking in. Hope your team wins the game.

Time for me to go stand in the hot shower and bask for a few minutes. Have a good Sunday chicks. :wave:

Laura705 12-02-2012 01:32 PM

Morning ladies.

Mel - Thanks for getting is started with a new thread. I just flipped the fridge calendar page. Glad all has been quiet in the building. Sorry you couldn't find the Christmas tree. Well, someone else probably stowed it away, and that's your excuse, and the movers stored Happy's stand, and that's her excuse. I sure hope we can find all our stuff- we'll have no excuse. Then we're left with blaming each other!! :lol: Love those wintery pics you posted. Reminds me that i want to somehow figure out if the Barbara Stanwyck movie "Christmas in Connecticut" will be aired somewhere on cable this year - one of my faves.

Happy- Sorry the job isn't working out- too many hours & hard on the body & the payback isn't worth it. :(. Hope you can stick it out for the month. Any possibility the other employee can take some is the hours? Or will the logistics not allow it?? I like Mel's idea about painting a stand, but maybe it'll be satisfactory enough to put out all the tabletop & other decor. I love the tree, but a big part of that is enjoying the glow of the colored lights, and if I couldn't have the tree I'd certainly try to string lights somewhere. The white tree does sound lovely though... Can't wait to hear some ice fishing stories!!

Ceejay- Hope you're enjoying your time at the uncles'. :)

Shad - never much thought about how honeys differ based on the nectars - how interesting. I have to say that I'm not much into honey, but I can't say I've ever given it much of a chance. Maybe I should stop trying to find my perfect tea & find the perfect honey with which to flavor it, lol. Lol, getting Happy's sis hooked on the good stuff, spoiling her for the common domestic variety, haha.

Annie - How was the wedding??

Hi Mary!!
--
No longer morning here. Cleaned the kitchen in anticipation of bf's mom coming for Sunday dinner, but she was out & about yesterday & tired herself out & begged off. Kitc hen would have been cleaned anyway, but now it's sooner rather than later, lol.

Yesterday started with me arriving in the rec Plex Parking lot only to realize I'd taken the car keys out of my purse & left the purse at home leaving me with no punchcard or drivers ' license. I went back home to wait for the next class. When I got home without house keys, bf didn't hear my knocks or doorbell ringing (or dog barking, for Pete's sake). I went into the backyard to go to the bedroom window, and who should I find but our puppy neighbor, come to visit again. :D

I did get back to a class at the rec Plex- get this class title: "4G: guts, guns, glutes & glory". :rofl: but 5G might be more correct because my gams are really feeling it today from all the squats we did!! Good workout, just wish it started earlier and not at 10:40 am.

After lunch, i tried on shoes & I think I found some sneakers that will work for me. I'd feel good about shopping locally if the price weren't much, MUCH less expensive online! I'll probably order them today.

I made two batches of brownies, one sans nuts for the book club & one w pecans for bf. both turned out well. I left the remaining plain brownies at book club but I wish I'd remembered to take my platter home. Hopefully I'll get it back this week - I'll have a couple opportunities.

Book club was fun - not an excess amount of kid/mom talk, and there was even some book talk! We all liked it & are looking forward to getting together Friday to watch the movie version. The ornament exchange was fun too, some very cute ornaments.

Well, probably should get busy with getting the outdoor lights & decor out & hung before we get more rain. Off to get dressed.

Everyone have a great Sunday/Monday. TTFN.

ceejay52 12-02-2012 07:07 PM

I'm back home after a nice visit with the uncles. One uncle couldn't make it due to a pulled hamstring.

My aunt and I went shopping afterwards. I tried on a couple of tops but my body shape is to outta whack for any type style right now. It's time to get serious again with the weight loss.

Mary
Thanks for checking in. We miss you when you don't post.

Mel
Thanks for starting the new thread. Luckily I know where my Christmas stuff is and I'm getting it out of storage tomorrow. My small apt. doesn't need a lot to make it festive but I do like some Christmas decorations. This is the first year in a long time that I have some Christmas spirit.

Happy
Can you sit down for while there is no customers? And possibly start cleaning a bit early if there are no customers.

Laura
I like the title of the exercise class. I hate squats mainly because of the knees. I'm trying to modify some of my excerise dvd's. but they are still a bit much.

Shad
Are things getting a bit better at work?

Shad 12-02-2012 09:04 PM

Guess I got lost in the personals yesterday. Can't think straight these days. Got one of the project members who lives downstairs from me doing the DRAMA QUEEN thing and I just let her rant and rave in between stuffing slices of cheese, biscuit and tomato down her throat. She is off to Katherine today and tomorrow so don't have to worry about it for a couple of days.
Keep calm and carry on stuffing the chicken while the words pour over my head.

Mary - good to see you on board again even if it is a once a month only check in. Patty should be in soon too I guess.

Happy - the Christmas tree stand will be in the last box you look into. After that you stop looking :lol3: Tasmanian Leatherwood honey - well at least it was Tasmanian. Good Food place the little island.
Keep calm and see if that p*sses the sister off.

Mel - I came back. Wouldn't mind being in the surf at the moment. BUT, there is crocodiles out there, some kid got taken by one over the weekend. It is darned hot here and the thunder clouds are building up again. Guess we will get another 'Darwin shower' shortly. Think 10 mins under the shower on the top blast force and you have a Darwin Shower. Don't last for long but an awful lot of water falls from the sky. The winds blow and the humidity climbs, then everything carries on much as before.
Keep calm and hold the umbrella steady.

Ceejay - our problem is that we have a whole lot of chiefs and not enough indians. Everyone runs around telling someone else what to do and little gets done. I've been 'invited' to a meeting tomorrow that will provide no benefit to anything at all. And to top it off, the other half of the equation will not be there and the 'organiser' is not inviting any of the people who should be involved. Stupidity reigns supreme.
Keep calm and let them think they are the boss.

Okay - seems like I might have run out of people. I hope Annies wedding went off okay and the g/f of the ex didn't get to stroppy or at least Annie did not get too stroppy. Always where there are people gathered for a happy time (and sometimes for a sad time as well) there is those who would spoil the party. That's life.
Keep calm and and avoid the fallout

Right - going now. Have work to do, orders given which will no doubt get changed tomorrow, and I am removing myself out to Highway House to get out of the direct firing line. I can ignore e-Mail.
Keep calm and pretend to work while reading facebook and the 3FC

Shad 12-02-2012 10:35 PM

Just saw a sign in the office:

The world would be a better place if everyone just took a chill pill.
It would be an even better place if some of them choked on it.

happy2bme 12-03-2012 02:53 AM

Shad - love it :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

MELODY525 12-03-2012 07:35 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...yv4go1_250.jpg

MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD:cofdate:

THE BOSS CAME ON TO DECORATE THE TREE YESTERDAY.
IT WAS NOT THE QUIET DAY I EXPECTED TO HAVE.
I HAVE TO WORK A BIT TODAY.

HAD DINNER WITH JEN & RICHIE.
THEY WENT OUT FOR MICKEY D'S. YUM!
IT'S A NICE TREAT ONCE IN AWHILE.

JUST GETTING A LIST AND MY STUFF READY FOR THURSDAY.
TRADERS IN THE MORNING AND THE MEETINGS THAT NIGHT.
THAT'S ALL THE HEALINES FOR TODAY.
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY:moped:

HAPPY.....I THINK OF "GRUMPY OLD MEN" WHEN YOU MENTION THE ICE FISHING. :rofl:
SOME GUYS REALLY GO FOR THAT SPORT. HOPE HE LIKES IT.
THAT WAS A LONG DAY YOU PUT IN. HOPE THE FOOTSIES MAKE IT THRU THE WEEK.
MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST PUT THE SAKTES ON THE WALKER!
THEN YOU CAN GLIDE ALONG WITHOUT THE TENNIS BALLS!!
NO HEADLIGHTS FOR THE MAINTENANCE MEN.
AT THIS POIINT I WOULD RATHER SMACK THEM THAN SACK THEM!!!:rollpin:

LAURA....THE WEEKEND SOUNDED NICE EXCEPT FOR THE BF GOING DEAF!!:rofl:
LUCKY NO ONE CALLED THE COPS ABOUT A STRANGE LADY GOING THRU A WINDOW:lol3: :lol3:
THE 4 G CLASS .....5 G CLASS?
OMG I AM CRACKING UP OVER HERE!!
I TRIED AN ORNAMENT EXCHANGE IDEA HERE....BUT THERE WERE NO TAKERS.
NOW WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A GRAB BAG OR SECRET SANTA.
BUNCH OF SCROOGES!! BAH HUMBUG.

CEEJAY....HOPE THE ONE UNCLE FEELS BETTER:hug:
I AM TRYING TO BE SERIOUS BEFORE I BEGIN GAINING WEIGHT FOR THE HOLIDAYS.
HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME ON YOUR DAYS OFF:encore:
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!!:xcheer:

SHAD....KEEP CALM AND DON'T LOAD THE GUN!!
YOUR POST CRACKED ME UP BUT I KNOW IT'S NOT NICE WORKING THERE.
RICHIE TOLD ME LAST NIGHT HE WAS WATCHING SHOWS ABOUT THE WORLD ENDING ON THE 12TH. MAYBE I'LL WAIT TO PAY BILLS TILL THE 13TH!!
I HAD A DRAMA QUEEN YESTERDAY. WAS IT YOURS??
IF SO I'LL SEND HER RIGHT BACK TO YA!:rofl:
SO....IF I COME THERE AND TALK DRAMA, YOU'LL FEED ME CHEES., BISCUITS & TOMATOES??? OK....IT'S A DEAL!! :scooter:
HOLD ON TO THAT UMBRELLA. THEY SOUND LIKE UNREAL STORMS!!
YOU'LL BE A BLODDY MARY POPPINS!!!

diyana 12-03-2012 08:31 AM

Good morning ladies -

I have to keep this very short as I have a ton of work to do. I spent Friday evening and most of Saturday getting caught up on "work stuff", then spent Sunday over at the old house doing laundry, watching the Packer game on the ex's big screen TV, and working on divorce paperwork. The ex was putting out the lawn decorations since it was so unseasonably warm out.

After the Packer game, I went with the ex and ex-DMIL to the Humane Society's Festival of Trees. Local businesses and organizations decorate artificial trees and wreaths in a variety of creative themes. The trees and wreaths/arrangements are always gorgeous, and are put up for raffle. The ex and I are getting along well enough to spend time together. This event was a little difficult though, becasue this is something we used to go to every year as a couple, and it was weird being there and not being a couple anymore. Oh well, at least it's my last Christmas in WI, so I'll be making new traditions next year.

It was far from a relaxing weekend, and this week will no doubt be very busy as well. Sorry I don't have time for personals. I really miss being able to catch up with y'all on a daily basis.

Much love and many hugs,

annie175 12-03-2012 08:48 AM

Happy Monday....the first after a beautiful weddling.....it was gorgeous. I have not had a moment to myself to upload pictures...I did share a few on FB from my DILs page. One of the wedding party. It was all too cute. My dad did his best to get up and dance with the bride for a song. She joined him at his table/chair as he doesn't walk to well and had put in many steps he does not normally do already. My BFF from St. Louis and I hugged and bawled our eyes out when they danced. As did my DD and DS, even Curtis had a tear in his eye. C said that was the first wedding he ever got teary eyed at...haha. X and his GF were civil, neither one said two words to me or Samantha. I however went over a spoke to his sister and her hubby, as they all loved me and are Samantha's Godparents. We had a nice visit, they even came over and said hello to my dad. I am sure it burned Xs GF. hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahha, I LOVED IT...I guess that is a little evil. Forgive me father for I did not know what I was doing....NOT...bad Annie. Xs GF only did one thing out of line that wasn't too bad. Me and my nephew looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and laughed. LIL man did not want anything to do with riding in the wagon being pulled by a stranger so Samantha (who was dressed to kill and looked like a model) carried him. Beautiful! MELLIE would have loved this wedding...Christmas themed....Christmas pines everywhere, decorated. White Christmas lights everywhere, the flower girls dropped fake snow and snow flakes instead of flower petals. Just beautiful! It was 60 and no snow!

We have a huge finance meeting that start at 10 am that is going to take up most of my time today and tomorrow, so I don't know how much I will be able to post after this....

Hello everyone..70 degrees here

Loves and hugs.

Laura705 12-03-2012 11:54 AM

Morning all. In the 60's today, but sprinkly. The winter weather can wait as far as I'm concerned!

Ceejay – You must be in the Christmas spirit because you got a bonus check, right? :lol: So how’s vacation so far?? It’s not your body, it’s the styles available that don’t flatter. Not only are there still skinny jeans, but now they are brightly colored – nothing like highlighting that part of the body! :yikes: Those are for very few women (or should be), perhaps just pre-teens, LOL. There are alternatives to squats, such as doing leg extensions while wearing ankle weights, or doing the machines at the gym. As long as you don’t overdo on the reps or the weight and your form is correct, you can work your quads safely somehow, just remember Rule #1 – if it hurts, STOP! ;)

Shad – OMG, that’s horrible about the boy being taken by the croc. Stay out of the water!! Love that quote about the chill pill!!! :p

Mel – Yes, when I think of ice-fishing, I think of the movie “Grumpy Old Men”. :D I also think of an episode of Frasier. I also think of the NPR radio show "Prairie Home Companion" and the host whatshisname’s monolog “The News from Lake Woebegon”. Re trying to get in the house - bf said that perhaps the reason he didn’t hear the knocking/doorbell was that my brother had phoned and he didn’t pick up the phone, so the answering machine kicked in (right on the nightstand next to him) and my brother’s voice (rather loud, I agree) drowned everything out! I wasn’t quite at the point of having to break into the house, I was just going to rap loudly on the bedroom window closest to him... We had a Secret Santa in the department last year and I’m crossing my fingers they don’t want to do it again. I feel no closer to the other half of our joined department than I did last year this time.

Michelle – Sorry you had to spend a lot of your weekend working. At least you had time for relaxation on Sunday. The Festival of Trees sounds so nice! I love checking out holiday decorations. Bf and I have a couple tickets to the Omnimax theater at the Museum of Science & Industry to use before year’s end, so we should be able to see the MSI’s “Christmas Around the World” exhibit when we go there. We miss you here too, but right now work has got to come first!! Come visit when you can.

Annie – The wedding sounds like it was wonderful! Glad you had such a nice time. Love the snowflakes being dropped – all the more memorable because of the unseasonally warm weather you had. I bet C will also get teary when you two wed…
--
Nothing much to report for me. We didn’t get the lights/décor up yesterday and bf and I argued about that. I pointed out that the weather might not be quite as nice today or tomorrow and he’ll have to do it on his own as well…whatever. He probably wants the weather to be crummy and to do it on his own so that he can complain about it. Whatever…

I decided to try making a loaf of wheat bread in the bread machine yesterday, but the yeast must have been an old packet. It didn’t rise and it came out like a brick. I will try again with fresh yeast. And fresher wheat flour for that matter. Our instant read thermometer went out and the display is still intermittently out even after changing the battery. It was a cheapo unit, so we’ve decided to buy a nicer one. We still have $$ on a Williams-Sonoma gift card, so we’ll go there for it.

I walked doggy, did a couple loads of laundry, and ordered my sneakers. We watched some tv and that was about it for yesterday.

Nothing planned tonight. My legs are still sore, but I should do an exercise class, or maybe go to the gym. We’ll see. I’ve decided I’ll probably skip the movie night on Tuesday, especially since I’m going to watch Delores Claiborne with the book club on Friday.

happy2bme 12-03-2012 11:56 AM

Good morning fine ladies of the world,

I have 3 days off :dance: feels like vacation. I did go in yesterday and only had 1 little bitty sale and that was right as I was calling the owner after sitting there for 4 hours doing nothing. Closed up and went home - what a waste of time. Across the street from the store is a hot dog place with yummy hot dogs, Chicago style Italian beef and Italian sausage sandwiches. I have gotten to know the owner quite well since it's often been a quick lunch or dinner for me when working. She came over Saturday and hand delivered my dinner and told me that she is closing her business for good this week. I was so sad - I will miss her and her food. I also hate to see any business close down here. Her's is the 4th restaurant to have closed this year and I am starting to notice that many businesses have For Sale signs on the properties. This is a seasonal town and it's really hard making a go of things year round. Ours is the bigger town that everyone comes to, would hate to see this become one of the ghost towns like the smaller communities around us. I guess people are also dependent on the snowmobiliers and hunters business and so far, we're not getting much snow either. Right now it's very very foggy out - so much so that I'm glad I have groceries to tide me over and I'm planning on hanging out here at least today and tomorrow. Was thinking of dinner at a local diner since we've been trying to catch "Burger Monday" for a few weeks, but if it's dense fog, we'll stay home.

Annie - the wedding sounded like it was absolutely gorgeous - so happy for all that it was a good day. Good that the ex stayed in the backdrop where he belonged. So sad that he did not even speak to his own daughter. :( Guess that's why he's an ex, right. But the important thing is that it was a good and special day for the wedded couple. Nice that Dad had some fun too. Ok, I am having issues with one of the advertisements and my post again. I am typing in advanced mode so I see a subset of smilies on the side of my post. The dancing carrot occasionally freezes, then starts dancing again and I am having issues typing. Going to post this and refresh and try again.

happy2bme 12-03-2012 12:26 PM

ok, carrot man is continually dancing so I guess I'm good to go :rofl:

Now that I refreshed I can see Laura posted too. Lemme go read up...

