It's a Worldy Chicks Winter Wonderland

You're on Page 16 of 18
Go to
  • Hi my girlies...

Went to work today. OMG...could not believe the work I did. No lunch and worked up till that last minute...that I would allow.

Just shoveled for an hour...me tired. Got, at least, my side of the drive completely done. Yesterday we just did on path down the middle, I am not fond of that cause I cannot see out the back window enough to hit the solo path. Had to ramp it out at the end of the drive this morning as the home association cleared the streets and plowed my drive shut. BLAH!
  • I just love it when it posts without me doing anything instead of losing it. I hate posting from home...will try to post from work tomorrow.

lOVES AND HUGS
  • Good Morning All....last one in...first one back in...hmmmmmmm.

Did the world end and I am the one that got left behind? lol

ELLEN...hope you, DH and kiddos are all feeling top notch. Glad that Christmas was a joy for the lil ones.

CEEG...the should ache and pains are horrible. THis is the first year I have suffered anything like this. My doc said to take ibuprofen, wow big help, I knew that already. I think the shoveling actually did me some good, moving the parts around and getting the stiffness out of that shoulder, arm.

LAURA...I saw on the national news that Chicago has not even had an inch of snow in 200 or so more days. That you should get a couple of inches tonight. We are to get an inch more tonight. Blah, I hate snow. If only it would snow in the grass only it would be great. I have used my pans twice since Christmas...OMG the best thing is the clean up is so stinkin' easy.

HAPPY...glad you have the rest of the week off. Maybe your feet can recover a bit. I saw this arch things for your feet in CVS. As seen on TV section. They are supposed to help your feet tremendously. I thought of you when I saw them, maybe you should watch your mail for the next week or so. I am slow on mailing stuff.

MELLIE...I wish the rain would come and take our snow away. I have 3-4 foot drifts and snow shoveled piles along my driveway and across the yard in various places. Always drifts on driveway, front walk and back porch. I mean really, give me a break. Oh I get the hospital closed thing, I was just being my stupid funny self.

SHADDIE...vineyards and lavendar farms...OMG....happy, laid back, and feeling great. Wish I was there with you. Hope you had a very nice holiday.

CHELLE...you must be enjoying CA. Good for you!

Hellos to everyone.

Loves and hugs....

PS....What is everyone doing to New Year's Eve???

• The sun is brightly shining over the top of some really dirty looking
    dark grey fluffy clouds. A very strange sight. Weird.
    These clouds look like they need to get washed!!!

Nothing really new here. I am resting my neck/shoulder area still.
    The sick sign is still on my door.
    During the day the work phone is turned off.
    I am determined to feel 100% by the time the Holidays are over.

Hope you all have a great day.

Happy......LOVE the new avatar. First thing I saw this morning.
    I hope the job issue works out to your advantage.
    Sorry to hear about the family issue too.
    I'm all for becoming a hermit. Halfway there already!!!
    Thanks for the hat!!! I'll bring a golden spoon for the testing!
    Hope your feet feel better & enjoy the Christmas presents from Mom.
    Ricxhie's Dad is cuban and his Mom was Dominican.
    They both made similar foods.
    Sometimes there is an ingredient one uses that the other didn't.
    His sammies are delicious!

Laura....better get going on Downton abby part one!!!
    I am all ready for theis next one to begin.
    I am glad to hear the mom is doing better.
    Sad she has to work & chooses to play nurse as well
    Did you get BF to do the massage???
    You had a great workout. Starting the NY off right!!

Ceejay....Poor you with manning the phones during a storm.
    And poor guys for being out there fixing the lines and such.
    We sometimes get lightning if we get a N'oreaster.
    I can imagine how it looks down south.
    Even bigger clashes between hot & cold!!
    Stay safe & warm. Hope the next one is on your days off too!!

Annie.....I would never leave you here by yourself.
    I'll give you plenty of notice if the world is coming to an end.
    That is unless the bombs hit NJ forst instead of NYC!!!
    Sorry work was pilked up and your snow is too!! OMG!!! you got all our snow!!!
    These storms are just staying north of us enough so we miss it.
    Hope they stop plowing your driveway back in!! I hate that!!!

