3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Slow Dancing With A Stranger {13} "Please, Save The Last Dance For Me" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/262163-slow-dancing-stranger-%7B13%7D-please-save-last-dance-me.html)

K9Owner 08-04-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4426907)
I think I have finally gotten back to eating right. Last 4 weeks were just insane. Scale went up to 155 :crazy:, luckily 5/10 was water bloat. I was back down to 150 this am, and now the hard work starts (all over again). I decided I do not like being 150 + pounds :lol: So I am NOT giving up.

Now, this sounds like my friend, Kristiina!!
Tell your counter-personality to GET LOST! ;)

Sum38 08-04-2012 10:01 PM

3rd day of clean eating for me :woohoo:...and I think I will be leaving 150's behind tomorrow morning, another :woohoo: for that :)

I did elliptical for 30 minutes, I really pushed hard. I did weights yesterday, and I can feel the aftermath of it today. Feels GOOD!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Sum38 08-04-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Owner (Post 4426945)
Now, this sounds like my friend, Kristiina!!
Tell your counter-personality to GET LOST! ;)

:lol3: The counter personality is called Kristina ;) She is tucked away. How are you doing with your loss? Did you start running again?

ItsMyTurn 08-05-2012 02:04 AM

Sum - I was walking like I rode a horse for 3 days on the day after the first official workout. That night was another workout and it found all new muscles to make sore. Finally on day 3 I was able to sit without wincing :lol: Now on day 6 and loving it! It is totally intense and pushes you to your limit if you hit it at 100%. I am so glad I purchased it :)
Great job staying on target with your nutrition! Glad you were able to find your groove again! :)

guacamole 08-05-2012 10:43 AM

Hello lovely ladies! Not a lot of time to post lately, but I do try to read. One common theme I have been seeing on these boards is that when people drop off and stop reading and posting, they start regaining. The support here is so important - especially for those of us not on a plan with a coach or face to face meetings. When you are doing it on your own - it's important to have an outlet where you are not "doing it on your own," like here at 3FC.

Thanks to everyone for being active posters and giving support! I know that it really helps me to read here.

K9Owner 08-06-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4427554)
:lol3: The counter personality is called Kristina ;) She is tucked away. How are you doing with your loss? Did you start running again?

LOSS?? What loss??
I was doing great until I went back to FL.
Oh well, guess it's time to restart the restart! :tantrum:

Sum38 08-06-2012 02:19 PM

Guacamole, nice to see you on this side of the town :D

Krystal, better start it then today!!!

Today is day 5 on my clean eating plan, and 5 pounds of bloat is gone :woohoo: I am thankful that my scale is showing weight under 150...not by much but it is such a huge mental thing for me...

Where is Jo??

Star I hope your walking has improved :lol3:

ItsMyTurn 08-06-2012 06:22 PM

Guacamole - Great to see ya :) Pop by and sit a spell with us when you can :D

Krystal - I saw that you are totally counting the days til the Caymans, time to get the butt in gear girl! Own it! You can totally knock it out of the park!!

Kristiina - Glad you got "the other white meat" to stop influencing your eating :lol: You must be sooo very relieved to be under 150 again :) I am so happy for you!!!!

Jo - :wave:

I am walking much better, yes, :rofl: This weekend I had my Finance Mid-Term and scored a 90 on it.... US101 I aced.... Tomorrow is court cause of a speeding ticket (oy vey)... but... in the meantime, Insanity is going awesome. The youngest DD has been doing it with me and she has stopped throwing up during the workouts now and is starting to physically show changes a bit already! That's amazingly fast, since it's only been a week!!!! Hope you all are finding a renewed sense to kick some butt!

K9Owner 08-07-2012 01:10 PM

Kristiina: Glad that your scale has moved in the downward direction. I'm not getting on mine until after next week. TOM will be here any day now, & I will just regret it all over again if I step on it after 3 days of spiking, TOM, and high carb bloat. I did get right back on it after I came home though. I'm going to try to go to the gym today. I have zero motivation or strength to go. I just wanna sleep. PMS sux!!

Star: I'm so thrilled you are loving insanity. It reminds me of my niece. I could defo see her barfing alongside your DD. Bless their lil hearts!! :lol:

jomatho 08-07-2012 03:28 PM

Hi girls, I am here, just unbelievably busy for summer vacation. I am feeling a little overwhelmed by everything right now. Not looking forward to school starting, that's for sure.
I was doing great with my plan until this weekend, actually that wedding I went to, drank too much and lost my inhibitions. Then Sunday I went to work to help DH and we ate out twice, then Mon and today we have had appointments early so I didn't get my workouts in like I usually do. I haven't worked out since Saturday and haven't lifted weights since last Thursday. Ugh.
Tomorrow is the first day in a long time I don't have a single thing on the calendar except DS going to football so I plan to walk with my gf first and then come home and lift. That should get things going in the right direction again.
Sounds like everyone else is back on track to I had better get my butt in gear too!
Good to hear about everyone's status and I will talk at you guys later ;)

Sum38 08-10-2012 07:43 AM

Jo :hug: -- Funny; this is my first fall, ever, that I am not busy. Cam is still "benched" because of his elbow, and won't be playing any fall sports (except cross country, but that will start later). It is a strange feeling not to be running him around...well he is doing PT 3x per week :D

Star you are a wonder woman!! School, work, hubby out of town and exercise....I am in awe of you! -- Congrats on your good grades. I give A+ on your efforts :D

Krystal I like your MFP avi...your legs look HOT!

I am ovulating, and we visited Cedar Point amusement park and food was all salt, salt and more salt kinda junk and my weight sky rocketed. I took 30000 steps whilst we were there but it did not make any difference, except that my legs are feeling tired and full of lactic acid. So clean easting for me again.

I feel pretty though... I had veneers placed on 4 of my front teeth and they look amazing. I have been grinding my teeth at night for years and I keep spitting all guards out , and then time to time I would wake up with chips on my teeth...my front teeth have been fixed with bonding for 10's of times and finally the bonding would not do the trick anymore, hence these veneers. They do look beautiful and I am very happy with the end result. My whole face looks brighter.

Well I am off to planning my food intake for the day and then 5 mile walk. It is raining and I am looking forward to walking through fresh smelling woods.

Sending everyone :dust:

ItsMyTurn 08-11-2012 08:46 PM

Kristiina - So glad you were able to get your teeth to where you feel confident :) Bet it allows you to smile without worry now and show how happy you are!

Hubby isn't out of town yet...surprise, ran into a snafu (seems to be common in our house :lol: ). He went for the physical and has some stuff he has to get taken care of medically before he will be allowed to be behind the wheel of a rig. Honestly this might work out better anyway. If I am able to pass the FitPro test to be a Corrections Officer, then I am going to have to go to COTA for 7 weeks in Tucson, so will need an adult here with the kiddos. I will be trying for that as soon as the cooler months come and I can push to improve my speed on running. Still real busy though, 3 1/2-5 1/2hrs of sleep on weeknights so I crash on weekends :lol:

Today's Insanity was a double workout. Pure Cardio AND the Abs... oy. I made it through though... soaking wet and huffing and puffing... but did it :)

K9Owner 08-12-2012 02:44 PM

Star: You are so busy! I am exhausted by the time your day is over! IDK if I would be able to handle all of the things you do! Go Girl!!

Kristiina: My niece also had to get veneers. She absolutely loves them! I'm glad you do as well :)

K9Owner 08-13-2012 10:38 AM

Monday, Monday
Raining in my little neck of the woods.
I worked Saturday night and thought it was just a great idea to have cinnamon rolls Sunday morning for breakfast--which I later regretted!
Why do I continue to put my body through this?
If I didn't workout, I'd be the size of a small fruit stand by now!!!
My niece and I workout out last night at the gym.
She is going to obtain a membership where I workout.
This will be great for her, I hope.
I took it easy on her last night--I only let her lift the Barbie weights :D
She better not get up later, screaming she can't shake the ketchup bottle :lol:

I have a completely EMPTY day today! First in a very long time, so I am loving this!! I will go to the gym tonight.

Tell me this--is it me or does everyone pretty much end up sore, stiff, and with general body aches after working out the next day?
At first, I thought it was just DOMS, but my back just aches every day!
I think this extra baggage I'm carrying has alot to do with it--just a thought!

Happy Monday to each of you :)

ItsMyTurn 08-13-2012 01:18 PM

Krystal - Any consolation, I am not even sure if I can handle all I have to do in a day, :rofl: So far I haven't drowned, but boys there are days I am beyond pooped out.
As for being sore, it honestly depends what I have done. With weights I used to be sure, even after 2 months, because of the progression I would do. Not so much with cardio, unless it's a toning cardio that my body is unfamiliar with. That's great about your niece joining the gym!!! Way to inspire :)