Oh and Annie - I love the idea of dropping snowflakes at the wedding. Must have been lovely...

Laura - I guess I must make bread seasonally since it seems like my yeast has always expired when I'm in the mood to make a loaf - been thinking about the wonderful smell of a fresh loaf lately :cloud9: Last week at the Girls Night Out shopping party I picked up a box of the Pampered Chef bread mix - love it made with a can of ginger ale or beer. I'm glad you finally got BF's attention before you tried climbing in the window and he'd have to hit you with a broom :lol: I think ladies have keener ears or maybe the guys just tune so much out that they don't hear what they should ;) I call it "forgot to listen and or care...." Sounds like the last bookclub meeting was fun with both the discussion and the ornament exchange. That's a pretty neat idea to discuss the book and then see the movie and compare. I vaguely remember that I saw the movie too and thought Kathy Bates did an outstanding job of bringing Delores to life. Enjoy.

Michelle - Festival of Trees sounded like fun - glad you got to go and see it. I guess if this is going to be your last Christmas in Wisconsin, you'd better soak up the snow - to me it's not Christmas if it's 60 degrees outside - except for you Shad where Christmas is in summer ;) I understand how busy you are, just post when you can - always good to hear from you.

Mel - kinda sad that the oldsters don't want to do an exchange - could be fun but there's always a bunch of Crabby Appleton spoilers :rolleyes: Do you do the craft things anymore? Haven't heard you talk about them very much. Do you have a tree up in the lobby or is it too windy in there? LOL on the Grumpy Old Men - I'm sure there's a bunch of them on the lake fishin' - especially if I was to go there and heaven forbid - talk - when I went out with DH. I don't understand the appeal of sitting on a thick bed of ice and being quiet staring at a hole :shrug:

Shad - is it nice and quiet today with the drama queen gone? Maybe you could actually get something done. So I'm taking it that there are better honeys than the Leatherwood - I'll keep looking. I was a bit put off as they say some people remarket the honey and heat it which ruins the good properties of honey. If nothing else we have a local apiary which my sister absolutely loved. At least then you know what you're getting. Your description of the rainstorm reminded me of Memphis - never saw it rain so hard. Then the sun comes out and the steamy humidity creeps in.

Ceejay - not really possible to sit down at work. There is a chair in the corner but it's high and hard to get into and they have a stool but it seems the minute you sit, someone comes into the store. Once in a while when I work on some computer stuff, I can sit on that chair for a bit and give my feet a rest. Glad you had a good trip to visit the uncles. Are you off for a few days more now? I know what you mean about the clothing styles - they seem to forget there is more than one body type buying clothes. Most seems to be made for tall, skinny young girls with very fitted clothes. Reminds me of the 70's where everything was tiny and stylish and if you were above a size 11/12 - it was polyester frumpy hhe-lll. I've been looking for some winter pullover sweaters as a change of pace and not finding anything out there. I guess you'll run across something when you're not really looking for anything :D

I think I'm going to do some house cleaning and get some of the decorations up. I have 3 days off and that's the biggest block of time I'll have to myself until Christmas so I need to make the most of it. I'm debating about sending out cards - alot of people have just given up on it. Guess I'll mull it over as I'm setting out the decorations.

Yummm DH just made some toast and the smell is wafting up here into the loft area. Makes me hungry - think I'll snitch a piece when he's not looking :lol: Have a good one ladies...

Shad 12-03-2012 04:38 PM

Quick one,

Happy, cast an eye over this. http://www.justfoodnow.com/2010/12/2...-in-the-world/. Should I order some of the most expensive stuff??

ceejay52 12-03-2012 07:29 PM

Happy
My vacation started on Saturday. I'll go back to work on Sunday.

Michelle
Glad you had a nice outing to go see the Festival of Lights.

Laura
Yes, I did get both my Christmas bonus at work and the one I had at the bank. I think the reason that I'm in a mild Christmas spirit is that I'm not as depressed as I once was.

Mel
It's sad to think that the seniors do not want to have a gift exchange. Sometimes a simple Christmas card will do to get them is the spirit of things.

Shad
I like that saying. Maybe I should put it up at the water plant.

-------
My vacation started Saturday and I'm beginning to feel less stressed.
It was beautiful today so I decided to get outside and mulch the leaves. Think I started a chain reaction as I heard other lawn mowers start up.
My neighbors down the street must have been coming to my neighbors next door but she was gone. They stopped and asked me to take them uptown. Actually thought I'd stop what I was doing and take them as they told me they needed to go then. I told them I was going to finish and then I was going to rest an hour. I told them I would but after that. The went somewhere else and stopped back by--hoping that I jump up and take them. I stood my ground. While they were sitting there I told them this was my vacation for me and me only. If they come back I'm not accepting visitors.
Watched Santa Clause 3 with Tim Allen late this afternoon.
My neighbor is supposed to come and clean tomorrow. I'm going to have to say no to her also if she ask again this month to clean. It's only been two weeks since she's cleaned. And I'm saying no to her tomorrow if she want to use the lawn mower to mulch her leaves. The lawn mower needs a new handle.

happy2bme 12-03-2012 08:15 PM

Shad - I've heard of a couple of those honeys. The thing that worried me as I was researching them was that some - like anything - are less than pure, heated or not as carefully produced just to make a quick buck. So outside of dealing with an apiary directly, not sure who to trust. But that did look good enough that I think I'll make a nice cuppa tea and have a dash of the local stuff. I wonder if it tastes like pine needles? :lol:

Ceejay :cp: for standing your ground, finishing your task at hand and not being a doormat for the pesky people around you. I'm glad you are enjoying your vacation and in more of a holiday mood this year. Now all you need is a little snow, no? :D

Shad 12-04-2012 02:11 AM

www.airborne.co.nz/processing.shtml

Gives the facts about heating honey.

I know this place, it is run by a friend of a friend of a friend. 6 degrees of separation doesn't exist in NZ.

MELODY525 12-04-2012 07:56 AM

`http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv...3v8to1_400.png

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.

NOT REALLY MUCH TO REPORT.
WORKED A BIT AND THEN DID NOTHING.
THE WARMER THE WEATHER GETS, THE CRAPPIER JEN & I FEEL.
THIS IS NO FUN!! ALL SINUS REALTED THOUGH.
HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT DAY:moped:
I NEED TO CLARIFY SOMETHING I SAID...IT'S NOT THE SENIORS WITH THE CHRISTMAS SCROOGE FEELINGS, IT'S THE OFFICE & MAINTENANCE STAFFS. SO BECAUSE OF THEIR ATTITUDE, EVERYTHING WAS CANCELLED. :cry:

ANNIE....I AM SO GLAD THE WEATHER AND THE WEDDING WERE SO FINE!!
YAY!! :cheers: HOPE THE 2 OF THEM WILL BE VERY HAPPY TOGETHER:hug:
I CRACKED UP AT THE EX & GF. VERY FUNNY INDEED.
THEY MUST HAVE BEEN STEAMING. I KNOW WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO GLOAT BUT THEY DESERVED HAVING TO WATCH THE VISITING WITH DAD.
HOW CUTE WAS THAT WITH DAD DANCING. NOW I AM TEARY EYED.
ALSO SORRY I MISSED A CHRISTMASSY WEDDING!!!!:tree:

LAURA....“The News from Lake Woebegon”. ...I FORGOT ABOUT THAT GUY!!
I SAW THAT AND CRACKED UP. HE IS VERY FUNNY.
IF THE BF DOES THE DECORATIONS HIMSELF...HE DOESN'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO WHERE THINGS REALLY SHOULD GO:rofl: :rofl:
HOPE THE LEGS LOOSEN UP A BIT:hug:

HAPPY...GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE DAYS OFF IN A ROW:dance:
BUT SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HOTDOG LADY.
KLITTLE BUSINESSES ARE CLOSING ALL OVER.
I SEE PEOPLE ARE CUTTING BACK ON EATING AT THE DINER OVER HERE.
THEY USED TO GO ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK BUT NO MORE.
EVEN THE GUY DOWN THE STREET HAS LOST "DELIVERY" BUSINESS.
HIS PRICES ARE TOO HIGH FOR ME TOO.
ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF:beach:
WE DON'T DO CRAFTS ANYMORE, JEN CAN'T PAINT THE WINDOWS BECAUSE OF THE SLIDING FEATURE AS I SAID, THE TREE IS 1/2 THE SIZE THIS YEAR AND IN A CORNER AND MY BOSS CAN'T GET ANYONE TO HELP OUT. SO I AM GOING DOWN TODAY TO GET THIS TRAIN WRECK BACK ON IT'S TRACKS ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.SAD HUH???
ALSO.............

CEEJAY....GOOD FOR YOU!!! THE POWERE OF THE WORD "NO"!!!
THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE. MAKES ME ALL THE MORE ADAMANT IN NOT GETTING COZY WITH THE NEW TENANTS HERE FROM NOW ON. GOOD FOR YOU!
HOPE YOUR VACATION IS GOING ALONG FINE OTHERWISE.
THE WEATHER IS COOPERATING AT LEAST.
TODAY WILL BE OUR HOTTEST 64! THEN IT BEGIONS TO DROP AGAIN.

SHAD...NOW I WILL HAVE TO LOOK UP 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION LATER.:rofl:
A NURSE TOLD ME ABOUT MANUKA HONEY FOR MY ROSACEA.
I THINK YOU & I DISCUSSED THAT ONCE.

MICHELLE....HOPE YOUR NEXT WEEKEND WILL BE BETTER.
THIS ONE SOUNDED LIKE AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER RIDE.
FOOTBALL, THE FESTIVAL, THE EXes AND DIVORCE PAPERS.
NOT A GOOD COMBO FOR KEEPING A LIGHT HEART.

ceejay52 12-04-2012 10:31 AM

Morning

Mel
Bah humbug on the staff. I can't blame you for not wanting to get cozy with the new tenants.

Laura705 12-04-2012 11:01 AM

Mornin' all!

Ceejay - Good for you standing up to those who try to pressure you because they know it's worked in the past, or just know that if they bug you enough you'll give in. Your time is YOUR time, spend it how you choose!! Nice you got to spend it outdoors. I'm glad you're in the holiday spirit this year!! :wreath: We had mild weather again yesterday - I think we nearly broke a record by hitting 70 degrees yesterday. Cooler today, but still mild.

Mel - I'm sorry the warm weather is giving your & Jen's sinuses problems. Probably a lot of mold in the air around too. Too bad the building staff are not in the holiday spirit. :( I guess I sounded like a scrooge when I said I didn't want to do a Secret Santa with our joint department this year... I think the limit last year was $20 or $25 - a little bit more than I want to spend on a virtual stranger (because last year I ended up with someone from the "other side" of the department). I'd much rather have an ornament exchange with a lower limit, or a white elephant exchange - it doesn't have to be expensive to be fun. We'll see how the decorations look if bf is wise and does them today because tomorrow the weather is turning cold again. My legs are finally feeling better. But we'll see what tonight brings, lol.

Oh, and wikipedia says this: "Six degrees of separation is the idea that everyone is approximately six or fewer steps away, by way of introduction, from any other person in the world, so that a chain of "a friend of a friend" statements can be made, on average, to connect any two people in six steps."

Happy - I suppose I might have to partially blame my failed wheat bread on the honey?? It was a half container of crystallized product that I had to set in a cup of hot water to partially de-crystallize. And of course I was impatient to get my bread going, so it wasn't completely liquid when I added it to the other ingredients - I figured the warm water the recipe called for would do the rest. Huh. If I try the machine again with fresher ingredients and if fails, I will probably try a mix and see how that goes. Otherwise I will give it a go by hand and/or with the Kitchenaid with the dough hook. Re sitting at work - I think you should get a normal height stool on wheels and scoot around that way as much as you can! Enjoy your 3 days off! :ginger:

Hellos the rest of you, hope you're having a good week.
===
It's been quiet here without the boss. We'll find out today when she'll return to the office. It's that time of the year to see how you've done against your performance goals, and to prepare a self-appraisal. Ick, hate that stuff. Necessary evil.