Ellen....waving back at ya
  • Morning everyone, 2 days in a row. Quiet morning here, the girls had an impromtu sleepover with a friend last night, so they were all up too late. I am going to lay low until work this evening. Can't wait until I get to see the ENT, these sinus headaches are really bothering me.

Mel-Hope you feel better soon!

Annie-you sound busy as always. Sorry you have gotten so much snow, we are starting to get ours now, Had to walk our sleepover guest home thismorning and I was slipping around. time to break out boots.

OK, gotta run, have a great day everyone!
  • Annie
    Wow all that shoveling snow and then the plow blocks the driveway. You are brave by driving in it.

Ellen
    We didn't get a lot of snow either. But just enough to satisfy me. I could still drive in it. Looks like we may have some more today. Hope dh feels better today.

Mel
    Glad you are keeping the sign on the door. Will you have to manage things NYE and day. Thank goodness the light office is off only NY's day but I have a feeling that the Mayor will let them off early. Which really isn't fair to me, but life goes on. Hope your shoulder pain goes away soon.

--------------
    Yesterday I did some deep cleaning and moved the furniture around in the living room. This time I was smart and didn't take the wires off the dvd player and cable box. Probably didn't do my shoulder any good. I've also taken down the Christmas decorations. Today I'll put those away and try to get the back to the shed. This depends on the weather. We were under a winter weather advisory last night. They were expecting freezing rain. It's 34 degree's now and some more precipitation is on the radar. I would like to see some snow falling but not sticking.

Have a good day.
  • Morning all. Quick day, as I'm taking a half-day of vacation today so that I'm left carrying over only 3 days into 2013.

Ellen - So when the girls are up late, that means you/everyone else is up late too? Hope you get to rest up before heading to work. Yeh, I switched to boots. Once the sidewalk gets a coating of snow or other slick stuff, sneakers are too slippery.

Mel - Love your sunny graphic today! We've had a lot of cloudy dreary days. The days are getting longer now, but with all the cloudcover, we can't appreciate that. Of course, when we get a lot of sun in the winter, it's usually bitter, bitter cold, so I better be careful what I wish for!!! I hope your neck/shoulder start to feel better. Have you been putting any heat/cold/smelly ointment on it? BTW, when I mentioned a massage to bf, he said I needed to use my foam roller because I'm too ticklish, LOL. So I used the evil foam roller for a few minutes. I'm still sore today, but that's not a surprise given the level of soreness. I already started watching Downton Abbey last night, but only about 20 min. of it. Hope to get a lot of it watched this long weekend.

Annie - I'm here too, so that makes at least 3-4 of us left, LOL. Ugh, what a nightmare with the snow you got down there, especially when it keeps drifting onto spots you've already cleared! And boo re the plow depositing snow at the end of the driveway. That snow is always compressed and hard to remove - the worst. I hope you get something - warm temps or rain or sun to melt it soon. We got a little bit of snow overnight, but I doubt it was even an inch. I'm relieved. Is your new cookware non-stick?? So nice to clean! I've been taking Aleve for my forearm tendonitis and it helps, but when I stop taking it because I take the migraine pills for TOM, the pain comes back, and unfortunately so has my shoulder pain. (Probably overdid it with the exercise on the shoulder, because otherwise it's been feeling alright and getting back to normal range of motion.) It's always something, but it's annoying when the doc just tells you to stop doing what you're doing and/or take anti-inflammatory drugs. I want the magic cure, dang it!! Don't work too hard today.

Ceejay - Did you make any soup or stew? Sounds good about now. I mentioned chili to bf - he has a good recipe for that. I want to make a lentil soup, but a yummy Middle Eastern version like we eat at the pita joint. Yes, bf's mother must work to make ends meet. She and bf's father weren't very wise with their finances, so now there aren't any retirement funds beyond Social Security and a small pension. I think rent and the medicare supplement insurance take up a huge chunk of that. Piano huh? Learned something new. Did you have a piano in the house as a kid? Did you take lessons? Take care of your shoulder!

Happy - I'm sure you'll actually be relieved for the popcorn shop job to go away, but I understand feeling angry too that going well above and beyond wasn't recognized any differently than mediocre (at best) performance.... as well as the fact that the job wasn't offered as temporary and now appears to be. What kind of soup did you end up making? Homemade bread sounds wonderful too. I might get a batch in the breadmaker now that I have some fresh yeast in the house! Did you dig into your art books yet?

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!! If I'm scarce around here the next few days, I wish you a joyous rest of the holiday season, including New Years's!!
    --

After work yesterday, I hit the library and picked up the book club book, Room, by Emma Donoghue. Sounds grim, but we'll see how it is. Also picked up the Downton Abbey dvds. I'll be running behind for a bit because I think they're starting the 3rd season and I'm just starting the first. Oh well.

Did nothing last night except roll on the foam thingie for a few minutes and watch tv. Bf made tacos - my only contribution was shredding the lettuce. Oh, and I scooped some sour cream into a snack baggie and snipped the corner off to make a squeezey thing, LOL. So much easier than trying to spoon the sour cream onto the tacos. That's my tip of the day ladies!

Today is a half-day work, then I'll take a 12:30 train home. Tonight is a gathering for the Relay for Life team to which I belong. I have to think of some appetizer/snacky thing to bring. Bf will probably not go with me - he can only take so much of my BIL, and had his fill of him back on Christmas Eve Eve, LOL.

Tomorrow morning I will do an exercise class. If the muscle soreness isn't significantly better I will probably do a Zumba class instead of a strength class. Tomorrow night is a party thrown by a couple we know, which is actually a combo family gathering for the hubby's side of the family, but with friends too. When we first went to this party I thought it was odd, especially when it came time for the family to exchange gifts, but now I guess I've gotten used to it. The son, with whom bf is close friends, has a 3-year old so it's fun to watch him open his gifts.

Sunday is the bf's family holiday gathering. Need to think of something to bring for that too. Bf needs to call and ask I guess.

Annie - for NYE, bf invited a few people over, but I'm not sure who's actually committed to attend. I'm hoping for a very small group. I'm sure I'll be feeling a bit partied out by then.

Okay, enough rambling, back to work.

• LAURA...even the name of the book ROOM, sounds boring, unless of course some HOTTIE is in there with me. Good for you for taking the afternoon off, do something fun and enjoy yourself.

CEEG...when your shoulder bothers you, you are not supposed to move furniture. Guess I will have to rolling pin you.

ELLEN...sleepovers are so fun especially when we are adults. I love company..

MELLIE...keep the sign on the door all weekend thru new years. Maybe you will recoop somewhat if you do. Don't forget to get some cabbage for goodluck on new years.

My tip for the day: Marsh has blackberries and blueberries on sale. Buy one get one free. Ground beef 1.88 lb. Aldie's has avocados for 39 cents each, cauliflower 1.49 a head, baby carrots 59 cents a 1 lb bag. Neither one have cabbage on sale. hmmmm.
  • Texted Michelle this morning, her reply:

"I head home tomorrow afternoon. It's been so nice being with family. Please tell all the chicks hi for me."
  • Evening all,
    Just a short note. I'm very tired for some reason, might be because I couldn't get to sleep until after midnight last night and naturally enough woke at 5.30 when the sun came up.
    I've cleaned the house except for the floors today to be ready to greet the new year and tomorrow will be in garden and trying to get that under control. Tomorrow night I better pay the bills and get myself ready to go back to Darwin next Tuesday 01/01/13. Now doesn't that look awful.
    The pest control man came today to give the place a once over. Not cheap and you have to have a long and involved conversation at one point of it, but I'd rather pay the $242 and listen to the conversation than listen to my house fall down with the chomping of termites.

I hope it will be a little cooler tomorrow, but not holding my breath. Roll on winter when the humidity disappears and the weather becomes perfect. Remind me of that statement when I complain about waking up cold in the mornings will you.

Anyway, I will cart myself off to bed and do personals in the morning.
  • Geez...woke up this morning to more snow...just when we got the porch and grass cleared off that Sassy would go potty....now I am looking at pushing about 2" of snow around. I am so over snow, cold, and winter, I could scream. I just do not like anything about it. HAPPY...I am sorry to say that when we commune at your place, I would be the cooking, cleaning hermit and you all would have to do the outside stuff including shopping etc. lol.

Today is bank and Aldi's. They have too many bargins not to go. I learned last night that C has to work on New Year's day....blah, therefore our ringing in the new year will come about 7 pm...him off to bed...me with lil man. We are babysitting lil man only if Sis and Chris decide to go out. Still planning on cabbage and beef as neither of us like corned beef for NYs day. I may go to dads while C is at work to deliver his lucky meal. I would like to get some lobster for NYs, but only if I can find it on sale.

Sassy is asleep in my chair, just wait till she goes outside to find more new snow, this will be a challenge FOR ME! Dang it.

Guess I had better get this posted before I lose it.

Have a great weekend all....loves and hugs
  • SHADDIE....we posted at the same time.....I would love to come house sit while you are gone...beats the h*ll out of this crappy weather....hope you find time to at least have a few minutes for you! Hugs sister
  • Just shoveled the back porch and part of the yard so Sassy could go potty. I am over this winter wonderland. I am ready to move on the January Juicy Hot Jubilee. Now have to go do the driveway. blah...and saw on the news if we do not shovel the sidewalks in front of our houses we could be fined by the city. Well fine me away! I am NOT shoveling 2-3 feet of snow and higher drifts. They can F themselves. AND no mail delivery if you do not have all the snow removed from in front of your mailbox....really...so now we have to shovel the snow the plowers pushed in front of them? I am so peed off at this city and weather. Ok rant over....
  • They said snow but only cold air arrived.
    Guess I have to wait for the snow fairy. She must have overslept.
    I have to laugh. there were alarms this week.
    But all of them on company time& not mine.
    Maybe I better not brag!!
    Hope this Holiday weekend is not like the last.
    And I also hope the man on call will answer his phone.
    Not like last week where I had to track the guy down.
    I seem to have sprained my pointer finger on my left hand.
    WTF
    Nothing else is new.
    Peace & quiet still reign
    Have a great weekend.

Ceejay...I think your snow is coming here today.
    I hear ya on the Mayor letting people leave early.
    That happens here too. Yes I do ALL holidays, nights & weekends.
    But I would rather handle them myself then with idiots helping
    Hope your weekend weather will be OK and not the icy rain.
    Be careful out there in the backyard

Annie...sorry C has to work on NY day.
    Dinner sounds good. I'll take the corned beef!!"hun:
    Send the snow here...we haven't had a decent dump yet this year.
    Stay safe and warm with jake.
    Better send me the cabbage....none here!!!
    Thanks for the sales tips.
    I called them but they refused to deliver to New Jersey

Shad....I will gladly send you some cooler air & you send me the heat!
    I had no idea it cost so much to keep termites away!!
    But it is worth it to come home to the house still standing!
    Otherwise you would have to live with one of the boys
    Or move to the States
    All you need is 12 friends....one for each month!

Laura....by the time you're done with 1 & 2, season 3 will be over
    You cr5acked me up with the BF vs the BIL. Too frassing funny.
    Hope your weekend goes as planned.
    Would be nice if the NYE party was small & cozy. Have fun that night.
    Don't be falling asleep with Coal.

Ellen....Hope you feel better soon too.
    Sinus problems have been a biotch this year for sure.
    Jen & I are tired of the pain too. If you find a cure...pass it on!! lol
  • Annie....we Posted Together More Or Less.
    Sorry To Hear You Have So Much Snow!! Wtg!!!
    Hope You Get No Fines And The Mailman Comes.
    Not Sure What Towns Expect. Find A Kid To Shovel For Cheap.
    They Fine In The City Here Too. Good Luck.