Old 01-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #436  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a restful Sunday. We are finishing up grocery shopping and laundry.

I am feeling better today--my headache is FINALLY ALL gone.

We went to dinner with some friends last night and it was just a good time to get out, and laugh and talk and share good food. We had never been to the resturant before. I have not idea how many calories I might have eaten but I'm ok with it. I felt I ate a healthy portion of my food and enjoyed it.

While I want to try and stay with-in my daily calorie range I also want to get over this idea that there are good foods and bad foods. I want to think about am I getting good nurtrition to fuel this body so it can work the way it needs to work and to burn energy and can I look in the mirror and be happy.

I'm not there yet, but I'm going to be!

Jan 26, 2013
B=2 pancakes w/ syrup, 2 p of bacon, water
L=1/2 of a veggie yum yum sand (veggie cream cheese on a multigrain begal, cucumber slices, read onion, muster cheese slice), 1 serving sea salt potato chips (having crunchy, chips help me to only eat the recommend serving), 1 ice cream drum stick, water
D= Portabella mushroom "burger", seasoned fries, water, 1 scoop peanut butter ice cream
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #437  

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi Ladies.....it looks like you all have been "together" for awhile, mind if I join in? I'm working my way towards Onederland as well.
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #438  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a nice weekend. It was cold here all weekend but today will be in the 60's so I'm going to take the opportunity to go walking outside. My foot is still bothering me but with Aleve I am able to keep up some walking, I just have to take it easy. I weighed in this morning at 209.4 so to mark the occasion I changed my Avatar to reflect pounds lost. Onederland is getting closer!

Welcome Laura!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #439  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey My friends! I gained 9 pounds!! I'm back to 214.5, ok I'm beginng again today. I have some major issues going in my life right now causing me super stress I mean I am sooo stressed right now. But i need to get back on the wagon stress or not. (not about my husband its other stuff, long story and no time right now but wow Its out of nowhere and I was not prepared for this) Gonna eat right today, its rainy idk if I'll walk or not. Talk to you all soon.
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #440  
It is what it is...

Morning ladies ...hope you all had a good weekend...I was still sort of down with TOM and my eating wasnt the greatest...I did finally break down and have some cherry coke but not like I would have had back in the day, just one can.

Suppose to be 62 here tomorrow however a high of like 19 on Friday...this Winter has been so crazy with the back and forth...but I guess that's Indiana for you.

Victoria - sorry to hear about the stressful situation...hope it gets better asap...and you can get that gained weight right back off.

Susie - that is cool about knowing one of the guys on BLoser...and yes I am still watching it...glad to hear your migraine went away...I know that has to be the worst...

Dee - love the new pic...like Susie, I don't have a lot of hobbies...is cleaning one? lol ....I do love to read and go for walks....and photography, love to dabble in that too a little. Playing in the snow sounds like fun, hope you had a good time.

Hope you all have a great Monday...its rainy and cloudy here, but gonna be around 50...so if not raining when I get home I may take a long walk to think about what I have done, haha, kidding.

See ya later
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #441  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Girls it's my late Lunch-break today even though I'm self-employed I gotta keep on-schedule or I'd lose clients. Some days I forget to eat lunch cause I get soo involved in a order & the day flies bye & my hubby asks what I ate for lunch & I'm embarrassed to tell dh I forgot about food

Laura We're Happy to have U here w us. Hey, please share w us whatever gives U success & the stuff that didn't work for U because we r all about 'supporting each other' on this thread & learning things.

Alyssa, I'm happy that U r getting some relief w your foot pain & can do some gentle walking again, so nice that U have good weather today to walk outside. I would also b proud like U to have a Avatar reflecting '70 pounds lost', what a fantastic victory for U.

Susie, reading your menu w the portabella burger told me what I'm shopping for this week, I love grilled portabella's & sometimes I make them like a McD. Big-Mac burger. Great job w your '1 serving size' portions & sensible portions of All foods, that does Work to lose weight & keep-off the pounds when U r @ goal w/o dieting & counting cals TY for the thumbs-up on the Lake Michigan pic, clouds kept moving & dh was annoyed w the sea gulls begging him for snacks while he was trying to snap my pic. U really have a lot of 'self-control' when U eat out w your friends, I admire that a lot

Victoria, so sorry about the unexpected probs U r dealing w right now. I'm praying that it works in your favor, that U get the result that is best for your family. The only tip I have for U about your weight 'gain' is: U really Need to Have Slimming Foods in your 'Eyesight' & 'Prepped, Ready to eat' During problem times. This way instead of reaching for the chips/candy/cookies, U can eat a yummy banana/fruit/carrots, etc. setting on your kitchen counter, or in a dish setting in your livingroom, etc. & make a travel-bag w Slim foods to put in your car to eat from when driving, & eat your spaghetti, etc. on a dessert plate so if U eat 2 servings they will b smaller servings. We love U, please take care

Carri, hey cleaning is my exercise on winter days when the weather is yucky. We played outdoors all weekend & dh went ice-fishing yesterday, caught perch & a walleye, so grilled fish is for supper tonight It rained during the night & 1/2 of MI schools r closed today from the icey-roads. Got up to 45* @ noon & the snow is melting, so glad we had our last snow weekend to play. TY for liking my pic, I get a perm every 2 yrs so I can do a wash & go, w/o blow-drying it & I just go to the salon every 2 months for trims. We love Indy people here in MI, your peeps have lots of vacation homes here Congrats w having 1 can of soda instead of 2, everything is Ok in moderation. My dh makes a nightly ice-cream float/milkshake & call it his dairy/calcium as part of his snack... I've never tried photography, but it's a perfect hobby w creating memories, what r your cameras/lenses? Do U do portraits also?

Gotta get back to work now LeeAnne, Liz, Mel
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #442  
There I am!

Thank you DeeDee, appreciate it.

Alyssa
Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #443  

Hi Gals,

I had a little meltdown with the yesterday with my food. It wasn't horrible but I was HUNGRY and nothing I was eating was helping.

I also didn't get my workout in

Today I'm back to "normal" and moving ahead.

BL was pretty good last night. I know both Carri and I are watching it. Is there anyone else?

Dee: I laughed when you commented on my "self-control" when eating out with friends. I am a "closet eater" if I am going to eat out of control. I don't want anyone to watch me do that. I try to tell myself that "when I overeat in private my excess poundage is there for all the world to see". Yesterday when I had my meltdown with the food I made sure that I was doing it in front of someone so that they could see it--that was a little bit of control damage.

Carri: One cherry coke--just think of it like dessert that you had that day. Also, I remember when that one coke would have set you off on a binge, but it didn't...so you are wining this battle.

Victoria: I hope the stress lightens us soon. We are here for you.

Alyssa: How is your foot feeling?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #444  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies ....so tired today...having a hard time keeping my eyes open here....shouldve went to bed at a decent time...will try and do that tonight.

Dee - I have an old 1980's Canon that my Dad bought me when I was a freshman in high school, its totally manual everything and of course uses film but its so cool to use ...now dh wont touch it, he has all these new digital camera and high powered lenses, but I'm old school.

Susie - we all have those days...sometimes I have a day where no matter what I eat I don't feel like I've had anything, and those are the days that really get me in trouble...at least you still exercised right?

Speaking of BLoser, I don't care for the way they are doing the voting this year....I'm sure its for a reason , but I liked the old way around the table better...I'm not as in to it this year as in past years but I still watch it.

Hi to everyone else !!! Have a good day.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #445  
There I am!

Hey everyone! I was back up a pound on the scale this morning. I'm blaming it on TOM approaching. These next two weeks are always the worst weeks out of the month for me weight loss wise. Plus, I am still not quite regular even with my fiber supplements. I read that magnesium tablets can help, so I started taking some today that I had leftover from when I was on Ideal Protein.

My foot is still sore but I'm managing to get my walks in. I did about 6.4 miles yesterday (not at once) and today went for a walk this morning about 3.8 miles. It was 65 here this morning so I definitely wanted to take advantage of that before the cold front moves thru. Crazy midwest weather!

Alyssa
Old 01-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #446  

Hi Girls,

I didn't get to post my food earlier so here it is.

Monday,Jan 28, 2012
B=1 Special K ceral bar, water
L-Spinach salad with seasemee seeds and cranberries, 1 pack of club crackers, peaches, 8 vanillia wafers, water
D= (this is where I lost it!) 1 veggie buritto from Hot Head and yes I put sour cream on it.
Snack=1 chocolate chip cookie and 1 scoope of vanillia ice cream

No workout

I just got back from the Y and did a 1.5 mile walk and then 1 mile on the elliptical all in 55 min.

It was beautiful here in Ohio today--makes me want spring so badly....but I will wait the time..I'm working hard to stay OP with food and exercise so that this spring I'm at least 15-20 lbs lighter and when summer comes another 10 at least.

Carri: I hope you get to bed early. i will be doing that myself. I had to be at work today at 6:30 a.m. and worked until 5:30 p.m. I'm a bit tired. My plan is to get to 9:30 and then sleep until 5:30 a.m.

Alyssa: That is a LOT of walking! When I had TOM I had two weeks in my cycle that were very hard on me to lost any weight. I still exprience it but it is now only about 1 week...usually the 3rd week.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #447  
Sandee

Hi Girls,

This week I'm sewing shirt-dresses & yes, sun-dresses already my clients r ready for the warm weather & a few cruises coming up soon. Soo ladies, its time to get working daily w your goals to look: cute/sexy in your "New-Smaller-Slimmer" summer clothes {shorts/cropped pants/sun-dresses-swimsuits-sleeveless/halter tops}.

Susie did U read this months tops magazine yet, several good articles I always follow that years 'officers installation ceremony' for our club & also flower-centerpieces on all our round member's tables, in the church banquet room we rent. Do U have your kops ceremony planned, I know it will b beautiful

Carri, in the 1960's my dad gave me his camera, I was 11 yr & I still have it & treasure it, he died w a heart attack that year. Soo I love that U still have the camera your dad got U, 'old school' is like being sentimental/romantic/sensitive. Do U have a fav diabetic cookbook U use

Alyssa, I'm @ a loss for words, U walked 6.4 miles yesterday on a injured foot Not me. Take care not to over-do & make your injury worse, stress-fracture, etc.

Sounds like we all need to get 6-8 hrs of sleep to Empower our bodies. I'm watching the B. Loser & find it amazing that Bob still has all his team. But I wish they had more obese, kids/young teens on the show, peer pressure & bullying Is such a big problem in schools. I did my bus. taxes & bought a 46" Samsung Smart TV on sale $630 for our bedroom yesterday, to replace my old 32" tv. During the Superbowl, now I can go watch my new TV in my bedroom to cheer-on the S.F.49ers when the guys r screaming @ the familyroom TV. Who r U cheering to win the Superbowl, Ravens or 49ers ??
I'm baking desserts tomorrow for a couple of Superbowl parties. I need some tasters here for quality control so I don't add any pounds to my bod

G'd night girls I'll try to go to sleep @ 10/11pm instead of watching the news/Lettermen-Kimmel, but Nashville is on tonight too. I get up @ 4am-4:30 w dh & go back to sleep till 7:00 then start my work day schedule & work w my clients appointments coming after their job ends. I'll b hiring a new assistant for Easter through Christmas; I fired my last lady (34 yr married w 1 kid) for stealing from us just before Thanksgiving. If somebody needs anything all they need to do is, ask to borrow it, not steal it.

LeeAnne, Liz, Mel, Victoria

Last edited by miniDoodles; 01-30-2013 at 07:47 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #448  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Ladies, hope you are all having a good day….Mine has been so so, so far …I didn’t prepare well and forgot my breakfast, lunch, and snack for work so I’ve had to make do with what I had here and a bbq pulled pork sandwich ( minus top bun ), and I have been pretty hungry all day …almost cracked a couple of times and had something bad for me, but I haven’t !!! so far !!! haha

Any of you watching the Bachelor ? I think Dee does ….I just want a few of those girls gone…glad Amanda went but now we need rid of Tierra ….good Lord girl….she works my last nerve…

Dee – no I don’t use any diabetic cook books or recipes because most of them center around artificial sweetners which I won’t use…I mainly just watch my carbs and sugar intake…my annual numbers are always good…I keep things under control most of the time. We have a 46inch tv in our bedroom and its awesome…although we do spend too much time watching tv in there sometimes.

Susie – I did get to bed early and have been trying to do so the last two nights …I haven’t felt the best all this week , just due to my body trying to adjust I guess to eating better….I just keep going back and forth and my body doesn’t know what is up ….I have been good all this week though and am back down to 218….so gonna try and go nothing but down for now….so just gotta feel bad for a while I guess.

Hi to everybody ....have a great evening
Old 01-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #449  
There I am!

Hi ladies, been taking it easy with the foot. Did not walk at all yesterday hoping the soreness will get better. Not sure if I'm going to walk tonight or not.

Been stressed out since yesterday afternoon. My oldest has been getting picked on by these bullies at his school for a while now. Nothing is ever done to these kids. My child gets in trouble when he complains to the teacher about it and of course these kids collaborate with one another and say they are all innocent which the teacher believes. Mind you, these kids have parents who have "clout" around the school and town. Well things escalated yesterday and my child stood up for himself and shoved the kid back that had pushed him first, which he has never done. He gets sent home and the bully gets sent back to class with no detention or anything. We have spoken to the principal and teachers till we are blue in the face about this ongoing problem and nothing is ever done. It's like they're sweeping it under the rug and pretend that doesn't go on at their school. Well it does and I've had it! I'm ready to pull him out of that school.

Sorry about all that, had to vent.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:23 PM   #450  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Hi everyone sorry I'm not here more often it's not that I forget. I'm trying to get my fung shway on nights ( not happenin) I have to look for a day job. I am an early bird up early run me ragged let me be in the bed by 10pm. One good thing is I'm down to 196. I hope all is well & I will post more on my day off.

Many hugs to all
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote