Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #46  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

trying to post at work...seems to be working right now

the pain is ONLY at the base of the back of my knee like the part you use to pull your ankle backwards like you're touching your ankle to your butt...it hurts on footfall impact while running and that little back-kick as you step off that foot...HURTSS....if im not running, it aches a little but feels okay

i did ALOT of stretching this morning, took some anti-inflammatories and ate before running....STILL couldnt run without favoring that leg and it hurt...so i settled for putting it on the highest incline and the highest speed i can walk at, which is 3.6-3.8, and walking for 45 minutes...still was dripping sweat when done and my heartrate was in the 160s most of the time...didnt bother my knee

im working on walking at that incline WITHOUT using the treadmill handlebars...it makes the walking easier than it should be...i dont use the bars because it's easier...i use the bars because i have terrible balance and when i walk or run and nothing around me is moving with me, i get very off balance...its worse when im on an incline, i feel like im falling backwards...but im gradually working on letting go of the bars and keeping my balance...because i want a HARD workout and keeping my hands on the bars is too easy...

eating was good so far today....i filled up on a homemade protein shake before going to a coworker's baby shower this morning....ate ONE small cinnamon roll that i made for the shower and a tiny piece of her cake...it helped me NOT binge on everything else there...then i went to the gym after that

i always get a small nonfat sugar free mocha before work, which starts at noon....and i have a diet juice with me (those cascade ice things) and some veggies to dip in ranch when i get hungry later...keeps me from eating the junk that masquerades as healthy snacks for the students...packaged stuff that meets nutritional guidelines but is packed with carbs, sugar and crap...

any prayers if you've got them....everything in our house seems to be breaking at the same time...we already had to re-do the electrical system this fall...now our furnace needs replacing...also my car is running iffy and DH just had to replace the brakes on his truck, which he did himself...AND my wedding band cracked and i have to fix it...we need some money from the sky LOL what karma god have we pissed off? LOL ack!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I tried posting last night after my Shriner's Meeting but I could not connect with the 3FC server.

Krystal Congrats on finding a solution to junk food at work!! Way to go!!

Kristiina I see you are trying some fasting. I believe that they are good if you don't get too carried away. Back in the 70's I went on several 10 day water only fasts. They worked so well that I foolishly decided to try a longer one. I went 40 days on nothing but water. I ended up in a hospital, the doctors informed me that my liver had totally quit functioning and that they believed my death was inevitable. Apparently they forgot to check with God who had other plans for me. My liver miraculously started functioning again and has never given me trouble again. For me short fasts are OK long ones are a NO NO.

Jo After reading your post I went back though last weeks postings. You are so right Krystal is hot in those pictures!!

Alaskan I hope you start feeling better and get rid of your pains. Good job on staying with it despite the pain.!!

Star Hi

ItsMyTurn Hi

Yesterday morning was a 2 lb loss to 218 lbs

Yesterdays food totaled 899 calories,
Breakfast Egg Beaters and fat free cheese in a mug
Morning Snacks 8 raw radishes, 2 tangerines and 24 strawberries
Lunch I skipped lunch
Afternoon Snacks 1 medium banana, 1 cucumber peeled and sliced in vinegar
Dinner 2 hot dogs at the Shriner's meeting (not the most healthy choice but oh well)

I had a major whoosh yesterday (last night??) I was up every 1/2 hour to pee. Lost 4 pounds down to 214 now

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 04-04-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #48  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning

Not much to report. I indulged a bit last night ~ I have not tallied up the damage on MFP yet ~ BUT I skipped my spike day on Sunday, so I did not feel bad about it. Scale was at 147.5, so not too bad.

My hip hurts. I am taking a day off from walking. It is sunny outside so I will try to get some gardening in.

Larry Jo and I are trying out this new life style called IF. I am loving it! I basically eat between 12 noon and 6 pm. 2 times per week I take 24 h break. I may eat around 5 pm on Wednesday and I fast until 5 pm on Thursday. Sundays are my spike days.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #49  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

all this talk of fasting makes me want to see if i could do it too...i have such poor willpower though when it comes to food LOL and i worry that it would trigger a binge at the end of the fast...i have issues with "not having" food...its weird, like if i have food around to eat im fine, i could eat lettuce all day and be happy...but being told i CANT eat, is a huge trigger to either binge or sneak food...and im not sure where i ever got that from...maybe it's a form of rebellion, because i HATE with a passion being TOLD what to do lol

i didnt run today but i DID walk a 5K distance on the treadmill at 15% incline, the highest setting, at speeds up to 3.4 which is fast for me and my hips that dont move/rotate much...i spent time learning how to walk up that incline without using the handlebars for balance...it's HARD(!) holy **** LOL but i'm working on it

i worked up just as much of a sweat as if i had been running...and i spent an hour doing that instead of the usual 45 minutes...feel like i have to do longer to compensate for not running it...still having pain behind my knee but its getting better...i'm afraid the first running step i take will bring it right back though
Old 04-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #50  

Hi guys! Just popping in to see how everyone is doing today.

I have had a good on plan day.

I did a fast5ish fast today, more like fast4, and am set up now to do a 24 hour from 5p to 5p.

Got my walk in and then did the core challenge. I wondered if the jumping rope would bother my tailbone, but I did not feel it one bit, AND I friggin loved that jump roping!!!!!!!!!!! I felt like a little girl again, (my favorite was my jump rope and my pogo stick ). It is not something I would have thought of to do myself and I am now going to add it to my regular routine, maybe like m-w-f or something. I am thinking about buying a better rope. I felt like it was really targeting both my core and the hard to reach spots like the hammies just under the butt. I don't get many plyometrics in, so that's great and jumping is so good for the Lymph system too. Note to self: next time use the bathroom before jumping rope I don't know how high my knees really got and my sets weren't sets of 100, but I did all 300 total and it felt great. Now the planks, I had to break up in to 15-30 second increments, how sad is that? Oh well, gotta start somewhere.
I may end up doing the steps challenge tomorrow because DH took Friday off and will probably mess up my mojo.

I am so happy I have you guys to inspire me, challenge me and introduce me to things I may not have thought of I don't know where I would be without you, probably back in fatville.

Larry, I knew you would look back at that thread, what guy wouldn't? Congrats on the whooshing and stringing together some on plan days.

Sum, hope your hip is feeling rested. My left hip that barks at me occasionally too.

K9, that is a real bikini you got, what are you talking about. Just because it isn't a string bikini doesn't mean it isn't a bikini! Have fun camping!

Star, Hi there, hope all is well with you!

Last edited by jomatho; 04-04-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #51  

Wow!! This thread sure has been quiet today

Today's calorie count was 1396. My plan is 1400. Guess I can't get closer than that I am 4 under plan!

Breakfast: Egg Beaters and Fat Free Cheese slice in a mug

Lunch: Liver, mashed potatoes and corn

Afternoon Snack: Two tangerines

Dinner: DW and I attended a Marine Corps League Spaghetti Fundraiser. We ate spaghetti with marinara sauce two meatballs and a salad with Italian dressing and black coffee.

My sodium ended up at 2126 mg, not terrible but more that my 1500 mg goal.

We will see what effect this has on my weigh in tomorrow morning

Larry
Old 04-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #52  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

hi guys!
I am under a great deal of personal stress atm!
Took a little break by having a couple Pina Coladas.
Not the BEST choice, but it was the one I made.
I'm tired, cranky, and emotional.
This too shall pass.....

I hope you all had a fab Wednesday. I did NOT!

for a better next few days away at the river!!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #53  

Wow!! I was worried that the spaghetti and sodium from yesterday would make me gain today. Instead of gaining, I am down another 2 pounds to 212 this morning.

Larry
Old 04-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #54  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm up very early this a.m.--packing for the river (uhm, not my K9 )
Although, she is going!

I'm taking my yoga mat & skipping rope to redo my Core Challenge. I'm a BIG dork like that!!
I'll run a mile or 2 tonight and Fri morning.
I'll be back on Saturday evening.

As mentioned on the MFP site. I am once again re-claiming 148 as my official weigh in. It's been since Feb 25 when I was 141.8 that I really looked at "The Scale Factor". I am discouraged and disappointed in myself.
I know many of you are shaking your heads in disgust.. I know I am!
The positive side of this--and this is what I choose to look at--is that I am not stopping logging or blogging just because of this setback.
Many people have come and gone from this site and others during times of regain or falling off the wagon (I don't really coin this term). But whatever you'd like to call it--being OFF PLAN--that's what it really is to me.

This whole concept is a struggle for me. I am discouraged beyond belief, even at my present weight--which I realize many people would love to be at.
This too shall pass......
Old 04-05-2012, 07:43 AM   #55  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Just checking in to let you know I am still here; will do personals once at work...
Old 04-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I'm up very early this a.m.--packing for the river (uhm, not my K9 )
Although, she is going!

I'm taking my yoga mat & skipping rope to redo my Core Challenge. I'm a BIG dork like that!!
I'll run a mile or 2 tonight and Fri morning.
I'll be back on Saturday evening.

As mentioned on the MFP site. I am once again re-claiming 148 as my official weigh in. It's been since Feb 25 when I was 141.8 that I really looked at "The Scale Factor". I am discouraged and disappointed in myself.
I know many of you are shaking your heads in disgust.. I know I am!
The positive side of this--and this is what I choose to look at--is that I am not stopping logging or blogging just because of this setback.
Many people have come and gone from this site and others during times of regain or falling off the wagon (I don't really coin this term). But whatever you'd like to call it--being OFF PLAN--that's what it really is to me.

This whole concept is a struggle for me. I am discouraged beyond belief, even at my present weight--which I realize many people would love to be at.
Okay, first let me say thank you for coming here and posting instead of hiding away ignoring it. These times are when we need each other the most.
You, my friend, are most certainly not 148. I know for a fact that you are training at an athlete level right now and the scale is not going to give you an accurate reading. Way too much happening inside your body with inflammation, healing and rebuilding. Yes, you say you have been eating around 3000 at times, but that is IMO probably not even maintenance for you for the level of activity you are putting your body through. There is no way you have gained almost 8 pounds, you would have had to eat 28,000 calories OVER what you needed to fuel all those workouts. You did not. I really, truly think you should just focus on that race and trying to fuel for the race, which means making the healthiest choices you can, but also eating enough. Once that is done, and you get back to doing what you know how, those extra pounds are going to fall back off.
I am so sorry you are frustrated right now. Just take a deep breath, know that what you have been doing is having positive effects on your health and your body, and let the rest of the battle in your head go. Enjoy your trip, it probably would not hurt in the least to take a rest day or two either.
Okay, I am babbling away, not sure if I am making sense, but I know you have got this, this will not defeat you. Stay the course.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post

Krystal As you said "This too shall pass"

Here is some willpower dust followed by some thoughts for you

Larry

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Fall seven times, stand up eight. ~Japanese Proverb

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. ~Harriet Beecher Stowe

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement - and we will make the goal. ~Jerome Fleishman

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. ~Edmund Hillary

If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again. ~Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker, © Flavia.com

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. ~M. Kathleen Casey

If you're going through ****, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn. ~Author Unknown

The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teresa

We acquire the strength we have overcome. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders. ~Jewish Proverb

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. ~Kenji Miyazawa

Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are. ~Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha

I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. ~Agatha Christie

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

When written in Chinese the word "crisis" is composed of two characters - one represents danger and the other represents opportunity. ~John F. Kennedy, address, 12 April 1959

It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

That some good can be derived from every event is a better proposition than that everything happens for the best, which it assuredly does not. ~James K. Feibleman

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears. ~John Vance Cheney

Defeat may serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out. ~Edwin Markham

Adversity is the first path to truth. ~Lord Byron

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown

Fortune knocks but once, but misfortune has much more patience. ~Author Unknown

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. ~Horace (Quintus Horatius Flaccus), Satires

There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity. ~Washington Irving, The Sketch Book, 1820

The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt. ~Max Lerner, The Unfinished Country, 1950

God uses suffering as a whetstone, to make men sharp with. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Problems are only opportunities with thorns on them. ~Hugh Miller, Snow on the Wind

God gave burdens, also shoulders. ~Yiddish Proverb

Man performs and engenders so much more than he can or should have to bear. That's how he finds that he can bear anything. ~William Faulkner

We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival. ~Winston Churchill

The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them. ~Bernard M. Baruch

It is foolish to tear one's hair in grief, as though sorrow would be made less by baldness. ~Cicero

I have woven a parachute out of everything broken. ~William Stafford

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss

Mishaps are like knives, that either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or the handle. ~James Russell Lowell, "Cambridge Thirty Years Ago," Literary Essays

Rock bottom is good solid ground, and a dead end street is just a place to turn around. ~Buddy Buie and J.R. Cobb, "Rock Bottom"

If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. ~Latin Proverb

Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall. Count your life with smiles and not the tears that roll. ~Author Unknown

But ne'er the rose without the thorn. ~Robert Herrick

God brings men into deep waters, not to drown them, but to cleanse them. ~John Aughey

Never give in... never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force... never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. ~Winston Churchill

You must be at the end of your rope. I felt a tug. ~Author Unknown
Old 04-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #58  

Larry, WOW! I hope Krystal enjoys these as much as I did. That was very sweet of you.

I liked several of them, but my favorite was this one:

There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity. ~Washington Irving, The Sketch Book, 1820
Old 04-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #59  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Krystal, I am sorry that you are feeling down! I hope this camping trip will lift your spirits! I think you look awesome! You have probably just gained a ton of muscle mass, holding onto some water weight from carbs. I was 147 pounds this morning, and I look like a You look fit and trim. If were to ask people to guess our weights, they would say you are 15 pounds less than I am. But I understand feeling down about this journey. it is long and filled with many obstacles!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #60  
Fat to Fab and Fit

3:22 pm and my fast is going very well. I am not even slightest bit hungry. I feel like I could just keep going. I had two pretty calorie rich days. And no I did not record all of it on MFP So what should I do? Should I fast longer than 24h? Go till tomorrow morning? maybe I will get hungry towards dinner time. -- I think this IFlife style is getting easier and easier. I have drank a ton of green tea with lemon; good cleansing drink.

I walked my 5.6 mile walk. -- My hip is bothering me. I think I have to skip my own challenge this week I completed Jo's and my arms are still sore, my tummy is sore from Krystal's. I could not do high knees with the rope. I have that bum ankle. If I bounce on it or jog, I feel the plate So I just skipped. I still got a nice workout.

Larry I love those quotes!! I copied them and saved them.

Star I keep thinking what a super woman you are! Full time working mothers rock! Talk about putting herself last I wish I could be there to let you get 12 h sleep one night!

Sending everyone
Closed Thread