Old 01-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #91  

Height: 5'6.5"

Helloo all. Survived another workday - yay! I walked 2 miles but my calves are KILLING me from my last walk so I had to stop because they were tensing up. Those WATP DVDs are worse than they sound. Plus, I'm really out of shape, need to get back into it.

Because I have done the yo-yo dieting thing before, I feel like 1500 is a great number for me. I am going to play with it and see how it goes. 1000 is definitely not sustainable for me! Of course, if I'm not losing weight, then I'll re-adjust

Jamie - Good luck with the walking! I would LOVE an elliptical, but I want to trust myself that I'm committed before making a big purchase like that.

LW - Sounds like a great plan with the running. It sounds similar to couch-to-5k. I'm hoping by the summer I've lost enough weight to start running. I forget, what "plan" are you following, if any? Calorie counting?

Jessica - Welcome! I looking forward to losing weight together. I'm just curious where you got 1k calories from? All the calorie counting sites had me much higher. I like this one the best: http://www.healthyweightforum.org/en...ries-required/
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #92  
go ticker go!

S/C/G: 291/245.4/195

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone and welcome Jessica! I had a pretty good weekend - went a little overboard Sunday but I normally do - that's why I like weighing in on Fridays, gives me time to 'correct' my mistakes Speaking of exercise, I PVR'd some "Bollyfit" episodes. It's Bollywood dancing made into an exercise show. I'm going to try it and see what happens. Looks like fun.

Jen
begoodjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #93  

Jen - Ooooh, that Bollywood dancing sounds great! I'm really wanting to get a dance video of some type like Zumba, but that sounds intriguing as well. Do you only weigh yourself once a week? I'm trying really hard to stick to the once a week weigh-in so I don't drive myself crazy.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #94  
go ticker go!

S/C/G: 291/245.4/195

Height: 5'10"

Laura - Yes I generally only weigh myself once a week. When I first started losing I weighed myself EVERY DAY! It wasn't so bad though because I was losing a pound every couple of days which is usually what happens. When the losses started to slow down as I knew they would, I decided to stick with once a week so I don't drive myself crazy. It is hard though, even today I am tempted.

Jen
begoodjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello Jewels

I am having a rough craving day, so I am trying to keep busy. Thought I would say hello to everyone. I did the treadmill last night, just 30 minutes but I will work up more every week. Hope everyone else is having a good day.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 258/248/158

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone! I'm alreay excited about being involved in "jewels"

Laura78-Thanks for the link! Great tool; I really came up with the 1,000 cal figure on my own. I've actually ended up doing calorie cycling a little bit as well. Not sure how effective this will be as I'm just ending my first week. I plan to weigh today but also would love to do the Friday weigh in with you guys!

LW12-Thanks for the welcome! Yes I'll definitely be doing the Friday weigh in! I'm too embarrased to tell my friends how much I weigh; It's nice to have a group of people I can be honest with.

Meetzer-Let me know how your progress goes and I'll do the same! I've heard so many differing opinions on "starvation mode" that I guess I'll just see for myself lol.

I hope you all have a wonderful day
Jbailey7780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #97  

One more thing - When I walk on the treadmill my knees ache. Last night my left knee ached for several hours after I got home.

A while back when I was walking in my neighborhood I was having trouble with my knees; I though maybe it was the "terrain" because the sidewalks are uneven and that the treadmill would help since it's a smooth surface. I'm walking on an incline though, up to 5%. Could the incline be causing this?

I'm sure my weight has alot to do with it. I just don't want to do any irreversible damage.

Thoughts? Experiences?
Old 01-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Laura78 ~ I'm calorie counting & exercising for the now. If that doesn't work, I'll obviously have to look at some other method. I feel that a lot of my weight issues come from over eating so I'm hoping that all I need to do is calorie count and be more aware of what I'm eating. Fingers crossed...

Jbailey7780 ~ You know yourself better than anyone else but 1000 calories does sound quite low. Do you think that you will be able to maintain it or have you a plan up your sleeve as you lose the weight?

I hope you are all having a good Tuesday! xx
LW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #99  

Good evening everyone

I feel like I have eaten way too much today although my calorie counter says i ate 1423 calories, 40.28 of fat and 213 grams of carbs. I did walk on the treadmill and did alot of housework today and everything I ate was healthy or whole grain. I hope the cravings are not as bad tomm, today was rough. How is everyone else hanging in there?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #100  

Good morning all! Yesterday there were major layoffs at work but it seemed I survived yet again. It was certainly stressful but I didn't even eat my stress away, so that was a positive step

I really need to get a workout in today (like really, really - LOL). What I really need to find is a quick yet effective 20 minute or so workout video I could do. I can find 20 mins, I'm just finding it difficult to find an hour.

Jamie - 1423 cals sounds perfect, certainly not cheating. I'm working hard at staying right at 1500 just so I know if I need to adjust based on weightloss. I've heard it can take several weeks to figure out your "number" and also that you have to keep adjusting 5 cals or so per week as you are losing. Sorry your cravings are so rough. Do you find they are at a certain time of day? For me it is always once work is done, the kids are in bed and I plop own in exhaustion, my mind starts going. This week I left 100 cals per evening for a small snack and it seems to help.

Jessica - I have suffered knee pain my whole life. I have to be SUPER careful on my knees and can't do anything high impact until I'm much much lighter. Try to be gentle on your knees and keep your impact as minimal as possible. It's not something you want to mess up!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #101  

Laura, My RDI according to my calorie counter is 2100 calories but that seems high so i try to stay around 1500 and also watch carbs and fat intake as well which my calorie counter app on my phone automatically keeps up with.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Hi girls. Trying day but I survived!! How are you all doing?

Laura78 ~ For a quick 20 minute work-out I do kettlebell exercises with an 8kg k'bell. I'll move up to a higher weight as I perfect the moves & become stronger. I went onto Youtube & looked up k'bell exercises. I then made up my own workout making sure it incorporated arms, legs & core. Its definitely worked, especially on my legs. Plus, its a cheap piece of kit to buy. I think Tesco is currently selling a 7.5kg k'bell for £13.
LW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #103  

I know our weigh in isn't until Friday but since I began last Wed, I went ahead & weighed this morning just out of curiosity and I lost 3 lbs. That's good right? (I'll still weigh on Friday and make that my new day).

I really need to stop watching "The Biggest Loser" because it's easy to get discouraged watching all that weight loss but I don't have time to make working out a full time job And I realize that's not realistic for the general public!

Laura-Agreed about the knees not being something you want to mess up. Thanks for sharing your experience. I might have to try alternating treadmill with bike.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 201/201/121

Height: 5'1"

Talking

Hi! I'm Amber, I'm 18 years old, and I am squishy! when I was little I was always just on the edge between average and chubby, but I was always super into cheerleading, which held off the enevitable for six years. But my sophomore year it was too expensive, so I had to quit. Apparently you can't eat everything in sight and still expect it to be burned off during practice! So here I am, the proverbial teapot, and ever so ready for change. I have two seven day diets that i'm going to be alternating each week, which are big on fruits and vegetables, and suuuper strict about carbs. And bananas, for some reason. I'm starting them in February, and I hope to have lost thirty pounds by my nineteenth birthday, ideally.
cheering4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/180

OK everyone confession time... I totally ruined my diet today as I was surprised by ex coworkers into going out for Chinese smorgasbord for lunch ( my downfall sweet n sour chicken) Then we went out for drinks and my exercise kinda got forgotten....... so

Back on the bandwagon tomorrow and extra exercise... getting treadmill on Friday so that should help with the exercise part.
Will keep ya all posted.

Love this way of confession with support it really helps
Kitten1966 is offline   Reply With Quote