Steel Magnolias #27

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Back home safe and sound. It was the most spectacular thing we have ever done. Lots to do so may not get back in here until Wed. Just wanted you to know we got home a-okay.
  • Good Evening, Flowers! It's been another nice fall day except for the wind. It has calmed down now but rained leaves most of the day. So far our four large maples are hanging on to their leaves. I've had a busy day; we balanced at church and I was on my way in an hour. I picked up the gift shop money but haven't counted that yet. I will do that first thing tomorrow. I put together my cookie tray and got my stuff together for the afternoon meeting. I filled in for the treasurer which includes taking roll along with giving the financial status. I was co-hostess so helped pick up a bit afterwards. After the meeting I ran a couple errands. Bob is farming today and should be home soon since it is getting dark.

Maggie -- I know you will enjoy your new compact food processor! Good luck at WW tonight. I hope the iron monster agrees with your scale!

"Gma" -- Glad you are home again! Hurry back!

I'm off to watch DWTS! Enjoy your evening!
  • Back To Yack

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

YIPEKIO I am down another 1.6# which brings me to a total of 80.8# total loss ~ can you tell I am jazzed? Onward down this road to thin. I bought a box of those delicious Iced Lemon Cookies and a box of the mini bars of Toffee Peanut Perfiction that I can have on hand when I want something of that natue as a treat.

DONNA FAYE home all safe and sound. It will be interesting to read your report of your excursions on that ship.

JEAN What a relief to get the count done first try isn’t it. Were all your cookies eaten or did you have some to bring home and freeze for a later occasion? Are you starting that turkey weight loss countdown at your WW meeting? (I’m just full of questions it seems. ) Guess it all starts with next weeks weigh in. I am gearing up to be a loser to the best of my ability for the rest of this year.

Have a great evening Magnolias.
  • Titilating Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a wonderful breezy day in the high 70šs today and I am happy with that. I have some chores to do out in the kitchen this day for Will brought home some more meat for me to package up and freeze. Also there is a recipe in the latest handout at WW that uses wantons to make little apple turnovers that I want to make. They look very easy to do and I will see how they freeze for we will eat just one serving apiece which is 4. Anyway I want to give that recipe a try. It will be a good dessert after dinner of burger pillows and rice with a side of some veggie. I am going to mix some dry onion soup along with some other things with hamburger and make little pillow patties and bake them. Kinda like little meat loafs but not exactly. Anyway they are good done that way.

I’m telling you this cat Cecil is a real character. Will was out in the kitchen and the cat was there and looked up at him and started meowing and wouldn’t let up until Will figured out there was some dirt or sand in bottom of the water dish that he shares with the dogs. Will picked up the bowl and Cecil followed him over to the sink and supervised him dumping it and cleaning it before filling it with water. Cecil then took a nice long drink and was satisfied he got what he wanted. We give them fresh water several times a day anyway. Then Cecil came in here and was giving me what for. I had left the bedroom door open for him this morning but that wasn’t good enough. He wanted me to go close it after he went in. And here I thought I was being smart to leave the door open for him ~ but no ~ he wants it closed then have me open it and him go in and then me close it behind him. Like I said, he has me trained and I can’t change the way of doing things. He is one smart cat. He just wanted me to close the door after he got on the bed.

My eyes are watering and I am sneezing ~ there is something in the air this day that is getting to me. But not bad enough to be medicated. Something on the breeze.

Will has gone to the museum to measure a young man’s gun for he is making him an old timey holster to use in re-enactment shoot em ups. There is what is called Octoberfest in the park later on this month where Will will be selling “stuff” in the morning for the museum then in the afternoon he and others will act out a robbers and good guy scene from history. Will is going to be one of the historical good guys wearing his new black hat. He shaved his chin and just has a long moustache now to look the part. Looks good on him though. My cowboy ~ what fun we do have. I will go down and cheer him on and boo the bad guys. Life is good.

Have a great day Magnolias.
  • Good Morning, Flowers! It's a cool 55 degrees, sunny, and breezy in my neighborhood this morning. Most of the leaves on our tree in the front yard have fallen. Bob hopes for wind to blow them to the cat hating neighbors yard! She was on the answering machine when we got home Sunday, inviting us to a bonfire in their back yard Saturday night. Too bad we were gone.

I've been on the phone with a friend for over an hour and I've counted the gift shop money so need to make a bank run. Then it is the never ending decluttering, magazine sorting, dusting and vacuuming waiting for me.

Maggie -- on the great loss of 80.8#s! That is wonderful! We didn't have as many at the meeting yesterday so I left some cookies with the hostess, froze the oatmeal cookies I like, sent the Special K bars with Bob, and have the pumpkin cookies going to church this afternoon. Ernie's "little brother" has pretty much taken up residence on the deck. He isn't too brave about being petted unless I sit down on the deck with him and then he will come to me. Will's Octoberfest shindig sounds like fun.

I need to get going and get something done. Enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
  • Afternoon gals. I came in here a couple times this morning and each time got interrupted so will try again.

We left here around 3:30 PM and drove to Macon, GA and stayed the night then drove on into Port Canaveral. They have a turnpike where you pay but this is the weirdest thing we have ever encountered. You would drive about 5 miles and pay a toll, then another 5 and pay a toll. Now this had nothing to do with exits nor did we change roads. We paid $9 in tolls, $1 at a time!

On Sunday morning we had the earliest shuttle to the terminal so we got off around 10:30 AM. So glad I reserved the package deal because he dropped us off right where you leave your bags and go into the terminal. Let me tell you, I got a whole lot of exercise walking last week. It was a gazillion miles once you walked into the terminal and got in line to check in. We were front of the line so check in breezed right through and soon we were on the ship. We went to the buffet restaurant (all I can say is huge ICK!) Only decent thing they had was hot dogs and that's what I ate everytime we went there, which was only when we were in port and the dining room was closed. The little cafe on board had these delicious tiny croissant turkey and ham sandwiches and it was open 24-7 and was one floor down and across the walk from our room so easy peasey if you got hungry. They also had a Sorrento's pizza 24-7 and their pizza was really good. One of the most amazing things is you can eat or drink anywhere and I mean anywhere on the ship. There are no restricted areas at all and can even order a drink before their shows start. On Sunday we were so exhausted we went to bed at 8 PM then woke up at Midnight and Jack wanted pizza so we dressed and went to Sorrento's. It was quiet as a church except for one smart aleck guy walking away from us with a beer. He said, "Hey, the old codgers are out prowling tonight!" (meaning us! ) I asked Jack if he felt like an old codger!

Monday was an at sea day so we just hung out, went to the adults only pool (and it was deep, yahoo!) so I loved that. We dressed for dinner as it was formal night and my navy dress was a disaster. It was way too big and I couldn't wear it as it had gotten all stretched out somehow. So the picture you see is the first formal night and I wore the black and white dress. We had fabulous dinner parters, 3 couples we had such a good time with all week we exchanged addresses and such. Ahh and Jack ate the escargot btw and liked it as did I. They fix them in a garlic butter sauce and the things themselves have no taste just texture, very similar to what a button mushroom that is cooked not raw is like. We also had this delicious seafood ceviche one night and I had a yummy poblano pepper and corn soup (Maggie you would have loved this one) Jack tried duck, lamb chops, and a variety of things he had never eaten before. He told me he didn't eat one thing he didn't like.

Tuesday was another at sea day. We goofed off all day for the most part and visited with tons of people. Jack wore his USN retired had that I bought him for Father's Day and there were tons of retired military on board so he was in hog heaven as everyone stops and visits with you. Most on board were 50+ but there were young couples and some families though not a lot.

Since Wed was first excursion day and it was awful, I will save it for tomorrow.

Missed you all very much. Missed my doggy too, but he did great except he woke Kelly up at 6 AM everyday (he gets up with Jack every morning )

Talk to you again tomorrow. I have to go get out more laundry and put the next load in. Gracious we wore a lot of clothes! Faye

• Good morning to you all! It is cool here this morning and supposed to only get into the low 70's. Our deck is covered in leaves so guess fall is upon us.

Onto the cruise saga: On Wednesday was the excursion to St Thomas. We paid for a tour of the island and brother what a lousy tour. First off, the company doing the tour was using really old open air truck type thing with metal bench seats with a really high step up. They were made for 4 persons per row and they squished 5 into each row and I couldn't get into the thing as it was too high for my bad knee so I had to sit up front with the driver! On top of that, it was around 90 degrees that day with about 80% humidity and no one wanted to be all squished together. I didn't even get to sit with my husband! On top of that, his radio was broken so he couldn't even give us a "tour talk." Instead of taking us to places like where the pirates used to roam and stuff like that, he took us up one steep mountain and stopped at small tourist traps to take pictures of the scenes down below. I think he got a cut from the vendors personally. So many people complained about it, that Royal Caribbean gave us our money back. Picture of the ships docked at St Thomas.

Thursday was a whole different banana. We again had booked a tour of the islands and were dreading it. It was still very hot and we had to walk almost 1/2 mile to the place we were picked up. On the up side, it was a huge air conditioned bus and this guy gave us one heck of a tour of St Maartin, which is actually two countries, Phillipsburg is Dutch and Marigot is French. He gave us tons of info about both sides. We stopped for 45 minutes at a flea market, nothing to write home about. Jack bought a button down tropical shirt, but they had no tshirts to get the boys so I passed. I was really sick too. My uterus was acting up and it caused my colon to have diverticulitis trouble so I was in a lot of pain the whole trip. On top of that, I was afraid to stand up and get out of the bus heading back because I was afraid I would have an accident. Jack found out they had these little tram things like they use at the airport that take you to and from the boat so we caught one back, which was a God send. Here is a picture of us as we got off the boat at Phillipsburg.

Friday and Saturday were at Sea Days and we found out the last two days they have huge sales. Since Friday was my birthday, Jack bought me these for my birthday. The ring is a diamond, topaz and sapphire ring set in a copper band. The bracelets are the Pandora style. We got great deals on all three and saved $300 dollars off the retail price by waiting until Friday and Saturday. I also got a tshirt for Thomas and saved $7 on it.

Jack surprised me at dinner. He had the waiter and assistant waiter put a candle on a chocolate dessert and the waiters and the table sang happy birthday to me. It was a great birthday for sure.

On Saturday we just hung out and packed. What a nightmare that was. The room was surprizingly spacious and we had room to put everything away and hung up and we stored our bags under the bed. We have to have the luggage outside our door to be picked up between 7-11 PM. We had a separate bag packed to have overnight and to take to the hotel on Sunday. Everything goes so smoothly.

Tomorrow, I'll tell you all about the waiters at dinner and our room steward and the shows we say. Drama there too.

I will include a pick of our towel animals that our room steward placed in our room every evening. This was a dog. PS: this is not my beautiful haircut! It was so hot my head was soak and wet almost all the time so I just pulled it behind my ears or whatever I could do to make it cooler. Faye

• Good Afternoon, Flowers! I am in the church office this afternoon and it is quiet! There is no one else here until after school when kids arrive and then at 5 is bell practice. I have plenty to do but am taking a short break. The sun is shining again but it is windy. Tomorrow the temperature drops down into the 50s. I went to get my nails done this morning and ran a couple errands before stopping here to get last minute instructions. They had already left! It's a good thing I know my way around the office or I would be big time lost!

"Gma" -- I have so enjoyed reading about your trip! Your jewelry is beautiful! I had to laugh at the dog towel. I'm sorry your first excursion was a bust but I suppose that is the luck of the draw. It would be my luck I know. Did you ever feel sea sick at all? I just visited with a gal who was fine on the ship (Alaskan cruise) but once she got home she got so woozy she went to the doctor. He told her it was a reaction from being on the ship and the high waves.

I need to get back to my "job." Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
  • Wonderful Warm Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

This has been a busy day so far. Been out and among em. Had a lunch out and watched what I ate so am OK with it. Since this is Wednesday we don’t usually eat till after evening Bible class. I think Will wants to go out to ApplebeesŪ so that will be a good place for me to count points. If he decides to stay home which is fine with me I can find something to cook. It is the sleepy time of the day and I am sitting here yawning. I do need to get out to the kitchen and bag up some meat we picked up today and get it into the freezer. It is just about full even though I pull things out to cook something gets bought to take it’s place. I date what I put in there so I always try to pull out the oldest date to prepare.

When I go to bed I have to put my lip balm in the toe of my shoe on a night table or the cat absconds with it ~ so that is where I put my “active link” for the night so I don’t forget to wear it the next day. I don’t mind the cat playing with my lip stuff but when one of the dogs gets hold of it they bite it and then it isn’t any good to me anymore. Cecil just bats it around and I used to find it under Will’s desk before I got wise and stashed it down in the toe of a shoe.

DONNA FAYE Sounds like all in all you had a wonderful time. There are always a few things that are disagreeable on excursions and we just get though them the best we can. there is more fun than not. I love that little towel fold ~ what a neat thing for them to do. Sounds like you had a lovely large enough room to stay in. What a neat thing that they had a sale of their "goodies" and you were able to find some things that suit you ~ nice looking things.

JEAN Kinda nice for you to have the office all to yourself for a change I imagine. Our temps start out in the 50's and get up to the mid 80's still. Trees still have most of thier leaves around here yet.

Have a great afternoon/evening Magnolias.
  • Good morning to you ladies. It is cool this morning but supposed to heat up into the 80's again today. We have leaves everywhere, but I want most of them to fall before we do any cleanup.

We thought we would have new neighbors when we got back, but they haven't rented out the place next door and it is going on the second month. I am curious why of course as he is usually hot to trot to get someone in there right away. Doesn't bother me it is empty that's for sure other than people figuring it out and using it for drugs or something.

Our room attendent was a peach. He kept everything spotless, he hunted down Jack's piece of luggage when it never got delivered, and they clean the rooms top to bottom twice a day and do a turn down, which is nice of course. He got me two extra blankets to use to help me sleep too. He was just as nice as he could be and always called us by name whenever he would see us. He told us he cleans 15 rooms twice a day and used to have to do more than that. On top of that, he is at our beck and call 24/7 so they work really hard and the pay is not great at all. We prepaid our gratuities, which the ship divides between several people, but we gave him an extra $40 and the waiters each an extra $20 apiece. Each table in the dining room has a main waiter and an asst waiter and they serve you every night. Our waiters were great and they also knew everyone's first name, brought your drinks out every night before you asked and bent over backwards to give you whatever you wanted to eat even if it wasn't on the menu. Each night has a theme and the waiter would explain everything that was involved in the themed menu or you could choose from the menu for the evening. The head waiter came around every night to make sure everyone was happy and visited every table and this place is huge. We only ran into a couple people we found to be anything other than pleasant and gracious. There were two female servers that were a little not rude exactly but when everyone else is falling all over themselves to please you, these two didn't seem to care much. I also had to deal with a guy in the photo gallery who was a bit snippy, but other than that, everyone was over the top nice.

We went to two production musical shows, one of which was supposed to be funny but wasn't and they were ok, but we have seen better. Their ice show was fantastic even with the incident that happened in our row. This over the top flashy trashy woman was sitting beside me and I think she was about 3 sheets to the wind. There was a cute Norwegian couple with their little 5 year old girl right in front of me. The flashy one was whooping and hollering, even laughed uproariously when one of the female skaters fell. The young Norwegian lady turned around and politely asked her if she would quiet down a bit. Well, instead she made more noise and she asked again and even her husband told her if she didn't quiet down they would be asked to leave, but she was on a roll. When yelling to high heaven didn't seem to work anymore, she leaned over and clapped loudly in the young woman's ear. Well, then the fun really began because the Norwegian man grabbed the woman's hand and told her to stop and leave his wife alone and the husband of the loudmouth stood up and grabbed the guy and here we go. You know me, never one to back off so I leaned over between them and told them to calm down and Jack went and got security. At the end of the performance when they got up to leave, loud mouth's husband tapped the other guy on the shoulder. I thought he was going to apologize but instead he told him, "I'll meet you outside!" Because we had gotten security involved they were waiting and as the two couples came out, one took one one way and the other the other way. The next day they came to my cabin and took a statement from me. I made it clear loud mouth started the whole thing (oh yes, and her husband had her move eventually to the other side of him where there were free seats and she was seated next to an elderly couple and started it again and the older man basically told her to shut up!) So we had our little drama.

Here is our bunny towel animal. The ships propellers were going and it made the ship vibrate and our bunnie's ears were waggling back and forth. Jack took some video of it. Also the other picture is in Phillipsburg, St. Maartin. They have a lot of high end hotels and resorts and this was one of them.

Jean: I didn't get seasick, but we had several days of higher winds around 30-40 mph and they were coming crosswise across the ship so it rocked sort of. Well, I found it really messed up my equalibrium and I had to hold on to Jack everywhere we went. We went to a show and I started down the marble stairs and almost fell because I was so overbalanced. I had to put up with that for about 4 days, but I was never nauseaous. I can't look out the windows or stand at the sides because it makes me dizzy to see the water moving. Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday. One of my friends from high school that lives in Montana I think had a wicked snowfall yesterday and high winds to boot so I guess 50 degree temps aren't too bad!

Maggie: Sounds like Cecil knows who is boss! Fortune barks at us if he wants something so it is about the same. If he wants to be fed he stands at his bowl and barks at me! Congrats on how far you have come weight loss wise.

Well enough blabbing for me. Time to unload the dishwasher and get upstairs and unpack the last bag. We have a load of laundry to put away and this bag and then everything is back to normal. We have to go grocery shopping on Saturday and on Monday I will start back to my cleaning routine. Have a good one today! Faye

• Good Morning, Flowers! The temperature has dropped as predicted; it is windy and cloudy so all around gloomy in my corner of the world. I am taking a break! I can't get the stupid folding machine to fold right; one is a triple fold and the other a double, so I am hand folding 500 copies for Sunday! I have everything else done so know it won't take me that long. Bob and his farmer friend finished harvest yesterday but have some tractor repairs to do which will take both of them to accomplish.

Maggie -- Yesterday Bob called me as I was leaving after bell practice and offered to cook supper. We ate at a restaurant that we don't often go to and enjoyed a regular meal for a change. I don't cook when he is working at the farm because I never know when he will get home. Ernie likes to play with scraps of paper and loves the pile of envelopes, etc., from junk mail. He jumps right in if I don't get everything picked up and disposed of asap. I'm sure a lot more leaves will fall today in this wind. We always seem to have wind.

"Gma" -- I admire the fact that room attendants and servers can remember names. I'm bad with names and could never be a server where they can't write anything down as orders are given. That's too bad the lady and her husband were so obnoxious but it's good that security kept them separated after the show. I love the bunny, so cute! I did hear about the MT snow; we notice MT weather because of Bob's brother lives in Billings.

Well, I need to get back to my folding project. Have a terrific Thursday and enjoy!
  • Good afternoon, ladies! In the 80s and humid.

I maintained at the Y this week but I expected that after my big loss last week. The workouts with the trainer are fantastic. He has really shown me I can do a lot more than I thought. We worked out with kettle bells on Tuesday night and I took a 10 pound one. He had us set out weights down and then go and get the next bigger ones (20 pounds). We started with the lighter one and it was not to difficult. Then he had us do the same thing with the bigger one and I was amazed I could do it.

I had to take Casper to the vet yesterday. He's been sneezing and sneezing and not eating or drinking much. She said his lungs aren't congested and he didn't have an elevated temp so she thinks its seasonal allergies but she gave him an antibiotic shot and I have some pills to get in him every 12 hours for the next 2 weeks. He seemed a little better today. All he wants is for me to hold him so I'm not getting much done. I have to teach at the retreat for the next 3 days so he is going to stay with his Aunt Glory.

Faye, what a wonderful trip. I really love your hair style. I know it was expensive but it sure looks good.

Jean, I don't even want to think about snow. I'm hoping for none this winter. Our average snowfall is 7 inches per year. Bummer on the folding machine not working right. That was a nice picture you put on Facebook.

Maggie, you are doing so well with your weight loss. You'll be at 100 pounds before you know it. Doesn't it feel good? I have so much more energy when I exercise regularly and I sleep better.

Have a wonderful weekend.
  • Thankful Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a cooler day in the high 60šs and might even reach into the 70š before the sun sets. I just finished a yummy brunch of waffles and sausage along with a can of spicy hot V8. WW has a new package out that has two waffles, two pieces of sausage and a package of syrup. I only added a bit more sf ff syrup for that little package didn’t cover even a thin skiff on the two waffles. All for a whopping 7P+ and worth it (plus it was gotten with a free coupon.) I’ll buy a few more of those to have on hand for when Will is gone. I am going to be making mac and cheese for dinner and cut up a couple of those burger pillows I made the other night in it and serve it with salad and some cut up peaches. Sounds yummy to me and put a smile on Will’s face so it is what is going to be done. Life is good. I have finished my coffee and I want a latte but will have to wait until Will gets home @ 5-ish this evening. I want my double shot of espresso.

Abe Lincoln is down at the museum this day and they are all making plans for the re-enactment that will happen this weekend with a ribbon cutting celebration and all that hoopla. The man who plays Abe is as a close look alike as you can imagine. Tall thin drink of water for sure with the same beard and in costume you think “Abe”. The mail man brought Wills new cowboy gun belt this morning and it is a mahogany brown beauty with the bullet loops all around. He made himself one that has bullet loops just on left side but for the show he will have two belts on for he will have two different sized pistols and lots of blank bullets. If you hold your gun in the right hand you want your bullet loops on the left side ~ I have a beautiful brown gun belt like that. I am going to have Will put a shot gun shell loop on my belt since I now have my “snake charmer”. The charmer holds a few shells in the stock. If I never see a harmful snake or rodent when we are traipsing out and about in the back country that will be great but if I go where they are I will be prepared. I also have a snake bite kit in my vest pocket. My vest is a water proof canvas one with pockets all over the front to stash useful things in while out and about. On the back there is a long pocket that my snake charmer fits in nicely which makes it easy to reach. It is good to be as prepared as one can be, I do believe, in whatever one endeavors to persevere.

SUSAN on your maintain for that is good after your big loss of last week. WOW you are going great guns with your exercise. Your body will thank you big time. I am still plugging along with s in my . I doubt if I will ever be a Your poor kitty with his sneezing. Hopefully the meds you got for him fix him up back to exact. He should be will on the mend and not give your friend any trouble when you are gone to the retreat. Have a great time there.

JEAN that is a whole ream of paper to fold. Someone needs to get that machine fixed before you need to use it again. Isn’t it a nice surprise to get such a good meal at a restaurant you haven’t been to in awhile.

DONNA FAYE I am so glad you got home all safe from your trip. Now what will you be planning on for next vacation? Going back on a cruise maybe since this one turned out so nice for you two. l love that bunny they made out of a towel ~ what a nice talent to have that puts a nice smile on folks faces. Could be that your neighbors cooked drugs in that condo, and if so, then the owners have to leave it empty until it has been scrubbed. Folks moving in where a meth lab was can get very sick. Very sick! Otherwise there must be folks chomping at the bit to rent that place.

Have a great day Magnolias.
  • The contractor showed up tonight and is removing the two chipped ceramic tiles in my kitchen floor. I hope he can finish all of what he has to do this weekend. Bob is supervising and helping as needed! Ernie's little brother took off across the yard and Ernie headed for the basement. Working all day is for the birds! I am tired tonight! I've done everything on my "to do" list and will write check vouchers tomorrow then catch up on magazines or my book, unless something else comes up.

Susan -- on the maintain! You are doing so well; I'm glad you enjoy the workouts. I hope Casper is feeling better. It's nice that he can stay with his Aunt Glory while you are teaching this weekend. I've heard that our winter will be colder and wetter than last year; then the next report is another mild one like last year. I guess we'll see when it gets here.

Maggie -- Are you going to be in the re-enactment this weekend? It does sound like fun. You are smart to carry a gun if you are in snake country! I'd probably shoot myself in the foot! The folding machine wasn't broken, I just couldn't get it set right to do a triple fold evenly. I got the double fold part to work fine so I only had to hand fold 250 sheets. It didn't take long. I'd rather have something to do than sit and watch the clock go around. There were no church activities today so it was really quiet. It will be quiet again tomorrow; there is a funeral on Saturday but I don't have to be there for that.

I have a load of towels in the dryer that I need to fold and start another load of clothes. Bob finished harvest yesterday so have grubby farm clothes to wash and always run an empty cycle afterwords to be sure the tub is clean. Enjoy your evening.
  • Good morning to you all. Yesterday was my peeved off day. First, the insurance company has decided to not go farther with our claim so we lost $250 in deductible money and Jack didn't even do anything. There is no sense in changing insurance companies because when I checked others they are all about the same or more expensive for the same thing and they pretty much all said we wouldn't get money back from them either. Then we had an experience at the hotel we stayed in at Macon Georgia. I booked them coming and going as they were a good price. They have some kind of mold problem in their ventilation system and when I reviewed them on Trip Advisor I emphatically said so. Someone at the hotel on the bottom of my review said they looked into it and they have no mildew or mold. Well besides both Jack and I smelling it when we stayed Sept 21 and Sept 30, they had a dehumidifier in the lobby, fans underneath all the tables on all the floors common areas (we checked) and when we complained on the 30th, the guy just gave us another room. We went to it and the Pine Sol smell was so thick it gagged you. They are covering it up and lying about it. I immediately thought of you Susan and how it would effect you. I sent an email to corporate and we shall see what they say. I mean, when have you ever stayed at a hotel and they have fans running on the floor in every common area and a dehumidifier to boot. In fact, when we checked in the first date, the lobby was heavy with some kind of fragrance, but when we walked off the elevator I smelled it immediately. I said to Jack that I smelled mildew and the housekeeper was in the hallway at the time. We took our stuff into the room and went right back out and she had put another fan on the floor and sprayed the whole hallway so it stank to high heavens of some floral stuff. It really makes me mad to be lied to and the gal that checked us out on Monday morning gave me bologna when I point blank asked her what the mildew smell was from. She tried to tell me she hadn't worked for the last 3 days so didn't know anything about it and maybe it was from the rain. Does it rain indoors????

Here are the last of my little towel friends. The bat was my favorite. It got a real laugh when we came back to the room after dinner.

Susan: Glad you had a maintain. You work so hard to stay healthy and fit. We had some really great food onboard. Jack and I both tried the ceviche for the first time and really loved it. It was a starter not an entree. I would like to find a really good recipe for it as it doesn't seem like it would be high in calories or points as it is seafood, cucumber, peppers and a vinegar base. Ours was a little spicy with some diced jalepenos.

Maggie: We will definitely go on another cruise. It was the best trip we have ever been on and you know I am a lover of Vegas and I would do a cruise over Vegas anytime. We have seen the re-enactment at Vicksburg in Mississippi. Driving through the battlegrounds really gives you a heavy heart about what our country did to each other during the Civil War for sure.

Jean: Hope you didn't get any paper cuts. The pics of the kids on your Facebook page are so cute. Boy our grandkids are sure growing up fast, aren't they? I told Jack Thomas will be 12 1/2 in Dec and I can't face him being a teenager so soon. I have to work and get Jay's other sock done. His birthday is the 22nd and I need to priority ship it the latest, the 20th. I am going to send all their vacation souvenirs in his birthday box. He loves Carrabbas so am going to get him a gift card to go along with his socks.

Well, gals, like I said I need to work on that sock. You all have a nice weekend. I am going to go commissary shopping tomorrow for 3 weeks instead of two so we won't have to go again next week. Should be a real blast! Faye