Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I need eliptical recommendations please?
You can have mine, lol.

I don't have any recommendations, but when we were buying one, we just went store to store and tried them all out because they all feel different. Some, the arms seemed off, and some the foot plates seemed off, so I think they all tend to "fit" differently. We both knew as soon as we tried ours out that it was the one after trying at least 20 others.
As far as bells and whistles, it is like anything else you shop for, there are base models and loaded models.
Can I just say though, I hate the elliptical. My toes get all tingly, painful and uncomfortable and I have a hard time staying on it long enough to get in a good workout. There are lots of people that love them though, so you just have to try it.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #92  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
You can have mine, lol.

I don't have any recommendations, but when we were buying one, we just went store to store and tried them all out because they all feel different. Some, the arms seemed off, and some the foot plates seemed off, so I think they all tend to "fit" differently. We both knew as soon as we tried ours out that it was the one after trying at least 20 others.
As far as bells and whistles, it is like anything else you shop for, there are base models and loaded models.
Can I just say though, I hate the elliptical. My toes get all tingly, painful and uncomfortable and I have a hard time staying on it long enough to get in a good workout. There are lots of people that love them though, so you just have to try it.
I will buy yours!

I used to use it at the gym and loved it, and now I would like to have at home.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #93  

Quote:
I will buy yours!

I used to use it at the gym and loved it, and now I would like to have at home.
Okay, I will just throw it on the top of my suv and bring it right over Meet me halfway though and then we will throw it on the top of your hot rod
I would be glad to get rid of it, but DH wouldn't be too happy if I sold it,, he still likes it a lot.
It is a great workout. Just go out and try some different ones out. What was the one at the gym you liked? Maybe start with that brand.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #94  
Fat to Fab and Fit

hehe...I am actually going to spend this weekend 1/2 way to your house. Out of town BB tourney.

I am looking Craig's list...some great deals out there. People get bored and are selling their stuff 1/3 of the cost.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #95  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Ladies... I am BORED. Too hot to do anything, ugh.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #96  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

hello ladies.
I've been at the pool for 5 hrs
not swimming, just soaking up the vit D!!
no idea about elipticals. i've never researched them
Old 06-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #97  

Hoping today is a little calmer around here. Had a mass of boys in my back yard all-day-long. It was hot hot hot and the pool was the place to be. Of course, that means in and out of the house for bathroom, drinks, "we're hungry" and all that goes with it.
I'm ready for school to start again
Old 06-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #98  
~Krystal~

Tomorrow, I celebrate 1 month of scale freedom! Maybe I'll weigh in & see where I am.

Jo: Yesterday, I had that at the pool w/my nephew and one of his playmates. But today, my niece and I had it all to ourselves! WOW! How different without kiddos actually IN the pool
I'm not ready for it to be over though! Heck, we are just getting started

Last edited by K9Owner; 06-20-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
Tomorrow, I celebrate 1 month of scale freedom! Maybe I'll weigh in & see where I am.

Jo: Yesterday, I had that at the pool w/my nephew and one of his playmates. But today, my niece and I had it all to ourselves! WOW! How different without kiddos actually IN the pool
I'm not ready for it to be over though! Heck, we are just getting started
Of course I was kidding! So not ready for school to start.

I am sore all over today. Did lower body Monday, so still have day 3 DOMS from that and did chest and back yesterday and am sore from that now Going to take two days off from lifting and then finish my arms on Sat.
I am getting steeeerrooonnng! I finished the 6th week of my program and I looked back at where I started week one to week 6 and I am amazed. I decided to do another 6 weeks of this program and see where I end up at week 12.
I am 6 weeks into my reset also. I will go 2 more weeks and then start a small cut.
Hope everyone is staying cool and doing well
Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #100  
~Krystal~

well here!
just working a couple of nights.
I'm exhausted!

Last edited by K9Owner; 06-22-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #101  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning its gonna be warm by alaskan standards today, 75 today and 85 tomorrow!! i'm so looking forward to it...we havent had a sunny day since april!

been working this week and still doing my early morning gym time...i can pull down 70 pounds in an ab crunch on the machines and can push out 55 pounds with my arms on the machines...i find that the machines help me position properly and help avoid straining my lower back...the last thing i need is another ruptured disc in my lower back also been running, have been doing a mile and a half in intervals in the morning....i really like doing the intervals and im not even sure i'll transition to just straight running for extended times because i've tried it and its' just SO darn boring lol....i know i can run a mile straight and ive even ran two miles straight out but i just get bored with it and it's harder to manage my asthma....so i like the intervals, where i run a quarter mile, walk 30 seconds, run another quarter mile, etc as far as i want to go

NSV: since it's hot out i pulled out my one and only pair of shorts (dont need shorts in this rainforest!) ...and i washed them, which usually makes them really tight, but they were dirty so....and i put them on expecting them to be tight and they are actually really big on me LOL....fortunately still fit well enough to wear to work today because i dont want to go try to get another pair this morning but baggy clothes just kinda bug me lately lol
Old 06-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #102  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Got my elliptical ...let the journey to 125 begin.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #103  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Got my elliptical ...let the journey to 125 begin.
I hope you love it!!
Old 06-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #104  
~Krystal~

Alaskan: I wanted to commie on the sun-kissed girl's photo on FB, but I didn't know her. I LOVED the pic!!
I find some of the machines easier on my back as well. No more injury for me either! I completely know what you mean by save my back!! Have you been running outside at all?? Maybe that would break up some of the monotony.
for the NSV! Kinda hard to go back to the XL when you've bought 4/6

Jo, Star, Kristiina

I miss all of you!! I have been such a slacker posting here and on MFP. I have been so busy with life, I find it difficult to pay much attention to maintenance these days. I'm just bored with it! I hope each of you are having a great summer! Work is sucking lately! I have pretty much gone back full time (not in status, just in hours) and it BYTES!!
Old 06-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #105  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
[COLOR="Blue"][FONT="Courier New"][SIZE="3"]Alaskan: I wanted to commie on the sun-kissed girl's photo on FB, but I didn't know her. I LOVED the pic!!
I find some of the machines easier on my back as well. No more injury for me either! I completely know what you mean by save my back!! Have you been running outside at all?? Maybe that would break up some of the monotony.
for the NSV! Kinda hard to go back to the XL when you've bought 4/6
thanks i couldnt remember what you were talking about so i had to look on FB and remembered that i changed my profile pic not too long ago LOL

it's in the mid-80s here today and i just spent a wonderful FIVE HOURS sitting on the beach!! a real beach with sand and everything LOL most of the beaches here are rocky with seaweed but this is the only regular beach we have here....it was crowded....i sat in my beach chair and enjoyed the sun for the whole afternoon...the kids played in the water and in the sand and DH took them to the nearby Gold Rush Days festival for festival food

i bought a new pair of shorts today because my old ones were WAY too big...i fit a size 11/13 junior but they are shorts with "give" in them, which i like...i hate wearing stiff clothes with no flexibility, like jeans
Closed Thread