Old 02-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #106  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Evening Girlies...

I try to post every minute I might get a chance....

Hella B is crying at Curtis who is trying to relax in the lazyboy watching a fishing show....HB wants to either play ball (which Curtis did already for at least 20 mins) or she wants the ice out of his glass of ice water...she is so needy...lol...Oh how funny...he just said, "Bella....go lay down" like really, she could care less what he says...hahah

Dinner tonight was salad, meatloaf, baked potatos and sauted veggies. YUMMY!!

Gotta go...got an emergency phone call,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #107  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

ok Annie - what are you thinking are the winning lottery numbers for the Powerball? Tonight we had meatloaf, baked potatoes and a mixed green salad with vegetables. Last night we had PIZZA. Not sure how this is happening - is this like girls synching cycles with each other after they've hung around a long time?

Ok so there is an advertisment for Shoe Dazzle at the right of my screen. Seriously - HOW do women walk in these incredibly high shoes with the mini spikey heels? I mean when we were wearing them higher, we at least had the support of chunky heels or a wedge. I have to believe the foot doctors are reading the fashion pages and rubbing their hands together. No wonder my podiatrist drove a new Mercedes every other year.

The deer have not been coming around or if they do it's sporatic and they are not eating all the corn which is unusual. Today when DH was outside playing he spotted a print in the snow. They think it might be a bobcat which would explain why the deer aren't coming around.

So Annie - is Hella nicer to Curtis since he plays with her or does she bite him too? Your talk about Seasons 52 has me jonesing for a good restaurant. Yum on the stuffed mushrooms.

Laura - 7400 steps is great - did you get to 10,000 by the end of the day? Is it starting to smell like spring yet or is it just nice and mild? That's really interesting about the deer antler chew stuff. It doesn't creep me out so much because I know they shed them and it's not quite the same thing as harvesting ivory. Once we start walking the grounds around here I will send you some if I see any.

Michelle - I'm glad DH is seeing a tiny improvement - that's a good sign - he just has to still take it easy and not over do it.

Ceejay - I think we all could do with some weighing and measuring of our portions - guilty as charged I am trying to use my lunch / smaller plate for meals so I take less. I have to admit my cooking feels "off" lately - not as good as usual but I realized it's because we used to grill all year long in TN and we haven't done it but once since we've moved here. I think I miss the fresh taste of grilled over the cheaper winter meals we have been eating. I'm glad you were able to take care of your hair so easily. I got the root touch up too but decided to go with the whole head as I could not tell how bad the roots were in the back. It's good to know that stuff works well.

Shad - it should be Friday evening by now - hope you are home and getting a break from beating the students sensible Seriously, hope you can get a few nights good sleep back in your own bed. And tell us how the flowers have grown in a week.

I popped the fireplace on for a bit - going to read for about 45 minutes and try and get to bed earlier. I really don't like the hours I have been keeping and need to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. Good night all...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #108  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING MY FRIENDS

THE DOCTOR JUST LEFT AND SAID I CAN PICK ONE THING TO ADD TO MY DAILY MOVEMENTS AND I CHOSE THE COMPUTER.
HE TOLD ME NOT TO ABUSE THE PRIVILEDGE BUT...... I AM A HAPPY CAMPER.
HE'S COMING BACK BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTH AND IN THE MEANTIME THERE IS STILL THE RULE "NO ONE IN OR OUT".

SO TODAY IS DAY ONE OF PARTIAL FREEDOM!!
I AM LETTING THOUGHTS OF ILLNESS GO AND INSTEAD THINK SPRING!!!

I HAVE NOT READ ANYTHING FOR MANY WEEKS. SORRY ABOUT THAT.
JUST GOING TO JUMP IN HERE.
HAVE A GREAT DAY AND A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-17-2012 at 09:43 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #109  

Good Morning all.

Annie - LOL, Hella bugging Curtis. Now she has two humans to be needy with.

Happy - Too funny that you and Annie are on the same meal schedule. Good idea about the lottery numbers, haha. Yeh, I am shocked by the shoes and their heel heights. I was amazed how much area DSW had given over to them when I was in there a couple months ago. Between flip-flops and those heels, podiatrists must have the most secure careers out there. No, not smelling like spring to me, just mild temps. And yes, I did end up over 10k steps yesterday at 10,360. I have 2,815 so far today. Bf paid $30 for that deer antler - supposedly high quality, no processing or messing with it. Second night Coal chewed on it and from what I see, it'll last a good long time. At that price, I sure hope so! You might look into this for a second income, LOL!!

Mel, so good to see you here!! Missed ya, my friend. Please don't get caught up in reading and overdo it!!! Nothing too exciting with me, so you haven't missed much, but Annie & Happy are probably gonna win the lottery, LOL. Take care!

Hellos to the rest of you Worldlies, I'll be back later.
--
Bf tagged along with a friend's home inspection yesterday when I got home from work, so no circuit class. And no at-home workout. Honestly I was just wiped out. I think it was partially the soreness I had after my Pilates class on Wed. and all that walking and fresh air yesterday at lunchtime. So I did nothing but plant myself on the sofa and watch tv.

Feeling good today, and why not - it's FRIDAY!! TGIF! Another mild day, so I'll walk some more at lunchtime. Yesterday I stopped on my walk south of my building at two places, both mini-mart type places, and in neither was the deli open for business. So no sandwich stop mid-walk. Guess that area isn't faring so well lately. I stopped for lunch once I returned to the area around my office.

No plans this weekend but plenty to do around the house. Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by Laura705; 02-17-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Popping in to say hello.

Mel
So good to see you post. Don't over do things.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #111  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Mel back - sure is good to have you with us again. I agree that you certainly don't need to over do it. Don't make us send Annie up your way to keep you in line with Shad shortly behind her I'm glad you are cleared for (slowly) adding things back into your life again, I'm sure staring at the ceiling got boring. Don't worry about catching up, you know you can just jump in anywhere. I'm all for thinking spring too.

Laura - 30 BUCKS for the antler? Whoa. I told DH about your suggestion for income - he laughed but then said, yah know? Oh sure, NOW he wants to go antler scavaging - our occasional flurries today with no measurable precip is a steady light snow covering everything that had melted back I started the book Unbroken last night. It's good - catches your interest right away. I guess he wrote this story a few years ago under another title, critics of this book said they sensationalized it but so far it's just an interesting story of his life. I am at the part where he trained as a bombadier. Turned on the fireplace last night and pulled up a chair to it and read for about an hour and a half. It was nice, I have to make this more of a habit instead of sitting in front of the computer at night. I was wondering Laura how things look downtown. I have not been down there since 1998, it seems like they really did alot of residential construction and many businesses pulled out of the downtown office space. I'm sure that had to have affected some of the food places. I still remember the little newstands they had in the older buildings.

It's the middle of February and although it's been relatively mild here for what it should be, I am starting to get tired of winter. DH has gone out and puttered a bit in the yard, laying his action plan but it's still too cold for me to spend any length of time outside. I'm sort of in a flitty mode right now - I have some cabinet organizing I should do, a book I want to read, a baby quilt I should be working on and there is always those boxes to nag at me. I try to meet a goal of at least 2 housework things and 2 declutter/unpack things at a minimum each day. I also have to get out and over to the grocery store this weekend before the hoards set into town for the big ski race next week. Although we don't have enough snow to speak of for any races. Guess they need to get those snow machines fired up. I was also looking at recipes and cooking websites and now I'm hungry. Best get something in my tummy and get on with the day.

Hello to the Worldlies have a good weekend.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #112  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Melody! Yay! So glad to see your post. Slow and steady Ladybug, slow and steady. Hello everyone. Dreaming of spring in cold West Virginia.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #113  
Annie - Indiana

Afternoon everyone....

WELCOME back MELLIE...yeah!!! Missed ya sista.

Not much on the agenda this weekend...cleaning house and laundry tomorrow then to Linner (2 ish) with Curtis's childhood friend and wife on Sunday.

Bathroom issues the past two days...attributed to too much salad, I think.

Had to move AGAIN at work...I kind of like this office. A little brighter and in the real world of peeps I like. Also taking on a new responsibility...no more money and no new title...jack of all trades..master of none.

Better get posted and head to the toitie.

Loves and hugs.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #114  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm home, worn out, jet lagged, and scratchy. Got some shopping to do soon and then will try to get back to do some personals.

Good to see Mel back posting. Now I don't have to copy and paste the letters.

Okay. Grocery store opens at 8.00 and if I want a car park I better get moving. Such is life
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #115  
Annie - Indiana

SHADDIE...have you thought about slowing down just a tad and taking a breather...I am sure the grocery can wait another day....eat Ramen Noodles...lol.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #116  
Annie - Indiana

OK HAPPY....tonight is fried boneless, skinless chickie b**bies, and thighs...garlic-cheddar mashed potatos and mixed veggies....are we insync tonight??..I already bought my lotter tix...lol
Old 02-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #117  

Hi Ceejay, Hi Mary!

Happy - LOL at dh wanting to gather the antlers! As long as it's not for your home decor, haha. Glad you're enjoying the book. When I finally host another book club that might be the one I choose.

Shad - Take it easy and catch up on your sleep!!

Annie - Mmmm, garlic-cheddar mashed potatoes!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #118  
Annie - Indiana

LAURA...amazingly the taters were the highlite of the nite....haha....chicken and veggies were not too bad...but that garlic and cheese makes wonders happen...lol.

HELLA B is being a little brat...she thinks if she goes out to "act like she is going potty" when she comes in she will get a cookie...however we are on to her tricks...she is clever but not clever enough. lol. So she goes to the verticle blinds at the sliding glass door and wiggles them (that is her indication she wants/needs to go out) and then we let her out....she comes in and wants a reward for going out...well that only works first thing in the morning and once in the evening...not every 10 minutes of the evening...then she pouts...too dang funny. Just have to wait till morning..Hella B...you are NOT getting any more treats tonite...cause I do NOT want to get up and let you out in the middle of the night to POO. That is the final decision...deal with it...lol She is such a baby brat.

Babble enough...getting tired...probably go to bed when Curtis has to go to bed as he works on Saturdays....blahhhh

Loves and hugs
Old 02-18-2012, 01:36 AM   #119  
Annie - Indiana

1:35 AM sleep sleep, where for art thou???
Old 02-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #120  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS OF THE WORLD

SOME LOVELY SUN OUTSIDE AND MUCH MILDER TEMPS THAN WE EXPECT FOR FEBRUARY. NOT COMPLAININGTHOUGH.
I HAD FORGOTTEN MY MANNERS IN YESTERDAY'S EXCITEMENT.
I MEANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR THE BEAUTIFUL CARDS AND ALL THE GET WEKLL THOUGHTS. ALL CARDS ARE TAPED TO MY ENTRYWAY WALL!
EACH TIME I WENT INTO THE KITCHEN I SAW THEM. THEY MADE ME SMILE EVEN WHEN I THOUGHT THERE WOULD EVER BE SOMETHING TO SMILE ABOUT. LOTS OF CHICK SISTA LOVE THERE

RICHIE IS COOKING THIS WEEKEND. FAMOUS SPAGHETTI SAUCE.
WONDER IF JEN IS SICK OF IT. EACH TIME THEY ASK ME WHAT I WANT, I ASK FOR THAT.
I LOST 10 LBS THIS TIME AROUND BUT PUT BACK 4 LBS ALREADY.
I WEIGHED IN AT 188 LAST WEEK AND SEEM TO BE THE SAME TODAY.
WONDER IF THIS IS A NEW BEGINNING? WOULD BE NICE.
HAVEN'T STAYED IN THE 180'S IN A VERY LONG TIME.
NOTHING PLANNED FOR TODAY.
RAN INTO SOME NEIGHBORS WHILE TOSSING OUT THE TRASH YESTERDAY.
FAR TOO MUCH TALKING AND COMPLAINTS!!! SO I CAME BACK IN.
NOT READY FOR NEGATIVE STUFF YET.
SLEPT LIKE A LOG ONCE I GOT TO SLEEP.
I WAS UP TILL PAST MIDNIGHT.
JUST COULDN'T GET TO SLEEP.OVER EXCITED.
TODAY IS RELAX, RELATE, RELEASE!

LAURA....I LOVE FRIDAYS TOO. DON'T YOU LOVE THIS WEATHER. NICE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR WALKS AT LUNCHTIME. COME CLEAN MY HOUSE....IT'S SMALL AND GOES QUICKLY WILL THINK OF YOU WHILE I AM GLUED TO THE TV! HARRY POTTER MARATHON ON THE FAMILY CHANNEL.

CEEJAY....WAVING RIGHT BACK TO YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. ARE YOU WORKING???

HAPPY......I VOTE FOR THE BOOK AND THE QUILT. THEY GO WELL WITH SOME HOT COCOA AND THOSE TINY MARSHMALLOWS I COULD SIT & WATCH YOU QUILT!!! ARE YOU GOING TO THESE SNOWLESS SKI RACES?? WHEN THEY ARE DONE WITH THE SNOW MACHINES.,....SEND THEM HERE. I WOULD LOVE TO TORTURE THE MAINT. MEN!! THEY'VE BEEN SLACKING OFF OVER HERE WHILE THE "CAT" HAS BEEN SICK AND AWAY!! HOW IS YOUR BIRD SANCTUARY GOING????
I LOVE THE THOUGHT OF 100 OF THEM WAITING THEIR TURN.

MARY....GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE. HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AS WELL. WV IS COLDER THAN NJ!!!
AND YOU STOLE ALL OF OUR SNOW!!! WHAT'S THE SENSE OF LIVING IN THE SOUTH WHEN IT SNOWED MORE THAN THE NORTH??? SAY HEY TO POOH BEAR

ANNIE.....I HAVE MISSED THE JAKE AND CURTIS STORIES. FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK.
HOPE THE WHOLE FAMILY IS WELL. YOUR FIRST VALENTINE'S DAY TOGETHER.
MUST HAVE BEEN A GOOD FEELING. CONGRATS ON THE NEW OFFICE WITH SOME LIGHT
ENJOY IT. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LACK OF A RAISE AND ADDED CHORES. SOUNDS LIKE ME!

GRANNIE SHAD .......WHAT'S TO EAT THIS WEEKEND?? I SHOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU MY SHOPPING LIST TOO!!
HOPE YOU GET SOME REST AND THE JET LAG GOES AWAY. THIS HAS BEEN A LONG JOB. WHAT IS "SCRATCHY"?
YOUR THROAT OR A RASH?!?!
WITH ALL THIS FLYING AROUND, I AM SURPRISED YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE WHEN YOU WAKE EACH MORNING!!
SENDING A HUG

MICHELLE....I WENT BACK AND READ A BIT YESTERDAY. I AM SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DH AND THE FUNGUS.
I WAS BEGINNING TO THINK I HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM.
NEXT WEEK WAS A LUNG BIOPSY SCHEDULED BUT THAT'S ALL CANCELED NOW.
SENIDNG THE DH LOTS OF POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND HOPE HE KEEPS IMPROVING.
YOU BETTER MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T IRRITATE THOSE LUNGS WHILE THEY ARE STILL WORKING SO HARD TO HEAL.
THESE LUNGS ARE A P.I.T.A.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOPE YOU AND THE POOCHES ARE DOING WELL. STAY HAPPY.

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-18-2012 at 09:02 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote