Old 12-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #316  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyChoice2bfit View Post

Victoria: I made my miles yesterday! Knowing that I have the deadline of your wedding and that you are walking it too helps me to stay on track!

Awesome! You know I walked today because I know you're doing it too its extra motivation to have a partner in this

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyChoice2bfit View Post
I can hear your "talking" to yourself (and it matches the voice in my head); we emotional eaters have to do a lot of "self-talking". So now I hear my voice and your voice and Dee's voice in my head...and it is a good thing!
I feel the same exact way! Today I went to lunch at Friday's ( BAD CHOICE BTW) I could hear Dee saying "eat like a picky child " in my mind , It helped with the queso dip. I took a chip and broke tiny pieces off and dipped those instead of eating chip after chip . So Thankful for each of you girls.

Prolly gonna gain again from eating at friday's , I told my girlfriend. Pick a place I can eat grilled chicken salad..she said fridays I said ok I got there and the salads were more than 750 cals **what in the world??

She is my anti diet friend. Needless to say I will be pickin the restaurants from now on. lol
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #317  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone scale said 201 yesterday. Even though I'm not where I want to be I'm not gaining a crazy amount. -1 + 1-1+1 & so on & so forth. Food is not my thing when I'm upset /worried / stressed. I'm really doing good in that dept too for some reason maybe it will hit me when the VERY LAST day nears & I still don't have a job. Dec 25th is my last day in the NICU & Jan 30th is the last day in the "relocation pool"

THANKS for your love & support I'm still pluggin along & hope you are too DONT EVER GIVE UP !

Susie : I got your message Thanks
Carri : cute puppy hope he heals quick I know it's stressfull
Dee : send me some SNOW girl !

Hello to all the new people & WELCOME !

Type A here too & OCD former-military (not as bad as I use to be BUT don't ask my family)

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 12-15-2012 at 10:46 AM.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #318  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! The weekend is flying by! I have a lot to do today after church, but one thing I'm doing for sure is taking a nap!

I just balanced my checkbook Christmas is hard on the ole checkbook! It's ok...we have all the bills paid, food in the house and gas in the cars. I just don't like it when I feel things are tight, but we all face this from time to time...unless we have won the lottery!

I got my blood works results back and my numbers looked good except my Vit D. It was low, just like my doctor thought. So I am now taking a supplement for that.

Dee: You are always talking about us winning the lottery...that would be so much fun! How are you going? Is your snow still on the ground?

It has been in the upper 50's in Ohio this weekend...crazy weather. I love to watch the snow if I don't have to go out in it. If it would just snow on the weekens when I don't have to commute to work that would be ok.

Carri: How is Les? and how are you? Have your headaches subsided?

Victoria: You did great with the chips and queso. Some salads can pack a lot of calories that is for sure! I will say, I think having a salad even if it is high in calories is better than eating a cheesburger or something like that. At least it has veggies.

I got my miles in yesterday; today will be a off day for me and I will start on it again tomorrow. It's fun walking with you!

LeeAnne: Sorry those scales went up a bit....they will come back down. Just try and stay focused as much as you can. It is tough when we are used to a regular job and then suddenly we find out we will be without one and thinking about starting over.

A friend of mine sent me something yesterday that said that the words "do not fear" are mentioned 365 times in the bible---a year is 365 days..I think He said those words on purpose.....He has us covered EVERY day. I hope that lifts your heart this morning.

Hi Shiv and Misti!

Ok...got to go eat breakfast and get ready for church. Have a great day everyone!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #319  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the greetings! Checking in to read all your posts; that is about all I can handle timewise lately!

Hang in there
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #320  
Sandee

Merry Christmas Girls It sure is coming quickly, way too fast for us, w many things we have to do yet.

Hey Carri & Les, I hope U r doing better it's been a rough few weeks @ your home. I know your food struggles, I've been there & I don't like myself when I fail, so I made myself write a goal plan & added wkly rewards when I maintain my weight. I know it will happen for U Carri, U will Not give-up after what U accomplished last summer; U were Awesome w your swim-routine & eating. When U get tired of working your butt-off to lose those same pounds & going backwards; the little Carri will start fighting to b back again. "The Choice Is Yours", they say @ tops club. Write your plan & start your Indy Race, 'Carri is In the drivers seat ', I know U can match what U did in the summer, plus more. We r here to help & so many sites r helpful like WW, etc. Carri, I see U wearing a size 12 next Christmas if thats what U want

Victoria, TY for sharing your program w us, I hope it keeps working for U & is healthy for your age. Eating out is crazy I agree, my fav fastfood is Subway getting breakfast w egg-white & loading it w veggies & no dressing, anytime of the day or getting a small Wendy's chili. Anyways U know how to eat/exercise & I Am Proud of U becoming healthy for U & for your beautiful girls & new hubby; to stop gaining that fat that kills people daily. It's so fabulous that U make most of your foods U eat & teaching your girls their natural flavors & how-to cook. Choose a size & go for it because U r young it will happen easily for U. I wear size 9 jeans & size 12 tops, size M @ 143 lbs. U can get there too & b a happy clothes shopper next Christmas 2013, new clothes for U w Christmas sales @ 50%-70% off. Hey, check wonton wrappers & see if they fit into your diet program, U could fill them w yummy protein/veggies & oven-fry them, or maybe make bread w rice/potato flour?

LeeAnne my snow melted yesterday when it was 50* & rained, now it's mud everywhere. Great Work on maintaining that 1 lb up-down, because I can gain more than that when I stress eat. Sometimes when we go through bad times, much better things r waiting for us in the future & being self-employed I never know what will happen w my income next week. We're living in such a unstable economy, that our experience & self-confidence doesn't mean anything to companies & hospitals r the same We'll get through the hard times okay, it's in His Word, give all your worries to the Lord U wouldn't believe some of the silly things I chat to Him about, He Is so Amazing. Better days r around the corner for all of us

Susan Wow another weekly -3 pound victory That's 9 or 12 pounds straight? Your Vita D is low, I'd make that a snack challenge to eat Vita D snacks & avoid the silly-bad foods. How is your knee doing w the crazy weather changes we r having? U r lucky to have a local indoor track to walk-on, my local indoor-walking r the school hallways during the winter. How is your 5K buddy doing, is she @ her weight or is she in tops also? How is John doing w his cardio eating plan, most men have probs continuing a new nutrition eating style. Oh, I only buy 1/$2 mega-lottery ticket weekly & nothing yet Dh is on 1 hr daily overtime for 2 months & waking up w him @ 4am instead of 5am has screwed my body-clock up & I'm hungry @ 6am now I have a snack & then eat again @ 9am....Now I have a new challenge for myself to stop that. Susie I feel U will b wearing a size 14 for Christmas 2013, w Good Losses continuing for U through 2013, sooo keep-on track, OP like the past 3 weeks w 2 lb or 3 lb weekly losses, U can Do this.....

Hi Mel & Shiv Hope U r having a good weekend!

Saturday was crazy-busy. I finished a food order for our Amish neighbors that buy my homemade spinach/cheese tortellini & my veggie ravioli dough. Funny my baking is healthier than theirs, since they make most food from scratch; but they use lots of shortening, lard, gluten, white sugar, salt, baking & I don't. Most of my sugar is natural honey & fresh/frozen fruits, that I blend & I only use natural whole grain, veggie flours/rice/potato, buckwheat, etc. I haven't bought bread products since 1990 when my sons got me my 1st bread machine for Mother's Day & I began buying my grains from a Amish grocer & did artisenal baking to destress from my office job & probs. Tomorrow I finish painting a client's wall mural for a child's room & instead of $pay I chose to trade them for a cashmere Alpaca brimmed hat, mittens & infinity scarf, they r Alpaca breeders & I chose my colors & style & they sent my order to their knitter. I rarely do client paintings anymore, but this is my 2012 Christmas gift to myself & I am so looking forwards to wearing it.

I hope everyone is doing Wonderful w your foods & will have a Great New week OP Let's keep-on motivating each other, during the holidays Going to bed late tonight, I had to stay-up & watch tv, the Survivor finale'

DeeDee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #321  

Hello. I found myself scouting for some chocolate because I am seeking something to comfort me today. I feel stressed. So much to do as the holiday is almost here. I need to wrap, clean, cook for family carry-ins and you know it's Christmas so money is a bit tight at times.

So, instead of continuing to scott for chocolate here at work, I decided to take some time to come here and read some posts and then post myself.

I'm already feeling better while I type.

Dee: Your hat, scarf and mittens sound so nice! We have a alpaca farm very near me and they have a "store" there. I haven't been..I'm afraid I would want something!!

My indoor track at work is not really a track, but rather a path they mapped out in the hallways but it works and I"m glad it is here. I used to work in another building that had a full workout facility and I miss it. At the Y were I workout with my walking partner on Tuesdays, we have a indoor track. It is above the gym--we can watch the guys play basketball

My knee is feeling pretty good. It will swell if I am on it a bit more than usual but the cortozone shot has helped with the pain.

You asked about DH's eating for his cardio plan. He didn't have to change his eating habits for the AFib issue. It wasn't a heart issue per say where he had blockages but rather a electrical issue and since they did the cardioversion he is in rhytm and so it is all back to normal. I did talk to him about his heart and the fact that having a strong heart is important, in case he would have AFib again (they think he might have gotten it from being dehydrated at some point--that can do it sometimes. His heart showed nothing wrong with it structually or any blockages so they aren't sure why he had the AFib)' having a strong, clean heart is important for everyone so he is trying to keep his fats limited.

I would love to be a size 14..I looked HOT when I was a size 14....Thanks for helping me to picture it.

Ok..I think I'm back on level ground now and I can go on without the chocolate. I am so glad this board and all of you are HERE!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #322  
Fitness Lifestyle Coach

S/C/G: 210/150/130

Height: 5'2

Default Brand New to site

Hi All,

I have just joined today - I have 20 pounds to lose and am looking forward to the support that this website offers.
passion2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #323  
~Tori~

Hi Ladies! I went crazy when I saw 207 back on that scale, I did the same thing I always do . ate chinese, mexican, red lobster, chocolates and plenty of breaddd. Needless to say I gained my water weight again. I'm learning how my body works by frequenting the scale after a bad day or weekend I'm learning I can bounce back from this if I see where I am I can find my horse and jump back on.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #324  
It is what it is...

Morning ladies …sorry I have been a little MIA but everyone I try and get on here lately the site freezes …so I just close it and move on …haha

Not much going on here …same old same old …just gonna kind of sale thru the holidays and then do my usual start back after Christmas ..it is what it is and it’s only a another week or so ….like I said I am not going totally crazy, just not counting calories and having my one a day soda.

I am super excited though to hear that so many of you are doing great …

For those who have asked ( and thank you ) Les is doing really well …since he can’t actually get to the stitches with that backwards cone on it is actually healing well…this morning he went to have it looked at and cleaned up some and they said it is healing nicely and no longer infected, so that makes us feel good…he will have the cone on probably another few days though to let it completely heal and then he gets the stitches out two days after Christmas…

Dee – thank you for all your kind words and encouragement …a size 12 would be awesome…I originally started out as a size 6 …so I would like to be at a size 8 by next Christmas so I have a whole year …here’s to hoping, lol ………….I also can’t wait for Summer when I can get back into the pool, that really seemed to help me quite a bit …how is dh doing? Any updates?

Susie – I can totally see you getting to a size 14 and looking HOT as you say, haha ….completely do-able for you …

Spunky – 201 ? Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like you may get into Onederland for Christmas…I hope you can find a job ASAP and that it doesn’t ruin your holidays…try to stay positive ( easier said that done I know ) …p.s. I am also OCD and type A, so I understand ya !

Victoria – Good job at Fridays….Dee does have a lot of helpful ideas …stick with it though you are doing an awesome job, can’t wait to see some wedding pics later.

Hi Mel – Hope you are feeling better. Hugs

Sorry I have not been a real good example of losing weight lately ( or even maintaining ) like I was …I too have my struggles and am trying to work thru them, but I’ll get there …thanks for all your support Ladies.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #325  
Sandee

Hello Girls

It's snowing we're supposed to get 4" of snow by Friday, w a chance of rain. Cold temps w it, so looks like we may have a White Christmas! Who knows how many snow days we'll have, it warms-up & rains & melts...Winter snow days keep getting shorter, but the cold temps & winds linger. I hate the rain, it turns to ice & the underground power-lines seem to freeze & we loose electric. I'm watching the Voice finale' right now; Smoky Robinson is singing

passion2bfit Soo happy U r here w us! We hope U can stop bye often

Susie, it was so nice to see U come here when U had a craving instead of buying that candy bar. I'm happy for U that your hubby's fine, I just remembered how worried U were last summer & hoped that he is 'still doing well'. I'm glad that your knee has been feeling good I hope your eating lots of protein & fiber/veggies & w yummy hot soup & sipping hot tea, etc. to fix your cravings on these cold winter days. U r such a Wonder-Woman, look @ Each of your weeks of Steady~Successful Losses

Carri, I have a lot of faith in U & I'm gonna remind U of the 'tiger' you've shown us U r; when U want something U go after it like U did in the summer I'm so proud of U for keeping the soda @ 1 daily! Baby steps w the holiday foods... Hmm I think I'll eat baby-bites on small plates & trick my mind & tummy

Okay Susie & Carri, my seeing U smaller @ Christmas 2013 is real. Susie, U & me r both 'busty/top' so that's why I think a size 14-16 for your height of 5'7" will look gorgeous on U, curvy & hot like U said Carri, we r the same height but it's hard to hit a low weight & maintain it right away, that's why I said size 10-12 because it is do-able, a maintainable weight. I'm positive U can b a size 8/small again if U r strict daily w your eating to stay OP, but the year I've known U, we r both foodies so I was being real w U & wearing a size medium is wonderful, trust me I like it.

Victoria, I hope your stress-eating is gone now. Have U tried getting all the temptations out of your home & keeping mostly your program foods for your family & U available to eat, or eating 1/2 portion size or a taste from your no-no list? Can U modify your no-no list w substituting a healthy ingredient w a bad in the recipe? I'm sending U good thoughts as U go through the holidays & prepare for your wedding

Mel & LeeAnne we Miss U & hope U r doing well.

~ With Christmas Blessings ~ DeeDee
Old 12-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #326  
Sandee

Hi Girls

Just wanted to wish 'everyone' a "Happy and Safe Holiday". Snow began blasting us @ 2am & we got 6", but now it's a mix of rain w snow & high winds Our lights have flashed several times this morning, so that means the eletric-substations or underground lines r being affected from the icey mix coming down. I'm just worried about our son Scott, driving from Milwaukee, WI tomorrow coming home for Christmas & his 6 hour drive thru the storm getting here safely I have a 30 minute drive tomorrow w 4 hr of shopping to finish. So anyways, I'm adding you'all & your families to my prayers for tonight-thru Christmas for 'traveling safety'. Nothing worse/more scary than being in a wreck in a nasty ice or snow storms & cold temps waiting for help & hurting our family-time together.

Because of the weather, I didn't have a WI or will have a meeting over Christmas week, so I'll have to b strict w eating 1 serving size & not 2 so I stay @ my goal. This afternoon I'm sewing myself jeans, I found some really cute paisley corduroy fabric & prob a solid vest to match or a blazer. I live in corduroy jeans & fleece all winter, I sew fleece & corduroy dresses to stay cozy @ church, etc w my tall boots. Someday I'm going to try crocheting; 'who' sews & crochets here??? I'll prob ask for hints from U when I start to crochet

Merry Christmas! DeeDee
Old 12-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #327  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Girls, just got back from our work holiday lunch …we went to an Italian place …it was okay…don’t know that I would go there again, but maybe….we all had a good time though and that was more important than the food.

Can’t believe I pretty much have all my Christmas shopping done…need to get dh a couple more little items for his stocking but that is it ..

Dee – it has rained pretty hard all morning here but it is supposed to turn over to snow this evening and get REALLY cold …right now it is almost 50 but tomorrow only a high of 30, brrrrrrrr, and snow ….be nice if it would stay here for Christmas so we could have a white one….but I’m sure it won't stick around that long …your’s might though, that was quite a bit …I will be praying that Scott has safe travels to you.
Also I LOVE cords …so comfortable…my Mom knits and crochet’s a lot but I haven’t done any of it …I probably should pick it up, give me something to do this Winter besides sit on my butt and watch tv, lol …

I keep thinking today is Friday ( wishful thinking ) and that I can sleep in tomorrow…but alas, no ….haha ….I wish, gonna be hard to get up and get going when it is only going to be in the 20’s out ….gonna be hard to get out of my warm bed, that’s for sure…

Hi Mel, Victoria, Susie, Lee Ann, and any lurkers …hope you all are having a great day !!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #328  

Hi Everyone! Sorry to be MIA but I had a migraine hit me after I posted the other day and I'm still dealing with a little bit of it. This wind and rain we are having isn't helping.

We had our TOPS Christmas party tonight and we didn't weigh-in, but will have our weigh-in next week. My scales tell me that I would have stayed the same this week. I'm not surprised. I only have gotten in about 3 days of walking and I have had a lot of lunches out--meeting work friends from another site and exchanging small gifts.

I have to work 4 hrs tomorrow morning and I'm doing it from home (so greatful I can work from home sometimes) and then I"m off until Jan 2.

We are supposed to have some bad weather in the morning with snow. I hope not...my DH still has to make the commute.

WELCOME to Passion2bfit--I like your "name"...very close to mine!

Carri: Bundle up tomorrow as you head into work!

Dee: I am excited about your "vision" of me....I'm going to make it a reality next year..oh yes I am. I was given a lot of gift cards from the people I support and I have made a decision that I am not spending them until spring when I buy a cute outfit that will be a size 18 or 16. I'm a 20 now and NEXT Christmas my DH will shop for 12/14 for me.

I LOVE corduroy fabric and I wear a lot of it in pants in the winter. You are so talented with all your cookie and sewing and such. I have thought about trying to learn to crochet. Maybe I will have to look into it.

I hope that your son arrives safely. I will keep his travels in my prayers.

LeeAnne: Are you out there? We miss you!

Mel: I saw you say on FB that you were feeling under the weather. Are you feeling better? I hope so!

Veronica: How are you doing with the miles/steps? That wedding is right around the corner! Don't let that one set back get to you. I think that maybe when you get to 207 the next time you need to tell yourself that you are only going to concentrate on keeping it there for the next week or two. It seems to be a "set point" with you and you need just embrace it and then move past it..but you dont' have to do it at the same time. I think your body KNOWS that is a set point for you and it is fighting you, so fight back but in a way that allows your body to embrace it so you won't keep yo-yoing there.

Misti: Saw you pop in. It is a busy time for everyone that is for sure!

Ok...I'm going to get my makeup washed off and my nightgown on and I'm about to head to bed.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #329  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody

Just checking in and doing some reading. Sending lots of cheers you way for success in your weight loss journey!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #330  
~Tori~

Good Morning Gals, I havent' been checking in for two reasons. I was really sad to see the scale jump back to 212, I was determined to get it all off and when I use the computer I tend to linger and "christmas shop" online, then facebook, then email then whatever else and I waste way too much time. I Got to 206 this morning , Thank God I really needed that because yesterday I was having a great day and then out of nowhere I came down with a terrible cold. Headache, face hurts body pain, achy tired , runny , stuffy you name it. I have never had a cold come on so quickly and I was really sad , because I'm celebrating christmas eve with my older girls tonight and christmas tomorrow as for the actual christmas eve and day they will be at my ex husband's place. I got everything they asked for and I'm so happy to be able to do that for the first time . I have a really bad case of the wedding procrastinations...I need to mail out my invites asap or noone will come lol my wedding is in less than a month. what the heck have i done!! its ok mostly family is coming so they all know to come I'll just have them rsvp by phone to save time. I'm really hoping to be out of the 200's by the wedding N I think if I will just stop slipping I will get there..

Dee- I want to take up crocheting after my wedding. Should be fun and relaxing,,(maybe ) I have two visions of myself crocheting . in one vision I'm in a chair smiling and relaxed, my other is I'm throwing my supplies around because i have a lopsided blanket or I can't figure something out..

Carri-Im glad your dog is doing better I know how bad you must've felt for your little baby.

Susie- I"m a tad behind on my miles I didnt' do my 3 miles yesterday I was soo busy shopping thuen my cold hit that i just wasnt up to it, but I have decided today that I will not let this cold keep me from what I set out to do. So I will catch up , sick or not.

Misti- Glad to see you're doing good

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and God blesses your families.

I'm getting down to the wire on my wedding planning so i won't be here as much for a bit but still checking in after the wedding I'll be back full force We're only going away for a day or two right after the wedding but we'll have our real honeymoon in the summer. We're going to new york or tennesee wherever we go I hope to be able to wear shorts and look ok in them talk to you all soon!!