April Antics and Adventures in the Land of the Worldlie Chicks

You're on Page 2 of 16
Go to
  • Happy - Thanks for setting up the new thread! I love the title.

Annie - I took a couple naps and watched some good TV during my busy weekend, so yes, there was a little Chelle time.

DH and I had a very quiet anniversary (17 years) yesterday. He really was having a bad breathing day and was very tired/weak...so he slept most of the day, and I fixed him a nice dinner and made him cookies.

I got my hair trimmed and colored (to cover the gray and make me a little blonder) on Saturday. I also ran a lot of errands while on that side of town, and then did grocery shopping and more errands on the way home. By the time I got home at 3 pm, I was ready for a nap. I didn't wake up 'till 5:30. Such was the story of my whole weekend. On Sunday, I got up early to get a fast start on my long to do list...and by 11 am, I was really tired, so I layed down and watched some DVRed shows. Then after relaxing for an hour or so, I checked some more stuff on my list, and rested from 3 until 5...then by 6 pm, I finished the remaining item...some website work. I still have SO much to do to get ready for DMIL's arrival at the end of the month, but at least next weekend will be a bit longer as we get Friday afternoon off.

I'd better go...I'm super busy with both projects, and critical deadlines are looming.

Someday, I'll be able to do personals. I feel like such an awful and neglectful Worldly. I think of y'all all the time...and am sending hugs and healing to all of you.

Love and hugs to you all,
  • Good morning girls,

Happy Monday - new start to the week. It's finally sunny outside which is great. It's in the low 50's but the sun will make it feel warmer than it is and it will be enjoyable to get outside. We went out for lunch and a drive yesterday, enjoyed them both. Back to housework today.

Michelle - I know you have so very much to do but I imagine your body wants a whole down day instead of bits and pieces. I'm glad you got some rest time in. Don't let things overwhelm you. Sounds like work is non-stop go go go too. Which is good, but exhausting. I worry that you might wind up next to DH in the sick bed. Take care of yourself girlfriend

Laura - sounds like you had a nice weekend. It's crazy with the airfares, isn't it? I don't think the airlines ever recovered from losing all the business travellers which really hurt the casual traveller too. And it's such a hassle to fly now, most people I know would rather avoid it if they can. Driving is not an option for you so I hope you can find something reasonable to visit with your Mum.

Mel - hmmmm 3 and a half quarts is too small for a crock pot? After all you are cooking for 1 I have a bigger crock but I find that I tend to fill it up and I make too much even using the freezer for leftovers. Unless of course you, Jen and Ritchie are taking turns cooking. I'm sorry I don't remember the grandson passing. Guess I am losing it. Palm Sunday - must mean Easter is next week. My how the time is flying. I haven't had palms in forever, I remember my Mom placing them behind the crucifix on the wall in the bedroom. She was particular about what palms she selected and generally had a comment about people who took too many Thanks for the memory and the smile

Shad - loved your memo to employees. I saw that years ago but it still brings a laugh or two because it's so true and relavent. Your eagle sounds amazing. I guess the first time it uses the car as a flight assistant it would be quite startling. You have such interesting things to see on your side of the world. I imagine the States are somewhat boring - particularly the cities. But we will suck you back over one more time, won't we?

Patty - good to hear you have a work out plan. Sometimes it just takes getting frustrated enough to get motivated. Good luck.

Java - did you take up tennis or just referring to some new sneakers/gym shoes/keds? Did you find what you wanted? My sister was raving about these new shoes GoWalk by Sketchers. They are light as a feather, and very hard to find. I did snag a pair but they have absolutely no support at all and my foot flops over in them - after a couple of wearings I'm sure they'd look goofy and I can tell they'd cause foot pain from lack of support. They are good for people who like flip flops and have young, good, feet (at least for now)

Annie - sounds like you had your usual busy weekend. Glad it's sunshiney and you are feeling good today. Rootbeer in the crock pot? That's really interesting - will have to give it a try. I suppose with a sweet based bbq sauce you'd never know the difference. Thanks for the idea!

Ceejay - glad to hear momma bird is back to nesting again. I hope no one disturbs the nest. Keep us posted. I hear it's getting hot down your way.

Ok, I spent enough time here. I need to get a bunch of little things done so that I can go finish them off tomorrow (take big bedding to laundromat, stop at the post office and mail some things out, pick up a few things at the store). I'm glad it's sunny out - always feel more motivated. DH said he smelled a skunk through the open window last night - I hope we don't have one roaming around under the deck trying to build a home. Anyway - have a good one ladies.
  • Happy
    It's perfect weather for me. I love the 70 to 85 degree range, and basically this is what is has been. 60's at night. Perfect sleeping weather.

Mel
    I have a small crock pot. I need to get it out and use it.

Annie
    The pork loin sounds great. Hadn't thought about puttin A % W on meat.
    That's more of an ice cream float for me. I've been wanting some BBQ sandwiches.

to all the rest
    --------
    It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Brought my camera today to work and made a picture of the egg and nest. Frightened momma bird again.
    They have the filter back on line and it's behaving itself. I need to go downstairs and clean up their mess.
  • Morning all,
    Seems like it is going to be a slow day today. Not a lot to do really. I should just enjoy the feeling shouldn't I? It won't last. Never does. Might go out and do some shopping at lunch time.

Mel - glad that you had a good weekend and no alarms. Makes all the effort worth it. Maybe with you and me having quiet times at work and Happy settling into retirement, the others will follow suit with a quiet calm time as well. A mellow May maybe????
    Didn't manage to wreck three in a row yesterday but I tried hard. And no they didn't send me home.

Annie - so pleased you are not in the family way. Can't take more than one pregnancy at a time. Please refrain until after August.

Howdy Laura - busy as usual I see.

Michelle - it's enough if you poke your head in once in a while to let us know how you are going. Hope things settle down shortly to allow you to get rest and relaxation - as opposed to Annie's recreation and not being pregnant.

Happy - I'd love to see a bald eagle in flight or even a couple of them soaring together. There are interesting things to see in any part of the world. Even the desert can be beautiful in the moonlight. However I prefer to stay away from cities. A day jaunt to a big busy city like New York is enough to last me a couple of years. There may be places where your eagles have learnt to borrow the lift from cars on the road. Certainly is a wonderful sight. If you ever got over here, then I would take you to a place where the birds are not in captivity but for vary reasons can not or will not fly away. They are free to go if they wish. It's the best way to see our bird predators and you can even put the glove on and have a go at feeding them if you wish. My niece did that some years back. But then if it is an animal, she will have a go at anything.
    And yes, I will be back 1 more time and soon.

Ceejay - I too need to get the crock pot out. Haven't used it in years. Time I got back to it. I used to use it all the time.

Okay - I had better get back to it and sort out some bits and pieces and muster an argument for not relying on powerpoint presentations for training. Yuk, Yuk, Yuk.

See you all
  • Hi everyone....

Just popping in during one of the rare free moments. Well, I really should be heading to the loo, but I'll hold it so I can say hi to my BFFs!

I'm really trying to take care of myself, by relaxing in the evening after work and only doing what's absolutely necessary. I'm waking up tired, which is frustrating, but it's nothing a good brekky, coffee, and vitamins won't fix.

We get 1/2 day off on Friday! Yay!! I'm so looking forward to it!

Oh and btw, I use my crockpot nearly once a week. I love to make roasts in it. They come out so juicy and tender...and it's a really easy dinner. Get it going in the morning and then by the time evening rolls around and I'm too exhausted to cook...I'm thrilled because all the cooking is done!

Anyway, gotta get a move on to the next thing on my to do list.

Much love and many hugs,
  • Ba HAHA....nope not preggers...I've been burned, fried, tied, cut, clipped, and sealed....no chance here of getting in the family way. It would have to be the immaculent conception....lololol.

Well we got the shed done...all but the floor in. The neighbor across the pond came over and helped finish the roof. I offered up my delish BBQ pork, but he had already eaten so he said he would take some to go...how funny is that. I packed him up some goodies.

Started eating cinnamon apple oats for breakfast for the last couple of weeks, not only are they yummy but also filling. I am not even hungry when it comes time for lunch. Of course, everyone is having BBQ pork for lunch this week and I even brought some for a few of my co-workers that we all share our food.

Today is another beauty of a day. 80 deg, sunshiney. Then it drops to the 60s for several days. I will take 60 over 20 any day. I am getting the bug to get out and do some planting but don't want to start too soon for fear of bad weather.

SHADDIE.....no worries on the preggers thing. NONE at all...lol. It is not good at all when you are not really busy, somehow you create trouble for others for not following your training manual...lol..What cha gonna shop for at lunch?

CEEG....keep bugging that momma bird and she might take a dive at you. Be careful. The BBQ is absolutely delish.

HAPPY...eewww a skunk. Nothing smells as bad at that and it doesn't go away very quickly either. Kind of reminds me of limburger cheese my dad eats on bread with a thick slab of onion and mustard. GROSS AND DISGUSTING.

CHELLE...don't forget to come up for air and give us a shout...no worries on the personals.

LAURA....Sounds like you need to come up for air also. Don't work too hard.

MELLIE...my crockpot is about 20 years old and the handle broke off this last time I used it so I am thinking a new one is in store for me. Food is so good in the crock, especially meat, so tender.

Hello to all the lurkers and occasional posters, love hearing from ya's.

Much love and many hugs.
  • CHELLE..you are the sneaker inner today, yes it is a good feeling to come home to dinner already made up. Kind of eases the evening work pain. Take care of you and have a wonderful day sister....hugs
  • GOOD MORNING GIRLS

A LITTLE SHORT THIS MORNING. I NEED TO WORK A TINY BIT TODAY.
    WOKE UP LATE...THAT MUST BE AN OMEN
    JOHN MIGHT STOP BY ALSO. THE VISIT WILL MAKE THE TIME GO FASTER.
    HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

LAURA.....HOPE THE BUSY DAY WASN'T TOO BAD

MICHELLE....SORRY I MISSED THE ANNIVERSARY
    I WAS HOPING BY NOW DH WOULD BE FEELING MUCH BETTER. SENDING MORE GOOD THOUGHTS & PRAYERS. YOU ARE GETTING BLONDER MORE & MORE?? IT WILL KEEP YOU LOOKING & FEELING YOUNGER I HOPE

HAPPY....YOUR MOM & THE PALMS AREJUST LIKE MY THOUGHTS. SO THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!! I MADE CROSSES AND PUT THEM ON PICTURES TOO IN THE BEDROOM. JEN DOES ALSO. IT WAS A TRADITION FROM MY GRANDMOTHER. LOL TOO FUNNY. GLAD YOU GYS GOT OUT FOR A RIDE. IT MUST FEEL LIKE HOME NOW
    RICHIE LOOKED AT THE POT. IT'S TOO SMALL FOR ROASTS HE WAS THINKING OF.
    HE COOKS "LARGE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CEEJAY.....IS THE NEST AT WORK??
    FOR SOME REASON I THOUGHT IT WAS AT THE HOUSE.
    I GUESS MAMA BIRD DIDN'T WANT TO POSE!!
    SORRY YOU HAD SUCH A MESS TO CLEAN UP.
    HOPE THERE ARE NO MESSES TO CLEAN UP TODAY!!

SHAD......I WISH I COULD GET PICS OPF THE EAGLES/FALCONS THAT SOAR THE CLIFFS.
    THEY LIVE IN NYC ON THE TALL BUILDINGS. WEIRD HUH?
    SO GLAD TO HEAR YOU DIDN'T BREAK THE 3RD PROGRAM AND
    GET TOSSED OUT ON YOUR EAR OR REAR AS THE CASE MAY BE. : cheer:
    THIS WEEK IS FLYING BY ALREADY FOR ME......AND HOPEFULLY QUIET!
  • 2 SNEAKER INNERS.... HELLO MICHELLE & ANNIE

MICHELLE.....I AM GLAD YOU ARE REMEMBERING TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF THRU ALL THE WORK & DH. IT'S IMPORTANT

ANNIE....WE'VE BEEN BUYING PULLED PORK & CHICKEN AT TJ'S.
    GETTING SPOILED BY NOT COOKING!!
    BET YOUR CO-WORKERS LOVE YOU AND THE LEFTOVERS!!!

OK GOTTA RUN....EVEN LATER NOW
    IT'S ALL ANNIE'S AND MICHELLE'S FAULT
  • Morning all.

Mel - Don't work too hard and enjoy your visit w/ John.

Shad- enjoy the down time while you have it!

Michelle - Glad you're taking advantage of your spare moments to take a breather. I need to get my crock pot back in service again. What kind of roasts do you cook in there?

Annie- mmmm, BBQ. Glad the shed project is going well.

Happy- did you get all the bedding done? Lol re your mom and the palms.

Ceejay- sounds like you're enjoying some nice weather. Be careful hanging around that nest...don't want momma bird getting angry!

Hello Patty, any exercise going on?

Hi Mary!!
    --
    On the train & hopefully can post this w/o losing it!

Too many things due early this week, and I stupidly set up a training session this morning. Aaaargh. I'll get through it, just hope nothing hits the floor with all this juggling.
  • Laura - I normally cook either beef chuck roasts...or preferably beef rump roasts, round roasts or sirloin roasts...though unless I'm super lazy...I often do sirloin roasts in the oven as they don't need the tenderizing the others sometimes do. I also try and cook the roasts on the low setting, I find it gets them more tender and flavorful. But sometimes, I'll cook them for an hour or two on high and then 4 to 5 hours on low.
  • Chelle...I keep forgetting to mention that GB Packers signed my man, Jeff Saturday...I am officially now a Packers fan. His eyes are beautiful.
  • Annie!!!!!!

And you an engaged woman and all. Still not much harm in window shopping is there??
  • Not much to report.

---------
    Mel
    Yes, the bird nest is at work on the clairifier. When the babies leave I'm closing up the box that the next is in. I've made a picture now to figure how to download it to the computer.

Annie
    I was never a sports fan. My sis in Dallas has my half of sports.
    Don't blame you though--He's a piece of eye candy for sure.

Michelle, Laura, Happy, Patty and Mary, hello
  • SHADLET....you can ALWAYS look at the menu, just don't order!! I love, love, love his look....the beard and goatee for sure...the eyes just makes me drool......I always wanted a blue eyed baby...and don't you know, baby boy soldier has the bluest eyes ever!!! God grants the strangest wishes....lol.

CEEG...and yet, doesn't it make you want to become a sports fan...espicially a GB Packers fan...he is so yummy!!

Steak, potatos on the grill and made deviled which I call angeled eggs. Dinner was fantabulous!!.

Loves and hugs