Old 09-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

I'm pretty sure the weight will show a gain tomorrow. I've been having wolf hunger this past week. Just starving even though I've eaten plenty of food.

Does anyone else get just so insanely hungry at times?
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #92  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabellaOlivia View Post
I'm pretty sure the weight will show a gain tomorrow. I've been having wolf hunger this past week. Just starving even though I've eaten plenty of food.

Does anyone else get just so insanely hungry at times?
Does almost always count??
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #93  
~Krystal~

So, I am completely recovered now and back at work--thank You, Jesus!!!

Also, I have not been to the gym to do an official workout since Sept 2.
I have been keeping my cals between 1200-1400 for 6 days, with a 2600 cal Spike Day on the 7 day.
I've dropped 4 lbs since August 26!
This is like MAJOR weight for me!!

I'm scared to return to the gym until after my cruise, which will be sometime around Oct 10.

Thoughts?
Ideas?
Suggestions?

I'll start 1/2Mary training when I return--a full month and a half LATER than I had anticipated starting!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #94  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

on 4 pounds! -- I was down to 149 and today scale was nearly 155...darn cheese. I know I can't eat it, it irritates my gallbladder, and I am too stupid to stay away from it. My belly looks like that I am 7 months preggo...oh when do I learn???

I have no suggestions for you, except, start biking -- I am TOTALLY addicted to it now.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
So, I am completely recovered now and back at work--thank You, Jesus!!!

Also, I have not been to the gym to do an official workout since Sept 2.
I have been keeping my cals between 1200-1400 for 6 days, with a 2600 cal Spike Day on the 7 day.
I've dropped 4 lbs since August 26!
This is like MAJOR weight for me!!

I'm scared to return to the gym until after my cruise, which will be sometime around Oct 10.

Thoughts?
Ideas?
Suggestions?

I'll start 1/2Mary training when I return--a full month and a half LATER than I had anticipated starting!
What are you scared of at the gym? Just jump right back in, your body will know what to do. You may just have to back off the weights slightly for a couple workouts until your joints get used to it again. I predict you will feel better than ever. As for the running, I can't believe you are a glutton to do that all over again, But again, I think this rest is going to do you well and you are going to feel amazing when you are able to get back into your routing.
Glad you are healed up and back to work!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
on 4 pounds! -- I was down to 149 and today scale was nearly 155...darn cheese. I know I can't eat it, it irritates my gallbladder, and I am too stupid to stay away from it. My belly looks like that I am 7 months preggo...oh when do I learn???

I have no suggestions for you, except, start biking -- I am TOTALLY addicted to it now.
You'll be back down to the 140s in no time, sounds like an intolerance. Have you ever tried taking digestive enzymes with things like that? Maybe do an experiment in a couple weeks with similar to what you ate this time, but take digestive enzymes with it and see if it helps. Only problem is if it doesn't then you will feel like yuck again and blame it on me! Hope you feel better soon. Great job on the bike rides and don't know if you noticed, but I commented on your mfp update, love your new avitar!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #97  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Isabella - Hunger was never an issue for me until the nutritionist ruined me and got me eating every couple hours, Now... there are days that people have to keep arms away from me cause I will just take a bite,

Krystal - So great that you are fully recovered!!! I am so glad to hear that!!! As for the gym, I am with Jo... jump right in. Ease into the weights to see what your body will tolerate, but get back on the horse. Hope you enjoy the trip though and great job on setting yourself in for another half!!! Wow!!! You are so inspiring to me
As for the luscious curves... I don't know. Still have not taken off a single pound. Matter of fact, I had gone back up, and now back into the decade I have been in. Apparently I lose 10lbs now and go on a 6 month plateau every time I am seeing things move around and shift on my body as they did last time, and gaining a ton of muscle. Just not getting smaller and wearing the same clothes. Good on the pocketbook, frustrating on the ego,

Kristiina - Great job finding an addiction that helps with your weight If you are going to get addicted, can definitely think of worse things than a bike. Sorry to hear about the cheese. I totally understand though. I am totally lactose intolerant, AND when I slip... I have mad colon issues for days! Have been taken off dairy for medical reasons and I used to LOVE me some yogurt and cheese... those were my things I would go to in order to have healthy snack and stay away from sweet carbs.

Jo - How are things with you? It's great to see you pop in!!!! Miss yer face!

As for me - Still working long hours, going to college full time, and tending the house/kids. Insanity is going forward. I did have one setback that put me behind schedule for a week, but have been back on track and moving forward. If this workout for month 2 doesn't kill me, I suspect I will definitely see even a bigger difference in composition then I did the first month Here's hoping for survival!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #98  
~Krystal~

I'm gonna hop back on this afternoon and make some time for personals, but I just wanted to say: the only reason I am scared to return to the gym is fear of killing my losing streak! I don't mind the DOMS and the weights are not intimidating, but I went from 151 to 147 in just a coupe of weeks by merely walking my k9s, keeping my cals between 1200-1400 during the week, then spiking at 2600 on the 7th day.

