3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Slow Dancing With A Stranger {10} "A Month of Challenges" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/256061-slow-dancing-stranger-%7B10%7D-month-challenges.html)

K9Owner 04-09-2012 09:40 AM

:faint: I'm sleeping!
2 more nights of work to go!

K9Owner 04-09-2012 06:09 PM

Gosh, you all are quite as a :mouse: today!

Back to work for me tonight.
The idea of "Leave Your $$ @ Home" is working for me!
I have been eating my own snacks that I take & while I am still eating more than I need to eat while @ work, it is not cafeteria food!!

Hopefully everyone had a great Monday. You all know I typically live for a good Monday ;) I hope and pray tonight goes as smoothly as last night did. I was pulled to our Cardiovascular Step Down Unit, where I rescued for 8 hours--my MOST FAVORITE job in nursing! :)

I miss :wl: It's been a week & over a week since I did leg work! I have to do at least 2 more sessions before my 1/2 & it can't be the week of the race.

alaskanlaughter 04-09-2012 08:25 PM

i am here...we had a good easter...i went to the gym yesterday in the morning for incline walking on the treadmill...everyone else must have been at easter services and i had the gym to myself :D i debated going to church services vs the gym...and the gym won out LOL

i wonder what the real calories burned for me are...the treadmill shows calories burned based on speed alone and doesnt factor in the incline, whether its 0% or 15% max...and do i burn more calories since i'm panting and sweating than a truly fit person would be burning? i have a hard time believing that i can be on the treadmill walking at max incline at a fast pace for 45 minutes, leave drenched in sweat, and only have burned a measly 180 calories???

regardless, thats what i factor into my day...if it says i burned 180 than so be it, thats what goes in my log for the day *sigh*

ItsMyTurn 04-09-2012 08:57 PM

I am so glad everyone had a good Easter :) Sorry it's been awhile since I checked in, but caught up on reading.

Krystal - so glad the leaving money at home is working for you :) :carrot:

alaskanlaughter 04-10-2012 01:19 AM

so i went on my fitness pal to get some info....

on the treadmill, walking uphill at speeds between 3.4-3.6 for 45 minutes equals 180 calories burned

according to MFP walking uphill at 3.5 speed for 45 minutes equals 398 calories burned

what the heck??

ItsMyTurn 04-10-2012 07:13 AM

Alaskan - wish I had another way to tell you so you can have more accurate readings, but that's why I got HRM to use. I found that MFP over estimated the caloric burns by about 40% for me, and the machines were closer in my case... however even they over estimated on me by a small portion. My friend found that both under estimated her burn. Unfortunately, they are estimates only and not real great for accuracy

Tae Bo for me last night. What a sweaty mess that makes me, but I really do like it

jomatho 04-10-2012 07:34 AM

We are not very chatty this week are we? I know for me, I am busy, and I don't think it is going to let up for a week or two.
I have to break down and go shopping today. We have 3 events coming up in the next week and a half that I have to dress up for. Not really the type of clothing I would like to shop for at this point, but I have nothing. I am hoping to get pieces that I can mix or match, not so much a "dress" or anything that someone will notice if I wore already or not, but not sure if that will work or not. I really hate to buy fitted slacks right now, but I might have to.
I will get my walk in first this morning and then go.
I am ovulating right now and I feel pretty miserable the last 2 days. I feel all bloaty, munchy and a little crabby I must say. Not sure if I am a little crabby because I feel like my head is spinning with what is going on in everyone's lives or if it is the hormones, or both? I broke down and had 2 servings of chocolate last night, putting me over my goal for the day, but it was really good and I really wanted it. Today I will try to fast until I get back from shopping and I may shave off a few calories ,if I can, to make up for that darn chocolate. It was chocolate or wine, and I wanted the chocolate more. Probably would have saved a few calories if I had chosen wine.
Oh well, today is a new day and I am going to rock this day!!!!

I have to tell you guys, DH snapped some pictures while we were out of town for DS birthday and I didn't shy away from the camera and guess what? I actually like what I am seeing in the photos! I am no longer embarrassed of my body when I look at pictures, dare I say I actually liked what I saw? I think I still had the same mental block in my head about pictures because my facial expressions are a little subdued, but I will work on that.

Okay, gotta run

Sum38 04-10-2012 08:24 AM

Morning...

Just a quick hello. Somehow life has gotten insane around here (baseball season...)

I "gained" 3 pounds over night :mad: 146.5 to 149.5 I hate when that happens. But my body is sort of a wreck right now. My hip really hurts, I walked yesterday and I had HORRID walk, it was miserable. I was tight and sore everywhere. This morning I woke up with legs filled with lactic acid...what the heck; how did that happen? -- I also decided that it was time to start sculpting my upper body and did 5 different exercises; 3 sets of each with 10 pound weights. -- Now my arms are filled with lactic acid as well...:lol:

So between ovulation, lactic acid filled body and sore hip, I am one :sunny: person :lol3:

I am off to a gentle walk and then run errands for my son who only tells me everything at a very last moment. I already had to go out and buy him dress pants this morning before school; well he was a few minutes late for school.

Anycase everyone have a fab day and I will be back with more personal touch later.

K9Owner 04-10-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Owner (Post 4285791)
:faint: I'm sleeping!

wake me up in 10 or so hours!!

alaskanlaughter 04-10-2012 12:16 PM

i also have a son who tells me everything at the last minute LOL he's 14....partly the teenager stuff, partly because he's ADHD...and he doesnt focus on anything he's doing, leaving him to spend time re-doing what should have been an easy task *sigh*

this weekend we asked him to bring out the garbage in his room...a little bag full...so he scooped it into a bag and dropped it BY the garbage can in the laundry room, where it tipped over and spilled...so then we ask him to clean it up and put it outside in our garbage can outside...so he cleaned it up and dropped it BY the garbage can outside, where it again spilled all over *sigh* so THEN he had to clean it up and fix it....again

but he won't learn how to do any of this if we do it for him...and believe me it would have been WAY easier just for me to clean it up and throw it out lol

as for the calories burned...im thinking i might be burning the higher estimate from MFP because i leave having worked out SO intensely...and have been dripping sweat from my workout for most of the workout time...i love it LOL i love pushing my body like that...and i have a hard time believeing that i could be sweating like that for about 30 of the 45 minutes working out and only have burned 180 calories lol

alaskanlaughter 04-10-2012 03:03 PM

had a homemade protein shake for breakfast after i took the kids to their schools....went to the store and got to the gym earlier than usual...put in an hour instead of 45 minutes on the high incline walking...says i burned 240 calories....im dripping sweat lol....now to put a homemade ham soup in the crockpot and get ready for work

jomatho 04-10-2012 04:03 PM

Sum, guess where DS and I were most of the day yesterday? Looking for track shoes the day before the first practice. Yup, and he is just about the pickiest kid there is when it comes to shoes. Of course, I knew he needed shoes earlier, but getting him out is another story. I just stopped after his dermatology appt. yesterday so he had no choice. I ended up having to come home and order them since they didn't have his size in the only pair he found that he halfway liked all day long. He is soooo not a shopper. On the other hand, my oldest would shop all day and night with me. Oh, and guess when he started training for track? A week ago :lol: He should be sucking wind right about now. . .

Alaskan, I would take the average of the two burns personally. I think mfp is a little high on a lot of things, but your treadmill does sound a little low too.

K9, don't worry dear, I will never be near a size zero in this lifetime :lol:. I am shooting for a nice consistent single digit number.
I am an Occupational Therapist. I worked in Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation for most of the years I worked. I have also done a little per diem in a nursing home. I am considering doing a little home care next, but I am not moving on that idea very fast :lol:.

Larry, :wave: how's it going?

K9Owner 04-10-2012 07:24 PM

I'm finally back into the "Taking Care of Me" mode, I think! At least I have a couple days off to be in this commonplace!

Alaskan: I really think you need a HRM for accuracy. The machines are just too inaccurate & don't get me started on the MFP site readings. I have no idea where those #s came from. Anniversary gift perhaps? HeartRateMonitorsUSA. com Great job sticking with the :tread: It will start to pay off for you :)

Star: I haven't performed Tae Bo in FOREVER! My sis and I used to do it together a long time ago. I sure do miss working out with her!

JO: How the heck did all of us manage to get on the same schedule is beyond me! I am hoping ovulation will take away ALL of these pesky symptoms I have been experiencing for the past 3 weeks, especially the increased hunger! Being hungry after you just downed 800+ cals BYTES!!
Where is our photo preview, ma'am?
If I ever get out of the hospital, I doubt I will be very enthusiastic about getting back into healthcare. It's a real drag, imo!

Kristiina: :hug: I feel your pain with that 149! However, mine is not from the accumulation of lactic acid. I wish it were! For the record, I've been just as :sunny: as you!! :lol: If I hear these words one more time: "What side of the bed did you get out of this morning? Hey, tomorrow morning, can you get out up on my side of the bed?" {DH, of course}

:wave: Hi Larry!! Glad you survived Easter without too much damage to your waistline!!

ItsMyTurn 04-10-2012 08:35 PM

Jo - You sound crazy busy :) So glad you liked the pictures and what you saw, you have worked so blessed hard! You deserve to feel good about yourself!

Alaskan - You know how hard it is with just your son being ADHD.. think of my poor husband. 2 of my kids (the girls) are ADHD, my son is ADD, I am ADHD..and when my parents come to stay a month at a time... dad is ADHD, :rofl: And we wonder why the days seem so filled! We can't focus long enough to realize we overbooked ourselves! LOL! Rest assured though, if your DS learns how to channel that ADHD, he will not only succeed, but be able to hyperfocus on one thing and accomplish 4x the "normal" person :) My oldest daughter is JUST NOW learning how to do that even though I have taught her the skills way before now. She is LOVING it too :P

Sum - baseball season seems to be your crazy time of year for sure :) Iam sure you will level out again... with everything hitting you at once, 3lbs is all a facade of weight ;)

Krystal - I have discovered I love Tae Bo. It's a hard workout, but I enjoy it. I have martial arts in my background, which might be why I enjoy it so much. I am glad you are in taking care of yourself mode :) That's a great spot to be at!!!!

jomatho 04-11-2012 07:43 AM

All I have to say is if I am as hungry today as I have been the last two days, I am going to have to superglue my mouth shut. I love ovulation.
Well, today is my birthday and so far I woke up with a headache, one of my kids overslept (I thought he was already in the shower) and they just informed me that they can't throw anything else down the clothes chute because it is full. That means the cage in the basement (5'x5') and the whole chute from the 2nd floor all the way to the basement is full. Lovely.
I think I am going to just ignore it all and go out shopping again. :lol: