Old 12-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #286  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Hello ladies,

I'm back down to 200 was up to 203 lowest was 197. I got some bad news yesterday. As of Dec 30th won't have a job in the NICU they will put us (4 others) on "relocation status".

We are not in the budget for 2013' boooooo ! As of Jan 1st we'll go in a float pool until Jan 30th. After that if we don't have a job they will bid us bye bye & a small severence pkg.

I will hold my head high (I balled like a baby @ 1st) & carry & REFUSE to shove my face full of food.

Love you all & I don't mean to be a downer

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 12-07-2012 at 10:13 PM.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #287  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks for the welcomes! It is nice to be on the express!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #288  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

@ Susie- 3 lbs again! Congrats , yes that is awesome! What did you do all week , maybe I can try that

@ Spunk- I'm sorry to hear about your job I know you must feel awful, pray about it ,and I will pray too. Everything will work out even if you don't stay there you will be fine. Remember that.

@ Carri- how's your pup feeling?

@ Everyone- I hope you're having a great holiday with your families and keeping warm and happy

Well Yesterday I weighed in at 210.5 which was pretty good I thought for bombing it at mexican. , I told myself I would be a diet saint so I can be happy on Monday's weigh in. I walked yesterday two miles , did good for bfast, then I got a salad from wendy's and I ordered the wrong one it came w fried chicken instead of grilled , i was too lazy to go back but I learned my lesson..then at night of course i didnt plan and i ended up eating my leftovers from mexican, and chips and salsa and choc cake and cornbread..not a lot but more than I'm supposed to i'm sure. It was my girlfriend's bday last night so after I ate we met for bowling and drinks, I drank water, then we went to outback steak house where I also just drank water, My friends were like oh you already messed up today you might as well. but I remembered somewhere I read you might as well not . if you've already messed up your diet drink water and move on. I"m really proud I managed last night but wish i didnt have my diet blunder for dinner.

How are each of you handling your social lives while trying to lose ??
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #289  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeriloos View Post
My friends were like oh you already messed up today you might as well. but I remembered somewhere I read you might as well not . if you've already messed up your diet drink water and move on. I"m really proud I managed last night but wish i didnt have my diet blunder for dinner.

How are each of you handling your social lives while trying to lose ??
I like this "might as well not." Good one!

As for handling my social life, I am fortunate in that most of my friends are either also trying to watch their weight OR are considerate of those who are, so if there are meals there is usually healthful stuff. But if not I will make sure I eat a salad or something beforehand and then just eat very small portions.

But I am not on a "diet" but just eating healthful foods so there are not things I am not "allowed" and I don't have to count anything so that makes it easier to manage.

I just flat out do not eat the stuff or if I do, in tiny portions.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #290  

Height: 5'7"

Hi. Getting ready to get out of this house and do some Christmas shopping. My plan is to be done by next weekend and I think I will make it.

Then I have to start wrapping! I also need to go to the post office this week and mail some packages.

Victoria: I can do 3.33 miles 5 days a week and I will start today. I can get that in in about 1 hr and 15 min on the treadmill, or eliptical or bike. Ok..here we go! This is so fun! So your wedding date is Jan 11?

Good for you for not throwing caution to the wind and just eating overboard. Stay focused.

Your asked about what I did to loss the 3 lbs and I just stayed near the top of my daily calorie range--I log my food on a app I have on my phone and doing 1 hr of exercise 5 days a week. I also have been skipping soda most of the time. I think I had 1 last week.

As for the social eating, if I know I'm going out with friends, I keep my other meals light in calories but higher in fiber so I don't feel hungry and then I can sort of "bank" calories for the social meal.

Dee has said: If you bite it, you write it and so that is what I"m trying to to with putting it into my app so I can see what I had.

Misti: Dee is like you, she eats anything she wants and doesn't count, she just eats small portions.

LeeAnn: It is such a horrible thing to be told you won't have a job. I think other than hearing your have cancer or someone you loved died, it is the next most scary thing to hear and deal with.

I'm a faithfilled person and I believe in prayer and also I find comfort in reading my bible. I will pray for you and if you would like some verses that I have clinged to in times of trouble, let me know and I'll send them to you here via PM.

Hi Dee and Carri!

Ok..I've got to get moving.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #291  
Sandee

Merry Christmas Girls We woke up to 6" of snow & it's beautiful & looks like Christmas Friday I was wearing a hoody shopping, it was 60* & today it's in the 30's w snow

Misti WELCOME it's awesome to have U with us & congratulations on taking control of your health. It's sad that we lose control of ourselves & put on weight that causes problems. We look forwards to learning new things from U as we help each other w our weight struggles & successes it's wonderful that U have supportive friends w similar life goals.

LeeAnne U r in my prayers that they understand that U r a asset & hopefully keep ALL of U working somewhere in the hospital. U r doing Great w your weight, I am very Proud of U Maybe U can shift your worry about your job status, to doing a sport or a hobby U enjoy that U haven't given yourself time for, so spoil yourself being busy. Remember how hard you've worked to b healthy & slimmer. Junk food IS junk, So everyone should only eat 1 serving of junk food @ a sitting & get busy & burn-off those cals/fat before U eat a 2nd serving size of munchies. U will b okay, everyday is new & we don't know what is around the next corner. We r also your family, so vent here as much as U need.

Carri, how is Les doing? I know he is your child & that U hurt when he hurts & I prayed for him. I hope your bronchitis is almost gone now. Omg cheesy Pringles, I'm w U but I buy the low-fat & dill pickle Pringles & scoop on sloppy joe (burger or bbq pulled-pork) or cottage cheese, Quaker has a yummy rice-cake 'white cheddar' I eat appetizers as a meal serving. U & Victoria spoke about Mexican food, their 'spicy-hot' soup can kick the flu & a cold right outa ya, just like a 'spicy-hot' Asian soup does. I love everything U wrote U eat & I eat salsa & salsa verde w fat-free sour cream weekly & fat-free refried beans on chips I make using high-fiber tortillas & season w chili powder or drizzle margarine & sprinkle on sugar & cinnamon, or melt a few choc. chips & drizzle on the chips for a instant snack when I crave chips. Put ground flax seed in a container & sprinkle it on food daily.

Having a healthy weight Is all about making good choices, especially when socializing. Drink wine or SkinnyGirl drinks made w agave' sweetener in the Cosmo, Margarita & Pina Colada, w under 100 cal's per glass. Gotta take a cheese ball to a party, use white cheeses lower in fat/cal's, try subbing baby peas for 1/4 of your avacado in guacamole', don't add salt during cooking instead add it @ the end of your cooking, put kosher salt in your shaker instead of iodized, don't eat pie-crust/cheese-cake crust, etc. My kitchen is large w a 4'x8' island where everyone helps w food prep & guests bring a food item & we invent recipes playing w our food like kids do. I read a scary pamphlet @ my dentist about soda/pop & how it eats the enamel off our teeth making them thin & breaking & what it does to our bones, so now I have just 1 pop/soda weekly when I do my shopping, I like having my real teeth

Victoria, on your being in control when your friends pressured U to eat w them. U moved on from eating silly-bad & r back OP & thats all that matters now. Peer pressure is the worst thing to face, but U can always 'eat like a fussy child' remember how kids pick @ their food & leave something on their plate. Leave 3 bites on your plate to remind U that U r in charge of your life, not the food. Eat only your pie filling & put the leftover crust in a bowl & let the crust harden, & give it to your doggy or the birds/animals, it's not harmfull like the dead things they eat off the ground. Eat your fast-food burger bun topless, etc. If a friend asks U just tell them U r banking your calories for a different meal.

Oh Susie, "Thank You", for thanking me, 'I do have faith in U' & I respect U. So it was easy for me to ask U to 'repeat your 3 pound loss week'. U r a typeA & a WonderWoman & fun & my Christian sister in the same package. So U just gotta use those attributes of yours & put U into a slimmer package to live a healthy, long life w your dh. We know how our men r w/o us, so if we r messed up, it also affects our loved ones & they hurt along w us. Since we met here over a year ago we've shared a lot of happy & sad moments. I was here for a few months before Arabella, Liz & Mel left, I never got to know Auntie G. I know if U & Carri leave I'd stay in touch even though I am not a fan of FB. Um, dh & I both r having health problems & we need prayer, so I would also like the scripture chapter/verses that U offered LeeAnne. There r just too many medical errors happening. Susie U r on track to reach your goal & I know U will reach all of your 2013 goals

Carri r U going to give us another 'yes-yes' & 'no-no' this week, for our December challenge now that U r recovering?

Mel, Debbie, Liz, Arabella & you'all who were here briefly,

Got any 'Healthy Food Gifts ' that U make or buy, please post them here this week, TY. Share some of your healthy cooking tips so we can keep learning & remind us of some we did before

What's your 10 fav, non-electric kitchen/cooking hand-gadgets U use weekly? Some of mine r: 1.graters for cheese, nutmeg, ginger, etc. 2.pepper mills. 3.olive oil mister. 4.whips. 5.pastry bags w tips for desserts to stuffing pasta shells. 6.folding mesh colander/steamer baskets 7.silicone covered tongs 8.kitchen scissors 9.pastry dough-wheel 10.mandoline slicer/shredder. Share your list of 10, For our own kitchen ideas, or to give inexpensive Gifts to a new cook that U know this Christmas or buy & donate to those who have gone through a hardship like Hurricane Sandy replenishing their kitchens.

With Christmas Blessings to All, DeeDee

Last edited by miniDoodles; 12-09-2012 at 07:41 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #292  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Thanks everyone I really appreciate your love & support I don't want this to become the" Lee Anne board"

Welcome Misti !
Carri - how is your puppy ?
Dee - send me some snow ...you can keep the ice though

Any amount of prayers,scripture & support or words of advice is TOTALY appreciated. I have an interview today @ 0900 so I'll sparkle myself up dust myself off & pretend like I'm talking to a friend in a casual conversation. It's how I get through an interv without being nervous.

Haven't done too too much damage eating wise trying to stay on plan. I can't really eat a whole lot feeling like this ...love you ladies

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 12-10-2012 at 05:22 AM.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #293  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyChoice2bfit View Post
Misti: Dee is like you, she eats anything she wants and doesn't count, she just eats small portions.
Did I give the impression I do this? LOL Not at ALL!! I have totally changed my way of eating. As much as possible, I eat organic, whole fresh foods -- lots of fruits and veggies, and small amounts of other things. I live a block from Safeway but drive 7 miles to a natural foods community co-op market.

I eat almost NO processed foods... you couldn't pay me to touch a Lean Cuisine, etc.... I won't even eat bread off the store shelves but drive to a Great Harvest Baker and get fresh, whole grain bread. And as little as possible of anything containing any GMO tainted products, or stuff filled with chemicals, sugar or fake sugar, and salt. No fast food. Certainly not "anything I want" although the more I study how processed foods are made and what is in them, the less I want of of them. I even changed my brand of cottage cheese when I studied the ingredients and found out my old brand was full of corn products (almost assuredly GMO tainted ones, since most of the corn grown in the USA is). I will very occasionally have a tiny piece of cake or one cookie, etc, if I am at a social gathering with friends, but that's it. I won't even eat unhealthful stuff at times like Thanksgiving and Christmas. I've gone from drinking multiple cups of coffee a day... I was hardly ever without it... to having it once or twice a week -- at church or at a friend's house. I don't even buy it any more to make at home. I never drink soft drinks, seldom eat anything sweet and do not touch fake sugar. I don't own a salt shaker. I gag down a horrid tasting -- but very healthful according to my doctor -- nutritional supplement, almost every morning.

I have become a huge fan of Michael Pollan and studied his videos and books, and agree with him. I have pretty much adopted his "Food Rules" for eating.

Oh and my lab work is great and my blood pressure has gone down into the normal range, which I have been working for years to get it to do... unsuccessfully until now. My doctor, chiro and a lot of friends have commented on my improved complexion. Even my hair is softer and shinier. And I FEEL better than I have in years and have tons more energy.

Just to clarify. I most certainly do not "eat anything I want" LOL How on earth did I give that impression? And I should add that I have never eaten more delicious food in my life! Once the cravings have gone from all the addictive substances in processed stuff and fast food... and I am getting actual nutrients in my food... I no longer crave all that stuff.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 12-10-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #294  
~Tori~

Lee anne- good luck at your interview today !

Susie- the date is january 19th

Dee- I absolutely love reading your posts! I will also keep you and your dh in my prayers for health.

I weighed in yesterday at 210.5 tried to do good all day while visiting friends until last night before bed. I always do this! before bed darnit. Im gonna go check my weight this morning then come back and get ready for my walk hopefully i have a loss this week again I'm ready to get into the 1's soo bad

Ok girls I'll let you know how the weigh in goes . Have a great day anad make good choices
Old 12-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #295  
It is what it is...

Evening Girls….it’s been a long day for me here at work …I am feeling better but still not back to my old self quite yet, still coughing up chest congestion, ughhhh …TMI I know …

Les is doing better, however the wound is fairly large and seepy thru the stitches ( boy I am full of gross details today haha ) and now he is trying to scratch it and get at it….and we can’t use a cone because the wound is right on the neck line, so we are trying to yell at him when he does it, but we will see…pain meds seem to be helping him quite a bit, that first day he came home he just whined and moaned and laid around, made me feel terrible or him.
Thanks everyone for asking about him, he is a dog, but he is more like my kid since I don’t have any human ones, haha

Susie – Girl you are SO impressing me …another 3 lbs? You are ROCKIN it !!!! Great job !!! How did the Christmas shopping go? I got most of mine done over the weekend and today, just a few more things to buy.

Dee – thanks for the food advice with the Mexican stuff, it is my weakness…well that and Chinese…I have been interested in flax seed too, someone once told me it was very good for you …Thanks for praying for Les, that was very sweet of you.
So jealous of you getting all that snow…send some down here !!!! At least for Christmas
Speaking of challenges, I need to be in one, I have now gained back about 12lbs and am quite depressed…I am in a shame spiral with food…

Lee Anne – SO sorry to hear about your job…I know that is always hard, has happened to me in the past ….I wish you a lot of luck on the interview. Hugs.

Victoria – that is how I always roll, if I have a bad lunch I say screw it and eat like a pig the rest of the day ( I really do have some major food issues ), but truly you should just go right back on plan and eat right the rest of the day, I know easier said than done…but you are doing such a great job and you have such a great motivator with the wedding coming.

Misti – Welcome …I too won’t eat the bread at the store…we have a bread shop here in town and the bread I get there has like 5-6 ingredients and I know them all, all natural…my ultimate goal in 2013 is to not eat anything processed , but don’t know if I will make it …your way of eating sounds so good for you…I will have to look into the books by Michael Pollan.

What a long day at work – did I already say that ? haha …and I have heart burn, had Steak n Shake chili at lunch …boy am I regretting that one…

Have a good night Ladies !!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #296  

Hello everyone. Just checking in before I go get dinner.

Satine, just wanted to say that Michael Pollan has a lot of full length free videos on YouTube. That is how I got acquainted with his stuff. Quite an eye opener.

Yes, we are fortunate to live near good bakeries.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #297  
~Tori~

Carri- Good to hear you're nearly back to your old self. You could join our walking challenge and we can motivate eachother
I am doing great for bfast and I have a 3 mile walk to do today but the humidity is 93% i hope I can stay dry.

I remember as a kid waking up and my parents , aunts , gma who evers house I was at would always be up early drinking coffee at the table by the time I got up. I decided it would be nice for me to have the christmas lights on and making breakfast before they get up with christmas music on today. I feel pretty good about it.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:59 AM   #298  

Hi everyone

It's late but I'm just checking in to catch up on reading and say hello.

Wishing everyone a successful day!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #299  
~Tori~

Good Morning Everyone

Its Wednesday , time for another morning weigh in I'm nervous and excited I had dream I lost weight I really hope I did, It could have been from watching biggest loser last night before bed on hulu I was such a good little eater yesterday , 100% on plan til bed . Gonna get the girls ready for school and walk 1.5 miles today , thank God I stayed dry with the baby yesterday I brought towels and a jacket in case it started to sprinkle ..

Misti- I tried eating like you do, it worked really well but I find it easier to lose weight following the program that I know which includes a few processed items. Glad to hear thats working for you and you're not putting any chemicals into your body.

Susie- How's your walking going? I told my dad a while back i was planning on walking fifty miles. I told him last night i'm at 36 after today and he was so proud that I was almost there. Then I told him I'm doing 100 instead. he told me about this time in egypt he had to walk 106 miles in 4 days in the army because their unit didnt want to be outdone by the brits who walked instead of taking their traks, idk some type of military vehicle.

Carri- are you back up and running at full speed yet? I hope so. I've had the same cough for 2 1/2 weeks now no other symptoms but chest congestion , can't wait for that to end.

Lee Anne - How did your interview go?

Dee- Thank you for the advice you're such a sweet heart. I'm definitely learning a lot from you.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #300  

Good morning, everyone

Yay, just got on the scale and it still says 233! I do deserve it since I just had veggies for dinner and did not overeat yesterday, but still... never know!

cheeriloos, I hope your dream comes true and you lost weight! And glad you found a plan that works for you. To clarify, I do eat some processed items... just try to make sure they are organic and GMO free, and have very few ingredients (a lot of ingredients generally equals a higher level of processing).

I guess it is working because yesterday I got told I am developing a "healthy glow."

Everyone have a fantastic day and stay on plan!!! We want to be a bunch of losers!!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 12-12-2012 at 07:52 AM.