3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Slow Dancing With A Stranger {10} "A Month of Challenges" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/256061-slow-dancing-stranger-%7B10%7D-month-challenges.html)

ItsMyTurn 04-05-2012 05:36 PM

Alaskan - Way to go on not using the handlebars! That's awesome! Way to progress!!!

Jo - Great job on the challenge!!! It doesn't matter that you broke them up, YOU DID THEM!!!! :woohoo: Way to go!

Krystal - I am sorry you are under so much stress, but I have to agree with Jo. You are training and working hard - there is no way you are actually "up" that much. Look at how sculpted you look! I find you to be an inspiration, not something I shake my head at in disgust - just so ya know ;)

Larry - those were some awesome quotes :)

Kristiina - You did awesome going that far, especially with a hip bothering you :O Amazing! I think you did awesome on the challenges! "hurts" so good in the abdomen, doesn't it? :lol: Oh wow, 12 hrs of sleep? I think I would get a headache from too much sleep, :rofl:

ItsMyTurn 04-05-2012 05:39 PM

As for me - I am working extra hours this week, so time is restrained a bit. Last night I did manage to do 3.6miles on elliptical to help add up towards my goal of 60 for the month, and then did Ab Bootcamp with my oldest daughter. DH got quite a chuckle at both of us yelling at the trainer, :lol: No idea what I am in store for tonight, DH has to work midnights tonight, so will see what he has done/is doing before I decide :)

jomatho 04-05-2012 06:31 PM

Well, I got in a 23 hour fast today. I had a feeling it would be a little rough when I was already hungry 3 hours into my fast at 8pm last night :eek:

My stomach was churning a little during my walk this morning too which was unusual and then I was really busy, so I didn't think about it again until about 2:30, I knew it was time to eat!

I seem to be noticing a trend of getting hungrier at the end of the week. Must have something to do with spiking on Saturdays :dunno:.

I did not get the stairs step challenge in yet and may not be able to tomorrow. I am wondering, since we all missed that one so far this week, maybe we should move that one to next Sun/Mon and count it as next weeks legs challenge again? And if any of us did it this week, we could just repeat again next week.

Star
, way to keep those miles going!

Sum, great job on you fast. I don't know about going longer. I know some people do that, not sure of the benefits either way. I say do what your body tells you to do.

K9, another :hug: for you

Larry, hope you are having a great on plan day!

alaskanlaughter 04-05-2012 07:12 PM

i have to try to hit the gym tonight *sigh* i hate working out at night, where years ago i used to love it...DH didnt want me driving his truck today because of the brakes, although the brakes have been bad for days, sometimes working, sometimes having problems sticking, but ive been using his truck just fine for days and suddenly he decides it can't be driven today *frustrated*.....and our house was as cold as could be because we were waiting for a fuel delivery....so i just gathered my stuff and walked to work...it was about a half hour walk, maybe a mile and a half, but i walked in my work shoes that have little heels on them (not high, just a bit) so it was different...then i walked over to get some coffee and back, not too far...im debating whether i should just walk home again in my work shoes, or go home with DH, make dinner and then go to the gym...i'll probably go to the gym because im in training at a conference (yes another one) tomorrow morning...

DH doesnt understand that going to the gym is a PRIORITY for me...he was telling me today that it's not a necessity, that i dont need to drive there, etc...he doesnt understand that that's the ONLY thing i do for myself...i work to provide for my family, i cook and clean and shop and budget for everyone else...i do laundry and mop and practically everything else in my day is done FOR OTHERS...this is the ONE thing that i do for myself...and i guess buy healthy things that i can eat...i don't have hobbies (i dont have time), i dont hang out with friends (again, no consistent time) and i dont spend money on other common things like clothes, shoes, lotto tickets, wine, music, or books that girls enjoy

soooo frustrating that he doesnt understand, even though HE has a membership with me, that this is important to me, my ME time, and a priority...ughh

jomatho 04-05-2012 07:21 PM

Alaskan, I totally agree, stand your ground and do what it takes to get to the gym.

Larry H 04-05-2012 10:15 PM

Alaskan Maybe if you tell your husband using the same words as your post he would understand. Sometimes it has to be spelled out for us men.

Jo A twenty three hour fast is great!! And hard to do. I have fasted many times for 10 days or longer with nothing but water. No tea,coffee or juice, just water. I was always hungry until about the third day when my physical hunger would suddenly disappear. I say physical hunger because mentally I always wanted to eat.

Sum 5.6 miles is awesome with a sore hip!

My eye surgeon lifted all my restrictions this morning so I headed for my yard to get some long neglected work done. I picked up about 2 acres of fallen limbs and I now have a huge pile to burn. Then I mowed 1 of my five acres of lawn and I was beat and very hot. A nice shower fixed me up. Three full hours of yard work! Not bad for the first time in quite a while. I was slowly turning into a couch potato. Not the life style for me, I am far too active.

By the way for any gardeners here? I am picking ripe tomatoes out of my garden and they taste great. Due to an unusual warm spell this Winter I managed to plant them on February 5th. Never did that when I lived in Buffalo, NY

My food calorie count today is 981.

Breakfast No time due to doctor appointment

Lunch Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas

Afternoon Snack Two Tangerines

Dinner Two servings of Eggbeaters, Non fat Cheese in a mug

Larry

ItsMyTurn 04-05-2012 11:08 PM

Jo - You did good to make it that long :)

Alaskan - Sometimes others can't understand how it feels to us, if they don't share that interest. It sure can be frustrating. We get it though.. which is why you have us :)

Larry - Great job on having restrictions lifted :woohoo: that means everything is looking good - literally :lol:

50 mins of Tae Bo tonight... now too tired to pick away at even a mile towards my goal; guess that will wait until tomorrow. Have a great night!

alaskanlaughter 04-06-2012 12:17 AM

i went to the gym about 7 p.m. tonight for about 45 minutes on the treadmill....walked at a high incline at a good pace WITHOUT using the handlebars for most of the time...upped it to max incline and faster pace for awhile and used the bars, mostly because i feel like i'll fall off....balance problems that i never knew i had, apparently...

ate well today, calories lower than expected...focusing on good foods, which is easier now than it used to be...i even ate some of my son's bday cake last weekend and i hated it, it didnt even taste good...but it might have just been a crappy cake because i could still eat donuts morning, noon and night if i could LOL

might try the evening fasting, like from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m....which would be natural for me if i can go tonight without food....

no working out tomorrow though, planned day off, mostly because i have a conference in the morning and work in the afternoon til 6 p.m....conference on meeting the needs of children of military families...should be interesting

Sum38 04-06-2012 07:49 AM

Hmmm, my weight went up to 147.5 :( -- Maybe I react to corn products as well. Maybe they make me retain water. I had some corn chips two nights this week.

So my official March results

Weight
Starting 149.5
ending weight 147.5
2 pound loss.
B-W-H
Starting 40-32-40
Ending 39-32-39.5
Total walk miles: 111.9 miles

Not the greatest of months, but still working towards my goal.

I finished my 24h fast with flying colors. :dance:

Sum38 04-06-2012 07:59 AM

Happy Friday to all! :sunny:

Star I would definitely give myself some mileage credit out of Tae Bo. Maybe you could tweak your goal to minutes or miles? -- Usually takes about 15 minutes to walk a mile; give yourself 3 miles worth credit. You earn it :carrot:

Larry I LOVE to garden; I have all my seedlings going. I have 72 tomato plants getting bigger and stronger each day :D -- I started them from heirloom seeds, they are not genetically modified. Loads and load of peppers from sweet to habanero. -- I envy you that you can already harvest. The only things I could harvest are green onions and a few chives.

Jo 23h is great!! Sorry that it was a struggle. Are you doing 19/5 today?

I hope Krystal is getting some much needed R&R!

My plan to day is to do 19h fast with 5h eating window. Drink tons of water and green tea; I feel bloated. Walk 5.5 miles.

everybody have a fab day! :wave:

Larry H 04-06-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4282855)

Larry I LOVE to garden; I have all my seedlings going. I have 72 tomato plants getting bigger and stronger each day :D -- I started them from heirloom seeds, they are not genetically modified. Loads and load of peppers from sweet to habanero. -- I envy you that you can already harvest. The only things I could harvest are green onions and a few chives.

Holy Cow 72 tomato plants? I assume that either you do a lot of canning or you are supplying tomatoes for all of the grocery stores in your area. Last year I had 10 plants and I was constantly giving away tomatoes to friends. This year I have 12 that I started from cuttings from last years plants that I rooted and planted. One of the varieties The Super Sweet 100 grape tomato plants have reached 8 foot tall and climbing. The soil is not very good in my part of Florida so I made self watering containers from 5 gallon buckets. I used Miracle Grow potting mix in them. I have Super Sweet 100, Celebrity, Parks Whopper and Mortgage Lifter varieties growing. I plan on adding an heirloom Brandywine as soon as a friend of mine gives me some cuttings.

Larry

Sum38 04-06-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry H (Post 4282885)
Holy Cow 72 tomato plants? I assume that either you do a lot of canning or you are supplying tomatoes for all of the grocery stores in your area. Last year I had 10 plants and I was constantly giving away tomatoes to friends. This year I have 12 that I started from cuttings from last years plants that I rooted and planted. One of the varieties The Super Sweet 100 grape tomato plants have reached 8 foot tall and climbing. The soil is not very good in my part of Florida so I made self watering containers from 5 gallon buckets. I used Miracle Grow potting mix in them. I have Super Sweet 100, Celebrity, Parks Whopper and Mortgage Lifter varieties growing. I plan on adding an heirloom Brandywine as soon as a friend of mine gives me some cuttings.

Larry

I make sauces and freeze it and use loads of them for soup base (I mix peppers, carrots and tomato and it gives a nice base during cold winter months). We are growing corn as well, loads of carrots, herbs ( I think I have 16 basil plants alone), lettuce, peppers, radish, squash, eggplat, cucumbers, onion and even asparagus (takes two years) etc. I try a few exotic things each ear. Last year I tried a plant called ground cherry, sort of a tomato and pineapple tasting fruit/veggie...not a big fan :D This year I am growing beans and peas as well. Yup we have a BIG garden :lol3:

We started a compost. I don't put anything down garbage disposal. Good plant food.

Larry H 04-06-2012 09:35 AM

The scale continues to be kind to me Another 2 pound loss this morning to 210 which brings my total for 4 days to 10 pounds loss. :D:carrot::D

I know from experience that this loss rate cannot continue but the ride has been fun so far.

Larry

jomatho 04-06-2012 09:45 AM

Wow, I just woke up :cloud9:
My friend told me she was unable to walk today so I turned off all alarms and took advantage.
Just enjoying my coffee (minus most of the cream, just a little) and then I will run on the treadmill. Not sure if I will do more HIIT or just steady cardio. I think I am more in the mood to do some mileage, maybe 3 depending on how I feel.
DH has taken the day off and "wants to do something fun". Not sure what that will be, we are already leaving town for the day tomorrow to go have fun for DS birthday :shrug:
I guess I will fast for as long as I can, maybe have a little bigger window than I prefer, I will just play it by ear with what DH wants to do. I really want to get in one more good day of fasting and on the lower end of calories so that tomorrow I can spike guilt free and I know Sunday will be messed up so I need to keep today in check.
So fast today, spike Saturday and then just have a normal eating day Sunday, but keep the calories on the low end of my range as much as possible. That's my plan and I am sticking to it!

Sum, could it just be the sodium in the tortilla chips and whatever you put on them? I think that looks like a great month at this stage of the game. It is not supposed to just fall off as you get closer to goal. Congrats on that. Lets shoot for another month just like that! We can do it! Also, congrats on a great fast!

Star, I agree, count minutes towards mileage, otherwise you get no credit for the other things that are just as good for you.

I had a surreal NSV yesterday. I was nosing through my closet and spotted my pile of scrubs up top that I haven't worn since I left my job about a year and a half ago. I have in the back of my mind that I may start doing some per diem work sometime in the near future so I thought I should try on my scrubs just for the fun of it. Now, I knew the ones the I was wearing right before I quit would be too big, that was obvious, but as with the rest of your wardrobe, you tend to collect various sizes of scrubs from when you were different weights. I had some that have been tiny for forever. I was literally swimming in them. I don't even think me and my handy dandy sewing machine could fix them, they are that bad. I even had one top that when I bought it I didn't know it was almost all cotton instead of a poly blend that most are, and as soon as it went through the dryer it looked as though my miniature petite friends could probably fit in it, don't know why I kept it, but I did. Anyways, this little top that I dried, was uncomfortably large on me. I was flabbergasted. Seriously, I don't know this body I am in right now :dunno:.
Soooo, whatever I decide to do, I have no clothes to do it in. I think I will be a medium scrub which just blows my mind.

One more thing while I am procrastinating from my run :lol:
We were watching the Idol results show last night an Kelly Pickler sang, for those of you who don't know, she was a former contestant the year Carrie Underwood won. Anyways, she was so cute, but last night I couldn't figure out what was different, if she had just aged that much or if it was the haircut or what, just not the same cute Kelly. Well, DH said she did what all "stars" do, they lose too much darn weight and then they look like h*ll. And I think that was it, she was much thinner than she used to be. So I am looking at her trying to decide how much she weighs and what size she was because I don't want DH to think I look like h*ll :lol: I don't think I have to worry, she looked like she was around a zero :lol:. Hard to tell on TV. I think my goal will be single digits and try to keep some nice meat/muscles on my body ;).

ItsMyTurn 04-06-2012 04:26 PM

Sum and Jo - I think you both are right... maybe I should translate that out into mileage. It was the Tae Bo Cardio, so still getting heart rate up in good shape plus helping with toning - all the same benefits, plus more exertion. I didn't even think of that aspect.

Alaskan - Great job getting to the gym. I know you said you don't care for evening workouts, so you won the struggle

Sum - I have the same issue with corn in general. It doesn't work as well through my digestion, so even the vegetable in it's pure form reacts on the scale.

Jo - way to set a plan! Glad you were able to sleep in a bit though, that's a rare luxury in our house. I am hoping to sleep in tomorrow before my DD's birthday party though :)