Last night I went to the "Step Essentials" class. I hadn't been to that class in quite a while. I got a good heart-pumping workout. The last part of that class includes a good amount of pushups (on the ballet barre) and crunches, so I'll probably be feeling sore this afternoon/evening.

Nothing planned for tonight. They are seeing the movie "Lincoln" and even though I know it's good and Daniel Day-Lewis will surely get award nominations for his role, I just don't want to see it!!!

My sneakers have shipped! Looking forward to getting them. If they feel good, I just might buy a pair of black ones to wear for my work commute. I still need to shop for some tall snow boots. Sigh.

Okay, I'll get this posted and get back to work.

:cofdate: :coffee2: :coffee2:

happy2bme 12-04-2012 11:44 AM

Good morning chicks,

Hi Laura :wave: I see your little egg light on. Pushups on the barre, eh? Well that would give me the wobblies afterwards - probably give me the zombie look if I was doing the legs too :lol: Sounds like things might have not been the right temp for the breadmaking - it's a tempermental thing - a bit off and it's ruined. I'm glad to hear you warm your plastic honey bottle in warm water and not in the MICROWAVE like my Mom. :yikes: Sis and I are trying to explain how bad BPAs are and why you don't want to heat plastic bottles. Had to laugh at your comment of a chair on wheels. After working in an office for so long and breaking my leg or hurting my back a few times, I was a champion office chair "roller" :rofl: Only problem with bringing in an office chair with wheels is that the counters are higher and that would put me at chin height - aka Edith Ann / Lily Tomlin and I certainly could not reach the popcorn warmers - sorry folks no butter, cheddar or mix today :lol3: But a great idea none the less. Did I miss something? What kind of sneakers did you get? Sounds like you get a very good workout from your classes. And boy am I envying your 70 degree temps... It was low 50's here but with the patches of snow still melting it was rather damp and felt a tiny bit mild but nowhere near what 70 would feel like. :^:

Mel - I'm sorry the office staff is just RUINING the holiday. What a bunch of buggers. :rollpin: I think you should send some of the loudest, crankiest seniors to go stage a sit-in and complain :rofl: Sorry to hear the sinuses are acting up. Go dump some eucalyptus beads in a pot of simmering water and breathe deep. Hopefully that won't bother you. Or just make a cup of nice tea. I would not get close to new tenants either since that mostly means more work for you. Unless of course you meet the odd off one who is a wanna be fun Worldly Chick who doesn't have access to a computer. :lol3:

Shad - thank you for the very informative article on honey. Always something new to learn. Saw your post of FB this morning. Care to elaborate or should I just speculate???

I did make a cup of tea yesterday. We have a coffeemaker with dual ports. One side for coffee, the other you can put water into and it makes hot water for teas, soups, oatmeal or anything you need water in. I decided to be lazy and use the machine instead of warming water in a kettle. While the water reserviors are completely separate, it seemed to me that the hot water smelled and tasted faintly of coffee - such like you'd get if you put water in a coffee pot and had not rinsed it first. Totally ruined the tea and good honey for me :P DH was delighted that I made him a tea also and when I commented on the odd taste, he said he didn't notice anything and it was good tea for him. Sometimes I get a taste or smell in my head that I swear is real and DH says is not there. cue Arnold Swarzeneggar saying "it's NOT a brain tumoh..." :lol:

I don't remember what I did yesterday but I blew most of the day away. Oh yeah, DH and I went to a local diner (actually it's a 45 minute trip each way). Monday is Burger Monday day where they grind their own meat and the only thing they serve is burgers. I'd been wanting to try it. DH got a cheddar bacon burger and I got a cheddar burger topped with cole slaw (southern style). I was shocked when we got the bill - DH's burger alone was $12. Mine was $10. Plus extra for french fries and we split a chocolate malt because if you can believe it I've never had one in my life - on the rare occasions I have one, it's always a chocolate milk shake. We only had 1/3 of the malt because we were stuffed from the burgers and fries. The bill with tip came to $40. :yikes: And while good, we won't be running back there for that any more. Came home, watched some TV, chatted with Mom for a bit and then I killed 2 hours on the Internet. I think I want to try my hand at drawing and painting with watercolor pencils. I found a couple of online sites that give basic lessons - you can always buy some courses too. Then I was searching to try and find the best prices on a set of pencils, paper and a basic introductory course. Turns out Amazon had the best prices (as usual) over the craft places - even with their discounts. The problem with the craft stores is that they only give one discount. Either you get a percent off or you get free shipping. One pretty much cancels the other so that's disappointing. Anyway I should have my supplies in 2 days. And that will be my Christmas present this year. I can work on that while DH is off ice fishing ;)

We were thinking of taking a ride into Duluth - DH wants to check some things out at the home improvement store but now he's not sure what he wants to do for the day. Doesn't matter to me, I have things to do one day, the other is open for doing something else so I'll just pick one over the other.

With that I am off, hope you all have a good day. :wave:

ceejay52 12-04-2012 07:50 PM

Laura
I had to look up the six degrees of separation too. We've been having this warm weather also. I'm loving it. Even have the air condition on although I don't think it's ran but a couple of times. My sister and her hubby went to see Lincoln and really liked it. I usually wait for the dvd to come out. I hate going to a movie theater. It's to loud for me to enjoy--guess I could take ear plugs. It's that time of the year for our evaluations also. Luckily our bosses do that and we don't have to.

Happy
Wow, 12 dollars for a bacon cheese burger! That would have to be a treat for me once in a while. Bet they had Wisconsin cheese on it though. Yum.

-----------
It was a slothful day for me today and it rained. So I took a nap. My neighbor came and cleaned house. It looks so good.
I rode the bike last night for three miles which was only 14 minutes. Tonight I'm going to ride the bike and do some floor exercises. I've given up on logging my food. I did go on line and found a beginner's Biggest Loser dvd. I'll do that when it gets here. It has Harper and Dolvett.

annie175 12-04-2012 08:32 PM

Weddin Pix

3 Attachment(s)
My dad and Kristin dancing
Me and son dancing
Jake and Samantha at alter being silly

annie175 12-04-2012 08:33 PM

I will try to get to personals tomorrow. Finance meetings are over and will have one day before LV meetings start on Thursday. End of year is h*ll.

MELODY525 12-05-2012 07:39 AM

http://media-cache2.pinterest.com/up...jf7517cQ_b.jpg

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
KIND OF CHILLY ALREADY. JUST TURNED UP THE HEAT A NOTCH. MORE THAN LIKELY I WILL NOT BE POSTING TOMORROW. WE'RE GOING TO TRADER JOES AND THEN JEN WANTS TO SPEND THE DAY TOGETHER AND EAT DINNER WITH RICHIE.
NOTHING NEW YESTERDAY. DID SOME WORK AND LEFT.
SAME OLD SAME OLD IN THAT DEPARTMENT:rofl:
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

LAURA...I HAD A LAUGH YESTERDAY. "THE PRARIE HOME COMPANION".....
I WAS SURFING CABLE AND LO & BEHOLD THERE WAS THE MOVIE!!
I CRACKED UP. I FORGET THE GUYS NAME OFF HAND BUT HE WAS THE OLD COWBOY AND HAD JUST DIED.
I SAW KEVIN KLINE. TOO FUNNY. TALK ABOUT A DYSFUNCTIONAL GROUP. btw~ YOU DID NOT SOUND LIKE A SCROOGE.
THEY KEPT UPPING THE PRICE OF THE GIFT HERE UNTIL THE WHOLE IDEA FELL APART.
I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CANCELLED THE PARTY HERE.
THANKS FOR THE DEFINITION OF 6 DEGREES.
I KNEW I HAD HEARD IT BEFORE. LOL
HOPE THE MUSCLES AREN'T TOO SORE FROM THE BARRE EXERCISES. OUCH!

CEEJAY....MAYBE OUR MOTTO FOR 2013 SHOULD BE NO NEW FRIENDS!!:lol3: :lol3:
I ALSO HATE THE MOVIES WITH THE LOUD VOLUME.
IT MAKES MY HEART RACE. lol
I LOVE DVDs!!! aLSO LIKED HARPER & DOLVETT.
THEY ARE BRINGING JILLIAN MICHAELS BACK THIS YEAR.
THERE WILL BE 3 TEAMS AGAIN.

HAPPY......NOT EVEN IF IT IS A POSSIBLE WORLDY CHICK AM I GOING TO MAKE A NEW FRIEND!
SOMETHING ALWAYS GOES WRONG IN THE END.
I GET THAT COFFEE SMELL FROM THINGS DOWNSTAIRS IN THE OFFICE KITCHEN. MAYBE IT'S A WOMENS THING.
MEN HAVE LESS ACUTE SENSES OF SMELL I HEARD.
IT'S EXPENSIVE TO EAT OUT. A FRIEND OF MINE WAS BIOTCHING ABOUT A DINER -TYPE PLACE CALLED JOHNNY ROCKETS.
NOT SURE IF IT'S STILL OPENED. SAFE TRAVELS TO DULUTH:scooter:

ANNIE....THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PICTURES.
THEY CAME OUT GREAT. LOVE THE ONE WITH DAD ESPECAILLY.
WHAT A GREAT KEEPSAKE.
GOOD LUCK WITH THE MEETINGS AND HOPE THE REST OF THE WEEK GOES OK:hug:

MELODY525 12-05-2012 07:55 AM

:cry: WAIT TILL JEN WAKES UP AND I TELL HER WE FORGOT THE HOUSING MEETINGS ARE TOMORROW AFTER TRADERS!!:rofl: :rofl:
I JUST GOT THE "DON'T FORGET" EMAIL FROM MY BOSS!!! HA!
AND THEY WILL BE LONG ONES TOO.
WE DON'T MEET AGAIN UNTIL THE END OF JANUARY.

annie175 12-05-2012 09:33 AM

THis site is acting rediculous here at work, jumping up and down, can barely keep up with it. I will try to post tonight from home. Sassy has her final vet appt for shots. I have her scheduled for Friday, December 21st to be spayed. That way I can pick her up that evening and be with her all weekend long through CHristmas. God love her. I feel so badly for doing that to her. SHe is so little.

Chat at cha tonight, hopefully!

Love and hugs

happy2bme 12-05-2012 09:36 AM

Good morning ladies,

We took a ride into Duluth yesterday - picked up a few things at the Home Depot store. I wanted to look at the Christmas decorations but DH said they were seconds and rejects and were not for sale. :lol:

:censored: man I HATE HATE HATE this adverts that mess with the postings here. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ok, trying again. We did have dinner at Olive Garden (Italian restaurant). Certainly got more for our money this time. I had an appetizer and the salad and told them to box up my entree right at the kitchen. We had an early dinner so I ate the ravioli later that evening. Yum it was good. Most of what we get around here is burgers or fish so it was nice to have something different. Today I have to run errands in town then when I come back I have some laundry and picking up to do. Still debating about what / if I want to decorate.

Garrison Keillor - ok, had to look that one up before it drove me crazy. I tried listening to him when the Prarie Home Companion and Lake Wobegon (?) were so popular and I just never got into it. Now I can let it fly back out of my head :lol:

Mel - Pretty little cart full of flowers you have there. My cart is just full of frost this morning :lol: I got the cutest little miniature poinsettia plant at the store yesterday. I will have to take a picture of it. It's adorable. I hope I can keep it alive. Wasn't 6 Degrees of Separation a movie with Will Smith and Stockard Channing? They do a funny spin off of that concept with Kevin Bacon - the actor. They say that every actor in the business can be traced back to someone who played in a movie with Kevin Bacon. It's pretty funny. And I think we ate at a Johnny Rockets diner once - in the airport at Las Vegas I'm thinking???? You're making me remember stuff from long ago this morning :lol: Good luck with those long, boring meetings tomorrow.

