The Royal Sashay through 2012

You're on Page 12 of 18
Go to
  • Woot, wsw, it is like that with me also re the heat (live in Arizona), the temps go down a little and I go all woot and then we go back in triple digits and it knocks me for a loop, lol, like I didn't expect it.

I AM, if no one minds, going to post my streakity updates here more often. I enjoy posting them and think it motivates me to keep it up, even on days like today when I don't feel well.

Not sure where I left off posting them in this thread but, the last four are:

SATURDAY: Sept 22, 2012, Day 371 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 30 min walk, 5 min abs, total streakity streak minutes so far 26,345 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

FRIDAY: Sept 21, 2012, Day 370 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 60 min walk/jog, 60 min walk, total streakity streak minutes so far 26,310 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

THURSDAY: Sept 20, 2012, Day 369 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 30 min walk, 30 min weights, total streakity streak minutes so far 26,190 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

WEDNESDAY: Sept 19, 2012, Day 368 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 75 min walk, total streakity streak minutes so far 26,160 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)
  • Woot! Down 1.6! Finally breaking new ground!

SUNDAY: Sept 23, 2012, Day 372 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 60 min walk, total streakity streak minutes so far 26,405 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)
  • Not a lot to post right now, woot! Hope everyone is doing ok!

Light in the palace window ...
  • am2- congrats on pounds down and breaking new ground!! thanks for leaving that light on in the palace window.

lots of thunder and lightening last night, and thunder woke me up at 4 this morning. i did make myself stay in bed for a couple of hours, reading. even though i didn't really fall back to sleep, i still do better during the day if i don't get out of bed that early. actually, i can't really complain because i didn't have to be anywhere today, so could kind of laze around at home most of the day. this past week was very busy, so this felt kind of nice hanging around at home today. it has rained all day, so kind of glad i could stay inside on that score too. have been staying op food and exercise-wise. still sure nothing to show for it scale-wise, but feel good about my efforts nonetheless.

well, to all who roam within, near, or far from our palace walls--thinking of you.

• Huzzah, Wsw! Congratulations on staying op, which is what counts more than the scale. Woot!

As for moi, I did reach my September 30 goal as far as I am concerned. The goal was to be at 135 on or before that date and yesterday I weighed 135.8, so I'm waiving the .8 and calling it close enough.

Moving on to my October 28 goal (Sunday before Halloween, so I am calling this my Halloween Challenge ) of 132.

The November 25 goal is 129 and the ULTRA GOAL is MY IDEAL WEIGHT of 125 on the Sunday following the Winter Solstice/Mayan Prophecy.

Thinking also of the royals who roam but have inhabited this palace, wishing them well and keeping light in window.
  • am2-congrats on reaching your september 30th goal!!!!! woot, woot, and double woot!!

i am hanging in with staying op and exercise, despite not much downward scale activity. it did sneak down a spit in this past week, which i will take. kind of thought it would be down a lot more than 1 lb. though after such a loooooong plateau period. i sure hope more is coming soon. anyway, i am pleased that i am not using this as an excuse to overeat. i have to say that i wanted to do just that this evening, but seemed to have won that battle for now.
    i haven't really set specific monthly weight goals (and it is a good thing since my weight certainly hasn't seemed to want to shove off these past couple of months. since my weight loss is so unpredictable, my monthly goals are about how many days i have stayed op and exercised, and i can honestly say that in the past 9 months now, i have been very (positively) consistent, and that feels good indeed. i have to look more at the big picture, and keep reminding myself this is a journey for the long haul, and not a sprint. it is often too easy for me to forget my all successes. i blathered on a long time about this stuff. anyhoo-my condo still has not sold. it is just driving me nuts. this is another long haul area of my life, i guess, but i am feeling very impatient about it. ah well, i can't force someone to buy it, although that is a pleasant thought. today was very busy, and i am pretty tired so please excuse if my whining was not too coherent, on top of being overly long-winded. well, i am thinking of you all, dear queenlies. take care.

• gorgeous fall day today. stayed op and exercised. got together with a couple friends, which was fun. i can't believe the first week in october is gone--time just flashes by way too quickly to suit me. ah well. hope everyone is having a good weekend. thinking of 'ya.
  • Huzzah, congrats on staying op and exercising, Wsw! :up:

Thinking of you and all the royals also. Remembering the "old" days and so enjoyed being a part of that active palace group, but I know things change and people change. I know I may have irritated some royals by being gone so long, but like all of us, I, too, had my issues and life going on, so can't apologize for that lol.

So glad we still have a thread and candles in the window, though, for whenever anyone deigns to flit in and visit, also so glad to still be in touch with you and know how you are doing! Woot!
  • Scale Tale
    Woot! Down 1.2! Third week of having a loss. Weight is now UNDER the September 30 goal! Current weight 134.6!

Lost .5 inch on waist, which is the important measurement for me regarding health.

Had fractional inch losses in other places, & a gain in chest, maintains in bicep & forearm, so muscle mass has not been depleted. Yay!
  • am2-yay on your weight loss for this past week, and for it being 3rd week in a row of weight loss!---and being under your
    sept. 30th goal!!! big time congrats!

thinking of you, and all palatial dwellers, near and far. so far today, completely op and have done most of my exercise. watched a couple of old movies, and talked to some good friends on phone who live far away, so have to say this has been a pleasant and relaxing day. weather was not so great, but didn't really have to be out in it, so can't complain on that score either. well, take care, and have a good evening.

• Thanks for the congrats, Wsw! And congrats back at ye for staying op and doing the exercise.

Also thinking of the palatial dwellers near and far. Woot!
  • thanks, empress! hope all is well in your corner of the palace.

raining, and cloudy the past few days here. have to admit looking forward to some sunshine, forecasted for tomorrow. actually, have a lot of paperwork to tackle today, not too serious at all that i can't be out among 'em for much of the day. when i hear that a lot of the country got real winter weather very early this year, i am so grateful that it was just a few rainy (and not snowy) days!

time for me to shake up my exercise plan a bit, just for a change of pace, so trying out a few different things. also picking different music to listen to while exercising, which also makes it less of a chore. when i think back to many years ago to how much i hated any kind of regular exercise and didn't always even do it, i am glad i have made this positive and lasting change in my life. don't get me wrong, i am still not someone who loves exercising, but i can make myself do it consistently and have now for quite a few years. i know what a positive difference it has made for me on all fronts.

well, take care. i will get back to dreaded paperwork now.
  • Hello all!

Congrats Empress on the loss and other streakity streak goals met! Amazing!

Congrats WSW on your exercise program ----as you wrote, whatever you do is still a change and still movement.

Right or wrong, I am running a personal experiment with the Green Coffee Extract to get a gentle kickstart of some kind.

In so many ways my logic hasn't been logical about food, guilt, shame, perfectionism, etc. I have heard the discussions, read the posts, even written over and over again about treating myself royally.
    But I realize now, I was only thinking of all of these things in the abstract----never living that way. For some reason, all of these things were not for me---Perfectionism always trumped.

Is perfectionism an obsession---a type of mental hoarding??

When I quit smoking , I gave myself a pass about the weight gain because smoking was so much harder than food was to control----I knew once I had really stopped smoking, I would deal with the weight gain.

I realize now, I haven't given myself the same pass dealing with my grief. Initially, I remember realizing with some surprise how quickly ice cream was disappearing but it was only a passing thought. Then, I began feeling shame that I really was one of those 'stress eaters'. I had always taken pride that I had 'more control'.......hmmmmm.......
    How ironic what grief is teaching me about being human...........

Also ironic that I was supposed to go to a support group meeting last night but just didn't have it in me. I had just decided I wasn't going and turned on Dr Phil ---his show was about grief. Then, later, a newer 'comedy' program called "Go On" was ALL about the main character realizing that he was like everyone else in his group who experienced "Grief Eating".

Again, an enormous irony as I belong to 4 Grief Support Groups and the most I have heard about overeating is in some handouts talking about "you may notice you are not eating as well or eating far more".

More than ironic, more than coincidence how so many of these moments are as big as billboards saying " You're OKAY!" "You're DOING as Well as Can Be Expected"..........................

Wow.
  • Huzzah, Queen Kaylets is in the palace! So nice to see ye, K!

Let us know about the green coffee extract experiment, how it goes. I have wondered about that product.

Wsw, things are as well as can be expected in my wee wootish corner, have a little blip on my radar screen going on but nothing exciting. For the life of me, can't summon the hocus pocus focus or the wootishness.

Still dedicated to LOSING A POUND THIS WEEK! I really do get gratification from being at a desired weight.

Hmmm, probably THAT is an obsession.

I don't know if perfectionism is an obsession. Maybe. I think in a way I suffer from that somewhat, which is why I get so bent out of shape about things all the time as they are never perfect and I am never perfect.

Lol, I KNOW I am one of those stress eaters. I also know I am obsessed with managing my weight but in a good way. I do not feel the guilt and shame I have seen others express about weight. I just know the drill, think it is all about data and hocus pocus focus focus.

I am aware I make many people mad when I discuss weight lol. But then I make people mad just living. In the past year it seems everyone has been mad at me for their own reasons, some of which I did not even cause, or if I caused them it was a glitch, a passing mistake that most people would have forgiven me for but for some reason, in some cases, forgiveness was not an option. So I forgive them for not forgiving and go on. And I value all the more the friends who have stood by me through thick or thin.

In short lol, I have given up perfectionism and just started to shrug and say, "Whatever!"

Lol, I have no idea what I am saying, am SO bummed out today and brain fogged.

I do know I've had too many carbs of the not so great variety, so had almost a quarter of a roasted chicken for an early dinner and think that helped.

Cals still good.

Lol, queens I really need a JOB! Another story.

I wish we could all turn back the clock on this thread to when we were all friends and knew that we supported each other and understood each other's nonperfection no matter what, and posted all the time about all sorts of things.

But don't think that is going to happen.

I'll be watching the thread here and post when I can.

Love to all queens.