Old 08-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 128/128/105

Height: 5'2"

Exclamation Student Support!

I noticed that there wasn't really a thread dedicated to students. So I decided to start one!

Also... I'm starting school up this coming Monday and I need to know- How do you guys balance your school life and weight loss?
Endlessrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:25 AM   #2  
KindaFunToDoTheImpossible

Height: 5'9''

Thanks for starting this thread!! I think this is going to be great!

I am starting school (moving away from home and everything) in a couple weeks, so it's going to be a big change! This is going to be my little experiment for balancing school and exercise:

I am going to treat working out like a class! I am going to schedule this 'class' for an hour or so Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and hit the gym in that alotted time slot! I'm hoping I can keep it up! Class is very important to me, and I hate to miss it if I don't have to. So that's going to be my experiment for balancing the two!

As for eating better, that's going to be a whole other story and challenge!
Katers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for starting this! I'm starting grad school for the first time in about three weeks, so needless to say I'm pretty nervous about the workload. Luckily for me, I usually find it pretty easy to stay OP while I'm in school, because I'm so busy and distracted- although I tend to go for the easiest options rather than the healthy ones. Because of my weight, I haven't been to that many parties in the last few years, so I don't usually have a problem of drinking a massive amount of calories. From what I hear, grad students are somewhat notorious for going out for food and drinks together. I have my standby light beers, diet colas, and no-thank-yous to bar food prepared!

I've been really good about exercising for the last few weeks, and I can feel how much my body has changed because of it. I'm a bit worried that I'll end up giving that up, because it makes me feel so much better throughout the day.

Last edited by kelly315; 08-26-2011 at 02:19 AM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #4  

Yay I'm glad you guys like the thread!
Katers88- that's a brilliant idea. I'm the same as you- I will not miss class unless I'm seriously ill. I take my classes really seriously. Well think of this as a new beginning! It's going to be fun moving out and starting up your new life! Good luck and check back whenever okay? :-)

kelly 315- School is a great distraction. When I'm actually there I'm always way too into my friends and classwork and stuff to get off plan. Haha so it's all good. That's a great idea with your light drinks and saying no to all that bar/ restaurant food. I'm lucky enough that ym friends ideas of a party is all hang at one of the houses and watch movies and do nails and stuff haha. Yah I've been doing more exercise during the summer. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage it when school starts. I've got so many clubs and then homework for the classes I picked are supposed to be pretty horrendous to say the least. But I'll try to balance it. I like doing resistance bands and going for walks. Maybe I'll listen to a german podcast and learn more vocab when I'm out for my hike. Anyway stop back and post anytime!

Thanks guys for responding! Best of luck to you all <3
Old 08-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #5  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone! Student and mom of three here! Katers, I love that idea! I'm actually taking a spinning class on campus for 8 weeks starting Tuesday, but when it's over if I don't find something else I want to take, that will be how I'll try to look at my workouts too--like class. I also hate to miss class, so again, great idea!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #6  

My first day of school is tomorrow. Can't wait to see it half flooded because of the hurricane haha. Anyway I wanted to share something! Tomorrow I'm actually wearing "skinny" jeans. Well they aren't really skinny. They're like the fat skinny jeans but they make me feel great since they actually make me look taller and thinner! Kind of nervous to wear it in public. Haha.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:38 AM   #7  
KindaFunToDoTheImpossible

Height: 5'9''

Good luck at school tomorrow!! You will look great in your skinny jeans!

And thanks all! I hope my little exercise system will work for me, and you if you try it! I have a habit of falling off the bandwagon. :O ... I will definitely check back though, when school begins!
Katers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2

It's kind of easy because I'm able to walk my dog two hours a day, so I get some type of activity in.

Monday and Wednesday I have two classes with a break between them and I take water class. I just wear my suit under my clothes and take a bra and panties with me.

Tuesday and Thursday I have three classes back-to-back starting early, so I work out after.

Friday I have no classes, so is a free day.

Saturday I swim on campus.

Sunday is my free day.
girlwithcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #9  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

Hey ladies - so glad to find this thread! Some of us from a back to school challenge were thinking of starting a Christmas break challenge for students so when that thread is up, I'll post it here

I'm having a hard time getting exercise into my schedule. I prefer classes over going to the gym but not many of the free ones are fitting in with my courses. Tomorrow I'll do power yoga in the evening, and I can make yoga on Fridays too so at least that's a start. I'm hoping to start weight training in a month or so. Food is a bit easier as I'm not on a meal plan or anything so I have control over my food. Hope the first week back has been good for everyone!

I'm in my final year at U of Toronto so only one more year of this crazy schedule I hope!
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #10  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

I'm dumb - I think this is the challenge thread... which I am signed up for and somehow forgot haha.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...hread-1-a.html
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 335/188.5/165

Height: 5'10 1/2

Well, it's about 3 weeks into the new semester now. I've started to get into a routine. I keep a food journal everyday, but now I've been planning out the entire next day's meals and snacks already written out and I pack my lunch and snacks every night for the next day.

Right now I'm taking 5 classes, 2 of which include field experience, president of a student organization and just got hired last week for a new part-time job. I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment on how much this is all going to be, but it does help me to plan out my meals for the next day, so it's one less thing to worry about.

I haven't been able to make it to all of the gym classes, I normally do. I'm able to make it to Tuesday and Thursday classes and work out in the gym on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. Monday and Wednesday is pretty much out of the question right now because I have classes from 8:30 am to 9:00 pm on those days.

I think as long as I can squeeze in gym time when I can and continue to pack my snacks, lunches and water the night before, I'll be ok. These 5 classes have quite a few big projects coming up and outside case studies, etc and work starting, so gym time might slip back a little.

-Sorry for the long post, I kind of vented there.
Aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #12  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

Hey guys!

I'm in my 4th of 5 year degree, so I would love to join in on this thread!

Let's start out with an accomplishment of sorts:It's only the 2nd week of classes, and I've already been to the student gym a few times! (I was terrified to go last year, so this is a start!) At first I felt awful because I swear it seemed like EVERYONE was looking at me.. but after running for a while, people stopping gawking and I felt much better.

My eating's been doing well, too.. been avoiding vending machines and/or chocolate at all costs. I'm working on drinking more water, because I really don't feel too thirsty between meals, so I'm only having about 5 of the 591mL bottles a day: 1 with each meal and ~2 after a workout.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys better!
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #13  
Fighting the bulge!

S/C/G: 186/182/126

Height: 5 ft 8

I <3 the idea of this thread. It's late in the UK so I'll answer the questions tomorrow, but I just thought I'd say what a great idea this thread is.
KatieLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 445/380/180

Height: 5'5

Is this thread alive? :-) or moved?
Kede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: Starting weight - 337

Height: 6ft

Hi all,

I don't know if this is still an active forum or not, but I thought I'd post anyway . I started school for the spring term last Monday and between working full time, going to the gym 4 times a week and taking care of the kids, I'm having a hard time squeezing in homework. For instance, I've got a bunch to do before Midnight ! I hate rushing. I have such a hard time balancing my life. Oh well. I'll make it...I always do! Good luck to everyone taking classes! School is rough!
ellay42 is offline   Reply With Quote