Annie - thanks for the pictures. Looks like it was a great wedding. Cute dress that you have on. Hope work is not too horrid for you.

Ceejay - we rarely go to the movies anymore for the same reason - volume way too loud. Don't give up on the food logging - I know it can be a pain but it's so revealing when you are watching things and I think it really makes one more aware of what's going in the mouth.

Guess I'd better get ready and get on with the day. Talk to you later ladies...

happy2bme 12-05-2012 09:37 AM

Annie - I was having alot of problems typing my post too. Grrrr.

ceejay52 12-05-2012 10:52 AM

Happy
Logging my food is a pita but you are right it sure lets you know how much you are going over. When I think of Deluth I think of Georgia. That's where my niece lives. I've put out a small amount of decorations which has really lifted my spirit. Think you should put out some also.

Mel
Ah, meetings after food shopping. Maybe you can get together with Jen after that. Or spend all day tomorrow with her. I would like to have some sister time myself.

Annie
Those are very good pictures. Glad that there was no drama at the wedding.

Laura and Shad hello :wave:

-------
Up this morning at 7.30. I've got to get back into that 5.30 a.m. groove for work Sunday morning.
I rode the bike last night for 20 minutes. I'm trying for 30 minutes tonight.
I was barely out of breath at 20 minutes.
My dvd has been shipped, so I'm hoping that it will get here Saturday.
Cleaned out the fridge this morning. I want to clean out the car this afternoon.
Bought myself a Christmas present. I'd been seeing those Ninja roasting ovens advertised on t.v. I didn't find the Ninja but I bought a Rival at Walmart. I also want a tea maker but didn't see those.

Laura705 12-05-2012 12:14 PM

Morning all. So everyone's having problems with this site today? It seems to get hung up when I try to navigate from page to page. When I post and it gets hung up, it seems like it happens when someone else apparently has tried to post at the same time as me. Maybe it's a coincidence - I'm sure it's those ads.

Happy - Wow, $12 for a burger!! That's like hotel room service prices, LOL. I've had malts, but I prefer shakes. Now you've got me thinking of Happy Hour at Steak n Shake - half price shakes! Glad you enjoyed your meal at Olive Garden. Very good idea to have the entree boxed right away. I always (belatedly) think I should ask for a to-go box right when the entree comes because they usually are way too large to eat in one meal. More and more frequently, bf and I will share an appetizer or each have a cup of soup and split one entree and it's enough.

LOL re the decorations being seconds and rejects! :joker: Re heating plastic - nope, not gonna do it. I don't use my plastic storage containers for that anymore, and I notice in the sale ads that there seems to be more glass storage container sets being offered now. Re the sneakers - I went to Rogan's (shoe store on Dundee in Buffalo Grove - was it there when you lived in AH?) and tried on a bunch of sneakers. Found the one that felt good, price $70 at the store, $46 online. Yes, the store always has a "buy one, get 50% of the 2nd pair" deal, but it still didn't beat the online price. And bf didn't find a pair of sneakers he liked in his size/preferred color, so we didn't have a 2nd pair. And I really just wanted to focus on a pair of sneakers, not start looking at snow boots, dress boots, etc.

Gonna have to look up watercolor pencils, never heard of that. I have a little set of pastels that I don't even know how I ended up with them. I always think I'd like to play with those - the colors are so intense. Have you done any painting/drawing in the past? I'd like to take an art class sometime - maybe sketching.

Never saw the Six Degrees of Separation movie, and, yes, heard of the Kevin bacon variation of that theory, lol.

Ceejay - Sounds like a good vacation - naps, letting someone else do the housework. :D I don't usually find the volume at the movie theater too loud. Guess I'm a bit hard of hearing, or I prefer it a bit louder when I'm trying to decipher foreign accents.

Annie - Great photos! Thanks for posting them. :) Sorry your year end work is a PITA. :( I'm sure Sassy will be fine. Nice that you'll be home with her after it's done.

Mel - Sounds like a busy Thursday for you. Hope the meetings don't go too long. I liked that Prairie Home Companion movie - I thought Kevin Kline's character was so funny. So the cancelled party - was that the one for the tenants/seniors, or was it for the building staff?? Either way, too bad about that. We're not having a big holiday party at work, but they just sent an invitation for a holiday luncheon. It's on a Monday and I'm pretty sure I'm going to take a vacation day that day - why wouldn't they have it on a Wed? I'm sure there are a lot of people using up their vacation days by taking Fridays &/or Mondays off. There's also an all-employee meeting that day, but I still think I'm taking that day off. Bad scheduling decision if you ask me...but they didn't. :shrug: PS, love the flower cart photo!

==
Nothing much too report for me. Didn't do anything last night. Bf made meatloaf for dinner - tasty. Bf's keen on unlocking our iphone 4's, selling them, and buying iphone 5's. This made me cross with him because I'll have to figure out (again) how to upload my photos and whatever else I have on there without losing it and making sure it can be transferred to the new phone. I just hate iTunes. I have a lot of stuff in the "notes" app that I don't want to lose. Sigh. But I know I will like having a faster phone, so I will get through it.

Probably will exercise tonight, be it a class or a gym visit. And I guess give the iPhone sync/backup a try.:p:p

On the bright side, today is my Thursday because I'm taking vacation on Friday. I might also take Monday off work - still have two more days of vacay to use that haven't been scheduled yet.

TTFN!!

Laura705 12-05-2012 12:31 PM

Ceejay - yeh, the food logging has been very helpful for me. When you don't log it and you know you're overeating, not knowing how much over is a form of denial, and then it makes it easier just to continue.

Happy - I agree with Ceejay - do a little bit of decorating, it'll make you smile when you see some of your favorite things on display. :)