The Worldlie Chicks Say "November is for New Beginnings"

You're on Page 15 of 16
Go to
  • Morning all. Back at work today - boo! And brrrr! Chilly today, but no snow.

Happy - Enjoy your hair appointment. Good for you getting some shopping done online. Bf and I bought some gift cards last night to take advantage of the store's special offer - $20 off groceries with the purchase of $100 worth of gift cards. We now have coupons for $40 off groceries, but we have to use it by 12/3. No problem spending $40, just have to remember to do it before 12/3!! Sorry your workday was so slow the other day. How long has this shop been open? Oh, did hubby get things resolved with the cable co??

Ceejay - I laughed too re the image of you emptying the tank bucket by bucket! Glad it's not really like that. Countdown is on!! Only 3 more days 'til vacation!! My next vacation day is a week from Friday.

Michelle - I'm sorry the meds caused you problems. I hope the new dosage works better for you. I'm glad you had an expert to talk with about other med options if it comes to that. I suppose a daily meal plan becomes more important than ever now that you're taking this med. I'm glad you and DMIL got to see the final installment of the Twilight series and that you enjoyed it.

Mel - Like Happy said - hope you get just enough snow to make it pretty and nothing more! Mmmm, cocoa! I was so tempted to make a mug of it for myself yesterday after Coal's walk. Come on by and I'll make you some from scratch! Like that C&H graphic!! And the snow graphic - not ready for more of the real thing, but I'll enjoy it virtually, haha. Too funny about the seniors picking through the cast-off ornaments and your comment that beggars can be choosers, heehee. Loved that!

Annie - Wow, that went quick - the wedding's this weekend!!!! I hope the weather's nice like it's forecast to be and that the ex's gf keeps her trap shut and plasters a happy expression on her face for the duration of the day. Glad the cream cheese lasagna turned out well. I haven't made lasagna in quite a while - need to do that, bf likes my lasagna. I totally agree - cream cheese makes just about anything better. That or butter!

Patty - Sounds like you had a nice amount of family time over the long weekend. Too bad you worked on your bday! I'm fortunate (spoiled?) that with my bday being 7/5, I almost always have it off because of the FOJ holiday, or I make a point of tacking it onto the holiday.

Hellos to Shad, Ellen and Mary.

===
    Well, back at work and not raring to go quite yet. I'm a bit sore, and that doesn't help.

Bf and I watched a bunch of movies over the weekend. One I already mentioned was "Hot Fuzz". Another was "Carnage", with Jody Foster, John C. Reilly, Christoph Waltz & Kate Winslet - they play parents who get together to discuss the playground conflict of their sons. Great characters, and it was very funny as the story went on and tensions rose. We also caught most of the movie "Goldfinger" on cable - what a classic Bond movie. We also realized we'd never seen the Bond movie previous to this new one - "Quantum of Solace", so we got that dvd from the library and watched that on Sunday. Yesterday we had lunch with bf's mum and then went to see "Skyfall" together. Wow, that was a really good Bond movie. Pretty long, but well worth it. Good story line with a lot of M in it, and Javier Bardem was a great villain!

I did the "Aerobics Essentials" class yesterday morning. Like the "Step Essentials" class, it's low on interesting choreography and newer music...booooring... but if you put your energy into it, you get a good workout. There was some strength work at the end and I used 5-pound dumbbells for that, so I'm sore. (As the only student in the class under 50 -possibly 60 - I felt like I had to keep up with the seniors, LOL) Oh, and my chest is sore from the push-ups done on the ballet bar (barre?). The instructor didn't just do straight sets, but did some where you went slooooowly. So it wasn't exciting, but it was a good workout. I did a circuit class on Saturday, so two workouts over the long weekend was a good thing. (I also got in FIVE dogwalks over the long weekend, starting with Wed. after work.)

I joined the gym near the house last night - it's about 3/4 of a mile away from home, so I hope to get over there on a regular basis. They have a lot of cardio machines, so I hope to do my machine-hopping cardio workout to alleviate boredom. Or maybe I'll be satisfied on one machine if I'm busy catching up on my podcasts.

Long post, many interruptions. Better finish this now before I lose it! Have a great day everyone!
  • PS - Happy - I like your new avatar!

Also - The new puppy next door got into our yard on Sunday (twice - dug under the fence) and he and Coal were playing. So cute! See attached photos.

• Laura...how stinkin' cute...looks like a Jack Russell
  • Check this out...you can see your home in a snow globe!

