Old 04-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Ahhh, TAM ~ that's too bad; let us know when you do go though. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun ...

HI JOSEY ~ we used to live in the country; now moved into town. It's better for us, esp now that we have no wheels. Both place have their advantages, but I am glad to be back in town.

MORE GOOD NEWS ~ a big NSV for me this month. I decided to measure myself today; as it's been a long while since I did. Well, drum roll for me ...... ta-da -- 26" total off my whole body. Really lost a lot off my upper arms, chest (boohoo), and my thighs of all places; only 3" off my tummy, but I'll take it. I know I lost off other places becuz I can see it, so this time I also measured my forearms, wrists, etc to get a more accurate idea of how much I'm losing everywhere. This is a great incentive to work even harder ...

Well, we had a bit of today so I hung out some laundry to dry; love doing that -- it always smells so fresh, esp the blankets, comforters, and linens. We're supposed to get even more sun over the weekend; sure hope they are right.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-20-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #32  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
Ahhh, TAM ~ that's too bad; let us know when you do go though. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun ...

HI JOSEY ~ we used to live in the country; now moved into town. It's better for us, esp now that we have no wheels. Both place have their advantages, but I am glad to be back in town.

MORE GOOD NEWS ~ a big NSV for me this month. I decided to measure myself today; as it's been a long while since I did. Well, drum roll for me ...... ta-da -- 26" total off my whole body. Really lost a lot off my upper arms, chest (boohoo), and my thighs of all places; only 3" off my tummy, but I'll take it. I know I lost off other places becuz I can see it, so this time I also measured my forearms, wrists, etc to get a more accurate idea of how much I'm losing everywhere. This is a great incentive to work even harder ...

Well, we had a bit of today so I hung out some laundry to dry; love doing that -- it always smells so fresh, esp the blankets, comforters, and linens. We're supposed to get even more sun over the weekend; sure hope they are right.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies ...
Woohooo! Great job! 26" is amazing!

Well, see hanging laundry out to dry is not allowed in Calgary. Bylaws... Nobody cares where we live though!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #33  
Rosebud

Quote:
Well, see hanging laundry out to dry is not allowed in Calgary. Bylaws...
What? You've got to be kidding ... I've never heard of that -- a bylaw against hanging laundry out. What is their reason for that?
Old 04-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #34  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
What? You've got to be kidding ... I've never heard of that -- a bylaw against hanging laundry out. What is their reason for that?
Yup, in Calgary. Not sure what the reasoning is. Looks?
No chickens in the city either. And I want chickens!!! :-)
Oh and did I mention no gardens in the front yard? No edibles allowed. Stupid really! Growing food should never be restricted by law.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #35  
Rosebud

Quote:
Yup, in Calgary. Not sure what the reasoning is. Looks?
No chickens in the city either. And I want chickens!!! :-) Oh and did I mention no gardens in the front yard? No edibles allowed. Stupid really! Growing food should never be restricted by law.
WHAT -- no food gardens? Really, and I can't even imagine a good reason for that. That sounds like "control" gone mad!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #36  
Rosebud

Quote:
It sounds like everything is going VERY well for you. Excellent work.

TAM ~ Thanks for the encouragement; but I wanted to share with you that -- yes, I am finally getting a handle on my emotions and my eating has been very good over this winter. I had to find ways to curb hunger pangs by increasing my lean protein intake, etc. Every week isn't perfect, but I am getting much, much better at this.

BUT, and there's always a "but" -- I have challenges that others do not have in their lives. I have physical challenges to deal with on a daily basis -- two bad knees (from injuries that are slowly getting better), a bad back from Spina Bifida, I walk with two canes; and, I still have a long, long way to go in my weightloss journey.

My DH has Asperger's Syndrome, and was diagnosed with Alzheimers last year on top of that. He has a hearing problem, a comprehension problem & a memory problem, that are very troublesome for him on a regular basis. He gets very agitated and frustrated about all of this, needless to say. It causes problems that people cannot imagine unless they've been through it. Just getting dressed, finding things, and making a snack or a coffee can be a challenge for him, but he still wants to do things for himself, and I can understand that.

I always tell people, "Don't envy others too much, because everyone has challenges in this life!"

So, while many things are going great for us, we have these extra daily issues to deal with, and that adds a lot of stress into my life. I am very thankful that I don't eat in response to them as much anymore. I am very aware of that now, and have found strategies to deal with it that are very helpful to me.

I'm not complaining, just explaining. My faith has carried me through thus far, and I'll rely on it as I continue on this "back to good health journey" that I'm on. Some people don't like the word "journey" but I think it is so appropriate and necessary, becuz I am changing my lifestyle habits for good this time.

If I make a mistake, I don't get so upset anymore; I forgive myself becuz that's a part of this learning experience. I still enjoy what I eat -- I'm not fanatical about it all. I've created a plan that I can stick to long-term; and so it has to be realistic too. So whether you are eating a cookie or an apple, it doesn't matter. Please do continue to come back. We enjoy your company very much ...
Old 04-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #37  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Rosebud - You're very kind. I certainly hope I haven't minimized your experiences to a single sentence. I'm sorry if it sounded like that. I have much respect for the challenges you face and now a little more understanding.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #38  
tamIam

Addendum:
SO excited... went to pay my soccer fees for the summer. Woot! Yeah! Time to get out the cleats and ...wait. Those soccer shorts don't fit any more. LOL. First on the list---
Time to get back to some cardio. That coach we have insists on practices. So time to shake the dust off the ...um. the gym card, the runners, the sports bra --you get the point. Love this season. I hope others are enjoying this lovely weather and having a great weekend!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #39  
Rosebud

That's great: have fun at your soccer games. When I was younger and in better health, I used to play intramural soccer in our breaks and at lunch time -- now there's a good exercise to get & keep you in shape, for sure.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #40  
Stevia Nicks

S/C/G: HW334/SW314/CW304/GW170

Height: 5'11"

Hello All,

I hope I'm not too late to the game here, but I'm really enjoying being able to get outside this spring, and would love to connect with fellow Canadians!
Luceia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #41  
Rosebud

LUCEIA ~ no-one's ever too late here; you're just in time really. We had lovely here for most of the day, with some brisk winds though. DH said it was chilly to be out for too long. The temps got up into the 50's, so I guess that's a quasi-spring ...

UNfortuneately, they are predicting some more white stuff for tomorrow, but I hope it melts as soon as it hits the ground. I can see the buds of our perennial garden coming up in the front beds, so there's a sign of spring. Just did laundry, meals, and light housechores today; did some lurking/reading and answering mail in the afternoon, plus made some headway in a romance novel too.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-23-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #42  
Stevia Nicks

S/C/G: HW334/SW314/CW304/GW170

Height: 5'11"

It's been phenomenally gorgeous here lately; a little chilly today, but they're predicting another great weekend coming up. Time to take the kidlets for a day of exercise and fun in the park? I think so!!
Luceia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #43  
Rosebud

LUCEIA ~ yes, I would definitely take advantage of that nice weather with the kiddies. It's still cold and windy here. Had a little more ***** fall this AM but it is a little bit lighter now; and DH is out there clearing the driveway so we can go out tomorrow.

I'm just sitting here letting my hair dry; it takes a long while. We had yummy leftovers for lunch today, and plan on having baked fish for dinner tonight. I will have salad & veggies with mine too. It's too damp and chilly to go out today; staying warm indoors.

Have a fabulous Friday everyone ...
Old 04-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #44  
tamIam

Gahhhh! TICKS. I hate them SO much. I wonder what the possibility is, of covering my whole self with mosquito netting for the next three months.
Blech. I am cautiously going for a walk. Perhaps I'll just never leave concrete ...ever again. Or touch my dogs. Nope? Maybe I need therapy. I feel crawly and itchy thinking about it.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #45  
tamIam

Hi Luceia! Welcome. I love Winnipeg. --You've got it all - Golden Boy! The Forks! Awesome University! Love the stevia nicks! Lol!