3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   September Sassy Sisters of the Worldlie Type (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/265506-september-sassy-sisters-worldlie-type.html)

Laura705 09-03-2012 08:05 AM

Happy Sunday/Monday all & Happy Labor Day. I didn't refresh or something last night (or maybe I can blame it on the ads, haha), but I missed a lot of posts.

Shad- I hope the dentist Appt wasn't too bad. 7k sounds very painful!! Good thing your wallet wasn't lost- you'll certainly need it. :halffull:

Mel- glad to hear your eyes are improving, but sorry to hear about the other stuff. And all the alarms sure didn't help!! :tantrum: Everything happens on the weekend!!! I sure hope today will be calm for you & you can rest up & recover.

Ceejay- of course you want & need the rain & so of course you get flooding. Mother nature is quite the jokester. Are you working today?

Michelle- I hope things are looking brighter after sleeping on things a couple days. Praying you and dh find your way through this problem and come out with a stronger marriage.

Hellos to the rest of you. :wave: Java, new month here- hope to see you pop in for a quick visit.

Nothing much to report after my late post yesterday. Gonna read the paper I didn't get a chance to read yesterday. And there's another one on the driveway today - a holiday freebie I guess. Off to brew some tea. :coffee2:

Laura705 09-03-2012 08:21 AM

Mel- thanks for reminding me to check out Happy's artist link. But my tiny iPhone screen sure doesn't do her work any justice. Gonna have to go to the big monitor in the home office to get the full effect! Thanks for the link Happy!

ceejay52 09-03-2012 08:41 AM

Morning

Laura
Yes, I'm at work. So far so good.

Mel
Bless you, you already have had a busy day. Glad you are feeling better.

Annie
The dog is really cute and looks playful.

Happy
How did your work day go?

Praying that the day is quiet. but their will be some that will forget and call.
thinking that the light office is open.

diyana 09-03-2012 11:05 AM

Good morning ladies -

Thanks for all your love and support. DH and I are working on moving past the hurt. We had a nice evening yesterday at the races. It was very much like old times. Today, he's going to rest and try and get over a sinus infection before he has to fly to CA on Thursday. I'm going to attempt a bit of decluttering.

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to get back for personals later.

Much love to all of you,
Michelle

Hotcupojava 09-03-2012 12:55 PM

Clomp.... drag.... clomp.... drag....

The lurking, sneaky turtle crawled along, dragging her shell, and followed all you lovely ladies into September. Hello and how'dyou do? :coffee2:

happy2bme 09-03-2012 01:01 PM

Good morning ladies,

I made it through the first day on the job and what a day it was. Outside of a 15 minute break while I ate my lunch (quickly) I was on my feet constantly from 10am to 6pm. Came home too tired to even eat. I thought of Annie running around at CVS after working all day and I don't know how you did it woman. :faint: The owners are super super nice people and they were very patient with me. It was an awful lot to learn at once because you do everything - greet customers, bag popcorn, restock shelves, run the cash register, clean up and a multitude of other things that get done to open for the day and shut down at night. To go from retirement and getting mush brain to hyper activity was quite a challenge. I am glad that I have some comfy shoes but at the end of the day my back and feet were looking forward to a nice soak in the tub :lol: I guess I did ok because the owner talked to me about working more hours than just the weekends and at the end of the day she gave me a key to the store. They have had the store for 4 years and I think it was mostly just those 2 doing it all and they are open 7 days a week so I think they are happy to get some help and a break. I was most nervous about the cash register. There are 3 different pricing structures and 3 different sizes plus 2 specialties so that makes 11 possible prices to try and get straight. I'm sure it will come with time. This is the last big weekend for the tourist type crowds so it should slow down alot after this. I can have all the popcorn, frozen yogurt or drinks that I want but I was happy with just water yesterday. Funny, after a bit you don't even notice the popcorn smell although when I came back from lunch I noticed the smell of fresh popped popcorn as soon as I walked in the door and last night sitting and talking to DH, I realized how I smelled of it. There are worse things to smell like :lol: I do like it even though it's strenuous and I will probably wind up working more than I thought I would. Don't think I'm up for full time though, I'd still like some days to myself but we'll see how it goes. I could have gone to bed at 9 last night but went to bed at 11 (which is early for me) and slept like the dead. Awoke at 6am today awake and ready to go if not a bit stiff. DH was laughing, said no more 3am nights for me anymore :lol:

Michelle - I'm sorry that you are DH are having some troubled times right now. I do hope you can work past whatever is causing the problem. Believe me, I understand - this coming from someone who was thinking this week that maybe we should be part time spouses as this full on 7 x 24 thing is a bit much ;) :lol: I'm glad to hear you had a nice day together. Take it one day at a time and keep the lines of communication open. And heaven knows, there are some things you will never both agree on - in that case one of the two of you has to learn to let it go. Wishing you well my friend :hug: Always there if you need to talk.

Ceejay - shame that you have to work on a holiday but I hope it's quiet for you. Looks like Isaac cracked the whip and gave you guys a taste of his tail with the storms and all.

Laura - yes you will have to look at the artwork on a full sized screen. I love her prints. I'm sure I'm going to have to be working the day of her next art showing so maybe that's a good thing. She does beautiful stuff. Hope you have a relaxing weekend with tea and the Sunday paper to browse over.

Shad - OMG those implants are so pricey!!!! I really should get 3 myself but I just can't really justify that sort of money. And one of the guys at my last job who got one said that once in, some foods like popcorn will be banned forever as I guess certain hard foods could break the tooth. So maybe they are the porcelain china of teeth :D :lol: Great advice you gave to Michelle - applies to any of us.

Mel - actually the ad I had the most trouble with was the one for the Republican candidate. If the mouse came anywhere near the ad, it would pop up with him talking. More annoying than the Garmin lady on the GPS :rofl: Shuddup already!!! I'm glad you liked the picture of the hummingbird. That was a lucky shot. Now my camera is out of focus and I have to read the manual to get it back again. Seems like everytime I try to take night shots, it gets hosed up. I'm glad the woman in the office learned her lesson about gossiping. Sorry it was at your expense but she was lucky she picked someone who didn't take it harder than you did. Holy Geez you've had a crazy busy weekend so far - hang in there - full moon is over with for now :lol:

Annie - hope you are enjoying the weekend with all your friends and family. Yes, if you named Sassy in honor of Shad's Shad then that would be big paws to fill as Shad was a special dog. I guess perhaps the mix of long and short hair parents softens the chihuahua look. Back in TN the nail salon owners had the cutest dog that was a mix of chihuahua and something else - sadly one day someone opened their gate and stole the dog. Bad people :rollpin: I think many of us associate little dogs to being high strung but I think they have bred a calmer demeanor in them.

Ellen - hope you are having a nice weekend with the family.

DH went in the back over an hour ago to take a nap and the longer I sit here, the sleepier I get. However I do need to go to the grocery store. Hopefully by now everyone has come and gone to do their holiday BBQ shopping and I hope the store is not crowded. So I guess I will get off the computer and get a move on here. Have a good day chicks.

happy2bme 09-03-2012 01:02 PM

:wave: Hello Java, glad you found the new pond here :D

upswife 09-03-2012 04:33 PM

Afternoon chicks! Had a busy weekend and didn't hop o the computer at all except to read a little yesterday at work. Will catch everyone up tomorrow...we slept in and now most of the day is gone!

MELODY525 09-04-2012 07:05 AM

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/...970b-200wi.jpg

MORNING CHICKS.

QUIET DAY YESTERDAY. ONLY ONE ALARM.
COPS KEEP ASKING ME IF I AM ALRIGHT.
THEY'VE BEEN SO KIND TO ME SINCE I HAD PROBLEMS.
GUESS THEY REALIZED I AM NOT THE UNSINKABLE MELLIE:lol3:
NOTHING NEW. JUST RESTED UP.
SENT MY REPORTS DOWN IN WRITING.
THEY CAN CALL IF THEY HAVE A PROBLEM.
MAYBE SPEND THE DAY WITH JEN LATER ON.
HAVE A GREAT DAY. :moped:

LAURA.......HOPE THE DAY WAS PEACEFUL.
MY HEAD IS STILL ON THE HOLIDAY RIGHT NOW!!! :rofl:

CEEJAY.....THEY FORGET ABOUT THE HOLIDAY HERE TOO.
HOPE YOUR DAY WAS AS QUIET AS MINE.:hug:

MICHELLE......HAPPY TO HEAR YOU BOTH HAD A GOOD TIME.
SENDING A GOOD THOUGHT YOUR WAY FOR HAPPINESS:yoga:

MARY.....HAPPY SEPTEMBER TO YOU AS WELL :hug:
GLAD YOU COULD MAKE IT!!

HAPPY......OMG!! WHAT A WORK DAY YOU HAD.
YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT THE POPCORN SMELL...DEFINITELY NOT THE WORST!! :rofl:
HOPE YOU LIKE THE JOB AND ENJOY THE TIME SPENT THERE.
DON'T SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY IN THAT STORE!!!!
I CAN IMAGINE WHAT IT WAS LIKE LEARNING AGAIN.
GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!! GOOD LUCK:hug:

ELLEN....BETTER TO BE SLEEPING IN ATHAN TO BE TYPING HERE:rofl: :rofl:

upswife 09-04-2012 08:41 AM

Good morning everyone! Whew…what a weekend! Where to start???

Saturday DH and I took the Metra into the city, and caught one of the “El” trains to the Cubs game. We had a good time. This is the 4th one we’ve been to and we really enjoy going, even tho DH makes a big stink about the Cubs. I worked Sunday and got off in time to make it to church for a change. Dh took the kids at our “regular” time and went to a friends BBq. I was not feeling very well after, so we both headed to bed pretty early. Monday we slept in/lazed around then took the kids to a nearby trail and walked for a bit. Poor DD3 got really hot…had little red cheeks and sweaty hair. I had to send Everyone else ahead and take it slowly with her to get her to finish…she is way too big for me to carry and DH had already carried her on his shoulders. It turned out to be a good thing we saw a deer eating only about 20 ft from us. I got a pic with my phone will check it out and post if any good.

Today is back to normal. Dh is starting his day here at home cause he has an Ortho apt at 11:30. I should be meeting mom for her Mall walk…will try to go for a full one once she is done. DS and DD1 have another Cross Country meet this afternoon. Prob will have Turkey burgers for dinner. Have to find a side to go with it…Mac & cheese for the kids and veg for me and DH.

Mel~Glad yesterday was quiet for you. Continue to rest and feel better…how is Jen’s foot…still healing?

Happy~wow, your job sounds busy, I don’t know if I could do a full 8hr shift on my feet…between my knees and my lower back, I think I would be crying…or have to take some heavy duty drugs to get me thru the day.

Hello Java!! :wave: Glad to see you are still with us!

Michelle~So very sorry that you are going thru all of this right now. I’ve been praying for you and your family.

Ceejay~How was work?

Laura~Anything good in the paper? We did not get as much rain as was predicted, but it has been nice that we have gotten a little over a few days.

Shad~I hope your trip to the dentist went well, I could not imagine having to pay full price for that tho…thank goodness for insurance! It definitely puts into perspective the 2 small bills we owe for medical.

Annie~Sassy is so very cute! Hope the training continues to go well

Ok ladies, I have to get rolling. Gotta get some breakfast and get ready. Luv and hugs ladies!! Have an awesome Tuesday!!

ceejay52 09-04-2012 09:08 AM

Ellen
Like your mantra. We all need to take each day as it comes. My day at work was really good for a change for a holiday week end.

Michelle
Glad that you and dh are working through the problems.

Happy
Wow, getting the key on the first day is a great compliment. They must really liked and trusted you. But who wouldn't. It's a little different than sitting all day huh. I'm not sure I could ever get used to the popcorn smell.

Mel
Glad that your Monday was a quiet one also. I get to rest on Thursday.

Hi Annie
Know you were busy over the week end.

------
My day yesterday was pretty quiet. Had a few sewer calls but that's about it. Started getting a headache late yesterday afternoon and I'm trying not to let it get full blown -My ear has been bothering me so that's probably the cause.

happy2bme 09-04-2012 09:20 AM

Good morning girls,

Another work day for me. My back and foot are still a bit achey. I hope I make it thru the day ok. Yesterday we both took it easy - at least during the day. Then I made him go with me to the grocery store in the afternoon. I made chicken fajitas for dinner - they were good. Tried my new on the stove cast iron grill pan. The side I cooked the peppers on cleaned up really good as I lightly oiled the veggies before cooking. I had a chili lime marinade on the chicken and forgot to oil the pan before I set those on so that will require a bit of elbow grease to clean up. Will have to wait until tonight as it took me over an hour to clean up afterwards and then I had to break up the rotisserie chicken and bag and put away all the veggies and fresh fruit I bought. Got to put the garbage out tonight so I went through the refrigerators and cleaned them out as well as gathering the paper trash so it's all ready for DH to finish off. By the time I got done it was 9:30 and I had wanted to relax and watch a bit of TV before bedtime. When I'm cleaning my mind is going 60/40 with all sorts of stuff I'm thinking so if I try to go to bed right after, I just lay there wide awake. TV kind of shuts my brain down :lol: As it was I didn't get to bed until after midnight and it took a while to fall asleep. When I have to get up in the morning for something like work or a trip, I wake up alot during the night afraid I will oversleep. I woke up at 5am today and couldn't fall back asleep. Maybe I'm channelling Annie :lol:

Sure to sleep good tonight tho.

Mel - glad the police are looking after you, perhaps if the office people hear their concern they will think twice about pushing you so hard. Loved the Unsinkable Mellie thought! :D

Ellen - sounds like you had a busy weekend with the kids. You are getting alot of walking in which is great. Except if you have to tow a hot, tired kid :( Yes, it's hard standing for 8 hours straight. Ironic that I didn't want to apply for a bank teller or checkout person's job because I didn't think I could stand all day long and now I have to deal with it anyway. At least this is part time. Don't think I could hold up for 40 or more hours.

Anyway have a good week everyone. I have to get ready for my day.

happy2bme 09-04-2012 09:21 AM

Ceejay - weren't you having migraine issues? I'm sure the weather changing won't help the sinuses and head either.

annie175 09-04-2012 09:44 AM

Good Tuesday Morning....

Miss Sassy is doing well on the potty training...she had one accident this morning, but that was my fault. She ate her breakfast then I take her out to potty, but I had my own potty issues and couldn't get her out in time.

Made a slab of BBQ ribs last yesterday, slow cooked in the oven on 250 for the most part of the afternoon. Served with herb rice and made sauted zucchini. My brother and SIL came over for dinner. We sat out on the back patio deck and laughed and talked. Brother got a new job and starts next week. He will be traveling a lot. They also sold their house and are moving to Cincinnati, Ohio, only because they want to. His job can be done anywhere in the United States.

While the ribs were slow baking in the oven, I took Miss Sassy over to my dad's house. He loved her. Called her a babydoll. Once she gets potty trained, he wants to "dog sit" her some days while I am at work. Too cute. I am all for it. I also ran dad to CVS to pick up his scripts. All and all it was a nice afternoon spent with Dad.

We went over to Sissy's house on Sunday for a bit so Ainsley could meet Sassy. Curtis went in Ainsley's room with her and she proceeded to decorate C with a Tiara, earrings, nose ring, bracelet, a fake beauty queen bouquet, and a chinese paper fan, then made him come into the living room and dance for us. I laughed til I crieds.

Lil man is sick with a cold again and feeling badly. He is cutting 3 more teeth and just not a very happy baby. God love him. I feel so sorry for him.

ELLEN....nice you all got to take a little hike through the park. I remember the days of having to carry the wee ones, especially when all of us were hot and sweaty.

CEEG...may be sinsuses causing the headache but the earache concerns me. Maybe you need to see the doc to nip whatever it is in the bud.

MELLIE...Hoorah for the quiet weekend. Cops probably appreciate you more than you know expecially when they have to deal with so many other idiots.

HI JAVA!!

HAPPY...I feel for you standing on your feet all day. Wear two pairs of thicker socks, you won't believe how much it helps. Also when I took a shower, I plugged the drain so my fee stood in the hot water while showering...Popcorn, I love popcorn and the smell of it. I should create a "lite" popcorn perfume. haha.

CHELLE....Happy Tuesday. May the force be with you today and all good things come your way...C. H. A. R. G. E. !!!!

LAURA....ahhh hot tea and the newspaper..relaxing..sadly I only look at the flyer papers in the Sunday paper. Never had a rice ball, will have to google it.

SHADDIE...Sassy has become Sassypants, Sassy-loo, S-roo, Sasprilla, Sassy a$$, Sas-a-Frass and many others. She answers to all of them. lol.

Guess I had best get busy...lots to do, lil time to do it in. Have a great day/night.

Loves and Hugs.

diyana 09-04-2012 11:34 AM

Good morning ladies -

I have to keep this short and sweet (like me). I'm swamped with work today, and I have to run errands at lunch so that rules out working through lunch.

Laura and Annie - Are we still on for this Saturday? I can't believe it's just a few days away already!! Laura, are we still meeting at your house (or somewhere in the City). Please PM us your address if we're meeting there. I don't even care what we do...I'm just thrilled to finally be meeting both of you! Best birthday present ever!!

Ellen - I wish you could join us.

Annie - I love the nicknames for Sassy! Too cute.

Sorry I don't have time for personals, but I've got to get back to my projects.

I want to thank ALL of you WONDERFUL Worldly sistas for your love, support, compassion and encouragement (and prayers of course). And especially for your wise advice. Thank you so much!! DH and I have been talking last night and this morning about how committed we are to making this work. And I feel much more hopeful that we'll be able to.

Much love and many hugs,