View Poll Results: How Many Hours Per Week Do You Spend Watching Television?
Zero....Don't Have Time/Don't Like To Watch 0 0%
1-4 Hours 1 10.00%
4-7 Hours 5 50.00%
7-10 Hours 1 10.00%
Over 10 Hours 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 05:32 AM   #31  

Gayle-Would you believe I have the Stillman book??? I was on it years ago! Very, very limited, and I stayed on it for about 1 year!!
Old 04-09-2003, 09:14 AM   #32  
Losing it!

Shelley: I heard that there is a book around, I have had no luck finding it. I guess this diet was popular even before Atkins? I'm fine now, but not sure what to do once I go into maintenance.

Jeanne: I do think you deserve a visit from the "Whoosh Fairy" I will put out a special request to her today!!! You won't actually see her....but wait about 2-5 days and you will be amazed at what the scales read!!! She's alot like the Tooth Fairy, we can't see'm, but we know they are around!!!
Old 04-09-2003, 09:49 AM   #33  

Hi Everyone

Just posting a small note on a few of the threads. It has been busy here. We have had company all weekend and they will leave thursday. On friday we are expecting another batch of company. I am trying to conserve some energy for everyone. Not much sleep alot of partying and just plain old fun. We have the world curling games here this weeks.

Mom is about the same. Less pain in the leg and she can walk a bit better. Her last chemo treatment was yesterday. Now she will need 25 radiation treatments.

Well I better run wish you all a losing day.
Old 04-09-2003, 04:57 PM   #34  

Gayle-The diet was before Atkins. I'll look for my book and type up some sections from it for you.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:36 PM   #35  

Gayle-The book is actually called The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet, and also there is one called The Doctor's Quick Inches Off Diet. The one I found on my shelf is the quick inches off. I think I have the other one too, but I can't get to it because there is so much junk in front of it.

However, the diet I was on for a year was not Stillman's. It was The Complete Scarsdale Diet. I loved it. I even found my old charts I made up---dated 6/7/80!!! Would you believe I started the diet weighing 117 lbs, and I thought I was too heavy???? It looks like I only ever got down to 110 lbs though. Then I have other charts from 82, 83, 84. By 1984 my starting weight was 135. Wow, it's amazing to go back and see where my weight started really going up. I can't believe I kept all these records.

Anyway, if you need to know anything from the Stillman book, let me know. I have it by the computer so I can look things up for you. It's pretty much like the website that you have the link for.

BTW--I also have old, old, old Weight Watcher's books--from the very 1st one and the 2nd one. I'm not sure what I have after that because of all the junk in front of the bookcase (it's in dh's office.)
Old 04-09-2003, 09:47 PM   #36  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Evening girls

Is it Friday yet? Seems I always ask that question on Wednesdays..LOL. Everyday in Middle school is rough but the last 2 days have been even worse. Thinking of having my toe surgery soon, just to have a few days off...now that's bad!!

But some good news.....even through the stress...I'm still OP!!! 17 DAYS FOR ME....isn't that some kind of record?? LOL.

Gayle...I went to the Stillman website and it sounds a lot like the induction of Adkins. You know, if you do Adkins right the first three days should be just meat, cheese and eggs. How long can you stay on this diet and it be safe. How much do you want to lose?

Shelley....117 pounds and you thought you were fat?? I bet you look good at the weight you are now.

Sherry....Is school out soon?? LOL Man do I need a vacation!!! Laying on the beach without a care in the world, except sand in my crack...LOL.

Jeanne.....I got the tortillas today!!!! I still can't believe you did this for me, you are the greatest!! Can't wait to eat a breakfast burrito in the morning, with eggs, cheese, and ham. Thanks again!!

Carol....Come out, come out wherever you are!! I worry about you when you are gone for a couple of days. We can do this together, I know we can!!

Dee.....I'm so glad your Mom is doing better. I agree with you about posting little posts. We are in the big time now with so many threads. Exciting though!!!

Ramona...All this time I thought I ate too much!!! Come to find out it's my Dial soap...LOL. Where do they come up with all this stuff? Just to make sure, I'm thinking of changing my brand. I need all the help I can get. Thanks for sharing!!

Jennelle.....Do you have the T-cap testing at your school? The kids are wild at my school, guess all that time have to sit quietly. I never thought it could get worse, but the last 2 days have been unreal.

Guess we need to send out a search party for our lost Floozies!!! Come on back, you are missing all the fun!!

Hugs...Debbie

Last edited by DebbieA; 04-09-2003 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:46 PM   #37  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Debbie - We don't have the TCAP, but we do have the MCT, which is Mississippi's version of the TCAP. It takes two days and it's VERY regimented. I am not a big fan of standardized testing. They place far too much emphasis on it, especially in the lower grades. Do you know that the No Child Left Behind Act says that state testing has to determine whether or not a child will pass to the next grade? Can you imagine? What if a child just had a bad day? They don't pass to the next grade because they messed up one test? It's what we get for letting non-educators meddle in education.

Getting down off my
Old 04-09-2003, 10:47 PM   #38  

HOWDY!!!!!!

I'm STILL OP!!!! Today was day 24!!!!!! I'm also drinking nothing but WATER!!!! It's still a shock! I can't believe that I've got this long!!!!!!

Debbie......Sand In Crack!!!! OMG!! You are too funny!!!! LMAO!!!

Where is Titan.....Carol......Lisa......Vicki...........& Doni?????? Please come out where ever you are!! Are you playing hide & seek? Did you get skinny & leave us? PLEASE POST SOON!!!

Jennelle......Gayle.........Shelley.......Ramona.. ........Dee.......& Jeanne........you are doing great!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again for all your
love & support!!

Sherry
Old 04-10-2003, 12:05 AM   #39  
Losing it!

GOSH Sherry: You have made it almost a full month!!!! GREAT WORK!!!!!

Deb: This really is just like Atkins except I choose lower fat items to eat. So, pass on the bacon, but eat more chicken, eat F/F or low fat cheeses instead of full fat cheeses... Once into maintenance, just like Atkins, you can then have fruit and veggies. I do honestly feel better today then I have in the past month. Plus, no "starvin Marvins". I know that this can't be an on going/lifetime plan, but I needed something to jump start me, I was getting so frustrated! I am also remembering to take all of my vitamins.

Thank you for the info Shelley!!! Your the greatest!!! I would LOVE to be 117!!!!! And you thought you were fat!! Silly girl!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 12:15 AM   #40  
Losing it!

Friends:

Can you say a special prayer tonight for a few families here in Kansas? My cousins son was driving a van that rolled over. The passenger was thrown from the vehicle and died. My cousins son ended up with a broken ankle. The two boys are the same age as Liz, they all go to school together and are Seniors. The young man who lost his life was just weeks away from graduating...prom will be this weekend, I imagine it will be hard for all of our kids. Liz didn't even want to go ride out with the EMT's tonight, but I suggested maybe she could go and only ride out on the non-accident related calls. This is one of those times when you want to take the hurt away for your child, but you have no clue how to do so. Please say a prayer for the young man that lost his life and his family that must be suffering so much.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:18 AM   #41  

Gayle,
I'm so sorry to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone touched by this tragic event.

On the subject of school testing, in California the tests run for two weeks starting at the end of April. It used to be the Stanford 9's, this year they changed to the CAT (something or other). The teachers all get crazy at this time of year because they are trying to get all the materials covered that the kids haven't learned yet...it is very stressful! I don't think that they should put so much pressure on the teachers, schools or kids....what happened to learning for the joy of learning?

Shelley, I have no memory of weighing 117. I think I went from 80 to 130 lbs. in two weeks (around the time I grew 6 inches in one year. Yes, I was always the tallest in my class!) I also have some of my old Weight Watchers weight loss records but I always tossed the diet pamphlets because they always changed them every year.

So what was the craziest diet any of you have been on? Mine would have to be the Peel a pound soup diet. The soup was onions, peppers, tomatoes, seasoning, etc...all you could eat and then every day you just ate one or two things...I remember the banana day was pretty cool. I lost 10 lbs. in one week, but guess what? I probably gained it back in 2 days!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 05:09 AM   #42  

I think mine was that crazy pineapple diet. You only ate certain fruits. I'll have to dig that book up, too!!
Old 04-10-2003, 07:11 AM   #43  

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please go to #4..............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!
Closed Thread