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']http://www.draftfcb.com/holiday2011/[/FONT]
  • Nearly lunchtime so I thought I might take a few minutes and join in the fun.
    Nothing new here. I have got some work to do - that I can do - and it will keep me going for a while. Then there is general stupidity that never stops and I feel like beating some folks around the ears from time to time. But all in all it isn't a bad week - so far. And it is Wednesday.

Michelle - sorry to hear of the problems with medication. Always a hazzle. It might make you better if it doesn't kill you first!.

Annie - Rotten site, eating your post like that. It really hacks me off when that happens - usually it is something stupid that I have done, but I still get mad

Ceejay - by the bucket load??? Oh right. Good luck with that. Did I miss where you are off to for your holiday?

Happy - It's awful when the place of work is not busy. I just hate having to try to find myself some work. Did DH calm down or are you visiting him in jail or hospital?

Laura - sounds like movie world at your place. Haven't seen many James Bond movies since Sean Connery and Roger Moore days. The phones of the dogs are so cute. I do love doggies.

Mel - Snow. Not coming over your way then. Dang it all. Too cold for this hothouse tomato.

Anyway, better go see what the hothead down the hallway is up to. He goes off half baked and then wonders why things don't work.
  • Shad
    My vacation should start Thursday but I've gotten conned into working Friday from my co-worker. I'm putting a note in her box tomorrow stating that I'm on vacation until December 9. She'll try her best to get out of it.
    Not going any where, but to Paragould for Saturday and Sunday. My doors will be locked and the phone will not be answered.

Laura
    The pictures of the dogs are cute. What a nice friend for Coal! I love James Bond. Sean Connery was my favorite Bond. I'm not to happy with the new Bond movies nor the Sherlock Holmes.

--------
    Around 2.30 p.m. this afternoon the boss called me and told me they were through washing out the tank and that he was going to open up the valve for the water to go back into it. They wanted it filled to 30 feet. It was at 26 feet when I left so my co-worker is finishing that part. The tank holds 38 feet of water but our limit is 37 feet They'll pull a sample and take it to a lab. My guess is Paragould, any way that's usually where they take it.
  • Annie
    Sigh, it put my neighbors address instead of mine. But that's neat.
  • LAST NIGHT WE STARTED TO LOSE SOME HOT WATER.
    ONE OF THE BOILERS NEEDS NEW ELEMENTS.
    ALREADY SPOKE TO THE PLUMBER TWICE.
    HE'S ON HIS WAY. I AM GETTING DRESSED.

HAVING TUMMY ISSUES ON TOP OF EVERYTHING.

TOMORROW IS OUR SMOKE ALARM TESTING.
    THE BOSS IS NOT COMING BACK TILL THEN

FRIDAY IS LOOKING QUIET....I'LL BE BACK THEN
    STAY WELL AND HEALTHY TILL I GET BACK
  • Good Hump Morning Chickees....

Kind of peaceful and quiet the last two nights...nothing really happening.

Well...Cs DDs boyfriend, the DD that rents his house from him, the boyfriend was arrested for something and his truck impounded, my guess is DUI or DWI. Anyway, his DD bailed BF out of jailed. She then tried to call him at his job and when she called they told her he had not worked there in 4 mos. What the H he had been doing is beyond any of us. Come to find out he got fired for stealing stuff then selling it on Craig's list. Needless to say, DD kicked him to the curb, but also does not want to live in Cs house anymore. So we need to find a decent renter or just sale it. He would lose his a$$ if he sales it as he only bought it two years ago. What a mess.

MELLIE...hope your tummy feels better, your smoke alarms are all working and the plumber gets your element fixed...lol.

SHADDIE...glad this week is going a bit better for you, and now it is Thursday's dawn coming upon you. When are you going home next? I liked Roger Moore as much as I liked Sean Conory in James Bond. This last Bond movie was quite good.

LAURA...good for you on joining a gym and exercising. I admire anyone that has the motivation to exercise. Blah on me.

CEEG..hope the co-worker gets the hint about vacation time. Good for you not answering the phone or door while on vacay. Enjoy your time.

CHELLE...glad you are getting your meds lined out. Diabetes should not be ignored. Feel better and don't work to awful hard.

HAPPY..do you feel like a new woman? How did the hair appt go?

Hi to Ellen and Patty
  • Morning all. On the one hand, glad the meeting re the software is done now (as of 10 min. ago), on the other, I'm thoroughly sick of the software, the job, and the whole corporate world. Some days, for very fleeting moments, it seems like a job shoveling $h*t would be preferable.

Sorry, I'm being negative. The positive is I have a job to complain about...

Lunchtime, I'm off to get something as I didn't pack a lunch at home today. Probably Subway. I think Wednesday is the day that turkey is the special. Otherwise I have a coupon.

Be back later.
  • I don't usually make a post on Facebook but I did today. It was nothing rude but she should get the point. Plus I talked to my supervisor this morning. He's going to talk to her tomorrow. I told him that I'm obligated to work since I said yes, but I'm leaving her a note to call him instead of me if she needed anything and that I'ld be back to work on 12-9-12.
    Told the plumber he was on his own and leave me the papers in the office. Then I stuck the sign on my door and put pain patches on. What a day. They are feeling better now.
    The tummy problem was the Aleve I took last night trying to prevent this mishap. Aleve ate a whole in my tummy!!! I was up half the night in pain. Guess I am on an extended "vacation".

Nothing else is new. The maint. men called and they will have to deal with the alarm men tomorrow. There is nothing to be done about it....... I will be MIA for the rest of this week.
    It's also not easy to type and not move shoulders.

Hope you all have a great night.

Michelle....hope the meds work out or new ones to try. sounds like you have everything covered. good luck.

Ceejay....you blinked and missed the one fsnowlake that went flying by!! Just 3 more days??? YIOOEE!!!: encore: Good for you Ceejay!!! We will stick to our guns and remain on vacation no matter who tries to get us!!!. Have a good weekend in Paragould. You're staying over I presume??:GINGER:

Happy....I just use my debit card with paypal. So much easier.
    Hope no one ever "steals" it though!!! I'll bring the tiny marshmallows!!!

Laura....the pictures are adorable. I had a good laugh at the goggie digging his/her way into your yard. Brave pooch!! roflmao Hope you get to use the gym and so cl;ose too!! Keep up the good workl. I am a movie maniac this month too! LOL but my TV is stuck on the Hallmark channel Never apologize for being negative....it's called life and we all do it (especially me)

Shad....I was thinking of you this week. We've been steaming veggies and baking yams. YUM!! I had a smnall one for breakfast Hope Mr. Cranky Pants down the hall calmed down.
    I'll get ready just incase he didn't.

SORRY HAVE TO USE CAPS NOW....CAN'T LEAN FORWARD ANYLONGER....................

ANNIE....I CANNOT BELIEVE HIS DD'S DRAMA! SOUNDS LIKE STUFF IN RICHIE'S FAMILY. I COULD TELL YOU SOME STORIES!!. HOPE YOU CAN FIND A GOOD & DECENT RENTER FOR THE HOUSE. I TOLD JEN JUST THE OTHER DAY I AM WAITING FOR THE OTHER SHOE TO DROP BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS. SEEMS LIKE DRAMA IS EVERYWHERE. WILL SEND CURTIS SOME GOOD THOUGHTS. MY HEART ACHES FOR THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR!! LOL WISH I COULD RENT IT!!
  • Good Grief...I have had the hiccups for the past 20 minutes with no relief in site...Thank God I am up for the duration of 3 loads of laundry. Maybe the hics will cease by the time I want to sleep....

MELLIE...dang it anyway...sorry you are under the weather and sending you good health vibes and lots of hugs.

CEEG...maybe the co-worker will get the hint or the talkin' to from boss. Most peeps do not get hints and you just have to tell them right up front.

LAURA...hope your day got much better. It must of been bad cause you NEVER post bad days at the office like that. HUGS!

Gotta get the clothes outta the dryer.

Loves.
  • Annie
    This may seem silly but my friend had a terrible case of the hiccups at lunch one day. She put a paper towel over her glass of tea and sipped through paper towel. It worked. I was amazed.

Mel
    Ouch on the shoulders/neck. That can be painful. Hope they feel better soon.

• I just heard the TV say the temp might jump to almost 6o degrees by Tuesday.
    I can't believe it.
    Maybe we'll be using suntan oil on Christmas day
    Feeling 100% better. Had a good nights sleep.
    Staying off the computer and doing nothing today

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Annie.....my friend gets that once & awhile.
    Is that from the surgery??
    Hope they went away long before the wash was done
    That has to be awful!!

Ceejay....almost vacation time!
    You can imagine you're on a nice warm beach.
    Can you hear the waves? ?