Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #256  

Okay girls, we have to remember it is just PMS talking and that weight on the scale is the bag of water that comes with it. This too shall pass (spin that ring Kristiina). We will get through this and back on the weight loss train
Sum, I just made my first (successful) homemade greek yogurt last week and I love, love, love it. I plan to make another batch today or tomorrow from a bit of the last batch, and so on and so forth. And yes, that way you can use organic milk, with as much fat milk as you want and I am finding out you can control the sourness of it by how long you let it incubate too. I found this site the most helpful, but there are all kinds of different methods if you google it.
http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/skinny...e-greek-yogurt
As for the tummy tuck, you know I am all for it. I would be in the bed next to you if I could, me and my messed up belly

K9, camping now? You make me tired just thinking about your week!

Star, I hope work is better to you today. Way to take it out on the fur boy though
Old 04-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #257  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Krystal - Acck! I am so sorry to hear of the 150s. You were the one that figured out how to break your long plateau though, so no doubt you will figure this out. I am betting it's muscle replacement - afterall, you have gotten abs since and it took muscle tone to lift the hiney to the perfect spot like you did. Just a thought. I would gladly send you some of our heat here - have a feeling it's going to be a brutal summer. Today is supposed to be cooler, then tomorrow they are calling for high 70's and rain (that's cold)... but then back up again. I will take it though, my family in Maine just got snow :O I don't have to shovel the sunshine

Jo - all you all are going to be finishing your TOM and I am just about to start. Not looking forward, but so far have been able to hold on to my positivity (when usually I am paranoid depressant, )

Sum -

Alaskan -
Old 04-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #258  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Another insane eating day for me I wonder if there is any sort of medicine that could help with PMS cravings?
I am fasting today. I feel hungry...crazy because I am sure I ate 3000 calories yesterday. It will be a loooong day, but this cycle has to stop.

I will check back later with personals....
Old 04-26-2012, 01:53 AM   #259  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

ate well today....went to the gym today....solved 4829 arguments amongst kids at work today, doled out some consequences and sent one child home early for bad behavior/violence

made a crockpot stew that everyone loved...meted out more consequences to the teenager who thinks he can get away with stuff....attended the board of directors meeting for an education organization that i participate on

cleaned the kitchen....put the littlest bug to bed and now i can sit down for the day

my feet hurt
Old 04-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #260  

How's my bloated group of friends doing today?

I am just alright. I am on day 2 of TOM, I slept like poopola last night and I still feel watered down. Other than that, I am good .

Got my walk in, but that will probably be it for today. Just gonna get done what I need to and let the day lead me where it does. A nap may be in order.

I made my 24 hr. fast yesterday, ended at 2:00pm. Today, I will just eat normal and maybe try to get a somewhat shorter fast in again tomorrow. I hope they are doing me some good, because I still eat the same amount of calories so it doesn't work for me that way. I know the reason some people fast is to cut down on the calories. I seem to eat the same amount whether I fast or not

I have some new pics I want to post, but don't have the energy right now.

Hope everyone is hanging on, riding out this wave.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #261  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Woo-Hoo TOM is here Krystal 151 for me this morning as well I feel like I had to remove my wedding rings last night because I was afraid they were going to cut circulation, I am sooo bloated. -- Cravings are gone now tho so once this bloat leaves, maybe I will be back down to 148.

I have not walked for 2 days, I just did not feel like it. My hip hurts and I thought by taking a few day break could do some good. P will be home tonight and I am sure he wants to walk with me each day for the next 3 days. -- Welcome home honey ... hehe; he may wanna walk out because both of his ladies are under the spell of TOM. (My poor son, who can not escape).

Jo I slept poorly as well, I was soooo HOT! I had to wash my sheets today mid 40's really SUCK! Part of my higher weight could be the fact that I drank 1 liter bottle of water last night. I kept waking up parched! -- Congrats on your fast!! Do you think it is getting easier? -- I ate today until 12 noon and I am fasting till 12 noon tomorrow. Like I said, my insane cravings are gone.... Now I think I can do my flat belly cure diet. Wanna join me?

Alaskan solved 4829 arguments amongst kids at work today... not 4831? Hehe! You go girl!

Krystal I am sorry for the 151!! maybe once this race is over you can eat lighter and less carbs. -- But 151 just sucks!! Is your toe ready to run the race? I will keep thinking about you all day on the 28th. What time do you start running? You will get loads of positive vibes from me

Star Any relief on the heat front?

Well I am off to take a shower and make myself looking all pretty for my hubby After 20 years of marriage, my heart still takes an extra beat when he gets home. Esp. when he has been gone for 3 nights. I missed him!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #262  
Lifelong Alaskan!

im at work getting ready for my students....i didnt work out this morning, instead i went on a field trip with my son's kindergarten class to the sealife center in town...was a fun trip and he likes it when i do things with his class...i was REALLYYYY tempted not to go because i WANTED my gym time LOL but his field trips are so rare that i decided it was more important to go with him, just for today
Old 04-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #263  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Alaskan: You are the 2nd busiest person i know!!

Kristiina & Jo: TOM has left the building!! Thank the Lord!!

Star: I'm still awaiting a heat transfer!

As reported on MFP: My toe is 96% now..almost completely well--THANK YOU DR. APPLING!
This excerpt from an email sent to me by one of my MFP friends:
"...My first full marathon was the country music. We stood in the corrals during the most torturous storm. Water was up to our ankles & we were soaked. The race was delayed for over an hour while storm passed. Rain stopped & sun came out in full force. It was awful! About mile 18 they were handing out ziplocs full of ice & water. I was so depleted. And sunburned!!! Yuck! I survived...barely, and went on do do 2 more marathons. Have no desire to do country music again since the weather is so unpredictable this time of year."

When it rains here, it's not just a little morning shower..it's effin torrential storms! So completely unpredictable too. Complete flooding followed by tornadoes....especially this time of year.
As a matter of fact, I'm surprised we haven't had one yet! that we don't!!

More later. I'm packing.....AGAIN!
Oh, and our camping trip was just horrid with 50-65mph wind gusts with a effin wind advisory both days
DH and I came home early & he didn't even get to fish!!

Last edited by K9Owner; 04-27-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #264  
Lifelong Alaskan!

lol i like to be busy it was a good day at work, eating has been well...veggies n cheese for dinner, a little later will have a small protein shake...im home with the boys tonight, DH is going out to ride his motorcycle for awhile

tomorrow is a usual friday....running the boys around, working, etc...saturday is a work day for my teenager...who got in trouble

he stole a LOT of money from his brother's piggybank and lied about it....i explained some things that scared him, such as what happens when teenagers commit crimes, police, juvenile court etc etc and how they have to do community service hours to make up for their crimes...and then i assigned him a community service day of helping do yard work for a friend of mine who is pregnant with twins and has no one to do those things for her

hope i handled it right *sigh*
Old 04-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #265  
~Krystal~

Quick post before I head out:
Today's wt: 149
Happy about that.
Spoke to a MD yesterday, who affirmed my knowledge that I can't be medicated for underactive thyroid, even with "low end of normal".
It has to be something else.
I also have Iron-Deficiency Anemia. I inherited it from my mom. Perhaps that's the culprit.

Moving on to the race: As I have told you all before, I live in tornado alley it seems! The south is known for torrential rain, flooding, and tornadoes!
As a result, there was a tornado south of Nashville last night, in the town of Franklin. I have relatives there--one of whom is running the 1/2.
There is NOT supposed to be that type of activity today or tomorrow NO RAIN!!!

I'm super hyper as are all of my friends that are participating. There is 5 of us in all, with 2 other girls going to volunteer at the Finish Line!
7 ladies together for a post-race party!!
I can hardly wait

I hope you all are doing well. I miss you guys! It's not the same not sharing everything with you, but I will update more as I can!!

Happi Friday

Race Time: April 28, 7am CST
Old 04-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #266  

I cannot believe it is Friday already!

Krystal, GOOD LUCK! Sending good vibes your way
Old 04-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #267  
Lifelong Alaskan!

its the end of friday for me cleaned house this morning, worked out this morning, weighed in at 192.4 after my workout, which is a NEW LOW (!) for me...hope it sticks around...but ive seriously NEVER seen that low of a weight in my entire adult life

also on the field trip yesterday i could walk down the aisle of a school bus without having to wiggle my hips around to get through, my hips didnt even touch the seats by a long shot!! so that was cool

busy at work with very little staff today....went to a bonfire tonight and ate fresh-caught baked salmon which probably put me a little over on calories but it was very healthy
Old 04-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #268  
~Krystal~

RACE DAY
.... ....

Last edited by K9Owner; 04-28-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #269  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I woke up at 6:55 am, and my first thought was you Krystal!!!
Good luck girlfriend!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #270  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Krystal - Good luck!!!! Kick some butt!!! You should have gotten the heat I sent you, it even cooled here because I sent so much

In the middle of TOM and still down on scale this week. By gory, I think I got this figured out!
Closed Thread