Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #16  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Good Monday!
Just checking in to keep myself honest!
Rosebud - we are keeping it pretty simple too this summer. We went camping on the weekend, but beyond that we are staying pretty close to home for the weekend. Maybe some weekend outings, but my dh works in the summer so that keeps us homebound which is perfectly fine.
This morning my neighbour and I are going to go for it and keep up with our C25k journey!
Anyways ladies have a great day!!
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #17  
tamIam

Walked our dogs this bee-you-tee-ful morning! Last night there were storms all over southern SK and they are sort of petering out this a.m. in our area so not too hot for me and the hounds to hoof it down the lane. I like going for early morning walks as our neighbours have the scariest german shepard. ever. and she doesn't seem to wander around until later in the morning. I am terrified of that thing. Anyways I am off to find a fitness class to attend at some point today! HAGD everyone!!

Last edited by greeneggsandtam; 07-24-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #18  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

hey hey Montrealer here!!! It's been really hot lately here mixed in with summer storms. Pretty intense ones at that, I lost power 3 times last night! Didn't help with my workout but I did my best

Hope you all have a good day!! xo
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #19  
tamIam

Hey Caramel Kitty!
What a summer of storms!! I have only been to Montreal once and did I LOVE it. It was awesome.
What do you do to work out?
I have been just walking, doing the C25K with my neighbour, and playing soccer about once a week. I have leisure pass so I can attend any of these drop in classes at any of the civic centres so I'm really enjoying that! Today I might take my bike into town and cycle the bridges. Maybe!
Anyways HAGD everyone!!
Tam
Old 07-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #20  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TAM ~ we've had some nice weather this week; the temps came way down -- yeah!!! So we are really enjoying that. We've been getting during the night which is great; waters the gardens so we don't have to. My beans are starting to sprout (just babies) and I have been eating my cherry tomatoes for a while now; these ones have been quite productive. Best wishes on the C25K ...

KITTY ~ nice of you to drop by; you are looking' pretty good in that avatar, girl! Hope your power stays on for you all down there. I know the south needs the rain; a friend says the grass down south is turning yellow from lack of rain. WE are very blessed up here in the northern part of the province and everything is green.

Eating is going good this week too; had some bumpy days there with hunger pangs (cals were a bit low, so sugars dipped a bit). So adding in some fruit & chz for that so I can still stay on plan; plus last weekend, I baked some homemade fruit & fiber muffins and put them in the freezer for snacks too.

Have a great week everyone ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #21  
tamIam

Good Morning!
Just a quick check in again!
Rosebud - Your garden sounds great!
We have had some wild weather this past weekend. So much lightning! Yikes!! But the days are beautiful and the dogs and I are loving the walks. My eating is all over the place, but I shall do my best to get to a fitness class today. Have a great day!!
Tam
Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #22  
tamIam

Good Wednesday!! Yay!
Well--yesterday i went to the civic centre to take a boot camp class and lo- my husbands third wife was there!! Yikes. I've never seen her in person. She is a fitness instructor evaluator. So I guess I was on her turf so to speak. Haha. Well needless to say I made an about-face and made my way to the other end of the building. I think it's funny, but I just couldn't imagine trying to work out in front of her. My exciting days. Lol.
I took the hounds out for bike ride today and I may make it to the civic centre once again. There are about six in the city --so I will just see later on. Have a great day!!
Tam
Old 08-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #23  

Greeeggsandtam Haha that must've been a shock!! Does she know you?

I've been having a hard time working out, I can't go for bike rides it's way too humid and I feel faint when it is.. so I try to work out inside doing my Jillian Michaels workouts but I'm in the middle of a move so it's a little awkward, I just finished unpacking so it's easier, I think tomorrow I'll get back to it!

I weighed in at 139.4 for the last couple days, gotta get it down!!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #24  
Rosebud

TAM ~ feel for ya there; not pleasant to run into ex's unexpectedly, esp when you are working out -- I would have done the same thing (I'm not interested in socializing with them either, so it's time to run: things to do; places to go!)

CARAMEL ~ The humidity bothers me too; I stay indoors on those days! You are doing great; and are almost at goal. You look wonderful!

We have had cooler weather here lately with some and we are loving it! Even if it gets up into the 80's F or 20's C, it's not too bad as long as it isn't humid. We get wonderful breezes through our porches here; love this location.

My eating has gone really well for July and August is staring out great too. Just want to focus on more nutrient-rich, high fiber foods this month. I want that scale to go down more too! Hope you all have even more success in August and some better weather too ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #25  

Justwant2Bhealthy
I really hope the weather cools down a little.
Yesterday was really humid and dry and crazy rain. I mean crazy, the trees were bending lol

I was NOT going to go bike riding in that!

I'm down to 137.8 this morning and hopefully it keeps going down!

Good luck everyone!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #26  
Rosebud

Quote:
I was NOT going to go bike riding in that!

I understand, but it is a cute outfit. I saw your first pic with your SO; didn't think you were half hiding. You look great in that pic just like you do in your avatars. Jeepers, I actually remember a day that I was at your weight (in my mid-20's); and I was so self-conscious even then. Couldn't see myself correctly; it takes about 2 years for your mind to catch up with what your brain sees in the mirror. You are doing great; not far now ...
Old 08-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #27  
tamIam

Good Morning!!
We have had some amazing weather lately here on the prairie. We only needed 25 or so tornadoes to break through to August. lol. What a CRAZY summer. Anyhow we have the most amazing moonrises, stars, meteor showers. Clear nights! We heard the drums from the pow wow across the river last night and fireworks the other night. On the down side my eating has been as wild as the weather, but I have been keeping up the dogwalking everyday and sticking with the soccer so ---I won't complain.
Have a lovely Friday beauties!!
T
Old 08-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #28  
Rosebud

HI TAM ~ we're having lovely weather here right now too; mostly in the high 60's to low 70's F (low 20's C), which is ideal to me. We had some fierce mini-storms here about a week ago, but things have settled down now.

I picked two baggies of beans this week, and my hanging cherry tomato plant is quite prolific this year -- they taste great in my salads. I'm hooked on these things; hope they have this one available again next year.

Eating is going well this month; even better than last month. Making sure to eat meals that are more satisfying while staying OP too.

Have a wonderful OP week coming up, my fellow Canucks ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-13-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #29  
tamIam

Hi Rosebud! Your tomatoes sound divine! Ours are only just starting to ripen! Mind you we are sort of up on a hill on prairie and the storms in July beat up our planters. They looked like they went on a bender and got in a fight. I fertilized them a few times and they are starting to come back nicely though.
Q: Do you restrict your bread intake at all? I eat an atrocious amount of bread and cheese. And wine. All of which keep me nice and round, but I was toying with the idea of limiting it for a week to see what happens. Your thoughts?
Old 08-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #30  
Rosebud

Quote:
Q: Do you restrict your bread intake at all?
YES, I do limit my bread to 3-5 servings a day. I eat a really dense whole grain bread which I find more satisfying too. I often have a wg english muffin with an egg/chz for breakfast; if I'm out, I use the bread mentioned above (just one for BF); and 1-2 times a week, I may have a medium wg bagel with PB or Chz.

For Lunch, I have either a sandwich; or a wg pita pizza; or leftovers; or a 6" wg subwich (I alternate about every other day for variety).

I don't usually have bread for dinner unless I have eggs or beans or chili (may have 1 tst with it) or 6" subwich, but this may only be once a week. Usually, I have a small new potato; or .5 cob corn; or 1/2 cup beans or brown rice/barley; or 1 cup cooked pasta (once a week).