3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Slow Dancing With A Stranger {10} "A Month of Challenges" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/256061-slow-dancing-stranger-%7B10%7D-month-challenges.html)

jomatho 04-15-2012 08:40 AM

I think you guys are awesome :grouphug:

We had a blast last night. This was my first true silent/live auction, I have been to others at smaller events, but this was HUGE. We didn't bid on anything, we just watched and learned for next year. There was so much going on at once, silent bidding, live bidding, raffle drawings, 50/50 drawings, door prizes, omg, it was like sensory overload. But I am a quick learner, and I think I would know what I was doing next time. I told DH, next year, I am in on that action!
The dinner was fabulous and I was still trying to stick to my calorie goals since I was not spiking yesterday and even with 2 small glasses of wine (I was the DD last night) and dessert, I still came in at around 1500 for the day, yay!

I have decided today I am going to spike. I feel like I need to refuel. My deficit this week is huge and I need to make some of that back or my body is going to rebel big time, probably why I am bouncing around so much this week. My body does not like a large deficit.

We have a banquet to go to tonight. I will wear a pr. of slacks that I already owned and one of the cute tops I bought. Not sure which one yet. It's fun getting dressed up now. It used to be such a source of stress for me.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

alaskanlaughter 04-15-2012 02:01 PM

i am still here...i dont post alot because i dont have much new to say lol...walking another 5K of high incline yesterday...ran errands, took the kids to do some fun stuff, did laundry and house chores...same old, same old stuff so i dont bother to write alot of it down here...today is a rest day, ive done a 5K walking inclines for 7 days in a row and decided to give myself a rest although i feel like i could still work out today...rode my bike the other day for a few miles also....its hard on my tailbone bones and i have to work up to distance on my bike every spring...its not my muscles that have a problem, my bones dont like that kind of pressure, feels like i bruised my sitting bones

K9Owner 04-15-2012 02:33 PM

Why the apples did NOT work for me, especially at work.....
I was doing great, no hunger....about 9pm, I walked into a patient's room to medicate her. Her husband had just cut a red delicious apple. I looked at it and as soon as I leaned over to get her water for her to take her meds, I smelled this apple. I became UNCOMFORTABLY nauseated. It was ridiculous! Then, I started having abdominal cramps as if TOM were knocking down my door. OMG! I was about to be sick all over this lady!
Luckily, I did not vomit, nor did I have any other episodes at work.
Instead, I had that urgent sense of "Give me a piece of toast or a cracker" that you get when you are nauseated.
I had a turkey sandwich from work, then had DH bring me a chicken wrap from home, instead of ordering :jeno: w/the rest of them.

I have had so many off plan/over calorie days, I'm really not sure what OP is anymore :(

alaskanlaughter 04-15-2012 05:22 PM

oohhh krystal just the thought makes me feel ill :( ugh sooo sorry...im mildly sensitive to apples as is, they make my stomach hurt if i eat an apple by itself, bad cramps

wish i had some good advice on how to get back on plan and under calories ((hugs)) i struggle with that too

K9Owner 04-15-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter (Post 4294536)
...its hard on my tailbone bones and i have to work up to distance on my bike every spring...its not my muscles that have a problem, my bones dont like that kind of pressure, feels like i bruised my sitting bones

I had this problem, but it was the bike seat!!
I went to WalMart, bought a granny "big booty" seat & can ride for 8-10 miles at a time now. They also make padded butt shorts you could try if you are really into biking!! :lol:

alaskanlaughter 04-15-2012 08:15 PM

i did buy a cushioned seat to use, which makes it bearable...it just takes getting used to

i think it's because i damaged my tailbone twice as a teenager...and also my hips were uneven by 3 inches for awhile or so i was told...and also my spine is messed up...it's fixed as good as can be, but i have an extra vertebrae, plus my lower spine (L5 area) is twisted and somewhat collapsed inward....chiropractor told me xrays show one vertebrae twisted completely around facing inward instead of outward ....

Sum38 04-16-2012 07:47 AM

Greetings from blustery Michigan and Happy Tax day! (ugh, we owe sooooo much this year)

Monday, Monday.... So much to do.

I am going to fast today. My eating has been "meh", I have not logged it. I am hoping to get my mojo back and kick butt this week.

A VERY busy week ahead... Cam has 3 baseball games & practice on other days, Kati has High School Musical, Kati and I are taking a self defense class (4 week class), million errands, house is a HUGE mess ~ I think I let my family have too much fun :lol: ~ and all my stuff to do, and let's not forget the favorite child; Shadow needs her daily 80 minute walks + 20 minute swimming session. -- I am glad I am am so busy though. It will keep me sane ;)

Jo I am so glad you had a nice weekend and nice party. I loved reading how you are feeling thin! You just sound happy and pretty :hug:

Krystal You will find your detox. Have you looked into any kits? I know the apple one is supposed to be very good tho.

Star Yikes; that was one great day! You go girl!!!

:wave: to everyone else!

Well I am off to do my walk first. Everyone have a FAB and FIT day!

jomatho 04-16-2012 10:19 AM

I am soooo tired today and I have soooo much to do. . .

I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and much much earlier than I wanted to.

Makes me wonder if TOM is closer than I think it is. I just feel dragged out.

I did get my walk in, we just made it before a huge downpour!

I'll pop in later when I hopefully am feeling a little spunkier.

ItsMyTurn 04-16-2012 11:00 AM

Krystal - that was not where I thought you were going with doing the apple cleanse. Dang. Sorry to hear that.

Alaskan - I hope you are able to build up to the mileage you want on the bike eventually

Jo - Great job getting in the walk before the downpour! Sometimes nature has different timing then we do :lol:

Sum - Sounds like you are booked solid! Have fun though!

Our new doggie seems to be adapting well to his new environment. Son and I are SUPER sore from the recent workouts. Still no movement on the scale for this week either, even with the exercise being "upped" so much more. Starting to wonder if it's a food reaction? Who knows. Either way, I am tickled at all the other progress, so I stay with it
Have a safe day to the start of the week all!

K9Owner 04-16-2012 12:31 PM

Kristiina: :yay: for making commitments with the children! That's awesome! You will be super busy this week. You're like a super mom!
I've done detox kits before, but never a food one.
Good luck with the fast today! You got this gf!!

Jo: So glad to hear you enjoyed yourself at the auction. What exactly was being auctioned off?

Alaskan: The only way to get back OP and under cals is to stop eating at your allotted #. :lol: That sounds pretty easy huh!! :rofl: If if were that easy everyone would be doing it, right?? I feel completely defeated atm. I sure hope this passes quickly.

Star: A new poochie!! :yay: Where's our pic??? I would love to get another pup, but we literally have no where to house another one atm. I already feel like I live in a kennel! :lol: I have Riv in the bed with me and DH, Jax is right at my feet, there is NO room left in our bed! I know they need their own bed, but tbh, I'd rather sleep w/Riv :lol:
Sorry there hasn't been any movement on the scale for you either. What is up with the scale not moving the correct way for any of us? Does it seem like other 3FC members have it easier and all figured out? :chin:

AFM: As stated on MFP, I have a very infected Left Big Toe, with an ingrown toenail!
This is what happened....I was cleaning my feet Tues. night. I pulled some dead skin out from around all of my toes. I hate crusty-looking feet! I accidentally poked this particular toe with a pair of very sharp needle-point tweezers. Didn't think anymore about it. It wasn't hurting nor bleeding. Went to the gym Wed. it seemed fine. Went hiking Thurs/Fri & played tennis. By the end of this hike on Fri, I had to take my shoes off. I was in soooo much pain! Saturday night, I went to work and had to literally take my shoes off and put on disposable surgery shoe covers to make my morning rounds. I have been taking Advil for the inflammation and last night, I started taking an antibiotic that I had at home for skin infections. This is like the LAST thing I needed!

On another note....DH and I FINALLY finished our taxes yesterday. We are actually getting a refund :yay: Every year, I start asking him to do them on Feb 1. & every year, we wait and wait and wait until April 15!! Such procrastination :p

On the "Scale Factor" note....I am back up to where my body loves to be {148}. I think it has a lot to do with the 7000g of sodium last Thurs & Fri. What do you all think? :lol: I can only laugh about it.

On the Gym note.....No workouts for me until this toe heals. I have 12 days until the race. I can barely walk around my house on it, much less head to the gym for a workout! :cry:

I hope you all have a fabulous Monday!

ItsMyTurn 04-16-2012 02:46 PM

Krystal - I sure do hope the toe heals before your 1/2 mary!! Sorry no pics yet... poor lil guy was given a mercy-grooming at the shelter, so going to give him a week to adjust... do a real good bath and trim and then post pics. I still think it's funny we went for DD to do research on a project and I walk out with a pooch, LOL

Sum38 04-16-2012 03:00 PM

Krystal that is a big outch! Toe and finger pain are the worst!

K9Owner 04-16-2012 03:14 PM

So, sitting at home being able to do limited activity does not wear well on me.
I have eaten 1300 cals (feels like a ton) & am so bored at home, I could easily down another 1300! :stress:
This toe is feeling better, but it sure doesn't look better! It looks like there is a growth on it, full of sero-sanguinous fluid--that's TMI, sorry. I think it was caused by dirt getting in it on the hikes and irritating it combined with my sneakers enclosing the toes in for such a long period of time.
I have Bacitracin on it as well as a small piece of gauze under the nail to allow it to breath and heal. I have been soaking it in Epsom Salt 3-4x/day and have it covered with a bandage.
Anyone guess I am a RN yet?? :lol:

alaskanlaughter 04-16-2012 03:47 PM

using the word sero-sangui-whatsit gave you away as an RN LOLOL

hope your toe gets better :(

K9Owner 04-16-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter (Post 4296086)
using the word sero-sangui-whatsit gave you away as an RN LOLOL

:rofl: