3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   May - Madness or mellowness (Meliness) for the Worldly chicks. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/258089-may-madness-mellowness-meliness-worldly-chicks.html)

Shad 05-05-2012 05:54 PM

Aaah, just did something stupid and lost my post. When will I learn?

Anyway, it went something like this.

Annie - I knew it wasn't me you were mad at but ......... well you know me. Anyway, this sort of argument will happen time and time again, only thing is you have to learn that the new mother thinks that some of the old ways (that's what we did) are no longer necessary or even work. She will learn or face the consequences eventually. I am expecting much of the same myself, particularly as DS1 was a fussy baby, and had terrible colic which we had to deal with. However DS1's partner's mother will be on tap and I will only be the globe trotting granny so much of the arguing will be at full volume (Mother is Greek, partner is half Greek half Italian) and the fallout will be painful especially since the daughter thinks the mother knows nothing already. You've apologised, just leave it there. Eventually she will want something and you will be forgiven (for nothing)
Sounds like you have been busy in the yard. Now for a long soak in the tub and a massage (or something)

Mel - rest, ice, elevate, can't do much else. Plenty of fluids etc. It's fine about the phone call, we can reschedule. Should be home all week and maybe the next one as well. From last week of May through to most of June and July I will be in the Hunter Valley, training and supporting the victims.
I found a baby shop in Singleton which gave me some great ideas for what we had spoken about earlier. Remind me to discuss these when we speak.

Happy - Do you have to fence off the garden to deter the deer and the bunnies and the racoons and the turkeys? Gonna be some fence! Some of the above jump, some dig and burrow and some fly.
My informal class went very well and was much appreciated. I am really worried about these guys. The knowledge level is virtually non existent, the stores are in a complete mess, there is no real SAP champion on site unlike some of the other sites in this implementation and no prior knowledge from previous jobs. I am going to have to revise my training and follow up support here. Thankfully there is no night shift to contend with. But that's work and that is Tuesday's problem child.

Time to get showered and at it. DS2 informed me that the PayTV was not working when I got in on Friday. He couldn't ring the place since the account is in my name and he didn't have authorisation to access the account. That will be fixed come Monday. So anyway, I can't watch my favourite shows and even worse I can't watch the footy this afternoon. Maybe I will need to go to the pub to watch. This should be the best game of the season too. Bah humbug - murphy's law still works. Whatever can wrong does and usually at the worst possible time.
See ya

ceejay52 05-05-2012 06:58 PM

Annie
You are going to be sore in the morning. Enjoy the brother's band tonight. Don't think dd will be upset to long. Things like this happen.

Michelle
Sending you good vibes.

Mel
I'm glad the doctor did stop by to check on your arm.

Hello to Happy and Laura :wave:
-----

I really should not have gone to eat lunch with the uncles but I did. Stopped at Walmart in Paragould and came back home. I still don't have the stamina to do much. but I look around and see everything that needs to be done.

diyana 05-06-2012 09:51 AM

Good Sunday morning to everyone -

Yesterday, DMIL and I went to Derby Day at our friend's Moose Lodge just outside of Chicago. It was great fun, and I won $65 in the raffles!! After all the festivities, we had dinner at the Lodge...DMIL had a yummy chicken dinner, with salad, baked potato and corn. And I had the most delicious steak I've had in a long time with the same side dishes. Mmmmm.

Now to explain my cryptic post from Friday. There's a company about 5 minutes from where I live, not as big as my current company, but big enough and it's located on a gorgeous campus. I went there for a seminar roughly 3 years ago and have wanted to work there ever since. Of course, back when I was happy in my current company so I didn't actively look. Things are different now. I noticed on their website early this past week a job posting doing essentially what I was doing...with new things to learn as well. Then I learned that a woman I have worked closely with for a few years and was aware of my skills/expertise was married to someone at the new company. I approached her and asked what department her husband works in. Turns out, he's the hiring manager for this position! I told her I would be applying and I submitted my resume on Thursday evening. I talked with her again at roughly 10:30 on Friday morning, and she said that my resume had already made it through the initial HR screening and it was on his desk! I was (and still am) thrilled to hear such great news!! I am so hopeful that I get the call to schedule an interview this week!! My co-worker says that her husband says it's a great place to work!! And so close to home!! I would SO love to work there! I am trying to harness the power of prayer and positive thinking by seeing me driving to work there everyday, imagining me at my new desk working on their systems, etc. :D

I'll keep you posted, ladies! And I so appreciate all the good vibes and prayers you've been sending my way (and for DH too).

We've got thunderstorms hitting....so I'd best log off for now.

Much love and many hugs,

Laura705 05-06-2012 10:53 AM

Morning all.

Michelle - Glad you enjoyed the Derby party, and coming away with some $$ to boot - woohoo!! :carrot: The job you described sounds like a great fit for you!!! Know that I'm going to say a prayer and send the good vibes your way!!!

Ceejay - Hope you relaxed for the rest of your weekend. You know the housework and errands will still be waiting for you (unless you've got some fairies that come in and do it for you overnight, lol).

Shad - Perhaps it's a blessing you will not be the granny that's always around to be underappreciated/taken for granted...unfortunately that's what can happen sometimes. Glad you're not having to work a night shift this time around, but it sounds like you've got a bigger challenge with this group. Did you get to watch your footy? Our admin asst was off to the UK for a school thing and her cousin bought them very pricey tickets to a soccer match the same day they arrive - and she doesn't give a hoot about soccer. But it might be just the thing to combat jet lag!

Annie - Based on your posts yesterday, it sounds like you might be in a world of hurt today. I hope you take a nice soak in the tub, get Curtis to rub your aches and give you a pass on the painting!! I should have come down there with our little tiller - it might have helped with removing the sod. How was your bro's band?? The dancing probably kept the stiffness and soreness at bay for a few hours, lol.

Happy - I haven't done a lick of planning or labor for my veggie garden, so you and Annie are making me feel guilty. No seeds for me this year except perhaps for the herbs. Shad's right, you'll need fences to keep the critters out, and some netting over it too, I'll bet. Good luck!

Mel - Hope your tummy is better and the arm too. Let someone else deal with all the building problems - you've got yourself to take care of. Like Annie says - you, you, you!!!

Hellos to Patty & Java!! :flow1:
===
Somewhat lazy weekend for me. Friday was a steak burrito for dinner in honor of Cinco de Mayo. Saturday I sat with the papers and my tea for a bit, then I did a BE workout and a load of laundry. After a shower, I went off to the thrift store. I ended up with just a few books and a fancy water bottle that has a freezer stick that fits into the cap and keeps the water cold. I also stopped at the bakery next door and bought a loaf of rye bread and a couple danish. :o

After that was a long walk with doggy, and then an early dinner - fried shrimp at the old fish place the next town over. They have photos of Door County, WI all over the place, and I picked up a Door County tourist guide while I was there. It's a great vacation spot that's on a peninsula jutting out between Lake Michigan and Green Bay, I believe. Bf and I might go there this summer for a short getaway. After the shrimp, bf got his haircut, which is now a 5-minute session with an electric trimmer - very very short, and he's loving it. No messing with it, and it doesn't get mussed when wearing a hat.

Feels a bit warmer this morning after yesterday's damp chill. I might get out in front to fill the dipped areas where the landscape crew removed the quince bushes and failed to fill and seed them. BTW, the quince are regrowing with a vengeance. Going to have to keep clipping them away, as I think removal of all the roots will be futile. We have bags of soil and seed, so it shouldn't be a major project.

Okay, back to my newspaper for a bit, and I might also do a BE workout before getting out to do the hole-filling.

TTFN!!

happy2bme 05-06-2012 01:08 PM

Good Sunday morning all,
Heavy rains today. The yard is full of water. We have a decorative bridge in the front yard with a stone trench. DH said the "moat" is full of water and indeed it is. I guess it's supposed to rain all day long. Good for the grass and filling the well back up. Good for staying in an house cleaning. Also need to go through the refrigerators and freezers and make up this week's menus.

Laura - I have seen those water bottles you speak of. Let me know if they work. DH has a haircut like BF - about a quarter of an inch long which he gives himself with the Conair cutter. I hate it - old man's haircut but he likes it for the same reasons BF does - no fuss. Funny how men get to age but women are supposed to look their best or else they are accused of "letting themselves go". :rolleyes: Actually DH says this is not true - but we know better ;) they don't always say what they think. Your talk of Door County has me jonesing for a trip up that way. I have always wanted to go there and when we moved to Memphis I figured for sure we were so far away that I'd never get up there. It's 5 and a half hours drive to there from here. Maybe if I save my pennies, we can take a trip up there next year in the sort of off season. I hear it's quite pricey up that way for food and lodging. Good luck with the yard work - I hear quinces are pretty sturdy vegetation.

Michelle - that is certainly great news about the other company. :crossed: will certainly be sending all good things your way hoping everything will work out. And to be so close to home - that would be a dream!!!!! I think it's sad that you can't just buckle down and do well and have a long career at a company but that seems not to be the case in today's corporate world. Will be anxiously awaiting your news which sounds good so far.

Ceejay - don't try to tackle everything at once but pick something easy to do so you feel a sense of accomplishment instead of overwhelming stress.

Mel - hope you are doing a bit better today. I hope you don't go banging into things trying to drive with the other arm. Just pretend you are over by Shad driving on their "right side of the road" :lol: Rest well :hug:

Annie - did you have a great time at the lounge yesterday? I'll bet. I have to agree with Laura that dancing around probably pulled some of the kinks out from the yard work. As for the parenting I wish Sissy would understand that people are now starting to see that some of today's beliefs in child rearing are maybe not the best. My sister said that if she had to do it again she would have raised her son more like we were raised - not given everything so that you learned to value what you had and developed a sense of earning what you wanted in life. All this computer stuff has turned kids into stunted social skills - they don't know how to communicate well - both verbally and in the written word. She should listen to Momma who probably knows better ;)

Shad - we are planning 2 raised garden beds 10 foot by 3 foot which is plenty for tomatoes and assorted vegetables. There will be a 4 foot path between each bed and a 6 foot gated fence around that which should keep out all but the flying critters. F P | | P | |P F - Fence, Access Path, Bed, Access Path, Bed, Access Path. DH has thought it out well - with plenty of room to get a garden cart in between the beds. We are not planning on planting any really deep vegetables like potatoes so instead of renting a back hoe and tearing out the existing grass, we will just lay black plastic sheeting down to kill the existing greenery, put the beds in about 12 inches deep and fill in the paths with pine needle mulch of which we have plenty. I like the idea of the raised beds as we can keep the soil more loose. It's very sandy here - good for carrots and potatoes but the soil needs alot of help for other vegetables so the beds will help alot. The chain link fencing will be dug about a foot down into the dirt so that ambitious bunnies and such cannot dig under the fence. We got some videos that were very helpful in setting up the garden. It's an ambitious project tho!

DH got the treadmill set up and fixed. We were getting an error on it but thankfully it was just a circuit board he unplugged for transport and forgot to plug back in when he put it together. Which means it's time for me to work in some exercise time. I have been off with my eating and gained a few pounds - need to get back to moving and having a more healthful menu. Also need to put my computer back up on the second floor. I have the laptop in the kitchen and I do alot more stairs if I keep going up and down :lol:

Getting hungry - let's go see what's good to eat. Have a good Sunday chicks. Hello to the other Worldlies :wave:

Shad - have you come to a decision about supporting Worldly the Penquin?

annie175 05-06-2012 05:20 PM

Taking a break. Have been going at if since about 9 am. Helped paint till 2 pm then out to the yard. Cut the grass...the overturned the dirt from where I pulled sod yesterday...yes the body hurts...but not giving into it yet. Still need to vacuum the mini blinds and put them back up....Want to finish the blinds then go chop with the hoe the dirt I overturned with the shovel. Look out the window and several robins were going crazy eating at the worms that I overturned. Robins were eating like they were starved...too funny watching the masaqure (sp). Things are going as scheduled and should be ready for Dad's 85th BD party on the 9th (12th is our BDs..mine is 52..blah...I am aging to quickly for my liking.)

Didn't make it to the band last night. I was in no mood and too many aches to attend...not to mention burnt to a crisp. Highs were 85-90 yesterday....Was really sad when Baby boy called at 11:04 and asked where the H were Curtis and I. I was sad to miss my son, but could not even muster up the energy to go....I think I let several people down...my brother and SIL...my bro in the band and my SIL came. I feel like a smuck for not going, but truly could not do it. As it was Curtis and I, both woke up at about 1 am and could not sleep...we watched Golden Girls for a couple of hours. His days at work have been trifling due to the disorganization of his company. He didn't get home from work yesterday till almost 8. That makes for a long day for him. We just couldn't do the band..either of us.

Still no word from baby girl. I suppose I will have to endure not seeing my lil man for a while...this will kill me and and put me on a downhill spiral. Bad enough she is punishing me, but she knows it kills me to go more than a few days of not seeing my babe. Things like this make me want to go be with my momma. It just breaks my heart so much I can barely stand it.

CHELLE...praying for all good things for you and calling on my momma to pull you through. It will all work out for the best. I am so excited for you!! Fingers crossed, prayers said, and love.

Hey to all the rest of ya's. I am about to keal over and have a lot left to do.

Love and hugs

ceejay52 05-06-2012 05:29 PM

It's a beautiful Sunday. I've only been outside to go get something to eat. There's a lot of white floaty things in the air.

Happy
Your garden area sound good. I like the raised beds idea.

ceejay52 05-06-2012 05:34 PM

Annie
You snuck in on me. Can't blame you for not going to hear the band. Sometimes there's not enough of us or enough time to go around. Do you no t have a small garden tiller? Sometimes I miss getting my hands dirty but don't in the long run.

Shad 05-06-2012 06:30 PM

Oh Annie. No wonder you are not sleeping. As well as being a whirling dervish in the garden and house and fretting over the family tiff you are painting yourself into a corner which is not good for you. I will not have you talk about going to meet your mom - is that clear. :rollpin: :nono: All of this will blow over, but there will be a next time again and again.
Can you get in touch with the partner and discuss the matter with him? Or maybe that will cause trouble between them as well. Whatever the situation should be talked over and maybe your son might be able to help. I wish I could help more, but it's not good to interfere in family matters. I was married to a Gemini character for nearly 25 years. I know how they react. My ex used to speak or not to his family (a family at war was how I used to describe it) and it seemed that everyone else had to be the one to apologise. Not that I am suggesting you are unreasonable but sometimes you just have to go into the garden and throw things to get the system back in sync. Life is not fair. Get used to it.

Michelle - fingers crossed for a new job. Good luck. Sometimes things just gel for us. Other times we have to graft.
Sounds like you had fun with the MIL. Good start to the week.

Laura - No, I didn't get to see the footy match, but I know the score and my team won although not convincingly. As for going to a soccer match on arrival in UK - that's bizarre. I know you don't have as bigger flight time as we do, but I know that when I went over last time, I followed my normal procedure to adjust to time - change the watch, eat an appropriate meal when the next mealtime rolls around and go to bed at the normal hour. In the meantime, stay on your feet, if you sit, you sleep. Find the hotel, B&B or whatever, unpack as necessary and then take a walk to see whats in the neighbourhood. Last time in London we arrived at 5.15am and found the hotel, showered and changed. Went to the Paddington High Street and looked at shops and eventually had lunch. Then caught the Underground and went to the British Museum. Have to admit, the crowds there got at me after a while. I was too tired to appreciate the accents and colours (not to mention sometimes smells) then we walked back to the hotel. Peak hour on the underground is to be avoided at all costs. We had dinner at a local trattoria and crashed into bed early. No further jet lag.

Ceejay - hope your family appreciates all this back and forth driving you do to visit them. I would be telling them to come to see me once in a while.

Happy - I often wonder whether blokes get the no.1 haircut because they are thinning somewhat and don't think that such a short hairdo will make it more obvious if they are. This whole embrace bald thing makes me wonder about their thought processes.
Going to take you a while to get that fence up and running. Hope you get enough veges out of it to pay for the materials. I don't know how the plastic reacts over there, but I regret the day I put it in here and am now in the process of removing it where possible. The garden gurus here advocate the use of newspaper, great wads of it. It will kill off the grass and weeds because there is no light or air and will eventually rot and turn into compost. When you pour a goodly amount of soil and compost and fertiliser over the top it is just as efficient as plastic. I'm presuming your beds are going to be about 10" high - that gives the roots a good spreading area. My black plastic was only about 6 inches down and the roots don't seem to get a good grip in the areas where the plastic remains. Just my 2c worth.

Ceejay - those white floaty things - are they clouds???

Right, well DS2 said he would be here at sparrow fart to take the boat out for the last time this season. The sun is well up, I have changed my bed linen and washed it, hung it on the line, had breakfast and am about to embark on more digging in the weed patch and still he is not here. So much for first thing. Always happens when we have a new G/F
So I have a bit to achieve today, back to the office tomorrow, but in the meantime I need to do a bit of housework, run the duster and sweeper around, try to clear out some of the spare room and plan out the garden following weeding. My plan is to extend the vege patch another couple of metres and make the rose garden somewhat bigger. It really can't be called the rose garden anymore since it has the Gerbera patch in there and soon will have the spring bulbs and the other plant whose name currently escapes me again. Heliotrope - just remembered otherwise known as the cherry pie plant cos that's what it smells like. I'm planning to overplant that bed to cut down on water reticulation and weed suppression.
Having said all that, I think I have a bit to do. One more coffee should conclude breakfast and I can get on with it before the heat sets in. It is not as hot as it was, but the days are still very warm - especially if you are digging and lifting and carting stuff.

MELODY525 05-06-2012 06:32 PM

PRETEND IT'S ALREADY MONDAY MORNING..................

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...e/fb952008.gif

BUSY DAY AHEAD FOR MONDAY. SO I'M POSTING NOW.
THERE WERE PROBLEMS GALORE ALL WEEKEND IN THE BLDG. :faint:
MOST OF WHICH WERE IMPORTANT.
THE NEW TENANT LEFT ME ALONE AFTER I SAW HER AGAIN ON FRIDAY NIGHT.
GEEZ!!! BUT THIS TIME SHE GOT THE HINT BUT MADE A COMPLAINT ANYWAY..
SHE WAS TOLD ON THE PHONE THAT I AM NOT A SUPERINTENDANT OR A PERSONAL HOMEMAKER AND SHE NEEDS TO CALL HER FAMILY WHEN SHE HAS PERSONAL PROBLEMS. :encore:

ON FRIDAY I WAS TURNED DOWN FOR THE CAT-SCAN BY THE INS COMPANY.
TALKED WITH THE HOSP....HE SAID IT'S IMPERATIVE TO SEE IF THE NODES ARE GROWING AND TO DETERMINE CANCEROUS VERSUS BENIGN FOLLOW-UP TREATMENTS OR PLANS IE ON WHETHER A BIOPSY IS NECESSARY. WTF?!?!? HE SAID NOT TO LET THIS GO ANOTHER MONTH. GET ON IT RIGHT AWAY. OK....RIGHT.
I LEFT A MESSAGE WITH THE DR ALREADY. I'LL SEE WHAT HE SAYS.
CAUSE THE INS. COMPANY SAYS IT'S THE DR OFFICE'S FAULT. :dunno:
GUESS THEY HAVE TO BLAME SOMEONE!

MY ARM IS BETTER BUT NO GYMNASTICS FOR ME FOR AWHILE. HA!!
IT'S VERY HARD TO FIND THINGS TO DO THAT DON'T INVOLVE THIS ARM:tantrum:
REALLY BEGINNING TO P I S S ME OFF! :rollpin: I HAVE NO PATIENCE FOR THIS CRAPOLA (just for you Laura)
I NEED TO GO AND READ YOUR POSTS TO CATCH UP. BE RIGHT BACK=========:scooter:

************************************************** ********************************************

HAPPY.....I LOVED THE BIKE PICTURE.
REMINDED ME OF MY BROTHER & I WHEN WE HAD ENGLISH RACERS.
THEY WERE SO TALL I COULD BARELY GET ON IT!! AND WHAT ACCIDENTS I HAD!!!
ALMOST GAVE MY POOR GRAM A HEART ATTACK EVERY DAY WITH NEW BOO BOOS!!
I WAS THINKING OF YOUR MOM ALL WEEKEND AND SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS. WISH SHE WAS IN MY BLDG.
I WOULD TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER :hug: I KNOW THEY CAN BE RATHER STUBBORN AND DO HOPE YOU WIN THE BATTLE OVER A NEARBY CARDIO INSTEAD OF THE CITY.
AS FOR MY NEW TENANT: YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH THE "EXTENDED CARE FACILITY"....I SAID IT'S NOT A NURSING HOME...JUST AN APARTMENT BUILDING:rofl: GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE:crazy:
GLAD YOU ARE STOCKED UP WITH FOOD. WITH THIS CRAZY WEATHER, IT COULD SNOW IN JUNE!:hohoho:
AS FOR THE HOUSE.....YOU HAVE YOUR WHOLE LIFE! DON'T WORRY WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINGS. JUST KEEP FORGING AHEAD. GOOD WEATHER IS COMING. SPEND TIME NOT WORRYING OVER UNPACKING:hug:
NOW GET ON THAT TREADMILL!!! :tread:

LAURA....WHEN I SPOKE OF THE HEATED STONES, IT WAS A WARMER I BOUGHT THE KIDS THAT CAME WITH THE STONES. MADE BY SOME HEALTH/SPA COMPANY. I GOT IT FOR THEM PNE VALENTIONE'S DAY "belly"
WHEN I WATCH DOC MARTIN NOW I THINK OF YOU!!! HE CRACKS ME UP.
SORRY ABOUT THE FORGOTTEN TICKET AND UMBRELLA. TIRED OF ALL THIS RAIN EVEN THOUGH WE NEED IT.
IT'S GOOD OF YOU TO SHARE THE TICKET WITH THE BF'S FRIEND:hug: PAYING IT FORWARD!!!:D
LOVE THE DINNER ON THE PATIO THE OTHER NIGHT. HOW SWEET.
HOPE THE BIKE KEEPS WORKING TOLL YOU FIND ONE YOU LIKE.
I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IF THE THUNDERSHIRT WORKS ON COAL. A MILLION COMMERCIALS ARE ON THE TV STILL. LAUGHING AT THE PEEING AND FOLDING IDEA!! :rofl:
IF YOU GO TO WI....PICK ME UP......IT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT VACATION SPOT:beach:

SHAD....I WOULD RANT & RAVE ABOUT THE WELSH LADS BUT I AM 50% WELSH :rofl: BUT SOME OF MY RELATIVES FALL INTO THEIR CATAGORY AND SHOULD BE PUT ON THE PENGUIN POOP PATROL TOO! :rofl: :rofl:
AH......HOW SWEET....DIRK & PEACHES:love:
I REALLY AM SORRY ABOUT THE PHONE MIX-UP AND HOPE THIS WEEKEND MIGHT BE A GOOD ONE??
OK....I JUST SEE YOUR OTHER POST ABOUT THE NEXT 2 WEEKS AND HUNTER VALLEY LATER ON.
DURING THE WEEK IS BETTER CAUSE I HAVE JEN TO TAKE THE CALLS IF NEED BE FOR AN HOUR OR 2. MIGHT BE A BETTER IDEA. WEEKENDS LATELY ARE A FIASCO NOT ONLY FOR ALARMS BUT MY BODY :lol3: GLAD YOU GOT IDEAS FOR BABY STUFF. DON'T FORGET:nono:

CEEJAY....GLAD THE CHEST IS CLEARING UP AND YOU ARE GETTING BETTER SLEEP.
I BET THE UNCLES & AUNT MISS YOU WHEN YOU'RE NOT THERE.:hug:
BRONCHITIS CAN KNOCK THE CRAP OUT OF YOU AND ALSO ALL THE MEDS. GET REST AND DRINK WATER:hug:
OUR EARS ARE FILLED TO THE BRIM THIS SPRING. HEARING IS A PAIN.
JEN & I KEEP SAYING "WHAT?" TO EACH OTHER :lol3:
I HOPE YOUR RELATIVES TESTS COME OUT OK AND THE MEDS FOR THE THYROID WORK TOO.

ANNIE....HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME WITH THE BFF AND THE WINE:cheers:
I HATE PAINTING....GLAD I DON'T HAVE TO DO IT ANYMORE.
SEE THE WHEELCHAIR COMES IN HANDY FOR SOME EXCUSES:rofl:
I AM SENDING YOU LOVE & HUGS OVER THE SISSY THING.
HOPE THE 2 OF YOU CAN COME TO A CONCLUSION AND FAST.
IT'S THE LITTLE CRAP THAT ALWAYS GET'S BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION. SHE WILL SEE THE LIGHT I'M SURE. STAY CALM.

MICHELLE....I AM THINKING OF YOU STILL AND SENDING GOOD VIBES YOUR WAY. PRAYING THE OUTCOME OF ALL THIS WILL BE A POSITIVE RESULT:hug: DON'T TYPE CHIT ON THEIR COMPUTER. IN FACT I WOULD STOP POSTING FROM WORK AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
PART 2: I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR OF A CHANCE TO WORK IN A BETTER ENVIROMENT!
HOW COOL THAT WOULD BE AND SO NEAR TO HOME TOO!! THAT IS WONDERFUL AND I SEND YOU GOOD LUCK THOUGHTS IN HOPES IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR THE BEST. :crossed:
GLAD THE DMIL IS THERE TO HELP AND BE A FRIEND.

Shad 05-06-2012 08:23 PM

Forgot - Happy asked about Worldly Fatchick. I haven't yet made up my mind. The subscription has actually lapsed, but that won't stop them from taking the money if offered :nono: I was maybe thinking that since we are now reduced to US and Aus & NZ then I might just donate in three countries. Only problem is that I won't get the benefit in tax deductions for overseas, unless it is human oriented.
So figure out an animal in danger over in the States, let me know if you get tax deductions for donating and we will see what we can do. I will check up on other areas here. There are all sorts of animals that need our help including the RSPCA for our local furry friends. I think I am done with donating to humankind when the problem never seems to get fixed no matter how sorry I feel for those children I see on tv.

Laura705 05-07-2012 11:07 AM

Morning all. Another gray and rainy day here.

Shad - So how was your gardening day on your holiday yesterday? I hope you got a lot accomplished before it heated up. :flow1: There are so many good causes to support. This Saturday bf and his mother and I are going to a dinner/silent auction for the rescue organization from which we adopted doggy. Your local time acclimation approach is very much the same I used when traveling for work way back when - no naps, just unpack, and then get back outdoors to be in the daylight, see the sights, eat, and try to make it to the normal sleep time. Still, that first day of work was always difficult.

Mel - Sorry your weekend was full of problems. At least the needy new tenant has gotten the message about your role! Horrible that you're going to have to go 'round and 'round w/ the doc, the hospital and the insurance co to get that c-scan. :mad: But I know you'll be successful!! Now, now, you must be patient with your arm, even though it is crapola to not be able to do much with it, LOL. Thanks for that! :) Well, I guess if the stone heater is created especially for that purpose of heating the stones just to a level that they can be on skin to warm it without burning it, I suppose it must have been tested for safety. :flame: It might be fun to give something like that a try.

Ceejay - Oh the white floaty things - whatever they are they probably have pollen or some other allergen to make us allergy sufferers miserable! I left the house this morning and my eyes immediately started watering, even though I thought all the rain would have settled all that stuff and cleaned the air.

Annie - Sorry you didn't get to see your bro's band Sat. night. :( Sure sounds like you were missed! But something's gotta give. You have to be exhausted after all the physical work you did this weekend. And all the distress over the disagreement w/ dd. I'm sure it'll get resolved soon enough - you're so close, she'll put things in perspective soon enough. :yes:

Happy - Your raised garden sounds like a good plan. So the plots will be long, but just wide enough to reach in on each side to weed, water, harvest, etc.. I do like Shad's suggestion re the newspaper. I did use that one year for the veggie patch - on top of the soil - to keep the weeds down. Did a pretty good job if I recall, but being on top I believe I had to use bricks and wet it down to keep the wind from taking it. The past couple years I used weed cloth and garden pins. I never did get out yesterday to deal with the quince growth and fill in the soil - by the time I got around to that it was raining. And it wasn't too disappointing to me either, LOL. Re the buzz cut bf is doing now - Shad was right - the motivation is that it looks much better when balding gets to a certain point. Very short is good, but I don't like the fully shaved head at all. At my hair appt this week I will ask my stylist what brand of clipper is best as bf intends to make his trims a DIY process, and of course it can't just be the middle of the road brand for the gadget guy. :rolleyes: Where he's gone to have this done is very inexpensive, but I suppose the need to go every other week is sort of inconvenient. Hope you can get to Door County sometime - it's a pleasant place. I wouldn't have thought it would be further from you than from me, huh. But now you have the TIME!! And off-season would make it more affordable.

Hellos to Michelle, Mary & Patty!
---
Well, yesterday was pretty ho-hum. Newspaper, tea, a couple loads of laundry, two BE workouts, some reading, lunch, a dog walk (rain had stopped for a bit), then tv.

More rain today, and then a couple cloudy days and finally some sun! :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny: Can you tell I miss it??? :D

I slacked off on the usual errands this weekend so I suppose I might get out and do some of that in the evenings this week. In addition to clothes shopping, I am also embarking on a hunt for eyeshadow, but not the shiny/frosty kind - I want the matte kind that doesn't highlight my eyelid wrinkles!!! Anybody know of any drugstore brands that offer that?

TTFN!!

ceejay52 05-07-2012 02:05 PM

Shad
lol's on the clouds. The white floaty things come from a tree. They look like cotton balls.

Laura
Everyone deserves some time to themselves especially on the week end.
Wish I had a little fairie to come clean. Thought about the neighbor but instantly thought no--not going there again.

Mel
Sorry there were so many problems this week end. Do call the doctor about the scan.

Michelle
Sending good vibes, thoughts your way this week. Hope things work out for you.

Annie,
Did you get the gardening done this week end?
-----
Not much going on today. I was told the chemical truck would come sometime today. Glad it wan't this morning. We finally got some much needed rain. Lots of thunder and lightening during the night. Kept waking up to flashes of lightening.

MELODY525 05-07-2012 04:13 PM

http://cdn.hivehealthmedia.com/wp-co...od-100x100.jpg TODAY'S WEIGHT: 184.5 :cheer3:

I AM SO GLAD THAT I DECIDED TO TALK TO THE DR LAST MONTH AND HE WAS SUPPORTIVE OF TRYING AGAIN TO LOSE WEIGHT. WHEN I WAS SICK, SOMETHING PUT ME INTO THE LOSING MODE AGAIN AND I AM TAKING ADVANTAGE OF IT FOR AS LONG AS IT LASTS. I FELT ALL DAY LIKE I WAS WALKING ON CLOUDS :dance:

THE DAY FLEW BY. THE BOSS DIDN'T COME IN SO IT MADE MY DAY EVEN SHORTER. HANDE3D PAPERS TO THE NECESSARY PEEPS, DID 2 WASH LOADS, MAILED BILLS, CLEANED UP A BIT AND HAD JEN HELP ME REMAKE THE BED. WOULD YOU BELIEVE I FORGOT ABOUT MY HAND/ARM UNTIL I TRIED IT BY MYSLEF??? :crazy: I AM TELLING YOU ALL THAT IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE THE MEN IN WHITE COATS COME TO TAKE ME AWAY!! :lol3:

I REALLY HAD A GREAT DAY. STILL NO NEWS ON THE SCAN BUT HOPEFULLY SOON. BUT IT SEEMED NO ONE WANTED TO HEAR PROBLEMS ON A MONDAY. LOL

JEN AND I WILL GO SHOPPING FRIDAY. WE BOOKED A SEAT ON THE BUS THIS MORNING. WISH IT WAS TRADERS BUT........:dunno:

NOTHING ELSE IS NEW. HAD A GREAT LUNCH OF TURKEY BURGER ON A BED OF ROMAINE, THICK SLICES OF TOMATOE, A SQUIRT OF KETSUP AND RICE ON THE SIDE. :hun:
CAN YOU TELL I AM DETERMINED TO KEEP THE SCALE MOVING IF I CAN???:rofl: :rofl:

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT NIGHT.:cloud9: AND GOOD MORNING SHADDIE :sunny:

SHAD......I THINK IF YOU ARE THE ONE SPENDING THE MONEY FOR ALL THIS THEN IT SHOULD BE AN ANIMAL OF YOUR CHOICE!! IF I EVER HIT IT BIG THEN I WILL SAVE SOMETHING OVER HERE. :lol3: BUT IN THE MEANTIME I AM TOO POOR TO BE HELPING ANYONE INCLUDING ANIMALS. WELLLLLL.....EXCEPT FOR THE KIDS. MY KIDS THAT IS. I'M TOO BUSY DOING THAT ON AND OFF. HA!! WE HAVE SOME MEETINGS THIS WEEK AND I AM WONDERING IF NEXT WEEK WPULD SUIT YOU??? HOPING YOU WILL STILL BE HOME THEN....WAS THAT A DEFINITE???

LAURA.....I USED TO BUY ALL MY MAKEUP AT WALGREENS OR CVS. THEY USUALLY CARRY THE MATTE EYESHADOWS AND COVERGIRL USED TO HVE A LOT OF CHOICES. HAPPY HUNTING.....AND FOR CLOTHES TOO!!! :belly: ENJOY. I LIKE THE LAID BACK WEEKENDS TOO. IT'S GOOD FOR THE SOUL!!!:hug:
AND yes the rock heater thingy had a preset temp I think........ it was cheap ....like $29.99.

CEEJAY.....I THINK YOUR STORMS ARE ARRIVING HERE THIS WEEK. WE ARE GLOOMY AND RAINY ALL WEEK :cry: HOPE YOU GET TO DRY OUT. GLAD THE TRUCK DIDN'T GET THERE....GIVES YOUR POOR SINUSES A BREAK!!!:hug:

ceejay52 05-07-2012 05:26 PM

Mel
I'm so proud that you are in the weight loss mode again, and seeing results. I can't seem to get in the right frame of mind. Must be doing something right as my lab results are good. My weight flucutates 3 to 5 pounds each week.

1day@atime 05-07-2012 09:27 PM

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA... Had a crown come off last week, come to find out I have to have a root canal on that tooth. Started the process on wednesday and Thursday had a allergic reaction to the antibotics. The new antibotics are causing issues too... I'm so sensetive to medications. Anyway, work is getting better. Was able to focus and get some projects out.

Annie - Wow, send some photos of your garden. I haven't started my veggie garden, but I have planted flowers.

Laura - I like covergirl or Loreal. I use those brands on my eyes. I hope we get some rain. We were in a drought last year and this past Feb/March received lots of rain. It hasn't rain in over a month now.

Mel - way to go on the weight loss. Sorry you had to lose it while sick, but a loss is a loss. I'm sure that gives you the motivation to eat healthy.

Shad - sounds like your a busy bee with your gardent too. I just love roses and Gerbera diasy's and I can't seem to grow either one.

Ceejay - I hope the little white floaty things stayed away from you..

Michellez - I've been keeping DH in my prayers and will now pray for this job. Sending you good vibes..

Happy - Your raised garden sounds wonderful. Hope all you got was heavy rains. This weather is so unbelievable this year, makes me scared when I heard of severe weather. We need the rain, but only rain.

I hope I didn't miss anyone...

MELODY525 05-08-2012 09:30 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KJw4qPk8zN...S748/virgo.jpg

GOOD MORNING CHICKS
LOVELY CLOUDY MORNING.
GOING TO BE A RESTFUL ONE FOR ME. MAKING UP FOR THE WEEKEND.
SPENT TIME WITH JEN LAST NIGHT AND THEN GOT COZY WITH THE TV.
NOTHING NEW HERE. SILENCE REIGNS SUPREME SO FAR:beach:
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY :moped:

LAURA....YOU SNUCK UP ON ME IN SPARKS.
I HAD A GOOD LAUGH. MY MEMORY IS DEFINITELY GOING KAPUT!
I BELONG TO 2 CHALLENGES OVER THERE ONE FOR EXERCISE (Rivendell walk) AND
ONE FOR ACCOUNTABILITY ( May 1-31 buddy motivation challenge).
KEEPS ME MORE HONEST.:lol3:

CEEJAY.....I AM SURE THIS WEIGHTLOSS OF MINE IS A FLUKE FOR NOW. HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH RECOUPERATING I THINK. I USUALLY FLUCTUATE LIKE YOU DO BUT IN THE 190'S FOR ME.

PATTY....GOOD TO SEE THAT YOUR WORK IS CALMINGDOWN. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE CROWN AND THE ROOT CANAL :cry: I HATE THOSE THINGS!!!!! HOPE YOUR MOUTH FEELS BETTER. I HAVE SIMILAR PROBS WITH MEDS TOO....WHAT DOESN'T KILL YA CAN CURE YA!!:rofl:

Laura705 05-08-2012 09:54 AM

Morning all.

