Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 02:42 PM   #61  
Seen any cute shoes???

Angry Hi there, kinda new here

Hi everyone...

I don't know if you will remember me, but I was around here about a year and a half ago. I notice there are still some around that were here then. It's nice to see familiar faces.

Anyway, to reintroduce myself. I'm Cheri (29--ack 30 in June) I'm married to Donald, and I'm momma to Nathan (4) Daniel (2) and Elijah (5 months).

I'm here to get to know you all and seek and give support in this weight lost endevor/lifestyle change. I had 3 babies in a little over 4 years and my body shows it...now it's time to take those baby steps back to health.

Looking forward to success, together!
Cheri
Old 03-26-2003, 03:41 PM   #62  
Woman on a Mission

Hi Cheri and Welcome Back Glad you found us again. I remember you and hope that you and your family are doing well. Kids must be growing by leaps and bounds eh?

Post often and let's keep each other motivated.

I hear you on the birthday of 30...mine is is August but I promised myself to be in the best shape I knew how to be in for that milestone and I'm so happy and proud to know that this year I did it.

Take care and we'll talk to you soon,

Pam
Old 03-26-2003, 08:09 PM   #63  

Hi Cheri - My name is Meg, and I am 33 (34 on May 2nd). I am married to Dan (33), and have no children, but two kittens (Oscar & Sneak). I am from Chicago, and am currently following the Atkins plan.

I am so glad that you are joining us again, and we look forward to supporting & being supported by you!

Talk to you later!
Meg
Old 03-26-2003, 09:22 PM   #64  
Ginny

Hi Cheri,
I am DAhlia, 53 married to Joe, have 5 sons, 20,23,25,27, & 29. Two are married, have 3 grandbabies, boy and girl 2, and a boy 1. They are the lights of my life..

I am trying low-fat and portion control to lose weight, fighting age and medications, but keep trying.... this is a great place to get support for any reason.. great bunch of ladies in here, and I am glad to be a part of it... so welcome aboard again... hope to get to know you better...as we all strive for our goals together, and praise and cheer each other on....

Dahlia
Old 03-26-2003, 09:29 PM   #65  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Cheri..yes..we remember you..welcome back!..now we know what you've been doing ( gone over a year..Elijah 5 months) Congratulations on the addition to the family btw
I'm back to let you know that i've had another good day and i walked 3 miles today i've got to stick with it this time..just got to get rid of hubby earlier..he cramps my style sitting around the house of a morning i don't know why but i just don't feel like i can get going until he's outta the way
I'm just waiting for my dinner i'm having homemade stewed beef with oven baked fries and summer peas..followed by light strawberry/cream icecream..2 cones..i'm having 2 because they're only 22cals each and some pineapples (my fave).
It's ready so i'm off.

Last edited by cat90; 03-26-2003 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-26-2003, 11:09 PM   #66  

Cat - glad to hear you are back on track!

I went to the gym and lifted today, and then followed with 5 minutes on the stairmaster. That thing is a torture device!

See you tomorrow!
Meg
Old 03-27-2003, 08:40 AM   #67  
Woman on a Mission

Good Morning all,

Cat great job yesterday. One day at a time my friend.

Terry, awesome loss! I'm so proud of you and your dedication...come this summer...whoo hoo...look out..

Still fighting this stupid head cold and work is too busy to take another day off so I'm armed and dangerous with Sudafed and Halls. I smell terrific let me tell you.

Well I best go hit the showers and get to work this morning.

Will write more when I get the chance.

Hi to all and have a great day,

Pam
Old 03-27-2003, 11:15 AM   #68  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies
Dinner was so goooood last night and tasted all the better because my stomach was growling like a grizzly i don't know about the rest of you but having a rumbling tummy is not normal for me
Pam..hope you feel better soon..it must be rotten having to work like that
Meg..i absolutely hate stepper's so i'm sure i'd hate that thing..is it like an escalator at the mall? if it is i've tried one at the Y those things are really steep
I'm going to exercise earlier today if hubby's here or not..he can't see me anyway i'm on the floor above..BBL
Old 03-27-2003, 11:23 AM   #69  
Connecticut

Morning!

Welcome back Cheri and congrats on the birth of your new babe! I see our Cat can count! Good luck with your weight loss and we all need to remember to take it one day and "ten pounds at a time!"

Hope you are feeling better today Ms. Pam!

Morning Dahlia and Meg and Cat and Emily and Grandma (hope all is well!) ..... and anyone else I may have missed.

Meg, I belonged to a gym a few years ago and hated the Stairmaster bigtime -- good for you to keep at it though .

Cat, I am so proud of you for getting back on track yesterday -- amazing what a little guilt can do, huh?! I hate it when Russ is home "off hours" because I feel like he's invading my time and my turf and disrupting my routine. I sound like a little kid I know! We will be married 27 years this September and you'd think he'd learn by now! Your dinner sounded really yummy by the way.

Taking the day off from work today to take my mom to the doctor -- her arthritis is bothering her. Then perhaps I'll take her shopping afterwards if she is up to it. I didn't fall asleep until after 3am last night for whatever reason and slept in this morning -- feel like a slug with no energy and no motivation. I guess I am more acclimated to my "back at work routine" than I thought.

OK, ladies, time to force myself to pick up around here and then put the dogs out -- their eyeballs are turning yellow!

Have a great Thursday and see y'all later ....

Always, Terry
Old 03-27-2003, 01:12 PM   #70  
Gym'll fix it!!

those dogs sounds full up Terry do they look like this or this i've just been browsing on Ebay and i came across an "old farts exercise video" almost bought it : Have a great day with Mom i'm off to treadmill, hubby is still sat at the dining table but he's been fed and is engrossed in Jerry Springer and CNN..flicking between the two channels..they drive you mad don't they? i could shout "FIRE" right now and it would'nt matter but at least i know i'll be left in peace..BBL.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:08 PM   #71  

Boy, my legs are KILLING me this morning. But I am determined to go to the gym today. Unfortunately, today is supposed to be a running day, and I hope I can make my way thru it. That stairmaster is the !

Meg
Old 03-28-2003, 11:58 AM   #72  
Gym'll fix it!!

Confession time i ate too much yesterday..i blew it because i ate too much for lunch i was hungry and made too much and instead of quitting i ate it all then last night my tummy was growling so i had a small dinner (even fried fries) and a hot cross bun not to mention the packet of fruit-tella's i ate on the drive home (i thought chews would be a better choice to chocolate) anyway, all told i had about 2300cals and 55g fat but on the bright side i 'burned' 465 cals with exercise so i won't beat myself up too much i'll have some all-bran and wholewheat toast for brekky then hopefully i won't get the rumblings as bad today BBL
Old 03-28-2003, 12:39 PM   #73  
Connecticut

A quickie! Out the door, but wanted to stop by and say Hi! Meg -- good job!! Cathy -- confession time for me too -- no exercise for two days now. Stress got the better of me I am afraid ... hope to make up for it this weekend. BTW, after you yell "fire" and DH runs out the front door -- lock it so he can't come back in! Howdy Pam and Dahlia, Cheri, Grandma and Em!

Now I know I am losing it (my mind that is!) -- put the dogs on their run about 2 hours ago -- forgot to open the garage door to let them out! So they patiently waited all that time for mom to come back down ...... where's the wine when I need it??!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 12:39 PM   #74  

Hey Cat, with the cals you burned you are under 2,000 calories, so that isn't THAT bad!

Didn't get to the gym last night. My legs hurt too much. Tonight I am babysitting for my nephew, but I am going to try to go beforehand.

Believe it or not, I actually have work to do! I normally play games online all day (since the pay cut). It is hard to get back into the swing of things! How silly is that!

Going out for a salad for lunch - have a great day!
Old 03-28-2003, 02:26 PM   #75  
Gym'll fix it!!

that is so funny getting paid to play games all day..forgot how to do your job have you Meg?
Terry..having another 'senior moment' are you..watch out they are getting more frequent i'll count yours and you count mine believe me Terry..if i shout 'fire' hubby would just carry on watching CNN i've even had the smoke detector go off before now and he's slept through it! hmmm all i need to do now is get him heavily insured!
Closed Thread