I know this is a loooooooooong stretch, but could I possibly hit 145 by next Friday? even with TOM right around the corner? Next week to be exact! Dang hormones! He's always coming at the wrong times! He should have been this week, so I wouldn't have to deal with all that darn water weight 2 days into my trip!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I'm gonna hop back on this afternoon and make some time for personals, but I just wanted to say: the only reason I am scared to return to the gym is fear of killing my losing streak! I don't mind the DOMS and the weights are not intimidating, but I went from 151 to 147 in just a coupe of weeks by merely walking my k9s, keeping my cals between 1200-1400 during the week, then spiking at 2600 on the 7th day.

I know this is a loooooooooong stretch, but could I possibly hit 145 by next Friday? even with TOM right around the corner? Next week to be exact! Dang hormones! He's always coming at the wrong times! He should have been this week, so I wouldn't have to deal with all that darn water weight 2 days into my trip!!!
But really, is anyone else going to notice those 2 pounds on you if you don't lose them? Probably not. I am sure you will look great if it comes off or not.
And as to the gym, weight lifting will probably bring on a little bit of scale weight, not fat, so if you are most concerned about the scale, then don't do it. However, if you are concerned about body composition and how your clothes fit, the get back at it girl. That scale is just a number, what do you want your body to look like? Ok, I'm biased, but that is my 2 cents anyways.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Isabella - Hunger was never an issue for me until the nutritionist ruined me and got me eating every couple hours, Now... there are days that people have to keep arms away from me cause I will just take a bite,

Krystal - So great that you are fully recovered!!! I am so glad to hear that!!! As for the gym, I am with Jo... jump right in. Ease into the weights to see what your body will tolerate, but get back on the horse. Hope you enjoy the trip though and great job on setting yourself in for another half!!! Wow!!! You are so inspiring to me
As for the luscious curves... I don't know. Still have not taken off a single pound. Matter of fact, I had gone back up, and now back into the decade I have been in. Apparently I lose 10lbs now and go on a 6 month plateau every time I am seeing things move around and shift on my body as they did last time, and gaining a ton of muscle. Just not getting smaller and wearing the same clothes. Good on the pocketbook, frustrating on the ego,

Kristiina - Great job finding an addiction that helps with your weight If you are going to get addicted, can definitely think of worse things than a bike. Sorry to hear about the cheese. I totally understand though. I am totally lactose intolerant, AND when I slip... I have mad colon issues for days! Have been taken off dairy for medical reasons and I used to LOVE me some yogurt and cheese... those were my things I would go to in order to have healthy snack and stay away from sweet carbs.

Jo - How are things with you? It's great to see you pop in!!!! Miss yer face!

As for me - Still working long hours, going to college full time, and tending the house/kids. Insanity is going forward. I did have one setback that put me behind schedule for a week, but have been back on track and moving forward. If this workout for month 2 doesn't kill me, I suspect I will definitely see even a bigger difference in composition then I did the first month Here's hoping for survival!!!
Hi gf, I commented on your new avi on mfp too. Looks like insanity is working out great for you! Don't know how you do it, looks like torture to me
Old 09-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #101  
~Star~

Krystal - Depends on where you priority is. As Jo said... if the scale is your priority, then I wouldn't go lifting. Redeveloping muscles adds water weight and strength weight. Depends on what you are going for Either way you will look fabulous for your trip You always do!

Jo - Insanity is torture, But it's torture you learn to love hating, Maybe it's the exercises or order they go in, but getting more results (shaping) from this then I did from lifting. I actually have tricep muscles now, which is amazing to me!
Old 09-22-2012, 02:17 AM   #102  
~Krystal~

Star: Isn't it odd that you develop all that reshaping and don't really lose any weight How much longer do you have with the program? I can hardly wait to see the results. I hope you took before, mid-way thru, and after pics!! I NEED evidence!!!

Jo: I gave in to your advice & returned to the gym. I will have water weight anyway from TOM, but I sure did want to have a nice, flatter-looking ab section. I'll carry my pooch with me :sad:

Kristiina: My sweet friend--you are so right about the biking! I really have an acquired taste for it, but like fine wine--it keeps getting better with the miles
I seriously hope you are able to get into a nice fall routine & stay our of the 150s. Don't they just suck the life out of you!!

all around this thread. We defo need it with all of the setbacks we've had.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #103  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I should adhere to this advice: "You likely won’t be able to reach your weight loss goals if you keep thinking, “I’ll eat whatever I want this weekend and start dieting again on Monday.” Waiting until Monday doesn’t work because you’ll consistently undo all your hard work from the week. This weekend, DON’T wait until Monday – just keep doing what you’re doing! Guaranteed you will be so glad you did."

I just can't keep my cakehole closed -- I am too afraid to step on scale, and that usually means trouble.

I am making a vow to you. Today I will eat clean and I won't wait for Monday to get here!

I am getting my hair done with my favorite hairdresser. He is $$$ but I think I need a little boost to make myself wanting this weightloss again.

Last edited by Sum38; 09-23-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #104  
~Star~

Krystal - I took before only pics. They are too embarrassing to put on an open thread, but would PM them to you if you would like I am a bit into week 1 of month 2 (held back behind schedule due to medical issues)... so when done I will take pics again cause I want my Insanity t-shirt,

Great job on getting back in the gym!!! Bet it felt good!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Sum38: I love getting my hair done. You'll probably feel really refreshed and energized after the visit.
Sometimes those little boosts can be really helpful.

Last edited by IsabellaOlivia; 09-23-2012 at 03:05 PM.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote