3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Slow Dancing With A Stranger {13} "Please, Save The Last Dance For Me" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/262163-slow-dancing-stranger-%7B13%7D-please-save-last-dance-me.html)

jomatho 08-13-2012 06:54 PM

Not much to add, just checking in to see how you girls are doing. I am just barely skimming along right now. I don't know what's wrong with me, I just can't seem to get into a good groove. Must be hormones, yup, I blame it on those :D

ItsMyTurn 08-13-2012 11:52 PM

Jo - You gotta find your inspiration girl! What is it that you want to achieve...how bad do you want it? Kick out those excuses and show them what you are made of! You can totally roll it out!!! We have all seen it!!! Grab for it - run with it!!!

As for me, 2nd fit test in Insanity. My numbers are low compared to some I have seen post, but I am still proud because I improved :) I will hold my head high and know that I am not letting my RA hip/knee/wrist flare hold me back from progressing!! So... here are my stats for last test (2 weeks ago)/and this test
Switch Kicks 57/58
Power Jacks 31/45
Power Knees 80/104
Power Jumps 15/35
Globe Jumps 5/8
Suicide Jumps 5/8
Push-up Jacks 12/15
Low Plank Oblique 35/54 (killer on the left hip, but still pushed... just made some really horrible noises to do it :lol: )

Sum38 08-15-2012 09:54 AM

Awesome, Star!!

Hi Jo....maybe once kiddies are back at school you will get your mojo back. :hug:

Not much to report. I have been OP, but scale won't move under 150 pounds. -- My MIL is my new weightloss buddy. Found a nice common ground to focus on ;).... my BIL's wedding reception is in late October and we decided to shed 10 pounds each. -- My pictures of me at their wedding were real eye openers, I simply looked pregnant (again). So, it gave me some new motivation to move forward. Belly has gone down, but scale is stuck. Oh well :D

Sending :dust: to all! :love:

berryblondeboys 08-15-2012 09:58 AM

Girls... I never joined this thread as well, it didn't seemed I fit the description - I was losing at a steady pace. I knew what I was doing, the scale was mostly cooperating (taking into fact that monthly fluctuations I have), but since the start of this thread? My weight loss has pretty much stagnated.

Did you all jinx me? Can I blame this thread for turning me into a slow loser?;)

Oh well... just popped in to see how you gals are doing - glad to see you are all still plugging away - even if things are slow - you are still TRYING and that's more than most people do!

alaskanlaughter 08-16-2012 12:17 AM

its been a busy summer....ive mostly moved over to posting under other threads because this was the last thread of this group :( busy summer with the kids at our program...i'm one of the managers there...some days had 73 kids, the lowest day of the whole summer had 51 kids...

ive been getting up every day of the work week at 5-5:30 a.m. to work out at the gym...i do some weight machines and i run in intervals...right now i'm running two intervals of 0.7 miles each with some fast walking afterwards...i'm working on endurance right now...

weight is inching down...after TOM last month i saw 189 on the scale, first time in my entire adult life...bounced back up a bit during the month as expected..we'll see what it says at the end of TOM this week :)

ive been really trying to keep my calories high enough but not too high...was trying to hit 1600-1800 a day but im worried that's too high...now i'm shooting for about 1500 and NOT eating back my exercise calories

lots of family stuff going on this summer...my little sister moved back home with mom and dad on the homestead...she said she had a religious experience that told her to go take care of mom and dad...that lasted about 3 weeks and now she's back in the other town living with her boyfriend, who managed to promptly land himself back in jail on a parole violation as soon as she got back...he's bailed out now *sigh* fun fun

alaskanlaughter 08-16-2012 12:27 AM

and i had the scariest experience of my entire life yesterday too :(

background: my DH rides motorcycles, has since he was little...my school playground looks out onto the only highway into the downtown area and every day i'd be on the playground watching the kids and also keeping an ear out for motorcycles and i'd watch him ride out of town for his lunch hour at home, and then i'd watch for him to ride back into town for work again

yesterday i watched him ride out to lunch...after awhile i was looking for him to ride back, expecting him any minute to go past us...i went inside briefly to do other tasks (snack prep etc) and the staff outside immediately blew the whistle, lined the kids up and hustled them inside...the kids said there had been a motorcycle accident...i called DH's phone, no answer...

i didnt even think....i just ran out the doors, across the playground and out to the street...a black motorcycle similar to what DH rides lay strewn in pieces, cut in half from an impact with a car...the front of the car was wrecked...i looked around and didnt see anyone, i was freaking OUT not knowing who was involved...i asked a coworker "where is he?" and she pointed to the sidewalk near us...the motorcycle rider lay dead on the sidewalk, covered with a gray blanket...all i could see was his bare feet...and i looked to see if they were my husband's feet...only then did i know for sure that it was NOT my husband lying there

i was shaking so very badly....no one should EVER EVER have to look at a dead person's feet to know if it's their husband's....he was supposed to have ridden right through that area any minute....and if i had stayed on the playground and hadn't gone inside for snack prep, i would have seen the actual wreck and would have been one of the first responders attempting CPR although we now know that he died on impact :(

so very very sad...all of us were very shaken up by it...and ive never been so scared in my life as when i went running out there not knowing if it was my husband out there :( he called me shortly afterwards, and he had stayed home longer that day

Sum38 08-16-2012 07:28 AM

Yikes Alaskan!

Hi Melissa! I think the last 20 pounds just takes a lot more work and dedication. It just sucks. I wish I could cheat every once in awhile, but each cheat bites turns into bloat and stops my weightloss :mad:

That being said, I pigged out last night....ugh!

ItsMyTurn 08-16-2012 08:02 AM

Melissa - Nice to see you. Sorry to hear you have slowed, but you are so close to goal that it takes a harder time to finish the job. Mine is going slow now, can't imagine how frustrated I will be when I hit where you are

Alaskan - that must have made you freak out on the inside! I can't imagine the thought! Glad it wasn't your DH though

Kristiina - I am so sorry you are struggling so hard right now. Glad to hear of your belly area going down - frustrating sometimes when the scale doesn't reflect that though.

After taking measurements for week 2 of Insanity, I have lost 11.4" overall already. I am not touching a scale until after month 1, but I am pleased with the measurements. I think those are pretty impressive numbers for just 2 weeks! Hoping it continues with all the work I am putting in. I am losing sleep due to schooling, so only getting 3 1/2hrs-4hrs of sleep a night on weekdays and have no doubt that it has an effect on my weight loss in a negative manner. Unfortunately no choice in that department until I achieve my degree or find another job though - so it is what it is. I do my workouts when I am already exhausted during the week, but it is still getting done. I suppose that's the important part - getting it done.

K9Owner 08-16-2012 02:56 PM

This is going to be the quickest post ever, as I am attempting to go back to sleep for work tonight.

Alaskan: I am most thrilled to see you :) Your motorcycle story made me cringe! I am so very thankful it was not your husband!!

Kirstiina: We have found ourselves in the same boat again. This time, will you PLEASE not push me outta the darn thing!! UGH! 150s SUCK!!!! :tantrum:

Melissa: Great to see you are still fighting for your personal goals. @ some point, no matter what you do, it seems the weight loss comes to a snail's pace.

Star: Work It GF!! OMG, I would love to be able to do Insanity w/you! If I lost 11.5 inches in 2 weeks, I'd be overjoyed!

Jo: :hug: I miss you, sweet friend. I hope you are doing well and getting adjusted to the children's schedules again.

Sum38 08-17-2012 12:23 PM

5 mile walk and 5 mile bike ride.

Funny (and not so funny) note; I ate one of my new veneers :mad:

K9Owner 08-17-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4440507)
5 mile walk and 5 mile bike ride.

Funny (and not so funny) note; I ate one of my new veneers :mad:

How in the world did you manage this?

Sum38 08-17-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Owner (Post 4440735)
How in the world did you manage this?

I am a woman with many talents :D

ItsMyTurn 08-17-2012 06:20 PM

Impressive talent? LOL!

K9Owner 08-19-2012 02:18 PM

Great weekend so far for me. I have had a successful week. I'm finally getting back into the 2 night/week work schedule, so I love that.

Going to attempt to spike today & kill the gym Mon, Tues, Wed...then, back to saving lives Thurs/Fri.

No movement in my scale, but after ovulation, I predict it will come.

On a health note, I take my BP every time I go to work. 2 Thursday's ago, before rounds (at 7pm), it was 97/62 :eek: I do NOT take BP meds of any sort. As a matter of fact, I am currently taking no Rx meds.

Anyway, I wanted to do a little experiment this week, so I asked 2 other colleagues to join in.
During 5am rounds, we checked our BP and heart rate. I typically have a slow heart rate compared to other people at work.
Colleague 1: Middle 30s, approx 180lbs, approx 5'6", black female--
results: 140/95 HR 99

Colleague 2: Age 28-31, approx 107 lbs, approx 5'4.5, black female--
results: 120/85 HR 95

Me: Age 36, approx 150lbs, 5'3.5"
results: 110/53 HR 61!!! :fr:

It takes alot of work for me to have my HR to cardio zone or fat burning zone, which does SUCK when you are trying to burn cals!
I am very glad to be "fit", but I sure wish my body looked as good on the outside as it does on the inside!

Happi Sunday to each of you :)

jomatho 08-21-2012 03:56 PM

Popping in to say hello to all you lovely ladies!
Suffering with horrible PMS this week. Ready to get TOM here and gone so I can go back to being myself.
We are finished with therapy and had our final visit to the surgeon for my son's shoulder. He is cleared for light activities like casually shooting hoops, riding his bike (without falling) and stuff like that, but not for official sports for another 4 weeks. He decided to not play football so that will lighten our schedule this fall quite a bit (silent cheer).
My youngest is on JV and has his first game tomorrow. It is awful to watch your son play football. I can't wait until they are both graduated and done with that dumb sport. It doesn't help that my anxiety this month is through the roof- one of the newer pms symptoms that has been showing up most months the last couple years. Not sure if it is the pms/anxiety causing the football panic or the football increasing the anxiety, but either way I am a mess.
Ok, gotta run, freshman orientation at school tonight, oh joy.