~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

STAR
Old 04-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #227  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I ran across this guy's website when I was researching IF.

http://www.jorgecruise.com/storage/B...REE%20Menu.pdf

I am going to follow his 3 day eating plan this upcoming week. I will do 24 fast; I ate around 3 pm today (way too much and 800 calories worth chocolate covered raising )...therefore I will fast tomorrow and follow his eating plan for the following 3 days. He even adds 5-10 oz of wine

Last edited by Sum38; 04-21-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #228  
~Krystal~

Kristiina: Very interesting! Let me know how you do with that plan for 3 days.
One more week of carb load, then I can get serious!!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #229  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Sassy Water

2 liters water (about 8 ½ cups)
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
12 small mint leaves.

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let flavors blend overnight.

ETA: I just made it. I did not have fresh ginger, but I added a pinch of powdered ginger. I had dried mint leaves from my garden (from last year)

Last edited by Sum38; 04-21-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #230  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am trying this for dinner tomorrow, looked interesting

Crock Pot Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Turkey Chili
Submitted by: LERBICELLA

A sweet little twist on the classic turkey chili...
Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Cook: 150
Number of Servings: 5

Ingredients

1 Package - 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey (I use Shday Brook Farms, which only comes in 1.23 lb, or about 3 lb pacakges. I use the 1.23 lb package for this recipe)
1 can - Kidney beans (do not drain liquid)
12 oz. - Any tomato sauce (homemade or jar)
1/2 jar - Old El Paso Fresh Mexican Style Smooth Pineapple Chile Salsa
5 oz. - Crushed Pineapple (I use Dole crushed pineapple in juice)
Chili Powder (as much or as little as suits your taste)

Directions
- Brown the turkey over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours.
- Top with low fat sharp cheddar or fat free sour cream, if it suits you.

Tip: This dish tends to have a little kick to it due to the Pineapple Chile Salsa, so if you prefer something a little less spicy, I recommend skipping the extra chili powder.

Makes approximately 5-6 servings.

Number of Servings: 5

CALORIES: 172.6 | FAT: 2.6g | PROTEIN: 24g | CARBS: 14.6g | FIBER: 2.1g

Adding; red pepper. corn and sweet onion. I am rinsing the beans to avoid extra sodium and adding water or chicken stock if needed.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #231  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

that sounds like a good recipe...i havent tried cooking anything new in awhile

ugh what a day busy this morning with errands and chores...decided not to do the work to the lawn because it's too expensive and time-intensive for me, wanted to till the outside of the fence and put flower seeds down but DH doesnt want me to do that, talked about starting a vegetable garden but it's not gonna work out either the way i'd hoped it would...and THEN there's more drama with my sister

she struggles with mental health problems and alcohol use...they've been drinking alot lately, she fell out of bed (loft bed kind of) while drunk/passed out and damaged her knee where it may need surgery but doesnt remember falling out of it because of being drunk(?)...her neighbor says her bf has been beating on her but i'm not sure i believe the neighbor either...or if any of that is connected...she texted me last night at midnight and then called my phone before i was even awake this morning...said that the voices in her head have identified itself as our dead sister (yes we actually DO have a dead sister)

neighbor gets ahold of me thsi afternoon....sister and her bf got in a verbal fight with neighbor's DH, threatened to kill him and then they left in bf's truck which is strewn with empty beer cans and her bf is on probation and not supposed to drink....police are looking for them now

OMGGGG (!) i just want to pull my hair out....what a freaking frustrating and exasperating day!!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #232  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Sum and Krystal - Thank you for the props I was stoked to see the plateau break... FINALLY!!!! Here's hoping it continues

Sum - that sounds like an interesting plan. He seems to use a bunch of dairy and creamy stuff in the recipes though, so not an option for me. I have been checking into IF and looking around myself, just mainly so I understand what you all are doing more I like to know how to properly encourage You all offer up so much support for me, I do try to reciprocate

Alaskan - sounds like a mess and a lot on a plate at your place

Krystal - Hope work goes well for you

Today it was 103 according to the news, all I knew is it was HOT I didn't do an official workout, but hung by/in the pool all day - rough life I gotta tell ya, Tomorrow it's supposed to be a few degrees warmer, so going to do my run in the morning before the temps start to rise too high. It won't be very encouraging for my son in the direction of fitness if mommy collapses on the run, Have a super night all!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:22 AM   #233  
~Krystal~

Another MFPer & 3FCer lives in CA & reported it was 104 there today!!
Uhm....helloooooo
How about spreading the heat around
It was in the 60s here!!
I'm ready for 80s!! 90s!!!
I'd settle for 75 at this point!!

Alaskan: I wouldn't even know what to say to you in the midst of all that drama! WOW!! to you. That MUST be tough between sisters. My sissy and I are close. I couldn't imagine if she were anything like your sister.

Work is rescheduled for Sun & Mon night, due to low census.
I'm not complaining. I worked more on the invitations. I am miraculously almost finished!!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #234  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I have been doing a lot of soul searching.

-- Working is out. Just because of our family dynamics, I had very little left after taxes and third, MI is dead; I would have really hard time finding a position -- Soooo.... I think I am going to go back to school. I will do medical field (Krystal is probably screaming noooooo). I am interested in two areas; Pharmacy and PA (Anesthetist). I have nothing but time right now, and college would be discounted because my DD is starting this fall, and even further discounts when DS starts it. PLUS, I love school.

I need something. I am busy with the kids, but they are nearly grown. I am alone all day long at home, and meeting friends for lunch got old pretty quick.

What do you think? Plus walking around campus would be good exercise
Old 04-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #235  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Alaskan Yikes! My sis is a total nut case, but she does not have problems like yours. Sorry!

Star that is HOT. -- 55 here but sunny. Looking forward to a nice, cool walk.

Last edited by Sum38; 04-22-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #236  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Sum - I think that is a great plan! I am going back for criminal justice with side of sociology (as soon as the wait list gets to me) while working full time and 3 kids. If I can do it, you can totally rock it!!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #237  
~Krystal~

Sounds like a great plan Kristiina.
Although, me--personally-I'd consider MOVING first!!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #238  
Fat to Fab and Fit

My family is in constant change DD decided that she does not want go away for college. I don't blame her. She skipped a grade and she just started freaking out for being on her own, so she will do pre-pharm program 10 minutes away from home. It is a great school and she has a full ride there. She will be part of their honor's college with class sizes 10-20 It will also save us a ton what comes to room and board etc. Pharm D program is a PhD program and on 4th year she will start paying for PhD credit hour fees. So I am not sad at all I was worried about her, so this will buy atleast another year at home; maybe she will get an apartment with some girls next year.... so this changed our moving plans. We will stay here atleast for 3 more years then. I could start my courses as well.

Back to weightloss

I did 24 h fast and it was really easy. I was so dumb yesterday.....I kinda gorged on cheese and chocolate covered raisins...so I was in pain until this afternoon I did not WANT to eat. -- When am I going to learn that I can not eat cheddar cheese in large quantities???!!! I made nachos for myself and I did not skimp on cheese.
I did not weigh this am, it was probably horrid.

I have been drinking my sassy water all day and I really like it. It is supposed to be good on tummy bloat (not just after cheese indulgent, but any..hehe). I bought fresh ginger and mint and I will make another pitcher for tomorrow.

I have Crock Pot Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Turkey Chili just about ready and what I can tell, it is quite tasty. Tastes like Sweet and Sour chicken.

Tomorrow I will start following my 3 day belly fat cure diet. (Ugh, I hate that word).

I walked with P and Shadow, and now it is time for me to torture my upper body.

Ta-Ta for now.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #239  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

happy earth day!! i went for a 7 mile bike ride instead of a car drive this afternoon in celebration i had rest days from the treadmill this weekend, i planned it that way...i did a 5K for 5 days straight of fast incline walking and chose to give my body a rest...but i just couldnt resist doing SOMETHING so i went for a bike ride instead...was a nice ride, almost sunny and temps in the low 50s...am also doing errands and laundry today and put a pork bbq in the oven to slow roast...

as for my sister, things turned out as good as could be i suppose....they came back to their trailer, cops showed up and banged on their door, they refused to open the door, bf's probation officer showed up so they let him in...her bf passed his breathalyzer test (probation requirement) and cops searched their trailer and didnt find anything....because they hid it while they refused to open the door to begin with...my sister who reeked of alcohol said she laid in bed and pretended to be passed out drunk so the cops wouldnt harass her *sigh* and nothing ever came of it....no charges, her bf is fine on his probation, etc....chalk up a few more gray hairs on MY head though ughhh
Old 04-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #240  

Hey all, I just wanted to drop in quickly to say I am doing alright, I have been pretty busy this weekend getting my youngest ready for his first track meet of the season on Tues. and for his trip to DC on Wednesday. What a chore.

Not sure what my goals are for this week, I usually have some kind of plan. I guess I will just do the same ****, different week
Closed Thread