Old 01-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I hear you!!! I am actually thinking about buying some
Me too!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I'd consider either/or actually! If I had the extra $. Go for it!!
I'm going to chime in here too, I say go for it! You only live once and have this one body. I have considered it too, first looking into a breast reduction and then while exploring that, thought well, if I was going under, I may as well take care of this tummy, but I decided taking the weight off was first and most important. Now that I am getting closer, I feel as if I may be content, but if I weren't, I wouldn't have any hesitation, except of course $$$ like Krystal said.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

I'm down three pounds this week. Taking the thread's title to heart and doing a salsa dance this week.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #79  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessgina00 View Post
I'm down three pounds this week. Taking the thread's title to heart and doing a salsa dance this week.
OMG!! for you!!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessgina00 View Post
WOOHOO!!! Love this!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Don't pay the ransom, I escaped!! I make a joke but it is really not funny. I have been a slave to my mental and physical obsession with food since 1/13/2012.

I have been Pigging out with a capital "P" and I was ashamed to post my situation on 3FC. Insanity that's what it is. I did not seek the help that I so desperately needed. Help from you all, my friends who understand this thinking and would have helped me. I won't know until my morning weigh in how much ground I have lost. The good news is this only lasted 18 days. My history with yo yo dieting shows that this could have been a whole lot worse. In the past I did not get off the merry go round until I gained all that I lost and then some more.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get back on track with your support.

I sure missed you all!!

I am scheduled for more surgery but after the Cardiac Bypass and the Kidney removal last year this is small potatoes. My cataracts have progressed to the point that I am having a lot of difficulty seeing. I was at the eye surgeon yesterday and he says it is time. Surgery for the left eye is scheduled for 2/22/2012 and my right eye will be done about one week later.

My left foot is very painful and I went to the podiatrist today. Seems that I have a Neuroma or pinched nerve. Received a cortizone shot plus numbing along with an orthodic insert for my shoes. I see him for a follow up in ten days and he says if this does not work the chemical destruction of the nerve will be tried. If that does not work surgery is the last option.

Larry
Old 02-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #82  

Larry, glad to see you posting again! I too have struggled a lot at the end of December and much of January. I somehow have found my spark again and with the help of this site and my wonderful friends on here, I am doing well this week.
I am trying to not beat myself up about it, it is a long distance journey and just because I had to walk a little, or even stumbled, doesn't mean I have to turn around and go back to the starting line or further. I chose to dig down deep and start running again towards that finish line. You can do it too, you just made a wrong turn in the race route, but I think you are on the right path again. Can't you see all of your 3fc buddies cheering for you on the sidelines? You can do this! You are stronger than those urges! Keep thinking about how amazing it will feel closer to goal than further.

Sorry about the cataracts and neuromas, but like you said, a pc. of cake compared to what you have been through!!! I have neuromas in both my feet also, they used to really bother me and I tried orthotic inserts, but they made me feel like I was walking on a bump right where the neuroma bothered me, so I just try to make sure I wear sensible shoes (wide enough) and they don't seem to bug me now, just every once in a while when I wear a pair of dress shoes or something. I am sure someday I will have to take care of it like you, when the pain gets bad. I didn't know there was a chemical solution, I thought the next option was surgery. I'll be curious to see what works for you!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #83  

Okay girls and Larry, this chickie is wiped out today! I honestly could not believe it was my alarm going off this morning. I guess all the working out from this week has caught up with me. I really want to stick to my goals this week thought so I refuse to take a day off until Sunday.
My plan is to get in my 60 min walk and then do my weight lifting. Today is my 1600 calorie day. Yesterday I was shooting for 1200 but didn't do the final tallies yet, I know I was close though.
Okay, I will check back in after I have some burns to report and have some more coffee in me
Old 02-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #84  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Larry! -- I am glad you are back. I was worried about you; no more escaping for you ~ I think Holiday season throws everyone off, but you are back and that matters.

Jo; wonder if we could get a 2 for 1 deal for our tummies?

princess Fantastic week!!! Do you have progress pictures?

Krystal
Yes Sirrrrr!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #85  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

A rest day. I actually don't feel like I would need one. -- I think I will FINALLY do some weight training and abs. ~ I keep procrastinating on those

I was really thirsty last night; I think I had nearly 45 oz before bedtime...needless to say, scale was up, 153 Darn 153!

I am having a lunch date with two of my dearest girlfriends. -- My 2nd lunch date since I got serious, again, on December 4th. I will stick to a salad. I purposely picked a restaurant that I am not too crazy about, and they have all American menu, which is pretty much forbidden for me due to gluten allergy. -- I am looking forward to seeing my friends, I miss them. I wish I could meet them in a no-food settings more often, like walking... Unfortunately one of them is a mom of 4 and super volunteer, so getting an hour out of her time is golden. My 2nd gf would have more time, but she does not have any interest in exercise, she LOVES eating out. ~ But I am learning to control myself. I am loving my slimmer silhouette too much

Everyone have a FAB day!

Last edited by Sum38; 02-01-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

My scale read 225 this morning. This is a 10 pound gain since I went off plan for 18 days. I sure thought it was going to be worse than that!!

My DW and I have as of today adopted a new daily calorie goal of 1400. DW's daily goal used to be 1600 and mine was 1500. 1400 is very doable. With careful planning of our daily meals we should be OK getting our needed nutrients. I think I have told you all in the past that I do 100% of the cooking, food shopping and meal planning in our house.

Larry
Old 02-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Welcome back, Larry! And, please, don't ever disappear on us again. This website is for the good and the bad, so tell us about your good and bad and we'll listen and offer suggestions. Good for you for getting back on the lifestyle change bandwagon. I, too, was having difficulty getting back into the swing of things after my delicious holidays adventures. I didn't gain any weight (I wasn't overeating terribly), but I did get stuck in a 188-191 stall. That stall has, thankfully, past and I am back to losing weight. I'm sure you will be back to losing weight in no time. I'm not going to say that most of your 10-lb gain is water weight (because one can gain 10 lbs in almost 3 weeks), but I think at least 3 pounds is, so, hopefully, that will melt away quickly. to you.

Jo, is it possible you can do a watered-down version of your workout today? Maybe walk at a more leisurely pace? You don't have to take a rest day, but maybe lessen the intensity of today's workout. Either way, have a good workout.

Sum, I hope your lunch dates go well. I wish I had girlfriends to lunch with, but, alas, I do not. Maybe in another life. But, at least, this saves me money (and calories )! I have a lot of progress pictures, but, unfortunately, none at my heaviest. I think the earliest picture I have, I was probably 280-290. I may post two pictures of me in the same (college graduation) dress (1 at 280ish and 1 at 185) in the mini-goals section so I can see what a difference 100 pounds (or so) make.

K9, I hope everything is going well with you today. I'm down another pound, so this week's going to be HUGE for me, HUGE I say!

Last edited by princessgina00; 02-01-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #88  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I don't know that I'll lose this week. I may actually have a gain The week isn't over, but I can already tell!

My legs ache & I'm so friggin hungry, I could seriously eat my right arm atm!!

Today is my 1200 cal day and I may very well go over in cals. I also have ZERO motivation to run or do BR or my Plateau Challenge exercises.

Days like this really SUCK for me! I should be the example, or at least that's how I feel.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #89  

K9 don't know if you will see this or will be off to work, but hang in there. You are either ovulating or you are getting ready to drop some major poundage, or both . Just try to do what you can, eat an extra 1-200 cals today if you need them, but just hang on a day or so and it will pass. I know, easy for me to say, but it will be so worth it!!!

Princess, thanks, I did get my workout in and today wasn't scheduled to be overly intense anyways, so I stuck with my plan. I am happy with that. And for expecting a huge week!!! I am excited to hear about it!!!

Larry, hey 10 pounds isn't so bad, good for you! And knowing how you gain water weight, I bet it isn't all true weight either.

Sum, how did you do with your lunch? At least you know the scale jump is from the water last night. I hope you find yourself peeing the day away .

ItsMyTurn, hope the classwork is going well for you. I bet you like to burn off some energy on the elliptical after those days!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #90  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

hi everyone ive been very b usy and this website doesnt work well...still running, starting 4-minut intervals now...still holding right at 200...will post more if i can get this site to work better
Closed Thread