Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #61  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Have you girls heard of Finding Your Body Type? I came across it last week while looking through some YouTube vids. I had not heard of it until then and am becoming increasingly interested in it for a couple of reasons.
For starters, the "thyroid type" seems to fit me almost perfectly!
My limbs stay extremely cold. I tend to gain weight all over when I gain. I constantly eat carbs & sugar & need regular afternoon naps. I have had the brittle nail thing my whole life until recently & my hair has always been on the dry side, except for if I go without washing it for a couple days.

All of this led me to the benefits of coconut oil for this body type. I bought some at Whole Foods Monday when I was in Nashville. I'm not expecting leaps and bounds results, but I'm optimistic.

The book suggests a thyroid detox, which if you all remember, I did a detox last year after my cruise. I couldn't really see the benefits of it on the outward appearance, but who knows what it did internally. I didn't have my liver enzymes drawn before and after, so….who knows.

I also haven't restarted taking any supplements since being off of it for almost 3 months.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:56 AM   #62  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Ovulation is here, yay scale jumped to 150. Oh well, I am learning to accept these hormonal ups. I also woke up middle of the night and I was super thirsty. I gulped down 30 oz of water, so I am sure my "real" morning weight is lower

I am doing 19 hour fast, except I am putting a tiny splash of cream in my morning coffee....

My joints are on fire from eating that gluten I hope these toxin leave my body soon, I have been just sitting around and waiting for this to pass. It is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous here today....I have not been able to walk for a few days, I am going to try to take a gentle walk today.

Krystal...lake Tahoe! We are considering moving there once Cam is done with high school. I am so jealous of your trip! I feel that I need more toning and sculpting. I am not happy how my body is looking either. My legs are looking very nice from walking, but my tummy and arms...ugh! I feel I don't have enough time....I should cut my walks a bit shorter and utilize our home gym. I have just lacked motivation on weight lifting department. I started walking with the poles in hopes for some toning. I just want to get down to 140 and I feel if I was in my normal BMI range, I would feel better....right now I am just focused on this extra flap
Old 03-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #63  
~Krystal~

I have all of my faculties on charge--including, the Ant, the iPhone, and the Garmin!

Hey--It's NO EXCUSES TUESDAY!!!

Get Out There!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 07:20 AM   #64  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Ovulation is here, yay scale jumped to 150.
Hey, meeee toooo!!
A couple more days, and I am PRAYING for a miracle of some type of water deflation!
I took a Colon Cleanser Sunday and Monday & have successfully upped my water intake back to where it should be.
By Friday, we shall see where I am.
Down to a whopping 146.2 (-0.8). I'll take that.
I still can't believe 2 weeks ago I was 1.8 lbs away from my 1st goal

Also, on a different note, I went to LuluLemon while I was in Nashville and got a new Sports Bra, just for the 1/2. I also bought a pair of running socks. I keep getting blisters on my feet despite different shoes. So, we'll try the socks to see if that's it. I've already lost a toenail with my previous 6 miler I know that's TMI, sorry!

Last edited by K9Owner; 03-13-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #65  

Good morning gals. I have a feeling ovulation has passed for me but I will not hold my breath. My scale is down a few back to normal since spiking so who knows if it is just normal after spike fluctuation or after ovulation fluctuation. I will wait and see what it does in the next couple days. Oh, and I just remembered I was lower carb yesterday since I was focusing on getting in enough protein after my fast so that could be it too. I am slightly encouraged anyhow. I have been burned so many times before, it is hard to get excited .
Planning fast 5 today, but may have to be a little more flexible due to my doctors appt. right in the beginning of my window. I guess I will determine how hungry I am an hour before and go from there, may turn into more of a 16/8 or a 18/6. I would love to go in fasting to see what my vitals are, and also I would show a big loss from January since I was post binging for 2 weeks then

Krystal, I think there are a lot of people that fast for only one or two days per week. You could just do it at the tail end of a shift and sleep through most of it or do it on one of your days off. Also, many people do shorter fasts every day like leangains you were talking about. That would be good if you want to do body recomp.

I am with you guys on wanting to "shape up" but I get so defeated when I read about not being able to build muscle when in a calorie deficit. I just workout and eat with the intent of keeping the muscle I have and figure I will work on building when I am able to eat at maintenance or above. It takes time. Krystal, you are probably right about there. Most people start when they have just a few more pounds to take off. They start building muscle and the last pounds of fat fall off. The scary thing is raising your calories to maintenance levels. Oh, and I hardly believe you are skinny fat, whatever. All the working out you do I am sure you are very athletic.
Interesting about the body type, may have to check that out. I have been sporadically using coconut oil for a while now, but nothing consistent.

Sum, so sorry you are having joint issues, that sucks especially with the nice weather. I am sure the combination of drinking that water and the salt from those nachos is what has your scale up today. Make sure you are running to the bathroom all day today to get rid of it!
Hehe, I had to chuckle, I put a little cream in my coffee this morning too! I feel so much better. I kept reading about making sure to keep drinks under 50 calories, so I kept it to about 25 and it is not as good as regular, but sooooo much better than black or nothing at all! Something about that hot cup of coffee in the morning And by the way, I have to force myself to work out with weights too. I would rather run for an hour than lift weights. What is up with that? Once I am done lifting though, I love the feeling so it is worth it.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #66  
~Krystal~

IT WAS TOTALLY THE SOCKS!!!
For all the serious runners on this site, I HIGHLY suggest LuLuLemon's socks!
They ROCK!!
No blisters. No sliding. Just pure COMFORT!
So worth the $14USD!

Oh, and this bra ROCKS too!! I don't know how I managed before!!!
I NEVER felt it during the entire run! My girls stayed in place. No bouncing. No chaffing. Just pure COMFORT!

Here's a little bonus for all of you protein drink/shakes junkies...splurge and buy some Xanthan/Xanthax Gum. OMG!! have I been hiding under a rock this whole time or does everyone EXCEPT me already use this in their shakes??? 1/2 tsp of Holy Creamy Yumminess!!!

Last edited by K9Owner; 03-13-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #67  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning i use xanthan gum in my shakes and smoothies...just dont overuse it because it turns it into more "glue" than "creamy"...i learned that the hard way LOL also good for thickening gravies and puddings without dumping in flour or cornstarch...

i still have a cough in my chest...got to bed on time last night and slept well, except for a few times up with the puppy who wouldnt lay down and sleep...i always put my little son in bed with me when DH is out of town...i have this irrational fear that, since his room has big windows and it is sided with the porch, that someone will open his window at night and steal him...it's weird, it only surfaces when DH is gone...

i still plan to run today though, we'll see how my cough holds up...and then work...and then my teenager has a concert tonight that we'll be at all evening
Old 03-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #68  

Okay, Sum, I called it at 18 hours and ate my breakfast (minus the coffee). I was getting hungry and when I thought about having my appt. at 2:40, then dealing with the kids and getting them to practice and stuff, I would have ended up at 22 or more hours again. I didn't want to do that, want to shake it up every day, so I ate and it was gooooood!
How are you doing today? I decided not to walk today even though it is gorgeous out, waiting to see what the dr. says. Did you get a walk in or are you still hurting too much? You know what, if your joints are that sore, that means you are inflamed and that is probably the water weight you are seeing on the scale! Anywho, hope your day is going well!

Alaskan, I worry about the kids and the house when DH is out of town too . Do you think your lingering cough could be allergies? I used to get lingering coughs after being sick and now I suspect is was allergies all along. I get allergy shots now and haven't had a lingering cough in a couple years. Maybe trying some over the counter allergy meds may help? I dunno, just a suggestion . I hope it goes away soon, I know how annoying it is. I had a patient once tell me "you know, you'd stop coughing if you would stop coughing" In other words, the more you cough, the more you irritate your throat and bronchi and the more you cough. I still think about that to this day.

K9, tell me more about xanthan gum. Is it healthy? I know I see it in a lot of "healthy" foods. It must be a filler for taking out fat or sugar in those foods?
Glad you found some good socks and bra for running, good gear makes all the difference. I really need to get some new workout bras. I wear 2 bras most of the time and sometimes for longer runs I wear 3 One with underwire, one sports bra with good support and one elastic one to hold it all in place I hate bouncing!!!

Last edited by jomatho; 03-13-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #69  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Jo; I keep thinking about you, I SO hope it is not broken!!

Krystal; I use Xanthax Gum when I bake gluten free bread; but I am going to try it in my smoothie. Yum!

I just walked for 5 miles. -- My joints get sore when I get gluten... I thought a walk would do me good; remove all yucky gluten toxins out. I do feel better I think I am holding onto water from my omelet incident.

I ate around noon and well...so I think it was about 18 hours for me. I was hungry at that point I will have a normal snack and dinner and finish eating by 6 pm. -- Then do another 18-19 hour fast. -- I need to figure out my 24 hour fast days; I ate junk for dinner last night.... I think I need to start off with salad and maybe veggies with ranch dressing. Or I will simply only fast 22 hours at first and keep increasing the duration. -- What i am noticing though; I don't have any cravings today. my eating is more controlled; hmmm.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #70  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
Have you girls heard of Finding Your Body Type?
I just did it and my results; You Are An Adrenal Body Type...funny because my chiropractor said I may have adrenal fatigue; he wanted me to take adrenal support supplements. Interesting!! Thanks!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #71  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I just had a huge "moment". I think I am finally accepting this weigh loss as a journey, not a sprint Ya...I am blonde and pig headed and things take time

Last month, during my ovulation and PMS and actual TOM I was hovering around 152/152/154; it was devastating because I had seen below 150's....month before that I was hovering 153/154/155...again the same devastation because I had seen 150/151...

THIS month I am hovering 148/149/150 and I am finally okay with that number being higher than the 146.5 I saw.... I guess I have been on this path now long enough to see the pattern. -- I am getting smaller, not fast, but at a steady pace.

My prior weigh loss journeys failed because I felt my progress was not fast enough.

I am so grateful I have you girls! I think I have told you that a few times BUT I am sticking to my plan.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #72  
~Krystal~

Kristiina: Jo & I didn't name this thread "Slow Dancing" for nothing!!!

Last edited by K9Owner; 03-13-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #73  

Hi I am back. So I waited in the doctors office for an hour and a half surrounded by sick people I really didn't want to be near and I still don't know if I broke my tailbone or not
I told you my dr. was a minimalist! What she told me made sense though, in that whether it is broken or not, the treatment is the same. She palpated all my vertebra, sacrum and coccyx and the only place I am sore is the coccyx, so that is good. She said because I had injured it as a teenager, it may take longer to heal, every time you hurt the same spot it takes longer the next injury. She said typically, it will take 3-4 weeks and I am at 2 right now. She told me I can do anything I want, just use pain as my guide. I can go out walking, I can lift weights with the exception of the seated ones because I can't sit straight and I can jog when it feels okay to do so. I tried jogging in place and that still puts a lot of pressure there, so I won't do that for another week or so. She was going to write me a script for an anti-inflammatory, but I opted to just keep taking the ibuprofen as needed. Her thinking is a lot of the pain is surrounding tissue and inflammation, so taking that twice a day may help a lot. I'm not much of a pill taker, so I will see on that. I may just take it with dinner for another week or so.
So all in all, glad I went in, but probably didn't really need to.
Oh, I almost forgot the best part, got weighed and was 176! On a doctors scale! With my clothes on! Holy sheet. I may actually show a loss for this week for once . Of course, it is only Tuesday, lots of time to mess up or hold some water or something
So tomorrow I am going on a nice leisurely walk with my audio book in the 70 degree sunshine
Thursday my friend is cleared to start walking again I think I told you guys she had a bulging disc. She doesn't even know I was hurt.
Not sure about getting back to lifting, I have to mull that over a little bit. May wait til next week to see how the walking makes me feel first.

Last edited by jomatho; 03-13-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #74  

Quote:
I just had a huge "moment". I think I am finally accepting this weigh loss as a journey, not a sprint Ya...I am blonde and pig headed and things take time

Last month, during my ovulation and PMS and actual TOM I was hovering around 152/152/154; it was devastating because I had seen below 150's....month before that I was hovering 153/154/155...again the same devastation because I had seen 150/151...

THIS month I am hovering 148/149/150 and I am finally okay with that number being higher than the 146.5 I saw.... I guess I have been on this path now long enough to see the pattern. -- I am getting smaller, not fast, but at a steady pace.

My prior weigh loss journeys failed because I felt my progress was not fast enough.

I am so grateful I have you girls! I think I have told you that a few times BUT I am sticking to my plan.
I am so happy for you. I feel like we are all in therapy together and you just had a major breakthrough. I am so proud What a journey we are all on together.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #75  

Quote:
I just did it and my results; You Are An Adrenal Body Type...funny because my chiropractor said I may have adrenal fatigue; he wanted me to take adrenal support supplements. Interesting!! Thanks!
Ugh, I'm adrenal too. I blame the kids! Making me stress and worry all the time!
Closed Thread