3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Slow Dancing With A Stranger {12} "Serenade Into Summer" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/260185-slow-dancing-stranger-%7B12%7D-serenade-into-summer.html)

alaskanlaughter 06-13-2012 12:46 AM

i am SO tired tonight....its been a busy week...yesterday i was up early and at the gym, then worked all afternoon, then had a doctor's appt half the evening, then cleaned up the house etc

today i was up early and at the gym, then i ran errands, then i worked all afternoon, then i went for a 45-minute bike ride between work and a staff meeting, then i had the meeting, then home to eat and clean up the house...so glad DH made dinner :)

i feel like i strained something in my neck, in the front of it..it's like a sore throat only on the outside(?) instead of the inside(?) ...i think with the weight machines that i might have used my neck once or something and kinked it up...it's weird, i dont feel sick so i dont think it's that

and tomorrow after work i have a board of directors meeting *sigh* what a busy week!

K9Owner 06-13-2012 01:48 AM

Alaskan: Seriously, just reading your last post made me tired! Gracious, you are one busy lady!!

Kristiina: I hope you and your daughter had a great time at graduation! Bittersweet for sure. How the time seems to fly by when children are growing up, though they would often beg to differ. Sorry to hear about your 4lb bloat. IDK why it seems to work like that for me as well. I'll get below 145, then I'll have to go on an eating binge and gain 3-4lbs of water weight. It's a ferocious never-ending cycle.

Jo: I hope you are feeling better toward the middle of this week than you felt at its beginning. :hug:

Star: I know you are very busy atm, but thought I'd give you a :hug: as well. Miss you, gf.

AFM: My mom's bday was Tuesday. I volunteered to take cupcakes! Mini ones!! Chocolate!! :yay: me!! I managed to just have 1 of them and a red velvet one. Not too bad considering if one of my family members had brought an entire cake, I'd have been tempted to devour much more than that!

I am working the rest of this week. I am on a mission to pay off our cruise before we go in September. Actually, we already have the $, I just want some extra without having to take a great deal out of our savings acct.
I was supposed to work Saturday and DH told me his grandfather's 90th bday is that day & how my MIL and her family were planning a huge party for him 2.5 hrs away from where we live. I knew they were planning a party, but I never was told when it was going to be. So, I have been searching for a replacement for Saturday! We had the biggest bout of discord over this *@%^ party!! :devil:

I'm so over all the birthdays for this month, I could scream!! :bomb:

My mom asked me today how much more weight I was planning to lose. I asked her if it looked like I had lost more, since I've probably put on a few lbs since May 11, when she last saw me. She said, "Yes, it looks like you are smaller than the last time I saw you." I think she needs to schedule an optometrist appt, asap!! :lol:

Sum38 06-13-2012 10:02 AM

Vent: I look fat :mad: We took family pictures for K's graduation and I still look HUGE. :cry: I KNOW I have lost 20 pounds, and I KNOW I was super huge then, but I feel like a cow. Sorry, had to get that out. -- Part of me just wants to give up, what's the point when 20 pounds has not made a big difference. Part of me is just angry and really wants to get down to 125 where I actually look slim. -- I loathe my tiny frame...it makes weightloss so difficult. Someone else would be looking fab at 145 pounds, not I. I just look like a tub of lard...:lol:

K9Owner 06-13-2012 10:40 AM

:hug: Kristiina :hug:
We are our own worst critic!

Sum38 06-13-2012 02:20 PM

:hug: Krystal Thanks! I am trying to concentrate how my thighs don't rub together when I wear a dress :lol: and how they used to last summer.... I think I wore a wrong dress. It did not accentuate my good features, but make me look think(er) in the middle, shorter and it hid most of my legs....

Sum38 06-13-2012 02:31 PM

Enough about me....I am a bit emotional after K's graduation. I also chaperoned all night senior party.... I have slept grand total of 9 hours since Monday morning. - I hope the goodness that scale will be kind to me tomorrow, I need it :lol: ~ I took over 40000 steps yesterday. :eek: I was a roamer and I walked 7 hrs straight at the all night party, plus my daily 11000 step walk, plus all the normal daily errands/cleaning....and scale still was up. How on earth you ladies can go without weigh-in? You are my heroes! BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME :lol3:

Where is our shining Star?

Krystal I Hope your weekend turns out okay. And congrats on the compliment from your mom.... I don't think she needs an eye exam ;) Hehe.

Alaskan I hope your neck is doing better today.

Jo Are you feeling any better? My boys are sick (again) with a cold.

K9Owner 06-13-2012 05:21 PM

I think the relationship with my scale is
O-V-E-R!

alaskanlaughter 06-14-2012 01:20 AM

im still SO stoked from my great doctor's visit this week!! i posted about it up there somewhere...

and im still SO TIRED by 9 p.m. every night :( being on my feet all afternoon must be wearing on me....i went to the gym this morning, did stuff at home with the kids the rest of the morning, then went to work...i spent the students' lunchtime on my feet monitoring the lunchroom, then i spent an hour outside monitoring the playground and walking around it, i sat down for half an hour for a group meeting, maybe only 20 minutes, then i was on my feet to make snack, serve snack, clean up snack, clean up the kitchen etc....i was on my feet for 4 1/2 hours today except for that 20 minutes or so of sitting down...in addition to running 1 1/4 mile this morning at the gym....

then i came home and cleaned up the house, cooked dinner, cleaned up after dinner (did i forget to mention laundry?), and went to the store...its 9:20 p.m. and younger son is asleep....i'm ready to CRASH

calories came in at 1520 today with 210 of those exercised away this morning....zzzzzzz

jomatho 06-14-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Owner (Post 4370218)
I think the relationship with my scale is
O-V-E-R!

Sounds like a liberated woman!

jomatho 06-14-2012 09:11 AM

Still gimping along here. I am about halfway through my course of antibiotic and although I am feeling better, I wish I was back to normal, whatever that is, lol. I still have a nagging cough and a nose full of thick crud. I am hearing of others who have had this similar cold and it has taken WEEKS to fully get over it, like 5-6!!!??!!!??? wth?
I haven't worked out yet this week. I feel like a slug. I plan to try to lift this weekend.
I tried to go out and do some yardwork yesterday, but my nose started gushing and then I started sneezing (prob more allergy related) so I quit, and then I was exhausted for the rest of the day. Not worth it, but so hard to sit around and feel so useless.

jomatho 06-14-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4369698)
Vent: I look fat :mad: We took family pictures for K's graduation and I still look HUGE. :cry: I KNOW I have lost 20 pounds, and I KNOW I was super huge then, but I feel like a cow. Sorry, had to get that out. -- Part of me just wants to give up, what's the point when 20 pounds has not made a big difference. Part of me is just angry and really wants to get down to 125 where I actually look slim. -- I loathe my tiny frame...it makes weightloss so difficult. Someone else would be looking fab at 145 pounds, not I. I just look like a tub of lard...:lol:

I am sure you looked fab. Like Krystal said, we are our own worst critics! 20 pounds has made a difference, you just went shopping and fit into all smaller sizes. Try doing that 20 pounds ago.
I am the same way, I like how I look in a dress and then I see the pictures and I just see all boobs. I don't see that in the mirror or when I look down or anything, but a photo-yuck. Those dresses I picked out in the spring gathered right under the boobage and hung/flaired out from there and once I looked at them in photos I wondered if that just accentuated the boobs too much. Not an area I need to accentuate, but I think in my mind I was trying to hide any belly/waist problems. So in hindsite, probably the wrong style for me too, but that doesn't discount how far I have come, right? It's the dresses, not us :rofl:

K9Owner 06-14-2012 10:07 AM

:faint:
I'm exhausted!
1 more night to go!!

Sum38 06-14-2012 11:06 AM

Jo...u r too funny....now I picture you in revealing boobage cuts :lol3: AND I know they were NOT revealing...hehe... It is just my darn belly. I have a beer gut and I HATE beer. P said I looked thin and it is all in my head. He was really sweet about it. -- I will post a picture of kids and I later.

We are harsh on ourselves, aren't we?

Feel better....sucks to have a summer cold!!!

Sum38 06-14-2012 11:09 AM

I am a slave Krystal...maybe I can only weigh-in every other day to ... I dont' think I can...weak I am.

Sum38 06-14-2012 02:01 PM

K I have no idea how you do the nights! You rock!