Ceejay - I'll be glad when the thunderstorm season is over for doggy's sake.

Mel - LOL that you forgot about the bum hand/arm. Must mean it's getting better! If I decide to keep blogging, I'll probably be switching to Sparkpeople. Having some problems on this site and there are a lot of nice tools on SP too, and I need all the help I can get. See you over there. :)

Patty - Sorry to hear about the crown and the root canal!! Especially when complicated by sensitivity to the meds. Not the pain meds I hope!! Nice that work has let up a bit for you.

Hellos to the rest of you!
---
Did a BE workout and watched DWTS last night.

I know I put a cheese stick in my backpack this morning but darned if I can find it. Otherwise I have a container of yogurt w/ a date on it of 4/20/12...As Dirty Harry would say "Do I feel lucky?" LOL.

Weight is going the wrong way. Want to think it's me building muscle, but I know I'm eating way too much.

My e-mail is goofy after IT installed the dept mailbox yesterday, as it wasn't added when I received my new laptop. I might have to have more memory added. PITA.

That's about it for me.

ceejay52 05-08-2012 10:39 AM

I'm very angry right now at my bosses. They've accused me of overflowing one of the elevated tanks yesterday. There was no cause for it to do this unless it was a malfunction of the tank itself. I didn't run any of the pumps on hand. The tank was staying close to full yesterday due to the heavy rain. My boss/friend did tell me that the power blinked on that side of town yesterday. I'd wondered about that cause I had to reset my ADT recorder.I' m so glad that I keep notes pertaining to the plant monitoring system.

Sorry for the rant.

happy2bme 05-08-2012 11:28 AM

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't get her yesterday. Started doing some stuff and then DH suggested we go out and run some errands and before I know it, the day escaped me. I have picked up a few potted flowers here and there as we go about and decided that's going to be my flower "garden" this year. Pots on the deck. Easy to water and tend to and I don't have to worry about putting out good money only to find I have provided a tasty snack for the wildlife. I guess the deer like to chomp down pretty much anything that grows.

I also have to finish up the data entry for the museum - got one calendar done, should work on the other. And I have 2 library books I need to read. I thought I would have time to do all this stuff and the days are going as fast as when I was working!

Heard you talking about Sparkpeople. It's been a long time since I was there but it was a good website from what I remember. Will have to check it out. I think it's time to let go of my Weight Watchers subscription that I never use.

Ceejay - sorry to hear that they are giving you a hard time at work today. As you say, keep good notes - never know when you have to defend yourself.

Laura - I have found with the yogurt that as long as it's refrigerated properly, it lasts longer than a week past it's good by date. Unless it's separated and runny, I give it the sniff test. I think I've gone as far as 3 weeks past the date but I definitely chuck anything a month old. Better go digging for that cheese stick before you forget you had it in the bag :lol: DH was telling me this morning that he really enjoyed Dancing With the Stars last night. Said this is the best season ever. I'd still rather watch the Food Network :lol:

Mel - glad things were quiet for you. CONGRATS on moving that scale down :yay: I know how hard you have to work to get it to nudge even a bit so good for you! Just watch where you fling those pounds as it seems they come out our way :lol: Keep up the good work.

Patty - sorry to hear about the tooth problems. That is really a pain when you are sensitive to antibiotics - as much hassle as being sensitive to foods. Really limits the treatments and recovery. Hope you are feeling better. Yes, the weather has been crazy everywhere, I'm glad we are not in the path of the tornadoes and such although I have heard even up here we can get them.

Shad - not sure who to recommend for your donations - if it were me I'd find one or two local animal rescue organizations. God bless these people who go in and find these abandoned or mistreated animals. I agree with you about supporting the animals over the humans as unpopular a stance as that might be. :shrug: ;)

Michelle- still sending good thoughts that things work out in your favor :hug:

Annie - hope Sissy getting over being mad and realizing what a great Mom she has in you :hug:

DH is working hard on the garden - I should be out there helping him but I really need to be working in here. :(

So I'd better get off the computer and get busy. Later chicks.

diyana 05-08-2012 11:46 AM

Hi everyone -

Just a quick check in....John's in the hospital having an angiogram procedure done (actually, he should be out of the procedure and in recovery now), where they thread a catheter up through the femoral artery in the groin and see if there are any blockages in any of the arteries. They are also going to check the veins to see if he has pulmonary hypertension. The cardiologist doesn't think John has any heart issues (of course today's procedure will confirm that), but all the docs are concerned that John is still very weak, tired and short of breath all the time.

As for me, I'm at work, trying to stay focused. From 2-3, I have my meeting with my director to receive my improvement plan. I'm hoping that it will be realistic and achievable. No phone calls yet from the other company, but my fingers are crossed :crossed: and I'm praying.

Oh, and I'm coming down with a sore throat that I hope doesn't turn into a respiratory infection...can't be all the stress I've been under running my immune system down now can it? Nah. Stress? What stress? :rofl: :rofl:

I hope you're all doing well.

Much love to all,

Shad 05-08-2012 05:32 PM

Working from home today because the man is coming to fix the Foxtel. He is supposed to be here between 2 and 5pm. Who is going to lay bets on the exact time???

Michelle - I hope John is okay now and they didn't find too much wrong but manage to help the breathing easier. He has been in this place for far too long now.
:crossed: for the new job.

Happy - you are beginning to sound like Ruthxxx - retired and busier than ever. Hope the calendar is going okay and you will be finished by whatever deadline required.
Pots on the verandah sound nice.

Ceejay - rant away. We can take it. It bugs me that these bosses can toss out the blame when they don't even have all the salient facts.

Laura - hope you find the cheese stick before it melts over the bag. Then you will find it fairly fast. Bugs me that all bags now seem to have a black interior. It is just about impossible to find anything in there without a bright light or tipping it upside down.

Mel - good to hear that it is quiet in your world. That makes a change. Hope you haven't spoken too soon.
Oh yes. I will be here this week and next week. Then it is away to the mines for probably most of June and July. I may not even be home some weekends. So we need to talk shortly.

Patty - good to hear from you. Yep need to get the garden in some sort of shape before I go away again. Don't know that I will plant many veges until I get my itinerary since I may not be home for weekends that often.
Hope the tooth is feeling better today.

Right, time to shower and get on with my day. Will need to get in touch with the hairdresser and see if I can get the wool shorn AGAIN.

annie175 05-08-2012 09:07 PM

Work puter is a piece of poo. Getting a new laptop tomorrow. Couldn't access anything so the past two days at work have been useless.

This puter sucks also. We are thinking of get a new laptop. Heck I don't know.

CHELLE..hope you and John are doing much better. Yikes on the weakness of John, but sometimes those pesky respitory illness take a long time to recoup. You take care of you and get some meds before it gets to far gone.

Hello to all you girliesl Things are a lil better with the Sam..time will tell.

Got a little more trimming to do yet. Pattie...will get pix of the garden, haven't planted yet. Just getting the ground in shape for planting right now. Maybe in the next few days or this weekend.

Sleep well all/have a wonderful day Shaddie.

Love and hugs.

1day@atime 05-08-2012 09:34 PM

Hello Ladies,

One of my new goals is to get in the office early and get out on time. So far so good. Cold front came through this morning, it's 69, cloudy and cool. I won't complain, last week it was in the 80's and humid. Back yard is shaping up, I should be ready to host Mother's Day BBQ at my house. I wanted to get some new bright cushions, but I just can't see spending $ 50.00 on a loveseat cushion & 25 each on chair cushions. I guess the ones I have will do. Oh, the temporary crown came off again. Going back to dentist in the AM, this time I am demanding a New temporary and not glueing this one.

Michellez - I'm keeping John in prayer. I pray that you all get good news. Keeping you in prayers too regarding work plan and new job. I know that can be so stressful. I have a new Director, so curious to see what my mid-year review will look like.

Shad - what is a foxtel? He'll probably call at 3:30pm to tell ya he will be there at 4pm..

Happy - Keeping busy is a good thing! My mother is 80, she goes line dancing twice a week, keeps house, cooks for her and my dad. I see her and I think the KEY is staying busy. I am with you on watching Food Network vs Dancing w/Stars. What is your favorite program?

Annie - new puter is good.. be sure and back up what you have.

Ceejay - oh, that would of really gotten me mad. I hope you can show all the backup and prove to them it wasn't you.

Laura - What is a BE workout? My numbers too are going the wrong way.. I know mine are too many calories in and not burning enough.

Mel - I hope your had a restful day.

Shad 05-08-2012 11:06 PM

Help - he arrived at 1.00pm. No phone call to check whether I would be here or not. Just arrive at the gate.

MELODY525 05-09-2012 07:51 AM

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...33bd606ho3.jpg

MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD

THE DR CALLED LAST NIGHT AND WANTS TO COME FOR THE MONTHYLY CHECK UP TODAY. NEED TO JUMP IN THE SHOWER AND GET DRESSED.
HE NEVER GIVES A TIME....JUST A DATE :faint:
THAT WILL KEEP ME OUT OF THE OFFICE ANOTHER DAY!:rofl:
NOTHING REALLY NEW HERE. JUST A QUIET DAY AND I WAS HAPPY.
HOPE YOU ALL HVE A GREAT DAY:moped:

CEEJAY....I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ACCUSATIONS.
HOPE IT'S ALL STRAIGHTENED OUT BY NOW.
GOOD THING YOU TAKE GOOD NOTES AND ARE AN HONEST EMPLOYEE:hug:
DON'T LET IT RUIN THE WEEK. FIND A CALM PLACE IN YOUR MOND AND GO THERE :yoga:

HAPPY.....I CAN JUST SEE THE DEER MARCHING UP TO THE PORCH FOR DINNER.
EACH POT WILL BE A DIFFERENT COURSE!!:lol3:
THERE ARE PLANTS THAT WILL REPEL THE DEER OR SO I HAVE HEARD ON TV GARDENING PROGRAMS.
I THINK THE POTS ARE A GREAT IDEA FOR YOUR FIRST SUMMER.
YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO DO WITH THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW. GOOD CHOICE:hug:

MICHELLE...SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE JOHN AND THE SORE THROAT TOO.
HOPE BOTH OF YOU ARE DOINGBETTER TODAY.
KEEP US POSTED ON JOHN'S TESTS.
SENDING PRAYERS YOUR WAY FPOR THE MEETING AND PLAN.
PLEASE GOD LET IT BE REALISITIC!!:angel:

SHAD.....HOW DID THE FOXTEL REPAIR GO? AND WHAT IS A FOXTEL?? PHONE LINE?
YES I AM WORKING ON A DATE....I SHOULD HAVE DONE IT YESTERDAY BUT I AM WAITINGFOR THE INS COMPANY TO CALL AND THE DR'S OFFICE TO STRAIGHTEN THIS OUT WITH MY SCAN.
THIS FRIDAY ARVO (MINE) MIGHT BE A GOOD ONE. ya think?
PART 2: SO HE CAME EARLY?!?!?! ROFL
I BETTER GET SHOWERED...MAYBE THE DR WILL DO THAT TO ME ALSO!!!

ANNIE....GLAD THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER WITH SAM.
SENDING YOU A HUG:hug: HAPPY GARDENING!!

PATTY.......I AM GLAD TO SEE YOU CAN MANAGE YOUR TIME AT WORK BETTER.
LIFE AND TIME OFF IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH :hug:
HOPE THE CROWN STAYS ON...ESPECIALLY OVER THE WEEKEND!!
HAVE A NICE BBQ FOR MOTHER'S DAY. :hun:
COLORFUL CUSHIONS WOULD BE LOVELY BUT EVERYTHING IS SO EXPENSIVE NOW. SAD REALLY.

diyana 05-09-2012 10:11 AM

Hi everyone -

My meeting yesterday went pretty much as expected. They're trying to get me out...and there's not much I can do. I'll go above and beyond what they ask though...and see what happens, all the while keeping my options open.

John's test came out PERFECTLY! He's got a clean bill of health in terms of his heart. Now hopefully his lungs will heal soon so he can start enjoying life again.

Much love to all,
Michelle

Laura705 05-09-2012 10:43 AM

Morning all.

Michelle – Glad dh’s tests went well yesterday. So long for him to have breathing problems and weakness – that lung illness really did a job on him!! I hope that your sore throat doesn’t lead to anything nasty for you – you two have had enough!! Sorry the improvement plan is a farce. Still praying and :crossed: re that other opportunity.

Shad – Hope the Foxtel is back in good working order. I guess it’s good that he arrived early so that you weren’t tied to the house for the rest of the day – good thing you were home!! My backpack actually has a silver lining (ha, that sounds funny), and so do two of my purses (identical style, one black, one brown). What a difference it makes!

Ceejay – I hope the bosses have the real story now and they know you’re not at blame. I’d be angry as heck too!

Happy – Pots on the deck sound convenient, and you have all the years ahead to plant flower beds. I’m lucky that the house we bought already had a lot of perennials (peonies, phlox, daylilies, daffodils) and so I just do some pots around the patio and that’s enough for me. I guess my interest in gardening is limited to the armchair and observer levels. :D

Mel – Another quiet day – good for you. Hope the doc visit goes well. Have a good market trip tomorrow. Love the graphic today! :)

Patty – My mom in MO has had some temps in the 80’s too – pretty warm for May!! Hope you have good weather for your Mother’s Day BBQ. I’m always surprised by the price of decorative pillows and cushions, but I shouldn’t be. When I think I can do it DIY for less $$, by the time the cost of the fabric and other materials are figured, it’s not that much less. And we have to consider the fact that the fabric used for the outdoor furniture has to be sturdy to stand up to the sun and weather...I hope the new temp crown fits better and stays in place! BE is Body Electric, and it’s an exercise show with Margaret Richard as the host. Its focus is strength training. It's shown on PBS. Although I love the show, it’s been in a sort of decline the past several years and fewer PBS stations air it because new series of shows have not been produced in many years. Obtaining funding for new shows is difficult, and I understand that production is now more expensive due to the need to close-caption the shows. I like the show because you can make most of the moves as challenging as you need to through the use of hand/ankle weights. I've recorded a lot of the shows and saved them to dvd's.

Annie – I heartily agree - computers can be a real PITA. My e-mail was all goofy yesterday and the issue finally got resolved around mid-afternoon – what a waste of most of the day. Glad things are going somewhere with dd.

===
So the cheese stick didn’t turn up yesterday. Unsolved mystery, lol. The yogurt didn’t cause any problems and tasted alright. I took the peach flavor (the older container, lol) and I don’t care much for peach. I don’t care much for fruit on the bottom period – too sweet – so I just leave it there. Lately I’ve just bought vanilla and added fruit or crunchy cereal to it. This was a store brand of a Greek-style yogurt. I suppose I’d try the Greek kind again, but not peach.

So as I mentioned to Annie – yesterday was sort of unproductive due to the e-mail problem, grrr. Today will be better!

I did one BE show last night (triceps, inner & outer thighs, and quads) and afterwards 50 ab crunches on the ball.

Tonight I’m going to the movies (day changed this week). We’re seeing “The Five Year Engagement”, which is supposed to be a good romantic comedy (for a change).

That’s about it for me. Oh, except to tell you that now I really need to buy some new eyeshadow. The lid of my current one came off (it had been broken and no, I didn’t bother to rubber-band it) and so a large chunk of cream-colored shadow got gouged out and made a mess of my makeup bag. Spent a large amount of my train commute wiping down the bag and everything in it – thank goodness for wet wipes! (That shadow is now in the garbage.)

Now I'm done. Have a great day/evening everyone! :flow1:

happy2bme 05-09-2012 12:06 PM

Good morning all,

The little butterflies have found my potted flowers this morning and are dancing all over them. DH tried to get a picture but the wind is blowing the flowers which blurs them and the butterflies don't sit too long in any one spot. But it's pretty neat looking. Yesterday I was sitting on the couch and watching the bunny races. We have a pair of bunnies that were chasing each other back and forth across the yard. DH said they were doing this all day long while he was out there. I know from previous experience this is their courtship ritual. I've noticed as we drive around that things are greening up and some of the flowering trees are budding so there's bits of color here and there. Spring is in the air up north. It's going to be pretty nice for the upcoming week - I sure hope the weather holds up for my family's visit in a week and a half. It's much nicer when it's sunny and dry out :D

Laura - that's wierd about the cheese stick gone missing. I agree with you on the peach yogurt - I like it in a smoothie but not a fan of eating it alone. If you get plain Greek yogurt and mix it with fruit or granola on your own, you cut out a ton of sugar. Ugh on the broken eye shadow case. I have some of the BareEssentials mineral makeup and it seems that the covers crack over time so I've got several in my vanity drawer instead of my makeup case because that stuff's too expensive to find opened and spilled all over :lol: Hope you find another eye shadow you like. I go by color more than being loyal to one particular brand.

Michelle - so glad to hear that DH's heart is ok. He's been sick for so long, how frustrating that they can't find the source and treat it by now. I'm very sorry to hear that they are pushing you out the door at work. :hug: Certainly not what you need with all the other stressors you have going on in your life right now. It's so frustrating when you are a good worker, give them your all and it doesn't really matter. Perhaps as we used to joke at my old place - you need pictures AND video of certain people to hang on to your job - at least that's how we explained those who were basically useless who continued to not only keep their manager jobs but get a bonus to boot. I hope something comes through for you soon.

Mel - hope you got a good bill of health from the doctor. He has to be pleased that you are losing some weight and you have to be less stressed avoiding the office as much as possible and pushing back when they try to take advantage of you. You are right about the deer repellant flowers - not so much of a repellant as much as the critters don't find them tasty. There's alot of hungry creatures out here who would make fast work of an easy meal wherever they can get it. Between living in a cold zone / short growing season and the deer - it really limits what we can grow here. Maybe I can just go to the craft store and get some silk flowers artfully arranged :rofl:

You ladies talked about daffodils which are in full bloom in spots here. They look so pretty with the pink flowering trees. I saw a few tulips but not many and the ones I did see were kind of sad looking.

Patty - you are so right about the lawn cushions. We should replace ours also but it's like buying lawn furniture all over again. :yikes: Best time to get them is end of season closeout sales but then you take the risk that things are mismatched or don't have all the pieces you need. So you are hosting Mother's Day? A BBQ sounds like fun, especially if everyone brings a dish along. I totally agree with you that staying active in your senior years is what keeps people more healthy. My Mom and her sister are living proof of that. As for the Food Network, right now my guilty pleasure is the show "Chopped". Not sure why, I don't really learn any cooking lessons from it and I was thinking last night, I have to look at shows that will teach me techniques now that we are too far away to take cooking classes.

Annie - hope the new computer goes smoothly. Getting a new laptop is a good idea but eventually those bog down too or maybe it's just that you get used to them being faster and eventually they seem to slow down. Sounds like you are a bit tired - maybe you and Curtis should plan something fun for the upcoming holiday weekend. Something more fun than digging up the garden.

Shad - Foxtel??? - ahhh the cable people :lol: Yes, they are pretty independent and you are at their mercy. Hopefully they took care of whatever you called them for. Sounds like you will be doing more travelling for work in the upcoming months. Why would you be away for longer bouts - are you going farther out?

Ceejay - hope things have calmed down at work and they realize they spoke out of turn. How's the bronchitis?

Time for me to get on with the day. Have a good one chicks. :wave:

ceejay52 05-09-2012 04:23 PM

I think the bosses like to ruffle my feathers. Then they are shocked to see all the notes I have and say nothing else about it. I've calmed down.

Happy
Bronchitis is gone except for some stuff still in my throat. This too will pass. I need to get busy and get some potted plants. I like petunia's. I've been eyeing an orchid at Walmart's.
I like watching the hummbing birds and butterflies.

Michelle
Glad to hear that dh's test came back good. Reminds me that I need to schedule another stress test and ekg. Still sending you good vibes.

Laura
Did you find that missing cheese stick? Good job on the BE work outs.

Mel
Did the doctor come today?

Patty
Mother's day BBQ sounds like a winner. I'm going to miss being at my aunt's on mother's day as I have to work.

Annie
Ouch on the computer taking a dive. How much more gardening will you do before putting in the plants?

annie175 05-09-2012 09:11 PM

Evening all...

Well my puter at work was not the problem. The new laptop had the same issues accessing just about anything. Come to find out about half the office has the same problems. I was the only one to call and report an issue until today. That is why I.T. decided it was my laptop. BTW...our I.T. department is in Greenbay. This is all done by remote access by a puter geek and the phone. It is our network in the office causing all the trouble...what are they going to do to fix it...probably nuttin much. We are the red headed step children of Humana's entire corporation.

Going to try to get the garden in this weekend. Got to get the plants first, already have the seeds for some of it.

Chelle...just keep doing your best and then when the time comes you can know you did your best and the heck with them. Hugs and prayers sister. Very glad DH got the good health on the heart...now let's get him healthy and don't forget to take care of you.

Ceeg...bosses at work just pee me off sometimes. I was to shout and choke them. Good for you watching your own back by taking notes.

Happy...just love the butterflies on the flowers, also love it when the hummingbirds return to my feeder. I guess they might show up if I fill it up for the season and put it out...lol

Laura...I tell you Yoplait makes the bestest greek yogurt on earth. It truly tastes like ice cream to me. YUM

MELLIE...I think the doctor just comes to visit with you to keep you B*TT out of the office and taking care of you....glad he is doing it. See he has a plan...lol

Patty...shuuwee on the temp crown. I just went around and around on the temp crown thing and the permanent crown...I feel for you sista.

Shad...did you get the cable issues fixed? Did the guy know what he was doing? I know one thing, they sure do not care where the put a hole in the wall and put an ugly faceplate on it.

Curtis and I took Dad out to dinner tonight. We went to Licoln Square Restaurant. Their speciality is mediterian food and Greek food. I, however had a bed of spinach leaves with mandarin oranges, strawberries, walnuts, apple, a bit of feta cheese, and balsamic dressing. So yummy. Curtis had black forrest fried pork chops, mashed potatos with mushroom gravy and salad. Dad had fried perch, baked potato and salad. Rolls and dessert came with the dinners, of which I had none. None of the is neither Greek or mediteranian but so dang good. Then we took dad home, visited a while, then a light bulb came on in Curtis' head. He left his glasses on the table at the restaurant. Went back and picked them up. Came home and here I am typing. Not too exciting nite.

Better get my jammies on and kick back before bed time.

Love, hugs and prayers.

MELODY525 05-10-2012 08:28 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SWgOsxAFR5...e_happy_02.jpg

GOOD MORNING HAPPY CHICKS!

THE WHOLE BALLGAME CHANGED YESTERDAY WITH JUST ONE PHONE CALL FROM THE BIG CHEESE. AS I PREDICTED...LOTS OF RED FACES RESULTING FROM THE LAST INSPECTION. BIG BOSS HAD TO DEMAND A RE-INSPECTION. TWICE. GOT TURNED DOWN TWICE. WENT OVER EVERYONE'S HEADS AND NOW EVERYONE ELSE RUNNING AROUND DOING THE THINGS THEY HAVEN'T DONE FOR THE LAST 12 YEARS. I COULDN'T HELP BUT GLOAT A LITTLE INSIDE. THEY NEVER LEARN. EVEN HIM.

AS FOR THE DR VISIT. HE WILL NOT RELEASE ME UNTIL THE SCAN IS DONE AND HE IS FURIOUS ABOUT ME GETTING TURNED DOWN. HE TOOK ALL THE PAPER WORK AND SAID HE'D GET IT PASSED ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. HE'S VERY UPSET THAT THEY WOULD LEAVE A WOMAN IN A CHAIR WITH A SERIOUS DISORDER WHO HAS NODES IN HER LUNGS OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN UNTESTED. HE SAID IT'S NEGLIGENT AND HE'S GOING TO USE THAT WORD. HOPEFULLY HE WILL GET RESULTS.

IN THE MEANTIME I EXPLAINED THE SITU AT WORK......I AM ALLOWED TO WORK A LITTLE BIT FOR AN EXTRA CHECK. HE FOUND ME OUTSIDE THE OFFICE AND WAS OBSERVING ME THRU THE FRONT DOOR WITH 2 MEN. TOLD ME HE COULDN'T WAIT TO GET ME UPSTAIRS & SLAP A BP CUFF ON ME. :rofl:
THE BP WAS STILL TOO HIGH OF COURSE WITH THE AGGRAVATION. HE CAN SEE ME HAVING TO PHASE OUT THE OFFICE BIT BY BIT. THE BODY JUST WILL NOT COOPERATE AND BP MEDS JUST AREN'T FOR ME.....IF AT ALL POSSIBLE POSSIBLE. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THIS IS WHAT THEY CALL "SITTING" BP NUMBERS. IT'S NOT DUE TO PHYSICAL EXERTION AND CONSTANT "STRESS" BP NUMBERS LIKE THIS ARE JUST TOO HIGH.
SO...........
HE SAID WE CAN DISCUSS IT MORE NEXT MONTH. HE'S GIVING ME ANOTHER MONTH TO SEE HOW I PROGRESS... OR NOT.
HE'S REALLY GIVING ME TIME TO MENTALLY ADJUST....I KNOW HIM TOO WELL. HE CAN'T FOOL ME. :lol3:
OTHER THAN THAT....THINGS ARE GOOD AND I FEEL GOOD.
HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT DAY :moped:

MICHELLE...I AM SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR HOW THE MEETING WENT. WISH I HAD SOME WORDS OF WISDOM TO IMPART. WILL SND GOOD THOUGHTS AND KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR SOMETHING BETTER TO COME ALONG. :crissed: :hug:

LAURA....HOPE THE E-MAIL SITUATION GOT RESOLVED. I MUST HAVE MISSED THE MISSING CHEESE STICK!!:rofl: AND YOU HAD BETTER GET YOUR BUTT OUT AND GET SOME EYESHADOW. WE CANNOT HAVE ONE OF OUR CHICKS OUT THERE WITH NAKED EYES! I AM SURE ANNIE HAS TONS OF IT AND CAN SHARE:lol3: HOPE TODAY AT WORK IS BETTER :hug:

HAPPY.... I WOULD ASSUME THAT SILK FLOWERS ARTFULLY ARRANGED WOULD BE SAFE...THEY SEEM TO BE AN ACQUIRED TASTE:rofl: :rofl: YOU ARE TOO FUNNY! I LOVED THE VISUAL OF THE DANCINGBUTTERFLIES ON YOUR PLANTS. MUST BE A WONDERFUL SIGHT. WE HAVE SO FEW TO WATCH HERE. I CAN SEE YOU WILL BE IN CRUNCH TIME WITH THE FAMILY'S ARRIVAL SO NEAR. GOOD LUCK!!!

CEEJAY....SO GLAD YOU HAVE CALMED DOWN. THEY NEED TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO BLAME NOW :rofl: KEEP THOSE NOTES COMING!! THAT'S A GREAT IDEA.

ANNIE....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE COMPUTER WOES. GOD KNOWS I DREAD STUFF LIKE THAT. :cry: HOPE YOU RED-HEADED KIDS GET ADOPTED BY THE PARENT COMPANY:rofl: FUNNY BUT NOT FUNNY I KNOW. ALSO HOPE THEY CAN FIX THE PROBLEM. SENDING YOU A GOOD THOUGHT TODAY AS WELL :hug:

SHAD....I AM SORRY BUT TODAY AND TOMORROW ARE NO GOOD. DOOR REPAIR MEN ARE SCHEDED FOR BOTH AFTERNOONS. I AM GOING TO HAVE TO TALK TO THE BOSS ON MONDAY WHEN HE COMES AND TELL HIM I NEED ONE DAY FULL OFF ENTIRELY. WHAT DAY NEXT WEEK WOULD BE THE BEST FOR YOU??? HOPE THE MONERS ARE BEHAVING:hug:

ceejay52 05-10-2012 10:18 AM

Getting ready to leave in a few minutes to drive to Jonesboro, Ar to the dermatologist. My neighbor may get the proverbial rug pulled out from under her today. She has the audacity to want to meet a friend that's coming from another city in AR to a doctor in Jonesboro. I'm not driving her all over town cause she has no idea where to go, I'm supposed to use my mental telepathy to find out where. Don't think so. I'm not going to invite her next time. I could have spent the night with bff and played with her gd. Oh well live and learn.

Mel
Too cute that the doctor was observing you.

More later.

happy2bme 05-10-2012 11:07 AM

Good morning ladies,

It's going to be an absolutely gorgeous day out today. I have to hurry and finish my work inside so I can get out there and enjoy the day. This morning we had a giant moth - almost as big as the palm of my hand - sitting right outside the door sunning itself on the deck. I named it Mothzilla. :lol: Always something to see out here. We hear the hummingbirds are coming back to town and we will have to make a feeder with orange halfs to attract the Baltimore Oriole birds who are a gorgeous orange and black bird.

Mel - hope you are going to heed the doctor's advice. I am living proof of getting that blood pressure down. Even when you don't think the aggrivation is affecting you, it does. Simply from sheer frustration as to how those people can be such dummies all the time. You need to find something to get involved in so you don't miss the office too much :lol: Maybe you can mentor someone else on moving things along down there.

Annie - speaking of yogurt ice cream, have you ever put the a container of your favorite brand in the freezer? People were saying it was delicious. I guess that would be a handy way of extending out stuff that was getting close to expiration too.

Ceejay - I like Petunias too - some of the Proven Winner brand come in the most beautiful brilliant colors. I just don't like having to pinch off the spent blossoms on those. Shad can give you some advice on growing orchids.

It got really cold last night. I had kept a clear plastic shower curtain I wasn't using and had to find it in the basement and make a makeshift greenhouse last night for my potted flowers. DH told me a bumblebee had decided to lay in the flowers as his final resting place yesterday afternoon. He had warned me about bringing the flowers inside which I typically do if it gets near freezing at night. I guess everything did well as it looks ok today.

Anyway I'm not spending alot of time on here if I want to get outside so saying hello to the rest of the chicks. Happy Thursday. I'm excited our little movie theater in town is getting Dark Shadows tomorrow. I can't wait to see that movie!

annie175 05-10-2012 11:34 AM

Mornin Ladies...

MESSAGE FOR TODAY: EAT MORE HOSTESS PRODUCTS. Hostess in Indiana has til next Tuesday to find a buyer or resolve the issues with the union, or the judge is going to close the doors on the bankruptcy issue. Praying for a good outcome. Could use your good thoughts and prayers also...

FINALLY, the puters at work are fixed. It was definitely a network problem. Only a 20 minute fix once you get the right person on the line. Sheesh. Now the entire office is accessing sites they shouldn't...lol

Will come back later today or tonight to finish posting.

Loves and hugs.,

Laura705 05-10-2012 12:52 PM

Morning all.

Annie - My thoughts and prayers are with you and C. for a good outcome re his employer. Glad the computers are fixed now. :) I'll have to try the yoplait greek yogurts. Your salad sounded really delish!! :hun:

Happy - Glad your makeshift greenhouse worked out. I put a couple hanging pots outside last weekend - I overwintered them and they are looking very scraggly. Hoping there's no more frosty weather - it'd be a shame they survived in primative conditions in the basement all winter only to succumb to late spring frost. And I have a couple more pots to move outside also... Enjoy your day outside.

Ceejay - Hope you're having a good trip to Jonesboro.

Mel - Hope the doc gets the situation w/ the scan straightened out. I'm glad he's on your side! Looked at some eye shadow yesterday at CVS at lunchtime but with a lot of them, I couldn't tell which ones were matte vs. shiny. One I found is Physicians Formula, might try that so I don't have to walk around w/ naked eyelids, LOL.

:wave: Hellos to Shad, Michelle, Patty and Java! :wave:
---
The movie "Five Year Engagement" was definitely better than the average romantic comedy. I enjoyed it, but it was a wee bit too long for me...my pet peeve. Jason Segal - meh. I don't have a great memory, but his character seemed a lot like the one in "Forgetting Sara Marshall". If the main character is going to show his arse and other naked parts, I'd prefer to have the actor be better looking and in better shape. Looking forward to seeing "The Avengers"! Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner - what more could you want??!!

Tonight is a hair appt. Touch up, no cut.

That's about it for me. TTFN.

MELODY525 05-10-2012 03:30 PM

http://thebayattic.files.wordpress.c...card.jpg?w=510

I WAS GOING TO POST THIS TONITE BUT THE DOOR MEN ARE HERE ALREADY. GOT THEM STARTED AND TOLD THEM I
D BE RIGHT BACK. OK
I DID 2 LOADS OF WASH AND PUT THEM AWAY. SPENT TIME WITH JEN. THEN SHE LEFT AND I WENT OUTSIDE FOR A FEW MINUTES OF OUR DISAPPEARING SUNSHINE. SUPPOSED TO BE NICER TOMORROW.
THE BUILDING STINKS OF OIL BASED ENAMEL PAINT. PU!! THE OLD GRAY FLOORS NEEDED PAINTING IWORK ROOMS DOWNSTAIRS AND SOME DOORS THROUGHOUT THE BLDG. WHAT A FRIGGING MESS.
ANYWAY....NOTHING NEW HERE CEPT THE NURSE CALLED CAUSE THE DR FORGOT TO ASK HOW I LOST THE WEIGHT AND WAS IT THE PROGRAM WE HAD DISCUSSED. HE WANTED TO MAKE SURE I LOST IT ON PURPOSE AND NOT CAUSE SOMETHING IS WRONG. :rofl: HE MAKES ME LAUGH.
TOMORROW IS FOOD SHOPPING AND THE DOOR GUYS. DAY 3 OF FOUR.
PRAYING THEY FINISH FRIDAY NIOTE AND AREN'T COMING BACK SUNDAY. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A VERY HAPPY FRIDAY. GOOD THING I'VE BEEN COOKING IN ADVANCE...I HAVE LOTS OF FOOD THAT JUST NEEDS REHEATING. :hun:
SWEET DREAMS & GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE.

CEEJAY....LIVE & LEARN IS RIGHT. NEXT TIME YOU CAN HAVE A MUCH BETTER & HAPPIER TIME. SAD HOW WHEN WE TRY TO HELP OUT OTHERS THEY END UP TAKING ADVANTAGE :hug: ENJOY YOUR FRIDAY :encore:

HAPPY.....MOTHZILLA!! OMG THAT CRACKED ME UP NO END!!:rofl: :rofl:
GLAD THE PLANTS MADE IT THRU THE NIGHT. GOOD IDEA USING THE SHOWER CURTAIN. SMART COOKIE AREN'T YA?!?!?!

I CANNOT WAIT TILL EVERYONE SEE YOUR HOUSE AND PROPERTY. HOPE MOM IS DOING WELL. HOW IS SHE BEEN SINCE COMING HOME???
SENDING HER GOOD THOUGHTS TOO:hug:

ANNIE.....I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HOSTESS BUSINESS.
I REMEMBER WHEN JEN & I LIVED ON HOSTESS PRODUCTS. HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANY IN YEARS AND JEN & RICHIE GAVE THEM UP NOW TOO.
BUT I DO HOPE THINGS GET SETTLED AND CURT IS OK:hug:
MAKE SURE THEY HANDLE YOUR PC PROBLEMS CAUSE WE NEED YA HERE!!!

annie175 05-10-2012 03:42 PM

Laura...I use Covergirl Eyehancers 3 kit shadow in shimmering sands color.

It is medium brown, light brown and light pink. I put the med brown on the lower lid..med brown on middle of lid and light pink on upper lid.

They have other shimmering colors too.

Cafe au lait - light brown/light tan/light pink
Golden Sunset - light brown,light gold/cream
Sea Glass - Tan/light green/cream
Dance Party - light pink/tan/dark pink

Hope this helps.

diyana 05-10-2012 04:53 PM

Annie - So sorry to hear about C's job. Sending many, many prayers his way for a good outcome. Sending much love to both of you as well. Thanks for the eyeshadow recommendations. It's been ages since I've worn makeup...and I really should get back to it - definitely for interviewing at least (hopefully one or two or more will be scheduled soon)!

Ceejay - I hope the trip to Jonesboro is a good one!

Happy - I've got to start working in the yard. This weekend will be mowing and if I have any energy or back left after that, I'll do some planting. It sucks that I'm trying to fend off a cold just when planting time comes around.

Time to head home....I'll post more tomorrow (or later if I can snag the iPad out of DH's hands for a few minutes). My plans for this evening involve getting home, fixing an easy dinner, showering and being in bed asleep by 6:30 or 7 (to try and knock this cold out).

Much love,

Laura705 05-10-2012 05:54 PM

Mel - Hope the shopping and the door work goes smoothly! You're lucky to have your doc looking out for you. :)

Annie - Thanks for the shadow recommendations - I'm gonna check those out. Heck, I bet I even have a coupon so I can save some money.

Michelle - Sorry you've got a cold. I hope the extra sleep helps, and that you're able to do everything you plan over the weekend. Early bedtime sounds good to me right now, but I have a hair appointment first dang it! :yawn: