3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   30-40 pound club -- the sweet spot -- challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/251714-30-40-pound-club-sweet-spot-challenge.html)

Hpyhikn 01-29-2012 01:08 PM

30-40 pound club -- the sweet spot -- challenge

Hey -- I am gonna try to lose between 30-40 pounds by June 30. Anyone else want to try too? Let me know your goal weights per week and we can check in with each other. Let me know how you are doing with your exercise plan, too, and why you want to lose the weight. I'll start us off:

1. I want to lose 5 pounds a month.
2. I am 194 pounds and a size 16 and I have a whole ton of beautiful size 8 and size 10 suits on my closet that fit when I am down to 160 pounds. So my motivation is -- I wanna save money on clothes and look like Hannah Storm, which is totally achievable!!
3. How I will lose weight: exercise first, diet somewhat, tracking points through weight watchers. But the only way I lose is by going to the gym and doing 20 minutes of cardio and 40 minutes of weights 4-5 times a week. I can also hike in place of the cardio. My work hours are 8 am to 6 pm so I will have to gym from 5 am - 6 am. Oh well! Let's start today!

What about you?

LiannaKole 01-29-2012 01:37 PM

I'd ideally like to lose about 30 lbs by June 1st. That's about 1.6 lbs a week, and 6.4 a month, which is theoretically achievable for me since I am still overweight.

1. I want to lose 6.4 lbs every four weeks.
2. I am still way over what my goal weight is, but losing 30 lbs will get me a heck of a lot closer.
3. I track everything I eat. I have it down to a science now and it takes me seconds to plan a whole day's worth of meals. I exercise about 30 minutes every day (I used to do more but I burnt out - I went to the gym, but now it's freezing and I have no car). It's mostly strength exercises and yoga.

I usually do better when I have a goal outline or tentative schedule. Otherwise I tend to drift.

lovemydoggiesx2 01-29-2012 01:48 PM

I´m needing to lose 40lbs by July. I have 26 weeks to do it, though I would like to be done in 20.

1. I need to lose 2lbs per week. or about 8lbs a month for 4 months.
2. I am doing this to get pregnant. I have PCOS and have had lots of infertility treatments and 2 failed IVF´s. We want to start our next round when my husband returns from Afganistan.
3. Eating is my challenge. I do really well, and then go into a spiral binge that ruins my week. I want to fight that. I will continue to have daily exercise (I hope) of 1 hour. P90X, Eliptical, running and hopfully hiking with the dogs on weekends.

I am competative, and do well when I have something fixed to look at. Today I am 173.8....

slayrick 01-29-2012 02:16 PM

count me in ladies. June 30 is my birthday.